Dara Blakeley Photography Reviews

19 | Cary, NC

19 Reviews for Dara Blakeley Photography

Dara Blakeley is amazing! We had her do our engagement sessions, one in our traditional clothing and one in our Indian clothing, then she photographed our wedding and instead of doing a bridal portrait I had her do a bride and groom photoshoot after our wedding so I wouldn't have to worry with making sure to get great shots of bride and groom during the wedding (even though she still managed to get those amazing shots with all that was going on). Dara has so much energy it's infectious and that's a great quality to have when you're trying to get great shots of a bridal party and of a couple that isn't used to all the camera attention. Dara was very resourceful as well, she had great pose ideas and she knew of unique places to take the pictures at during the engagement sessions. If you're lucky enough to book Dara for your special event, you won't be disappointed. We're already excited about the next event we get to hire her for.

Sent on 12/09/2014

Lauren · Married on 06/07/2014

No words could describe how amazing Dara and her assistant Kathy are. We did both our engagement pictures and our wedding pictures with Dara. While we haven't seen our wedding pictures yet, our engagement pictures were AMAZING. She has such a knack for making you feel relaxed and happy so that you take the best photos possible.

At our wedding, we fell a little behind schedule, and Dara remained really calm and was able to take all of the pictures that we wanted. She is such a joy to work with. If you haven't booked a photographer yet, book Dara right now! She is worth every penny and more.

You can tell by looking at her portfolio that couples tend to hire her for engagement, wedding, and then baby portraits because she is that good. If we are still in the Raleigh area when we have our first child, we will definitely be doing baby portraits with Dara!

Sent on 07/18/2014

Lauren · Married on 06/07/2014

Update: We got our wedding pictures back, and they are absolutely gorgeous. Dara captured all of the emotions and special moments I could have hoped for. They are are all truly a work of art. Thank you, Dara!

Sent on 07/22/2014

Melanie · Married on 05/03/2014

Dara and her assistant Kathy bonded with my husband and I immediately. She made me feel comfortable to be myself in front of the camera. The pictures she was able to capture on the wedding day were perfect. She captured so many special moments. I could barely believe how many pictures she took just being one person. From the engagement photos to the bridal portraits to the wedding, she was professional and engaged in every moment. One thing I noticed is that I generally don't like pictures of myself - I am not very photogenic. The pictures that Dara took captured my best angles and looked so natural. I was really happy with her.

Sent on 12/10/2014

Lindsay · Married on 11/09/2013

Dara was absolutely INCREDIBLE to work with. She has this energy about her that is so joyful and contagious. My husband and I knew from the moment we sat down with her at our initial consultation that she were going to be our wedding photographer. We knew going in to the consultation that she was a fabulous photographer and she is fabulous. Looking through her wedding albums, we loved every photograph she showed us. Her work is amazing and we are so glad to have had the chance to work with her for OUR very special day. Every interaction with her was so natural and FUN...it was like talking with a friend. We loved that she was a part of our wedding celebrations and we loved that on our wedding day she celebrated with us...celebrated in our happiness and love, with us. We know our wedding photographs are going to be stunning and can't wait to see them. It was perfect working with her. We look forward to working with her again as we go through different milestones in our life together. Anytime we hear anyone looking for a photographer, we will always be recommending her for photography services!!!!

Sent on 11/19/2013

Dara is one of the best photographers around for many reasons! She recently photographed our wedding in Chapel Hill and we could not have been more pleased. In addition to her fantastic personality and sense of humor, she is very talented, and made us feel relaxed so we could enjoy every moment. Our wedding party and guests just raved on and on about her! She genuinely cares, and truly wants the best wedding possible for the couples she photographs. There is not enough room here to list all of her kindnesses and contributions to the enjoyment of our wedding and reception, but please know she is about perfect to us!

Sent on 08/02/2012

Ashley · Married on 04/28/2012

Dara, and her assistant Cathy were an absolute joy to work with! Dara's positive personality is a MUST when planning a wedding. She is laid back when having "quiet time" is very important, but then energetic because I truly believe she cares and is happy for her clients and their families. I wouldn't even consider Dara just our photographer anymore, she is a dear friend and I couldn't imagine anyone else taking my bridal portraits, or being there on our wedding day. Now as far as the pictures, all you need to do is check out her website and you will see just how fabulous, unique, and just her attention to details MAKE such wonderful photos! She has a natural talent with taking beautiful pictures, and working with her clients. Our photo albums were spectacular, the actual portraits Dara framed were phenomenal! I could go on-and-on...just give Dara a call or meet with her once and I'll guarantee she'll capture your heart as she did ours the first time we met her!
    (Thank you Dara for a lifetime of beautiful pictures that my husband and I will cherish forever...and share with our children/grandchildren. Hopefully we will be seeing you in the future for "family" pictures)

Sent on 12/09/2014
  • W

Wendy · Married on 07/30/2011

Dara and Kathy are fantastic! They are highly professional but also so much fun. Based on the gorgeous pre-wedding portrait session photos, we know that Dara's wedding photos will be treasured forever!

Sent on 08/03/2011

Sarah · Married on 08/21/2010

Dara and her team were wonderful to work with! I had no concerns that her work would come out gorgeous. Now the only problem is deciding which photo's to blow up since they all came out so beautiful. She really caught the joy of the day and captured all the special moments without trying. I just wish I could attach some pictures to this review so that you all could see what wonderful work she does...I guess you'll just have to go to her website for that!
    I absolutely plan on working with Dara again when my husband and I get pregnant and for our newborn shots.

Sent on 11/17/2010

Amy · Married on 05/15/2010

My husband and I were so comfortable with Dara and Kathy (her assistant) that by our wedding day they probably would have been invited if they hadn't been there to photograph! Dara's pictures are absolutely one of a kind - she has such an eye for detail, color contrast and movement. We could not have asked for better memories captured on film or a better team to work with on such an important day.

Sent on 12/31/2010

Caroline · Married on 09/26/2009

Dara and Kathy were an amazing team! I HIGHLY recommend them to anyone who is looking for a professional that can also have some fun. Dara captured every moment of my wedding and looking through the pictures brought tears to my eyes. She really did an outstanding job and I look forward to working with her in the future!!!

• W

Sheri · Married on 06/26/2009

Finding the right Photographer was one of the most important apects of our wedding. There is really no other way to re-live that special day, than through photos. Dara Blakeley was absolutelty the best Photographer I could have ever asked for. She really takes her time getting to know exactly what your vision is for your pictures. As a true artist, she captures images that you never would have imagined. With such a keen eye and attention to detail, you can not go wrong by hiring Dara!!

Sent on 02/03/2010

Kara · Married on 09/27/2008

Dara was very personalble, professional, and talented. She listened to what my husband and I wanted to accomplish with our pictures and what type of shots we wanted to have from our special day. She was on time and delivered amazing prints-majority black and white. We loved her and her assistant Kathy. I will only use Dara moving forward!

Sent on 01/25/2010

Elizabeth · Married on 06/14/2008

Dara is wonderful and was a pleasure to do business with. She photographed my daughter's wedding and the pictures are fabulous. We still love to look at them.

Sent on 02/10/2010

amy · Married on 02/16/2008

Dara was absolutely wonderful to work with during my bridal portraits and wedding!! She was incredibly unique and amazingly talented! Dara made me feel so comfortable during the whole process and I could completely relax knowing she was capturing every single special moment during our wedding. I also have friends who have worked with Dara and she simply is the best!

Sent on 02/24/2010

Sarah · Married on 07/20/2007

Dara is a wonderful photographer with a great eye. She photographed my wedding, and she made pregnancy portraits in her studio and photographed my newborn baby. She offers unique products of the highest quality. I highly recommend Dara.

Molly · Married on 06/17/2006

Dara is an amazing photographer, and we absolutely love her work. She's the best!

jan · Married on 11/01/2003

From the moment I met Dara almost 7 years ago, I knew she was the photographer for me. She has always been so much fun, and her work is incredible! I have continued my relationship with Dara since the wedding. She now photographs my daughter at least twice a year. Her photos are truly a work of art that I will treasure for a lifetime!

Kelley · Married on 11/22/2014

3.5

Dara is an amazing photographer who is interested in capturing YOUR style rather than HER style. She is easy to work with, super-friendly and made me feel my wedding was the most important one she photographed all year. She provides excellent quality finished products that showcase her work to the fullest.

Sent on 01/21/2010