Darrell Ward Designs Reviews

Darrell Ward Designs 5
Darrell Ward Designs 6
Darrell Ward Designs 7

Rachel · Married on 04/09/2017

Darrell is the best! He truly went above and beyond to make our wedding perfect. He worked as our florist, as well as day-of coordinator, and he excelled at both. He listened to exactly what we wanted in terms of flowers and made our vision a reality. The venue started as a fairly blank slate, and the flowers brought so much color and beauty to the space. He also made an incredible arch, which was the perfect backdrop to our ceremony. He even went the extra mile to make sure it was stable during the windy weather that day. As our coordinator, Darrell handled so many things to ensure that the wedding day ran smoothly. From contacting vendors to setting aside food for my husband and me, Darrell was there to help us remain as stress-free as possible. He even assisted with a last-minute wedding dress bustle snafu, which was so appreciated! Darrell was truly a joy to work with, and I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a florist and/or coordinator.

Sent on 04/22/2017

D · Married on 04/01/2017

Darrell did an outstanding job with our daughters wedding. The flower arangements were beautiful, the altar arch was breathtaking and all the bouquets were fabulous. Darrell did a wonderful job handling all the details and making sure the bride was happy. You can certainly tell that Darrell loves his job! He is easy to work with and will work with the budget to make sure the venue looks spectacular. This was our second experience with Darrell and both times he went over and beyond to make sure the wedding was one of the brides dreams. Darrell is the BEST!

Sent on 04/10/2017

lanette · Married on 02/04/2017

HERO OF THE DAY best describes Darrel's performance for my daughter's wedding. Enthusiastic, easy to work with, determined to please all describe the individualized attention he gives his brides. His stunning arrangements transformed both the ceremony and the reception venues into breathtaking scenes. Our guests described his handiwork as "over the top". The venue said that it was one of the prettiest set-ups they have seen done. He exceeds the expectation, going above and beyond everything we could ask or even think. He doesn't stop until every last detail is perfect. He's THE BEST.

Sent on 02/27/2017

Gwen · Married on 12/03/2016

We have now used Darrell twice (April 2013 & Dec. 2016) at different venues. Both of our daughters have benefited from his creative floral designs and have had the bridal bouquet of their dreams! He is knowledgeable, kind, creative and willing to work with the client who has budgetary concerns. I would recommend Darrell to anyone, not just brides, who need an outstanding creative florist! Gwen & Jim

Sent on 12/05/2016

Jeff · Married on 11/16/2016

Darrell is a LIFESAVER!! I had a last minute event for 300 ppl, and he came to my rescue with table centerpieces!
    I recommend him to everyone!
    beautiful arrangements and very well priced.

Sent on 11/21/2016

Lisa · Married on 11/05/2016

Darrell did an outstanding job of putting together a lovely flower design for the ceremony, cocktail reception and wedding reception. He doesn't skimp on inexpensive flowers but his prices are great. Instead of making more money he helps by reusing flowers. Eg., the alter flowers were later used at the head table. Chairs for the ceremony with flowers were reused at the head table. He's great and I will use him for other floral arrangement needs. He's my florist from here on out.

Sent on 11/10/2016

Darrell Ward Designs's reply:

WOW. You are too kind! Loved working with you!

Patricia · Married on 10/14/2016

Do not hesitate for a second to book Darrell. He is a genius with flowers, knows exactly what he's talking about and will go to any length to make a bride happy!! He works very hard to stay on budget while at the same time producing beautiful flower arrangements. Everything was absolutely gorgeous. When my granddaughter and I told him we wanted arrangements in white pumpkins for the reception, we were expecting at least a question. He didn't bat an eye, and I have to tell you that they were spectacular. When guests were given the opportunity to take one home, they couldn't grab them fast enough.
    My granddaughter's bouquet was exactly what she had asked for and it was perfectly beautiful.
    To top everything off, Darrell is the nicest sweetest man you'll ever meet. You will not regret booking with him!

Sent on 10/17/2016

Darrell Ward Designs's reply:

Thank you so very much. I had a great time working with all of you. Looking forward to the future. Darrell
  • Chandra

Chandra · Married on 09/17/2016

I don't even know if there are words to truly describe how amazing Darrell is...an absolute joy to work with and so very talented. He was always so responsive and really fun to work with. All of the arrangements and the arch were absolutely breathtaking. I can't even count how many compliments we received on how beautiful all the flowers were last night. He was so great about working with my budget and answering any questions I had. Everything was beautiful and looked like we spent much more than we actually did. I knew it would be great but he exceeded my expectations. I can't recommend him highly enough. He truly goes above and beyond. You will be so happy you chose him for your wedding/event.

Sent on 09/18/2016

Thank you so much!
    I had a blast working with you!
    All my very best.
    Darrell

Sarita · Married on 08/12/2016

Words cannot describe how beautiful my centerpieces, Bridal bouquet, and Bridesmaids flowers were for my wedding. Darrell is awesome! All of my guests took pictures of the centerpieces because they were amazing! He listened to everything I said that I wanted, but his creations FAR exceeded my expectations. When I walked into the reception room, the first thing I noticed were the tall beautiful centerpieces. My mouth was wide open! Darrell is great to work with and genuinely a nice person. Don't hesitate to book with him. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 08/16/2016

Thank you so much.
    It was a pleasure to work with you.

Janelle · Married on 07/23/2016

My advice is definitely to book this vendor! My son's wedding was this past weekend, & my husband & I needed floral arrangements for the rehearsal dinner at the Tower Club Dallas. I chose DGW Designs from their vendor list. For starters, Darrell helped me decide what we wanted. Then he created such stunning, gorgeous arrangements that it's hard to describe exactly how amazing they were! Very far beyond beautiful! Also far beyond expectations! Even relatives who are into floral arranging (though not professionally) were absolutely blown away. Darrell will definitely be the florist if/when my daughter marries. To top it off, he is a warm & wonderful person, so great to work with! Excellence all around!

Sent on 07/26/2016

Thank you so very much.
    Darrell

Steve · Married on 07/16/2016

My advice is to live the dream. Make the day everything you imagined it would be! My wedding day was the best day of my life!

Sent on 11/11/2016

Thank you both so much!
    All my very best!

karla · Married on 07/08/2016

Darrel Ward Designs provided the breathtaking arrangements, bouquets and boutonnieres for my daughters wedding. You were the first to call me on the morning of the wedding to discuss a plan B with me when the original venue we chose was taken over and closed by the FBI following the 5 Dallas Police deaths. After talking with you I realized you and Elena, Elena's Cakes, had been up since wee hours of the morning preplanning Plan B and were instrumental in insuring we had a wedding that same day at the historic Adolphus hotel. Darrell, I can't find the words to express all the gratitude in my heart for making my daughters day very special! Love you!

Sent on 07/11/2016

Darrell Ward Designs's reply:

Thank you with all my heart!

Donna · Married on 06/24/2016

Darrell exceeded my every expectation for my son's rehearsal dinner! He listened to my flower ideas, asked detailed questions to find what I truly wanted, and delivered breath-taking arrangements to the dinner venue. Darrell's flower creations were flexible enough to be shifted after dinner to a cocktail party with a completely different room arrangement. I will no doubt call Darrell for my next celebration! Thank you SO much, Darrell!

Sent on 06/26/2016

Blessings to all.
    So enjoyed our time.
    My very best!
    Hugs to all.

Amy · Married on 06/19/2016

I had the pleasure of meeting and working with Darrell on a wedding I was coordinating for a very special bride. I have to admit that I was a bit nervous when I saw the beautiful pictures of his work because she had such a small amount budgeted for flowers. I was sure he would tell us that he wasn't interested.... He didn't! He was so very helpful in guiding us through the process and helping us to create the perfect floral arrangements. He is fun, funny, personable and genuinely cared about every aspect of this wedding. I not only met one of the most talented and creative people ever but I have a friend for life. Darrell is a delight!
    Amy Beam

Sent on 05/15/2015

Christine · Married on 06/18/2016

Darrell was wonderful! Cannot go wrong with this choice!

Sent on 06/28/2016

ally · Married on 06/18/2016

Darrell recently did the flowers for my wedding and they were beyond beautiful! During my 13 month engagement I changed my mind quite a few times and Darrell was always helpful in making sure the vision I had was going to come to life, and it DEFINITELY did. He did a fantastic job and was even able to find flowers I wanted that were out of season. He is a fantastic florist and very responsive to every email,text, and phone call!

Sent on 06/29/2016

Thank you so much!
    We all had so much fun.
    Love your sweet family.
    Happy life.

Susan · Married on 06/03/2016

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Darrell Ward. The flowers were absolutely beautiful. I can't tell you how many people commented that they were the most beautiful wedding flowers they'd ever seen. Darrell is honestly one of the nicest gentlemen you'll ever want to meet. And on top of all this, his prices were excellent -- well under our budget!

Sent on 06/15/2016

Darrell did a great job from the moment I contacted him to the wedding day. He met me below my budget and didn't pressure me to do extra decorations or any flowers I didn't like. He got a feel for what I like and the flowers came out wonderful. The bouquets and center pieces were all set up and ready to go before I even got to the ceremony! He was a wonderful person to work with

Sent on 05/16/2016
  • User6519422 · 2+ years ago

Darrell did the flowers for our rehearsal dinner and wedding and a birthday party, all in the same week!! He was an absolute delight to work with and was able to take my vision and really make it great. I wanted something a bit different than your usual wedding and I knew that when I met Darrell, I needed to have him as our florist! Lots of fun to work with, listens to what the bride wants and understands your vision.

Sent on 03/24/2016

Thank you so much.
    I feel extremely blessed to been a part of such a wonderful week.

Darrell recently did the flowers for my wedding (large church centerpiece, reception centerpieces, bridal and bridesmaids bouquets and boutonnieres). Besides being very responsive to questions and always getting back to me quickly, I really appreciated the way he worked within my budget. He suggested several ways I could maximize the flowers I did have and let me pick up the flowers the day before (which were still perfect the next day) to save on delivery costs. He has so many years of floral expertise but still helped me feel like my day was special and unique!

Sent on 03/26/2016

Dionne · Married on 03/04/2016

Darrell is amazing!!! His creativity with flowers is unbelievable. He was so easy to work with and a joy to be around!! All the arrangements and bouquets super exceeded our expectations!!! We will definitely use him again!!!

Sent on 03/25/2016

Britney · Married on 01/30/2016

Darrell Ward is the BEST! He was always available and great at communicating. I didn't have to worry about him and we are so glad we had Darrell add the beautiful touch of flowers for our wedding. I told Darrell what my wedding colors were and some flowers I liked, and just trusted him to do the rest. He did a fabulous job and I will use him again for any parties or celebrations we host. He definitely goes up and above what you expect. Darrell called me the day before my wedding just to say, "Hi, take a deep breath, and get ready for the best day of your life." His phone was so sweet and made me smile. It's the little things that matter.

Thank you so much Darrell!!!

Sent on 03/20/2016

Thank you so much.
    It was a pleasure to work with you.

Amy · Married on 12/29/2015

I worked along side Darrell at my best friend's wedding. He was the best! Outgoing, creative, works well with everyone and truly cared about my best friend's vision on her special day. He will always be my recommendation to anyone and everyone I know getting married.

Sent on 01/07/2016

I had so much fun.

Courtney · Married on 12/29/2015

Where do I even begin when talking about Darrell?! He went above and beyond my expectations for the flowers at my wedding. As he would tell you, I was extremely nervous about the flowers. I had a vision in my head and I needed to see it come to fruition. With that being said, Darrell met with me MULTIPLE times without question. He brought me to the flower market to pick out my flowers to make sure that I was getting the prettiest flowers for the best price. My flower budget was not very big, but you would have never known that if you attended my wedding. Darrell was very responsive, professional, fun, everything. When I got to the venue the day of my wedding and saw my flowers, I started to cry! He literally took the picture out of my head and brought it to life. I am so incredibly thankful for Darrell and would recommend him all day, everyday.

Sent on 01/12/2016

Darrell Ward Designs's reply:

I had so much fun working with you!
    I know we will be life long friends.
    All my very best! HUGS

Philip · Married on 10/24/2015

Darrel was professional, funny, knowledgeable and fair in his pricing. I would recommend him highly for any event your planning. Flowers weren't my number one thing on my list for our wedding. Darrel changed my opinion. His flowers made our day!!!

Sent on 10/30/2015