Darrell Ward Designs Reviews

Darrell Ward Designs 5
Darrell Ward Designs 6
Darrell Ward Designs 7

Jeff · Married on 11/16/2016

Darrell is a LIFESAVER!! I had a last minute event for 300 ppl, and he came to my rescue with table centerpieces!
    I recommend him to everyone!
    beautiful arrangements and very well priced.

Sent on 11/21/2016

Lisa · Married on 11/05/2016

Darrell did an outstanding job of putting together a lovely flower design for the ceremony, cocktail reception and wedding reception. He doesn't skimp on inexpensive flowers but his prices are great. Instead of making more money he helps by reusing flowers. Eg., the alter flowers were later used at the head table. Chairs for the ceremony with flowers were reused at the head table. He's great and I will use him for other floral arrangement needs. He's my florist from here on out.

Sent on 11/10/2016

Darrell Ward Designs's reply:

WOW. You are too kind! Loved working with you!

Patricia · Married on 10/14/2016

Do not hesitate for a second to book Darrell. He is a genius with flowers, knows exactly what he's talking about and will go to any length to make a bride happy!! He works very hard to stay on budget while at the same time producing beautiful flower arrangements. Everything was absolutely gorgeous. When my granddaughter and I told him we wanted arrangements in white pumpkins for the reception, we were expecting at least a question. He didn't bat an eye, and I have to tell you that they were spectacular. When guests were given the opportunity to take one home, they couldn't grab them fast enough.
    My granddaughter's bouquet was exactly what she had asked for and it was perfectly beautiful.
    To top everything off, Darrell is the nicest sweetest man you'll ever meet. You will not regret booking with him!

Sent on 10/17/2016

Darrell Ward Designs's reply:

Thank you so very much. I had a great time working with all of you. Looking forward to the future. Darrell
  • Chandra

Chandra · Married on 09/17/2016

I don't even know if there are words to truly describe how amazing Darrell is...an absolute joy to work with and so very talented. He was always so responsive and really fun to work with. All of the arrangements and the arch were absolutely breathtaking. I can't even count how many compliments we received on how beautiful all the flowers were last night. He was so great about working with my budget and answering any questions I had. Everything was beautiful and looked like we spent much more than we actually did. I knew it would be great but he exceeded my expectations. I can't recommend him highly enough. He truly goes above and beyond. You will be so happy you chose him for your wedding/event.

Sent on 09/18/2016

Thank you so much!
    I had a blast working with you!
    All my very best.

Sarita · Married on 08/12/2016

Words cannot describe how beautiful my centerpieces, Bridal bouquet, and Bridesmaids flowers were for my wedding. Darrell is awesome! All of my guests took pictures of the centerpieces because they were amazing! He listened to everything I said that I wanted, but his creations FAR exceeded my expectations. When I walked into the reception room, the first thing I noticed were the tall beautiful centerpieces. My mouth was wide open! Darrell is great to work with and genuinely a nice person. Don't hesitate to book with him. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 08/16/2016

Thank you so much.
    It was a pleasure to work with you.

Janelle · Married on 07/23/2016

My advice is definitely to book this vendor! My son's wedding was this past weekend, & my husband & I needed floral arrangements for the rehearsal dinner at the Tower Club Dallas. I chose DGW Designs from their vendor list. For starters, Darrell helped me decide what we wanted. Then he created such stunning, gorgeous arrangements that it's hard to describe exactly how amazing they were! Very far beyond beautiful! Also far beyond expectations! Even relatives who are into floral arranging (though not professionally) were absolutely blown away. Darrell will definitely be the florist if/when my daughter marries. To top it off, he is a warm & wonderful person, so great to work with! Excellence all around!

Sent on 07/26/2016

Thank you so very much.

Steve · Married on 07/16/2016

My advice is to live the dream. Make the day everything you imagined it would be! My wedding day was the best day of my life!

Sent on 11/11/2016

Thank you both so much!
    All my very best!

karla · Married on 07/08/2016

Darrel Ward Designs provided the breathtaking arrangements, bouquets and boutonnieres for my daughters wedding. You were the first to call me on the morning of the wedding to discuss a plan B with me when the original venue we chose was taken over and closed by the FBI following the 5 Dallas Police deaths. After talking with you I realized you and Elena, Elena's Cakes, had been up since wee hours of the morning preplanning Plan B and were instrumental in insuring we had a wedding that same day at the historic Adolphus hotel. Darrell, I can't find the words to express all the gratitude in my heart for making my daughters day very special! Love you!

Sent on 07/11/2016

Darrell Ward Designs's reply:

Thank you with all my heart!

Donna · Married on 06/24/2016

Darrell exceeded my every expectation for my son's rehearsal dinner! He listened to my flower ideas, asked detailed questions to find what I truly wanted, and delivered breath-taking arrangements to the dinner venue. Darrell's flower creations were flexible enough to be shifted after dinner to a cocktail party with a completely different room arrangement. I will no doubt call Darrell for my next celebration! Thank you SO much, Darrell!

Sent on 06/26/2016

Blessings to all.
    So enjoyed our time.
    My very best!
    Hugs to all.

Amy · Married on 06/19/2016

I had the pleasure of meeting and working with Darrell on a wedding I was coordinating for a very special bride. I have to admit that I was a bit nervous when I saw the beautiful pictures of his work because she had such a small amount budgeted for flowers. I was sure he would tell us that he wasn't interested.... He didn't! He was so very helpful in guiding us through the process and helping us to create the perfect floral arrangements. He is fun, funny, personable and genuinely cared about every aspect of this wedding. I not only met one of the most talented and creative people ever but I have a friend for life. Darrell is a delight!
    Amy Beam

Sent on 05/15/2015

Christine · Married on 06/18/2016

Darrell was wonderful! Cannot go wrong with this choice!

Sent on 06/28/2016

ally · Married on 06/18/2016

Darrell recently did the flowers for my wedding and they were beyond beautiful! During my 13 month engagement I changed my mind quite a few times and Darrell was always helpful in making sure the vision I had was going to come to life, and it DEFINITELY did. He did a fantastic job and was even able to find flowers I wanted that were out of season. He is a fantastic florist and very responsive to every email,text, and phone call!

Sent on 06/29/2016

Thank you so much!
    We all had so much fun.
    Love your sweet family.
    Happy life.

Susan · Married on 06/03/2016

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Darrell Ward. The flowers were absolutely beautiful. I can't tell you how many people commented that they were the most beautiful wedding flowers they'd ever seen. Darrell is honestly one of the nicest gentlemen you'll ever want to meet. And on top of all this, his prices were excellent -- well under our budget!

Sent on 06/15/2016

Darrell did a great job from the moment I contacted him to the wedding day. He met me below my budget and didn't pressure me to do extra decorations or any flowers I didn't like. He got a feel for what I like and the flowers came out wonderful. The bouquets and center pieces were all set up and ready to go before I even got to the ceremony! He was a wonderful person to work with

Sent on 05/16/2016
  • User6519422 · 2+ years ago

Darrell did the flowers for our rehearsal dinner and wedding and a birthday party, all in the same week!! He was an absolute delight to work with and was able to take my vision and really make it great. I wanted something a bit different than your usual wedding and I knew that when I met Darrell, I needed to have him as our florist! Lots of fun to work with, listens to what the bride wants and understands your vision.

Sent on 03/24/2016

Thank you so much.
    I feel extremely blessed to been a part of such a wonderful week.

Darrell recently did the flowers for my wedding (large church centerpiece, reception centerpieces, bridal and bridesmaids bouquets and boutonnieres). Besides being very responsive to questions and always getting back to me quickly, I really appreciated the way he worked within my budget. He suggested several ways I could maximize the flowers I did have and let me pick up the flowers the day before (which were still perfect the next day) to save on delivery costs. He has so many years of floral expertise but still helped me feel like my day was special and unique!

Sent on 03/26/2016

Dionne · Married on 03/04/2016

Darrell is amazing!!! His creativity with flowers is unbelievable. He was so easy to work with and a joy to be around!! All the arrangements and bouquets super exceeded our expectations!!! We will definitely use him again!!!

Sent on 03/25/2016

Britney · Married on 01/30/2016

Darrell Ward is the BEST! He was always available and great at communicating. I didn't have to worry about him and we are so glad we had Darrell add the beautiful touch of flowers for our wedding. I told Darrell what my wedding colors were and some flowers I liked, and just trusted him to do the rest. He did a fabulous job and I will use him again for any parties or celebrations we host. He definitely goes up and above what you expect. Darrell called me the day before my wedding just to say, "Hi, take a deep breath, and get ready for the best day of your life." His phone was so sweet and made me smile. It's the little things that matter.

Thank you so much Darrell!!!

Sent on 03/20/2016

Thank you so much.
    It was a pleasure to work with you.

Amy · Married on 12/29/2015

I worked along side Darrell at my best friend's wedding. He was the best! Outgoing, creative, works well with everyone and truly cared about my best friend's vision on her special day. He will always be my recommendation to anyone and everyone I know getting married.

Sent on 01/07/2016

I had so much fun.

Courtney · Married on 12/29/2015

Where do I even begin when talking about Darrell?! He went above and beyond my expectations for the flowers at my wedding. As he would tell you, I was extremely nervous about the flowers. I had a vision in my head and I needed to see it come to fruition. With that being said, Darrell met with me MULTIPLE times without question. He brought me to the flower market to pick out my flowers to make sure that I was getting the prettiest flowers for the best price. My flower budget was not very big, but you would have never known that if you attended my wedding. Darrell was very responsive, professional, fun, everything. When I got to the venue the day of my wedding and saw my flowers, I started to cry! He literally took the picture out of my head and brought it to life. I am so incredibly thankful for Darrell and would recommend him all day, everyday.

Sent on 01/12/2016

Darrell Ward Designs's reply:

I had so much fun working with you!
    I know we will be life long friends.
    All my very best! HUGS

Philip · Married on 10/24/2015

Darrel was professional, funny, knowledgeable and fair in his pricing. I would recommend him highly for any event your planning. Flowers weren't my number one thing on my list for our wedding. Darrel changed my opinion. His flowers made our day!!!

Sent on 10/30/2015

Thank you so very much!

Jason · Married on 10/24/2015

Darrell was AMAZING to work with! He was honest, truthful and fair. He went way beyond. We had met with a referred florist prior to meeting Darrell and had a completely different experience. Darrell met with us and spend good quality time with us to make the best selections for our wedding. On our wedding day his flowers were really the only thing that turned out as expected. He is amazing and so genuine. We will continue to use him for any of our floral needs. Choose Darrell... You'll be so glad you did!

Sent on 10/30/2015

Thank you so very much!
    You both were so much fun.

Laura · Married on 10/24/2015

Darrell was by far the BEST florist we could have gone with for our October wedding! When we first met him, we were very impressed at his professional skills, and we loved that he immediately made me and my husband feel like the most important clients he had. We loved that he really listened to what we wanted and even took us to a floral wholesaler to get more ideas for bouquets, boutonnieres and centerpieces. Darrell was amazing at working within our budget and was very honest with what we could and could not get ... which we really appreciated. I cannot express enough how much we loved working with him and I would recommend him to anyone in need of a florist for any occasion. He made our day so beautiful and made us feel special in the process. Thank you Darrell for everything!

Sent on 01/25/2016

Kevin · Married on 10/17/2015

Darrell is wonderful person. His arrangements were beautiful and as many reviewers have noted, goes the extra mile to make absolutely sure you are satisfied with his services. We had countless phone conversations and several trips to the flower shop. He wanted to make sure we were comfortable with all the decisions. In that respect he is top notch. He also made sure to stay within our budget. Wonderful man, wonderful florist!

Sent on 11/23/2015

Lacy · Married on 10/17/2015

Darrell is incredible! I was connected to him through a friend and SO glad I took the recommendation. He is the sweetest, funniest and extremely flexible with whatever the bride or couple needs. It was an absolute joy to work with someone that has a passion for design and beauty. I was in complete shock at the work he did one my wedding day - it was above and beyond what I had imaged. Anyone would be lucky to work with him and his team!

Sent on 01/05/2016

Darrell Ward Designs's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful compliment.
    I had a blast working with you.