Darla Photography Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

1 User photo

Darla Photography 1

Tyra · Married on 09/18/2010

Darla and her staff were amazing! She is very personable and professional. She made my wedding day the most memorable day of my life. For our day we also had a second photographer who was also outstanding. I would recommend Darla's services to anyone seeking an experienced photographer. I am looking forward to working with her again in the future!

Sent on 02/22/2012

Golda · Married on 03/20/2010

My wedding was in March 2010. After meeting with several local photographers I chose Darla because I felt her photography style truly captured what I was looking for. Didn't hurt that even her competition (one of the vendors I visited) admitted she was a wonderful photographer! Her prices are reasonable for every budget and her professionalism impeccable. You will not be sorry that you booked her :).

Sent on 12/02/2010

Rasha · Married on 08/09/2008

Our photos turned out beautifully - much better than I expected. Her prices are very reasonable without sacrificing quality. I loved working with her. She's really nice and was very helpful during the wedding. She helped me get into my dress and everything.
    She seemed a little frazzled because there was a fire during our reception and we were all evacuated from the building. However she did manage to sneak into the Ballroom and get her equipment after they evacuated us! She's great and I really recommend her especially if you are on a budget. Middle eastern and muslim brides: Darla is very familiar with arab, Iranian, pakistani and indian weddings

Sent on 02/04/2009

Darla Photography's reply:

Thank you Reeshiez for the great review! Events where very hectic but great fun!! Preparation took a hour longer than scheduled. An hour behind, I lost the allotted time to photograph the bride, groom and family members in the ballroom. The ballroom was filled with guests for the procession and dinner. I rushed the families to the lobby, the Hyatt on my tail to begin the event. I completed all formals in 15 minutes. During dinner I had the bride and groom join me in the lobby to photograph their formals and within 1 minute the hotel’s fire alarms went off and began evacuation. There where firemen with axes coming in as guests in formals where leaving. I held the bride and groom behind, Reeshiez’s dress was stunning and we didn’t want it ruined. The party continued outside on the street. We have beautiful shots of the bride, groom and family members with fire trucks fighting a fire behind them. Both Reeshiez and Yahya where class acts through the entire night, never complaining or angry, they enjoyed the event even through it wasn’t as they planned. They get 5.0 as a perfect couple and client!

Sara · Married on 08/25/2012

I'm so glad my husband and I chose Darla as our wedding photographer. From our very first meeting we loved her enthusiasm and how comfortable she made us feel. She was always prompt in responding to my emails and calls and didn't mind answering question after question I had throughout the entire wedding planning process. Darla recommended the beach nearby Celebrations at the Bay to use for pre-wedding pictures with the bridal party -- and I'm so happy she did! On my wedding day they were calling for rain and Darla called me that morning to make sure I wasn't completely stressing out. While it poured during our ceremony, we were able to get pictures at the beach ahead of time and they came out great!! Thanks Darla!

Sent on 01/17/2013

Amber · Married on 04/21/2007

Darla did an excellent job in photoghaphing our Wedding. The pre-bridal shots were so beautiful. She covered everything in the Wedding and Reception and we couldn't believe the number of proofs we received.

Sent on 05/15/2007

Dena · Married on 05/21/2006

3.5
      3.5

I am not able to fully finish rating Darla because I haven't chosen the pictures for my wedding album yet, so I don't have that to look at yet to rate the quality of service and value for budget. Those ratings may go up once I finally get everything done. The proofs do look nice and there a ton of pictures to choose from which is what's taking so long.

Sent on 01/23/2007

Kerry · Married on 10/04/2003

I chose Darla based on her work, and her price. Overall I was pleased with my pictures. I wish I had gone digital though instead of film. I also didn't care for her assistant on the day of. But again - overall I was pleased.

Sent on 12/14/2006

Darla Photography's reply:

I am verry sorry for the bride in this review, I have never met to air any of my personal problems to the public nor take them to a job as important as someones wedding or event. A am sorry for any disappointment I may have caused.

Janie · Married on 04/22/2012

2.8
      3.0
      1.5
      0.5

For brides getting married in the off-season and on a budget, this vendor is an excellent option. That said, I would not recommend for any other situation. Calls were not returned for days and information had to be provided multiple times as it was being lost. It was impossible to get her off the phone. And its just my opinion, but I don't need a vendor yelling at me or complaining about legal woes. The pictures were decent, but pale in comparison to other photography experiences I've had and the artistic quality of others. So, maybe I just had a bad experience, but I would neither use again nor recommend to a friend.

Sent on 05/14/2012

Darla Photography's reply:

I am once again sorry for an disappointment or dismay I have caused to this couple. Earlier in the year I had selected a new webdesigner and he had changed most of the items in my packages. The package this couple purchased had the same name as the prious years but an additional photographer was added . I did not realize it until later in the day. I am am sorry but I did discount and over shot as soon as I realized it. to make up for the additional photographer.

Tania · Married on 03/23/2013

1.0

Worst photographer! If you want unforced, cropped heads, terrible photo vision or blurred pictures etc. then go for it. She ripped us off and promised a second photographer then charged us more money to stay for the most important part of the wedding reception at the end because she came early. If you want to see my wedding photos I got from her, then by all means contact me, I'd be happy to share the photo scam that is Darla photography that ruined my wedding photos. The photos she showed us didn't even compare to what she gave us. She even cut the top off the wedding cake! In most of the photos, peoples faces were too brighten and blotchy. We even took her to court to get at least half our money back and she didn't even show up! Don't take the chance and regret choosing her for the biggest moment in your life.

Sent on 01/19/2015

Amy · Married on 10/05/2013

0.0

My wedding date was October 5, 2013. On January 19, 2014, I finalized my album seIections via the album design site (Pictage). Over a year after my wedding date, as of today - November 8 - 2014, Darla has still not finalized or delivered a wedding album to showcase my special day. I have reported this to the Better Business Bureau (BBB). On November 7, 2014, the BBB finalized my complaint in their database as "The business failed to resolve the complaint issues - 11/7/2014 - Delivery Issues." As any other bride would be, I am beyond disappointed that I have no wedding album to share with my family & friends.

Sent on 11/08/2014