Darrell Ward Designs Reviews

Darrell Ward Designs 6
Darrell Ward Designs 7
  • I

Irma · Married on 10/10/2015

I knew I wanted Darrell Ward for my daughter's wedding since she was 4 years old. She is 26 and Darrell Ward Design's exceeded my expectations! From the flowers to expert wedding planning - Darrell seemed to always know what to do before I could think of it. I knew the flowers were going to be breathtaking, which they were truly amazing, but the day of the wedding couldn't have been more perfect. Darrell handled everything so me and my guests could just have a great time. Everyone couldn't get over how beautiful the room looked thanks to Darrell and his amazingly creative and hard working staff. I know I will be receiving compliments several months from now - or at least until he helps me with "my" wedding next year - CAN'T WAIT!!!

Sent on 10/14/2015

Thank you!
    I had so much fun!
    Such a SPECIAL family. Love you all.

Stephanie · Married on 09/26/2015

Darrell was fabulous! Can't say enough great things about him! From talking on the phone, the planning, going to the flower market, our budget, our vision, to the day of the wedding, he was great. Everyone commented how beautiful the flowers were and they were better than our vision. If you are reading this, you don't need to look farther. He's your guy, call him! I will be using him again.

Sent on 10/15/2015

Thank you so much!
    I had so much fun working with you.
    All my very best!

Melissa · Married on 09/19/2015

Hiring Darrell was the best decision I made during my wedding planning!!! From the beginning he was extremely professional, and made me feel comfortable with every decision. He is great about sticking to your budget! He was my florist and wedding day coordinator. He was always in communication with me in regards to the wedding and decor. The day of the wedding went absolutely perfect. I could not have asked for a more smoothly run wedding. We had more guests arrive than expected at the reception, and he was super flexible and worked quickly to get another table set up for dinner. All the decorations and floral arrangements, from the bouquets, church floral arrangement, to the centerpieces, were absolutely stunning!! When I walked into the ballroom of our reception it was absolutely more beautiful than I envisioned it, I honestly teared up from how gorgeous the entire set up of the reception was. Darrell is super easy to get in contact with, and is extremely helpful in planning. He has great ideas and is so helpful in keeping you calm and as stress free as possible. I HIGHLY recommend him!!!

Sent on 11/03/2015

Thank you so MUCH!
    We all had a wonderful time!
    Hugs to all.

Shannon · Married on 09/05/2015

Darrell is a fantastic florist. He knows his stuff and can see your vision even if it is not clear to you. He can work with any budget and creates quality arrangements. I would highly recommend him.

Sent on 11/02/2015

Kaye · Married on 07/02/2015

Darrell is the BEST! He was amazing to work with from beginning to end. My daughter wasn't exactly sure of what she wanted at first, but she had some pictures to show Darrell and he met with us at the flower market and showed her many choices and options as well as working within our budget. Darrell's work was amazing! He decorated for the groom's mother at the rehearsal dinner and it was absolutely beautiful! The bouquets, corsages and boutonnieres, etc. for the wedding were exactly what we wanted and more. Words can't describe how gorgeous all of the flowers were. Darrell helped make our wedding day perfect! Not only did he design the stunning flowers, but he stepped in and helped out before and during the ceremony and reception to make our event so very special. He goes above and beyond and is outstanding to work with. I would highly recommend Darrell Ward and we plan on using him again. Not only is he a fabulous florist and a wonderful person, he has become a great friend! Love him!

Sent on 07/13/2015

Jackie · Married on 07/02/2015

Darrell Ward is amazing! His work is fantastic, and everyone that was at the wedding were in awe of how beautiful the flowers were; in the bouquets and the centerpieces. He is so much fun to work with, and at the end of the event Darrell was part of our family. I have referred him to at least 10 other brides this year because of his quality, professionalism, etc. Hands down THE best florist in the DFW metroplex!

Sent on 07/26/2015

Laurie · Married on 05/16/2015

Darrell and his whole staff where an absolute Godsend to an amazing wedding day. From the very first meeting we had, it was like talking to a close friend who was obviously passionate about his work and his Bride's dreams for her big day. The flowers were so perfect I really don't know how to describe it. The colors, textures, and creativity were all more than I could imagine. The bouquets for the bride and her bridesmaids were so beautiful. Our bride had a picture that she dreamed her bouquet would look like and Darrell spent days preparing the peonies, roses and hydrangeas into the perfect and I do mean perfect bouquet. And if the flowers weren't enough, Darrell also worked as our wedding coordinator and for several months, helped the mother of the Bride with all of the vendors, scheduling, details and such. Any time she would get a little nervous, she could count on Darrell to calm her mind, handle any issues and keep the planning on track. I can't thank Darrell enough for helping us all enjoy the entire wedding experience.

Sent on 05/17/2015

Let me start by saying Darrell is AWESOME! He is very knowledgeable about his work, and really listens to what you want. He listens to your budget, and tells you how you can get the look you want for less. I loved getting to meet with him at the flower market and getting to see the actual flowers, instead of him just showing me pictures. Darrell is the most personable vendor that I used. He called to touch base with me several times while we were in the planning stages and was always willing to listen to me if I changed my mind about our designs.

Not only is he a wonderful florist, but he was also my day of coordinator. He took care of everything, from setting up the flowers, to giving the bridal party mints, and even bobby pinning my hair that had fallen! He is so kind and really cares about making your special day run as smoothly as possible. I got so many compliments on not only our beautiful flowers, but also about how wonderful and personable Darrell was. Throughout the night he made sure that my husband and I had time to eat, he would come around with water for us while we were taking pictures, and he was always asking if we needed anything. If you are planning a wedding or special event, I would highly recommend using Darrel Ward Designs.

-Nicole Garcia

Sent on 06/01/2015

Dee · Married on 05/16/2015

Darrell is the most caring florist and "day of" wedding coordinator anyone could ask for. We couldn't have made it through the day without him. He was everywhere. The flowers were like something out of a dream. Everything was so beautiful! Everywhere you looked you could see his handiwork. He did an amazing job as our day of coordinator and made everyone feel at ease. He kept things running smoothly and did his best to look out for the bride and groom. He even stood watch over them so that they could eat without being disturbed. He checked in on my daughter and helped pin her hair. I cannot say enough about Darrell and his staff, They were very professional and worked so hard. We loved them and would highly recommend them!!

Sent on 06/08/2015

Darrell is truly an amazing florist who pays attention to the details and considers the balance and composition of every single creation he makes. My jaw literally dropped to the floor when I walked into my wedding space last week. The arrangements he created were beyond compare; each with personality and life. On top of all of that, Darrell is personable and friendly, and will do his very best to make sure you are happy. Not only do I now have a florist for life, but also a great friend.

Sent on 05/17/2015
  • User4972043 · 2+ years ago

Darrell did a fantastic job this weekend for my daughters wedding. All of our out of town guests remarked about the flowers. He's very receptive to what you want.

Sent on 04/13/2015

Kari · Married on 11/30/2014

We have used Darrell Ward Designs for over 5 years for a beautiful, unique fresh flower arrangement for our business as well as our holiday decorations and gifts to clients. He works with us each year to get a flavor for what we want and he works for months to locate and design exactly what we had envisioned! His work is always elegant, beautiful, right on time and just what we desire, he makes certain that it is. He is so personable and it is clear that he loves what he does for us. He beams brighter than we do when he hits it right on the mark. He is fantastic to work with and works tirelessly to ensure we are satisfied!

Sent on 12/03/2014

Darrell and staff.

Darrell did an amazing job with the floral for our wedding, plus, plus. He was incredibly helpful, responsive and understanding, By far, the best vendor we worked with for our entire wedding. I would and have already highly recommended him to others.

Sent on 12/02/2014

Thank you do very much.

Jill · Married on 10/11/2014

Working with Darrell was an absolute blessing. Not only was he able to stay within my budget , he was able to design center pieces, bouquets and wedding party flowers that looked way out of my price range that were so beautiful! Darrell's flexibility to work with your schedule and budget were exactly what I was looking for. I went to a number of interviews with florists prior to Darrell but no one had that personality he did which actually made planning the floral section of my wedding very fun! Everyone at my reception commented just how perfectly the flowers matched the overall color scheme and theme of the wedding. I couldn't be happier with my experience with Darrell Ward Designs and would highly recommend his services to anyone who wants a hard working, talented and fun florist!

Sent on 10/15/2014

katie · Married on 09/13/2014

What is there to say about Darrell? He turned all of my visions into a reality-a beautiful one at that! He worked with me every time I changed my mind and was so helpful with everything. He gave great opinions and knew so much about flowers and planning. He was so much fun to be around and I couldn't have done it without him. He started out as just the florist, but then turned into my wedding planner. I HIGHLY recommend Darrell for weddings, parties, etc! If you need flowers, he can create the most beautiful arrangements I have ever seen. I didn't have to worry about anything the day of the wedding because I know Darrell had it handled. He worked all day Friday and Saturday to turn the Belo Mansion ballroom into the most decorated and beautiful reception I have ever seen. Darrell, thank you from the bottom of my heart. Nick and I love you!

Sent on 01/22/2015

juli · Married on 08/01/2014

If 5 stars is the highest rating, we give Darrell Ward Designs 10 stars! It was such a joy to work with their team - professional and personal - the floral arrangements for our wedding were … stunning, beautiful. perfect! They were attentive to every detail. We had complete confidence in their creations, and everything exceeded our expectations. Thank you Darrell for the exquisite bouquets and floral arrangements!

Sent on 08/03/2014

Marylou · Married on 07/26/2014

We have used Darrell for both of our daughter's weddings and would not think of using anyone else. He is incredibly customer oriented and will go above and beyond to help create your vision. He is professional, responsive, creative, communicative, fun, friendly, and flexible. He has worked in the wedding industry for 30+ years and not only is a wealth of information but also an amazing advocate for his customers. The level of service that Darrell provides is incomparable and the contributions he has made to both of our daughter' special days will never be forgotten. Thank you Darrell!!!

Sent on 07/31/2014

My very best!
    Love you all!
    So blessed to have been a part of your special day.

Lorry · Married on 07/26/2014

We had a great experience working with Darrell and would highly recommend him!

Sent on 08/02/2014

Darrell Ward Designs's reply:

Lorry, Was so nice to work with you.
    Will be fun to see the pictures.
    All my best, Darrell

Judy · Married on 07/19/2014

Darrell is amazingly talented and so great to work with !!

Sent on 07/19/2014

Thank you so much!!!
    See you soon.

So creative and helpful. Easy to work with. Beautiful flower arrangements!

Sent on 07/21/2014

Thank you so much.
    Darrell

Darrell has all the qualities that a bride needs when working with a florist. I was referred to him for a small amount of floral arrangements. However, he made me feel so important and special even though I was not a large customer. He was amazing! Darrell made me feel that I was the only bride he was working with! He really does want to make sure you are happy. He's fun to work with, responds quickly and while I don't plan on getting married again, I will definitely remember Darrell for other events that I may need flowers!

Sent on 07/16/2014

Thank you so much!
    Was so blessed to have worked with you!
    Hugs

Robert D and Randy Gwenyth · Married on 06/21/2014

Darrell was a referral and exceeded our expectations. Our daughter and fiancé were and still are serving overseas while all this was planned and Darrell took her ideas, colors, and budget while making the time to visit with the parents and educating us on the process and exciting us with his vision. He had the task of blending the flowers of a formal military wedding in a colonial chapel with simple elegance into a Wild West Barbecue reception at the River Ranch in the Ft Worth Stockyards. He did it brilliantly. We can't thank him enough for how he pulled this off so beautifully. We more than highly recommend Darrell Ward. He is an artist with vision.

Sent on 07/07/2014

Darrell Ward Designs's reply:

Hello sunshine. Was so much fun!
    Hugs,
    Darrell

Darrell was awesome. Love him!! Flowers were beautiful!!!

Sent on 03/08/2015

Thank you so much!
    Was so much fun working with you!
    All my very best!

Amy · Married on 05/17/2014

It was such a treat to work with Darrell for both Bridal Shower and Wedding! His designs were gorgeous and very creative. He was a total pro and kept us on budget and track. You will not be disappointed to work with this very talented floral artist. If you want a knock-out floral presence at your wedding/party/event, you MUST include Darrell Ward Designs in your plans!!!

Sent on 05/19/2014

Thank you so much!
    Let me know when you'r back.
    Have something special for you.
    Hugs,

Anna · Married on 05/17/2014

Darrell was an absolute pleasure to work with. He is so creative and detail oriented. Our wedding was perfect and we couldn't have done it without him. He is more than a florist, he helped with every detail of the wedding. We couldn't be happier.

Sent on 05/19/2014

Darrell Ward Designs's reply:

Thank you so much! Buddies for life!