Dark + Diamond Floral Design Reviews

84 | Beacon, NY

84 Reviews for Dark + Diamond Floral Design

Lilly · Married on 07/03/2016

Katie and Michael were truly the most amazing people. We met them in their beautiful home in Beacon and had a really personal meeting with them where they were so in sync with our requests, offered amazing suggestions, and just totally got our vision. They are the sweetest people and were so incredibly kind and communicative (not to mention incredibly cool!). Throughout the whole process of planning for our wedding, they were SO responsive, tailored our requests to our budget requirements and ultimately put together floral arrangements that exceeded our expectations. From the chuppah (which they very respectfully crafted around a personal Talis), to the aisle, to the centerpieces, to unique vintage pieces they scavenged for - our wedding was beyond what we could have ever imagined, and it was largely thanks to them. We had so many friends come up to us and tell us that our wedding looked like it came right out of Pinterest. Katie and Michael are truly the best - highly highly recommend!

Sent on 07/07/2016

Adrian · Married on 06/25/2016

Dark and Diamond are a premier vendor for sure. Katie and Michael are true artists and the quality of their work cannot be understated. They singlehandedly made our wedding into an unforgettable day. Extremely professional, extremely reliable. They will do a wonderful job and give you the piece of mind that your wedding day will be incredible. Please retain their services with confidence, that you are using one of the best floral design teams around. Five Stars!

Sent on 09/28/2016

Courtney · Married on 06/18/2016

We were married at the Roundhouse in June, and can't speak highly enough about Katie and Michael's amazing work. The floral design exceeded my expectations and really helped personalize and warm up a relatively sparse space. Their eye for color and design is incredible, and I am sure that they can make anyone's floral design visions come to life. They were also very responsive and helpful on the day of the wedding--I asked for them to change some of the flowers in a hairpiece they made for me, and they were really accommodating, made the changes right away, and got it back to me quickly! They also stuck around for the ceremony to freshen my bouquet and put the petals in the aisle so they were fresh for the ceremony. Little details like that are things that you don't want to be worrying about the day of the wedding, and they have you covered! Dark + Diamond is a vendor you can completely leave your trust in, which is huge when you have so much to juggle. Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/23/2016

marissa · Married on 06/04/2016

this husband and wife team work really well together. they are detailed and thorough in the consultation and get you an inspiration board and quote very quickly. the sample day, if desired, doesn't come included in price however it was definitely worth the extra expense as they made everything come to life in the most beautiful way. dark + diamond are very talented artists and florists. for two people they made 17 of our tables with 3-5 arrangements EACH. lots of work in addition to church, bridal party, and cocktail hour flowers. I was so happy to support a local small business and highly recommend them. thank you Katie and Mike!

Sent on 06/23/2016

Jennifer · Married on 06/04/2016

We were married at the Roundhouse earlier this month (Aug 2016) and I am STILL dreaming about my flowers from Dark & Diamond. Katie and Michael are true artists. Our photographer said they were the most beautiful flowers she's ever seen and she shoots a lot weddings! They are wonderful listeners and also offered their own input and thoughts - which I greatly appreciated because their style is impeccable. I felt so at ease knowing I picked a florist I could trust. I would absolutely recommend them.

Sent on 08/13/2016

Leigh · Married on 05/22/2016

Katie and Michael are so creative, talented, and collaborative! I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 06/22/2016

I couldn't be happier with how our flowers turned out for our wedding. Not to say I am surprised! From the moment we met them, we were immediately put at ease. We didn't have any idea of what we wanted our vision to be, and they helped guide us by discussing our personal styles, visions, and budget. They were incredibly responsive when it came to altering things for our budget, and were easy to work with when we needed to change things somewhat last minute.
    I am so grateful to them for everything that they did- the flowers were absolutely beautiful, the centerpieces were unique and special, and the colors were so vibrant. I could't recommend them enough!

Sent on 05/22/2016

S · Married on 04/23/2016

From our first meeting, we knew we could trust Katie and Michael to design and deliver something that truly responded to our vision for our wedding. They were responsive to our questions and were so creative with the little direction we gave them. Many of our guests commented on how unique and beautiful the tables were and how the arrangements really captured us as a couple. Dark+Diamond really made our planning experience more enjoyable!

Sent on 04/28/2016

c · Married on 10/18/2015

There are no words to express our gratitude for what Katie & Michael created for our us. They executed the perfect environment for our wedding and nailed every single element we talked about! They made our floral dreams a reality. Their talent is undeniable and truly exceptional...these two are true artists. Katie & Michael were a pleasure to work with and were very flexible. We really appreciated that they took the initiative to price out several different options for us that were more budget friendly. In addition, we asked Katie for other vendor recommendations for our wedding and she was so, so helpful! Katie and Michael were more than just our florists! They were a full service operation. We are forever grateful!

Sent on 10/22/2015

Jessica · Married on 10/04/2015

Katie and Michael did amazing work with the flowers for my wedding. The day flew by so fast and I missed so many things and people, but one thing I certainly didn't miss were the amazing flowers. I loved my bouquet, the boutonnieres, the centerpieces....everything. I think I counted 10 different types of flowers in my bouquet. Katie & Michael took my few notes and created such an amazing visual representation.

Sent on 12/03/2015

My husband and I were married at The Thayer Hotel at West Point in October 2015. Dark + Diamond Floral Design created the bridal bouquet, bridesmaids bouquets, boutonnieres, corsages, ceremony flowers, and centerpieces. They were absolutely beautiful arrangements!! Katie and Michael were so helpful throughout the entire planning process and they perfectly reflected the romantic and elegant style we envisioned for our special day.

We received SO many compliments from both our guests and the staff at our venue! Our wedding coordinator took their business card for her own wedding she loved them so much. We also had one of the workers tell us that she has worked weddings for the past 10 years and has never seen such gorgeous flowers. We could not have been happier! Thank you Dark + Diamond!

Sent on 10/18/2015

Katie and Michael were such a pleasure to work with-- they really helped us develop our vision for florals, and how they would fit in with our decor. They took our ideas and made them even more beautiful than we imagined. We had a last minute change of plans with the table layout, and they were able to totally change the floral plan to accommodate.

Everything about our florals was gorgeous-- they helped make our day so beautiful. I would recommend Katie and Michael without hesitation!

Sent on 01/06/2016

Lauren · Married on 09/26/2015

We are absolutely over the moon about our experience with Katie and Michael. From our very first meeting they were so excited and eager to make our vision a reality. We felt like it was a true collaboration to work with them, as they both listened to our ideas and gave us their own input. They both surpassed our expectations and truly defined the aesthetic of our wedding. What they created for us was absolutely breathtaking- each arrangement was a unique work of art. We constantly found ourselves smiling in awe at the bouquets, centerpieces, and other works throughout the night. Our guests were fighting to take home centerpieces at the end of the night. It was such a joy to work with these two, and we hope we can find some reason to work with them again in the future!

Sent on 11/11/2015

Seth · Married on 09/19/2015

Katie and Michael were a delight to work with! My husband and I had a September wedding at Glynwood in Cold Spring, New York, and we wanted our flowers to evoke a bit of a 1920's elegance while still being a little wild - something like "Art Deco meets the farm" using shades of green and white. Shortly after our first conversation, Katie sent back a proposal with a bunch of images that showed that they completely understood the idea that I described over the phone. The proposal also showed that they were prepared to take the concept to the next level by suggesting types of greenery and flowers that we would never have considered on our own (or had even seen before!). Throughout the whole process, they were quick to respond and were also very flexible when we had to make some changes, like adding groomsmen's boutonnieres or a last minute addition of an extra table. But here's where they really came through: in our first conversation, I mentioned that ranunculus was my favorite flower, but knowing that it's out of season in September, I asked if they could just include flowers that have a similar shape. We were prepared to see a replacement, but you can imagine my delight and surprise on the wedding day when I saw all of the arrangements include some of the nicest, white ranunculus I have ever seen, including the buds in our boutonnieres. Katie and Michael are true artists and we are so glad that we got to include their work in our wedding.

Sent on 04/04/2016

Dark and Diamond provided the flowers for my wedding in Glynwood Farm in August. The owners, Katie and Michael, are so talented and wonderful to work with. They were very professional, flexible and also perceptive about our preferences and style. They did centerpieces, bridal bouquets, and designed a stunning floral arch for our ceremony. The bouquets and centerpieces were the most beautiful flower arrangements I have ever seen. They incorporated local flowers, herbs, and wild flowers so that the flowers blended perfectly with the farm surroundings. The flowers were so delicate and natural looking, even though a lot of thought and attention went into the arrangement. They made our wedding magical! We received so many complements on the bouquets and centerpieces, one of my bridesmaids said it was the prettiest bouquet she had ever seen. I would highly recommend this vendor!

Sent on 08/17/2015

Salil · Married on 05/30/2015

We are forever grateful to have found the amazing talents of Katie and Michael!. Simply put, they created a warm and beautiful room that our family and friends are still talking about.

From our very first meeting, they were kind and thoughtful about the design process and always willing to answer our thousands of questions on flowers, styles and costs. Their attention to detail and communication made the entire process a pleasure.

As they say, the proof is in the pudding and on the day of our wedding they went above and beyond! They were there early setting up and taking great care on every last detail. They even , as they had some additional flower, they added some wonderful features that we never discussed. The colors, designs and overall craftsmanship was stunning.

We cannot say enough nice things about their work and about them as amazing people!!

Sent on 02/23/2016

Vicki · Married on 05/24/2015

Katie & Michael of Dark + Diamond Floral are incredibly talented floral designers and artists and a complete joy to work with. They did the flowers for my daughters wedding at the beautiful Roundhouse in Beacon Falls in May 2015 and were amazing to work with and created the most magnificent floral creations. We loved collaborating with them and they came up with great proposals and we really trusted their vision. Because of their artistry, the arrangements and bouquets were above and beyond with a keen eye to color, texture and the use of unique vessels and décor materials. Planning the flowers was absolutely our favorite part of wedding planning and Katie & Michael made it even better. Beyond the wedding, they also did the flowers for my daughters bridal shower in a beautiful palette of peach and soft green and really nailed it. Katie also decorated the wedding cake with a cascade of fresh flowers down the tiers and provided several beautiful flower crowns for the flower girls which was a real treat considering Katie's other passion as a milliner. Their pricing is very fair- come to them with your budget and they will make it work. I absolutely recommend Dark + Diamond for any floral work and I can't wait to use them again!!

Sent on 07/30/2015

Bari · Married on 05/24/2015

Katie and Michael of the Dark + Diamond Floral Design team are insanely amazing. First, you will meet them and you immediately want to become their best friends. As people and florists, they are a perfect combination of cool, artistic, engaged, easy going, thoughtful, and special. At my first meeting I really appreciated how Katie was very much locked in on me (the bride) and what I wanted, among the other conversations and thoughts in the room from others. She was super responsive and also collaborative on phone and emails when it came to the flower palette, vessels and details for the arrangements and bridal party flowers. She even made us a flower cheat sheet so we could see how everything fit together! They definitely took the time and attention to make sure we were happy with their vision. My mom and I absolutely LOVED collaborating with them. We are creative people ourselves, so it was like the wedding flowers were a fun project we all worked on together. I’m sure if you don’t want to be that involved, Katie & Michael will totally handle it and you will be happy, but working with them was easily our favorite and most fun part of the wedding planning process, and I think it was visible in the flowers. Our wedding flowers were, like Dark + Diamond, insanely amazing! The most beautiful flower arrangements I have ever seen! They were stunning and unique, and made my day extra special. Friends, family, and the venue were gushing over how beautiful they were! You will be very happy working with dark + diamond. Thanks Katie & Michael! Can’t wait to work with you again!

Sent on 07/31/2015

Sarah did a beautiful job with our flowers. She took all the pictures and ideas we talked about and incorporated everything perfectly. She was respectful of our budget and responsive to all questions along the way. We were so pleased with every aspect of the flowers and received so many compliments on them all night. Thank you Sarah for providing us with great service and beautiful flowers!

Sent on 10/29/2014

Victoria · Married on 09/27/2014

Sarah at Engaging Floral Design is an amazing designer and a pleasure to work with. Our vision for the wedding decor was rustic and romantic. Our wedding was at the Overlook Lodge at Bear Mountain, it is literally nestled in the mountains under a canopy of trees, and took place just as the leaves started changing color in late September. I really wanted to capture the hints of orange, red, plum leaves yet keep the centerpieces as natural as possible with lots of green, in order to bring the beauty of the surrounding views inside - Sarah did just that. She truly understood the look we were going for, and our budget. Sarah worked with me on the flower selection to keep the cost reasonable, and with my decision to purchase as opposed to rent the pieces we used so all of the guests were able to bring home a little something from the centerpieces. She combined our cross-cut tree slices, birch-bark candles, burlap runners and lanterns with an assortment of flower and succulent arrangements in various sizes to create a tablescape that truly reflected our theme and gave the entire venue the look of a romantic autumn escape in the mountains. The personal flowers, centerpiece arrangements and ceremony flowers all worked together so well, we received tons of compliments. The pictures are truly amazing, I could not have been happier. If I could give higher than 5 stars I would!

Sent on 12/11/2014

Jesse · Married on 06/14/2014

Sarah from Engaging Florals was wonderful to work with! I had very specific requests for florals, and Sarah was very open and honest about the availability of the flowers I wanted and other options that would be just as gorgeous. Sarah listened to my vision and worked within our budget to make the arrangements exactly what we had hoped for! The florals were even more beautiful than I had hoped they would be and Sarah was very flexible and patient with me as I worked with her to make sure she understood what I wanted. Sarah is kind, professional, flexible, honest and creative!

Sent on 07/14/2014

Sarah at Engaging Floral Designs made my wedding dreams come true. I came to her with a pretty loose description of what I envisioned for the reception and ceremony space and what I wanted for my bouquet and the flowers for the bridal party. When I walked into my wedding I was blown away with how perfect the space looked. Sarah met and surpassed my vision for all floral aspects of my wedding. She worked very hard to make sure that I had everything I wanted on my special day. She is very professional and responsive when planning the event. I can't imagine having worked with anyone else! I would highly recommend Sarah for any event.

Sent on 06/14/2014

Katie · Married on 04/12/2014

Katie Burley Patton came highly recommended for floral design. She handled all of the flowers for my wedding (table settings and my bouquet). I don't know much about flowers so during our first consultation she asked me a lot of great questions about my wedding vision and then showed me a variety of pictures of flowers to gauge my taste. As an entrepreneur, she's aware of cost issues and made sure to keep my budget in mind. Based on our meeting and input from others that had worked with her, I fully trusted her and my instinct was right on! I can honestly say that it was one of the best decisions I made to work with Katie. It was the least stressful (actually, no stress) part of planning my wedding. She's a true artist and a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 01/14/2015

Marissa · Married on 11/02/2013

Such BEAUTIFUL flowers. They are exactly what I had in mind and for the amount of flowers I received, it was great value, as well.

Sent on 11/12/2013

Alexandra · Married on 11/01/2013

Sarah Lusardi of Engaging Floral Designs is an absolute dream to work with!! We initially contacted a few floral designers for our Hudson Valley wedding but after speaking with Sarah and seeing her work we immediately booked Engaging Floral Designs for our big day. Sarah has a great eye for beautiful arrangements and was instrumental in translating the vision we described for our rustic, fall wedding into a reality. She is clearly an expert in this field and was able to suggest some great, personal touches from the ceremony all the way through to the reception (we were able to see a sample arrangement she made for us as well which required no changes at all!). The bridesmaids bouquets and the groomsmen boutonnieres were gorgeous and held up well through eight hours of pictures, ceremony and reception activities. Sarah created aisle arrangements for the ceremony that were beautifully displayed in mason jars which just added to the rustic feel of the wedding along with stunning table arrangements in rustic boxes of varying size, all of which she set-up beforehand and then came and picked up anything that remained after the reception!! She was very reliable and truly achieved the exact ambiance we were looking for. If you are looking for a floral designer for your wedding, it would be an absolute mistake not to contact Sarah - we could not have been happier with the outcome!! Absolutely perfect all around.

Sent on 12/01/2013