daphne latham Reviews

daphne latham 3
daphne latham 4
  • Emily

Emily Izakowitz · Married on 03/09/2019

I could not have been happier with my wedding hair and makeup!

Simply put, Daphne is BRILLIANT. I got ready at the Omni with my wedding party before heading out to our venue, and Daphne really knocked it out of the park with everyone's wedding hair and makeup. She is calm, professional, and most importantly incredibly gifted. If you're a bride pressed for time, Daphne is also very fast at providing her services without compromising on quality. I wish I could do it all over again with Daphne!!!

Sent on 03/14/2019
    daphne latham 5

daphne latham's reply:

Thank you Emily !! What an amazing and thoughtful review. I love the whole time with you all. I'd do it all again too.

Colleen · Married on 04/14/2018

Daphne has such an incredible gift. She appreciates the spoken and unspoken desires of her clients, and she realizes their diverse expectations in an unique, timeless, and absolutely beautiful fashion. My bridesmaids, mother-in-law, and I were fortunate enough to work with Daphne for both our hair and make-up on my wedding day. She made me feel and look so lovely and yet, when I looked in the mirror, it was still me, which was exactly what I wanted. She was incredibly efficient, professional, calming, flexible, and skillfully artistic - exactly who you want around you the day you get married. Thank you, Daphne!

daphne latham 6
    daphne latham 7
    daphne latham 8

Barb · Married on 09/06/2014

Daphne did hair and make up for my daughter's wedding and I can not say thank you enough for making us all look so beautiful. I've never felt so good in make up or loved my hair more! Both hair and make up were weightless and I never had to touch them up, even though it was very hot and humid. She was so patient, helpful with last minute details and a very calming force.

julia · Married on 05/10/2014

I am pretty much obsessed with Daphne - she was wonderful at the hair and make-up and fun to be around!! She did all of the hair and make-up for all five in my bridal party (including me) and based it all off of photos day-of, she was calm and easy going and able to do whatever we asked for from a picture. Very flexible. Very cool!!!

• Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 06/08/2013

Daphne did my hair and makeup for my wedding, as well as hair for my mother and five bridesmaids. She arrived to the venue on time and got right to work. She did a phenomenal job and I have never felt or looked more beautiful! I had many people approach me that day and tell me how lovely my makeup was. Daphne was very kind and professional throughout the entire process and was a pleasure to work with. Her prices are reasonable for the high quality of her work. I highly recommend her to any bride.

Mary · Married on 01/12/2013

Daphne is amazing! I LOVED how she styled my hair. She is extremely talented in her profession. Daphne was able to look at a few pictures I brought as examples and bring them to life - with no fuss. Daphne offers suggestions, ideas and brings her many years of event styling experience to your sessions with her. After my trial session, she even went out and purchased lashes that would be better for my eyes! On my wedding day I felt like a true star - hair and make-up styling to make me beautiful. I had no hair and make-up anxiety knowing that Daphne would be on-site with me on my wedding day. Thank you so very much, Daphne.

Angela · Married on 11/10/2012

Daphne was wonderful; she was calm, professional, flexible, and came up with some good suggestions for how to do my hair on our wedding day.

The day of, she arrived to my house on time and was prepared with all of the equipment and supplies needed to do my hair, 5 bridesmaids hair, and the hair of my mother-in-law. She did a great job on all of us--nobody was unhappy with the way their hair turned out. She asked for feedback to make sure we were all happy with the way it looked and made minor adjustments to perfect the look for each of us.

Beyond her skill as a hair dresser, she was also just pleasant to be around--a lovely person.

I would recommend her to anyone getting married. It's also so much easier to have hair and make-up done at your home so you don't have to run around on your wedding day! Things were calm and organized which made it easier for me to get ready and enjoy myself while preparing to get married.

Anyway, again, Daphne was great and I would highly recommend her.

Kelly · Married on 09/22/2012

Daphne did a great job with my hair and makeup (as well as that of my mother and maiden of honor) on the day of the wedding. She arrived punctually with all of her supplies and got right to work. She went above and beyond hair and makeup by also helping me with my dress (tying the corset, etc.). My hair was just as I hoped it would be, and my makeup looked natural and not overdone. I highly recommend her services!

• Shannon

Shannon · Married on 05/26/2012

Daphne is wonderful. She was super friendly and completely catered to what I wanted. I felt completely comfortable asking her to tweak something here and there and she was more than happy to. I also loved the way she was able to take a picture and replicate what I want. The make up was light and fresh while still highlighting my best features. I really enjoyed working with her!

Marylyle · Married on 10/04/2009

Daphne was wonderful to work with. She was willing to come to my parent's home for both the trial and before the wedding. She was also willing to work on a Sunday, which was surprisingly hard to find. Her prices were extremely reasonable and I appreciated that she did not charge the same price for the trial and for the wedding day. Most importantly, her work was fantastic. She made me look and feel beautiful, both my hair and make up were elegant and natural looking. No crunchy hair or tons of eyeshadow! Two thumbs up!

Kathleen · Married on 09/06/2014

I would say that my hair and make-up were the things that I was initially very anxious about in preparing for my wedding, but Daphne really came through. She was such a strong support for me on the day of my wedding, and was able to complete my hair and make-up, as well as hair and/or make-up for my other five bridesmaids, my mother, and flower girl with plenty of time to spare for pictures. I did not have a wedding planner (which I do recommend), so the staff at the venue kept coming to me and asking me questions. Daphne on the other hand kept me calm and really went above and beyond. She stayed after some initial portraits were taken to do touch ups before the ceremony started, helped me into my wedding shoes, and held our flowers when we were doing some of the pictures. It was also the hottest day of the year (I thought September would be cool - I was wrong), but my hair and make-up lasted through the day. I also want to note that my mother looked absolutely beautiful and I could not get over how great her hair and make-up looked. I highly recommend Daphne and would go to her again if I ever need services in the central VA area.

Sara · Married on 03/31/2012

Daphne was GREAT! She was so calm on the day of our wedding and straightened 4 bridesmaids hair and my Mom's, along with fixing an updo for me. The value was unbelievable!!!! Daphne came to our hotel room with her supplies and made everything a BREEZE!

Jenna · Married on 09/26/2014

Daphne was amazing on my wedding day! She arrived on time, was so pleasant and calm, and got through my hair/makeup and 5 bridesmaids plus a MOG in no time. She worked efficiently and made everyone look absolutely beautiful. I would highly recommend her to any bride-to-be!

Daphne did an incredible job doing the hair of myself, my 5 bridesmaids, and my mother on the day of my wedding. She was flexible trying to meet all my requests, and even making suggestions for some of my more indecisive bridesmaids. I was nervous without her having an assistant or requiring more hours to get us all done, but it worked out perfectly. She was so friendly, we loved having her there with us as we got ready. The only issue is that sometimes it was difficult contacting her leading up to the event, but she was ultimately very dependable. She is a very talented hair stylist.

Abbey · Married on 12/07/2013

Daphne was amazing! On my wedding day we wanted to get ready at my venue and Daphne was more than happy to oblige - she showed up the morning of, got set up, and got to work! She did hair and makeup for myself, several of my bridesmaids, my mother, mother-in-law, and even helped my 3-year-old niece get ready for the day by curling her hair. She is professional, but also helped keep the day light and fun. The most impressive part of Daphne's work is her efficiency - she does very quick work without sacrificing any quality. One of my bridesmaids didn't think her hair turned out the way she had envisioned, so Daphne quickly took it down and was able to redo it in record time. I'd highly recommend Daphne for any bride who wants quality work at a great price point.

Katy · Married on 05/11/2012

I needed someone to come on site for both hair and makeup on my wedding day and Daphne provides this service. I had a hair and makeup trial with her several months before my wedding and I was pleased with what she did. On my wedding day, she came to the hotel and did my bridesmaids' hair and then she traveled to the venue and did my hair and makeup, plus my mom's and mother in law's. She charges a fair rate and she does good work. It is so helpful to find one person who can apply makeup and fix your hair in one sitting. I loved my hair and makeup on my wedding. Daphne did a great job and listened to exactly what I wanted. She also did a good job on the bridesmaids' hair. I would recommend Daphne to anyone getting married in the Charlottesville area who would like a hair/makeup artist to come on site. She is talented and professional!

Melanie · Married on 04/30/2011

Daphne did an excellent job for my wedding. We did a hair/make-up trial a few months before the wedding, and I was very pleased then. For the wedding, she came on-site, which was a huge help to me. She was very professional, and she did a great job! She was a little late the day of the wedding, but she texted me telling me about it so I wasn't worried. She had enough time though, so everything worked out!

Sent on 05/10/2011

daphne latham's reply:

I texted thinking that I would be late. I would not have been late, had I known that I was going to a house off the site if the venue. I went to the venue first, only to find that the bride and bridal party were done the road from the actual venue. I pride myself on being on time or early.
    Thanks for the review !!

Janet · Married on 05/14/2010

3.5

Daphne did my hair and makeup for my daughter's wedding in April. She did a great job- I looked like myself but better. She came to the venue which was a great help to us.

• Amanda

Amanda · Married on 09/28/2014

0.8
      0.0

If you don't read this review in its entirety, please heed this advice: get a trial *before booking* any services for your wedding day! She backed out 36 days before my wedding, when she realized she should have charged more for my hair & bridesmaids hair, which I completely understand because they are more complicated. However, I wasn't even given a chance to accept the cost increase, she simply stated how much everything should be then said she'd refund my deposit and recommended that I buy wigs. i told her early on what I wanted and I was led to believe she had experience with the styles we were interested in, so I thought she knew what was involved. The trial hair did not turn out the way we thought it would but she offered to give me another trial but backed out the night before. The trial makeup did not turn out the way I asked either. Being nearsighted, I didn't get a good look until I got out to my car. I was not asked before changes were made.
    I was willing to work with her to help any way I could. I offered suggestions for changes when certain things didn't work out, but she seemed unwilling to try to make this work. I brought my fiancé by (who was also supposed to get his hair done on our wedding day) so she could see his hair and somehow this supposedly turned into us asking for an assessment of his hair and was "too much", even though she ASKED to see what his hair looks like!!!
    She put my belongings outside the back door for me to pick up, without my consent, after the salon closed, where anyone could steal them! I did eventually get my deposit back but it took weeks.
    She makes promises she cannot keep & communication is bad. Her response time was slow in the beginning, and that should have been a red flag for me.
    I found an excellent stylist the day after Daphne backed out and couldn't be happier with how everyone's hair turned out for the wedding!!!

Ashley · Married on 09/06/2015

0.6
      1.0
      0.0

I am sorry to say that I was really disappointed in the service I received from Daphne Latham. I live in NYC and was planning my wedding in Virginia, so I had no choice other than to book someone for hair and makeup based on online reviews and the recommendation from my venue. I am writing this review because I believe it is important to share my experience knowing how many brides book vendors they don’t know based other’s feedback. If you decide to hire Daphne, my first word of advice is to have her agree to pricing in writing. I exchanged multiple emails with her prior to signing a contract and in her first communication she stated a trial was $110 and bridesmaid hair would be $75. When I went in for the trial, she charged me $125 and then I saw a sign on the wall in her salon that showed event hair started at $65. She is very quick with updo’s to the point that you don’t really feel like you are getting what you paid for. She did my hair and 7 bridesmaids by herself in less than 3 hours. My biggest mistakes were signing a contract before the trial and not asking what brands of makeup she uses. If you wear makeup on a daily basis, you will want to ask this question as I was very surprised by her answer. I’ve had airbrush makeup done in the past for other weddings and it looked great, but it looked splotchy and uneven when she applied it. Overall, I was unhappy with the makeup at the trial and was lucky enough to find another makeup artist to come and do my makeup on my wedding day. I knew I was already committed to at least 8 services with Daphne for hair, so I didn’t expect an issue until my wedding day when she made me pay $100 for makeup application that she didn’t even do!! I paid it to avoid a confrontation, however I do think it’s absurd to charge someone for a service they didn’t receive based on the fact that I had agreed to it prior to the trial. I did not find her to be personable or have a genuine interest in making sure I was happy.

Sent on 10/12/2015

daphne latham's reply:

I am so sorry to hear that you were so unhappy Ashley. I wish you had verbalized ANY of this to me in person.
    You are incorrect as to you pricing issues. The event hair sign you saw in the salon refers to "event" hair. It "starts" at 65.00 for a basic hairstyle.
    I spent a very long time with you at the trial and you didn't say anything about the price or any issues with being unhappy.
    I waited for you the day before your wedding for an hour because you wanted change your style. You didn't let me know until after the appt was time was almost over. I didn't charge you for that time.
    it states in the contract that you can not subtract services after the contract is signed. That is why you were charged for it. I spent a lot of time with you trying to make you happy while changing your hair style, hours before you wedding.
    I have done over 700 weddings. I am efficient, that is why I am fast.
    I wish you had talked about any of your issues with me before that day, as I would have been happy do whatever it took to make you happy on your wedding day. I also didn't charge you a travel fee, as you asked me not to, so that you could save money. Ibelieve this review is completely unfair.