d'Anelli Bridal, Special Occasion, and Prom Reviews

d'Anelli Bridal, Special Occasion, and Prom 7

Stephanie · Married on 08/15/2008

3.4
      3.0

In my opinion the best selection of dresses in the Denver Metro area. I always found my consultants to be friendly and pleasant. They also have a great selection of MOB and bridesmaids dresses.

Sent on 12/19/2008

Valerie · Married on 05/26/2008

3.2
      2.0

I absolutely loved my wedding dress. d'Anelli Bridal had a wonderful staff who were very helpful as I tried on multiple dresses. The staff didn't stand out for their service, but was very comparable to other boutiques I had visited in the dress hunting process. The only problem I have with this vendor was I paid extra to "rush" my dress order. They promised me it would arrive in early March. In March I called to check on the status of my dress and was informed it would be arriving in early April. I was very surprised and asked if that was something that had changed since my purchase. However, they said it was always scheduled to be delivered in April (despite the fact that I had paperwork from the day of the purchase saying otherwise). I didn't make a big deal of it- mostly, because my wedding wasn't until May so I still had plenty of time for alterations despite the dress arriving in April. I would recommend that future brides who are cutting delivery close to your wedding date check and double check when your dress will arrive!

Sent on 08/28/2008

Lauren · Married on 08/11/2006

3.2
      2.0

It was very interesting working with the staff at D'Anelli. I found that the worker who personally helped me find a dress was really great. She was honest, helpful and professional and she made great suggestions. However, the manager or owner of the store was very unprofessional and rude to the staff member that was helping me. She reprimanded her (right in front of me!) for not getting to me right away, but little did she know this girl was still helping another shopper and had already checked in with me. I told her I could wait a few minutes and that it was not a big deal, but the manager made it a much bigger deal than she should have and I believe she handled it completely wrong.

As far as the value I received for the price, my dress was very reasonably priced, but with all the "necessary" fittings and alterations, my costs went way up, making the total for my dress TWICE what it originally cost.

Sent on 04/04/2007

3.0

I purchased my dress from D'Anelli Bridal and was very pleased with the selection the store had. I was not impressed with the contracts involved - no returns on any dress, even before any alterations were made, for any reason at all. Additionally, (and I should note this was not something I required), many of the dresses were "not available for rush shipping." My dress arrived and was over a half a foot too short, and sure enough, they ordered a dress and it arrived the next day! (This one was ordered too big.) The ensuing few weeks was a bit stressful, but the store eventually remedied the situation. I found my consultant to be a really sweet girl throughout the entire process and the manager was a bit brash, but she did fix the situation, so I can't complain. I also purchased jewelry from the store during a trunk show, which I later found out was so absurdly expensive in comparison to other non-bridal store options that I almost cried. I could have spent less than 10% of what I spent and used the money to pay other vendors! Unfortuntely, the trunk show gives you a 10% off your purchase on the day they are there, so I made a rash decision and wasted hundreds of dollars because of it. I do (did) really love the jewelry, and received many compliments on the earrings in particular, I just didnt really have the cash to spend on it that I did :-( All in all, I think I would recommend shopping here for your wedding gown based on the selection alone, but don't make it your only stop. I would not purcahse my jewelry from here if I could do it again.

Sent on 10/01/2014

Melissa · Married on 10/16/2010

3.0

The sales women were snooty and anxiously awaiting their next sale once you were nearing your final decision. The dress I chose was very pretty and I loved it, but I definitely didn't leave with a feeling of a great experience that so many brides talk about... I'd choose somewhere else if I had to do it all over again.

Their seamstress though is quite wonderful!

Sent on 12/22/2011

2.8
      3.5
      0.5

Did not like the staff, nor my "consultant". She even had the nerve to say, hopefully you will get married only once..... really?! to me it was a expensive version of davids bridal.

Sent on 11/15/2013

Hillary · Married on 02/27/2010

2.8
      2.0

d'Anelli certainly has the best selection of dresses in the Denver Metro Area so if you're looking to find either your wedding dress or bridesmaids dresses, this is the place to start looking.

However, I would definitely not recommend buying your dress here. All of my bridesmaids bought their dresses here and after being measured, they were told sizes that they all thought sounded too large. d'Anelli's told them that the sizes run really small in bridal wear and if they wanted to take a different size than what was recommended, they had to sign a waiver. All of the girls (who were measured on separate occasions) felt pressured to accept the size they had recommended and when the dresses were delivered they were all way too large. Every dress had major alterations that needed to be done to the length, the bust, hips and waist areas. Weirdly the girls had tried on samples at the shop that seemed to fit quite well so I'm not sure why there was such a discrepancy from the size d'anelli's recommended.

Fortunately we opted to have a family friend do the alterations to save some money (as d'Anelli's is very expensive at alterations) but even our seamstress was pretty confused about how to remove so much fabric and how the shop could be so far off on so many dresses. Personally I got the impression that they purposely make you order the wrong size to make money on alterations so just be wary. If it sounds too big, don't be afraid to disagree with them.

Sent on 03/16/2010

Julie · Married on 06/13/2009

2.6
      2.0

Certainly not the friendliest wedding gown store in the area. In fact, I dreaded every time I had to go back there. The staff is extremely stand-offish and not very helpful at all. But I did end up buying my dress from them because they carry a very large selection of higher quality gowns. I bought my dress for $800, but it's important to note that alterations can be extremely expensive! Even when the dress fits just about perfect when it first arrives.

Sent on 06/30/2009

Kristi · Married on 05/01/2010

1.8
      1.0

I purchased a sample dress during D'Anelli's sample sale last August. I understand it was a hectic day in the shop, but my appt started 15 min late and I was totally rushed at the end. The consultant did not tell me my appt would only be 30 minutes, I was expecting an hour like my previous appt. I found 2 dresses I really loved and was trying to decide. Instead of warning me my time was almost up, the consultant kept bringing me veils and headpieces to try on even though I told her I didn't plan to wear a veil. I had to make a very rushed decision about the dress on the spot.

My alterations were a nightmare. I had 4 fittings for minor alterations and the seamstress was very unprofessional. I went alone because my family and friends all live out of state. I was rushed out in less than 25 minutes at each fitting. The seamstress had my neckline alteration crooked every single time. She took the bust in too much, I had arm and back skin hanging over. When I expressed concern, she tried to convince me it was normal. I left but later called to request it be let back out a little.

When I picked my dress up 3 days before the wedding I was concerned the neckline was still uneven. It seemed okay so I took the dress home. When I got my wedding photos back I noticed that in every picture where my arms were up or out, the neckline was extremely uneven. In the final 3 fitting it was never properly altered. I'm so sad that I can't order some of my favorite photos because my dress is so obviously flawed. It was the only thing wrong with our wedding day.

D'Anelli's has a fantastic selection of gowns, and I'm sure other consultants provide better service. I just want to warn any other brides against using Leann for the alterations, my dress looked better before she ever touched it.

Sent on 06/21/2010

Scott · Married on 05/17/2011

1.6
      2.0

I recently rented a tuxedo from them (Bella Donna & Black Tie - the adjoining store) for my destination wedding overseas (Santorini, Greece). Overall, I am quite disappointed with my experience of doing business with this store. Specifically:

1.) The lady who initially waited on me rushed through the process and ordered the wrong color for the tie/vest/pocket square combination. Fortunately, I trusted my instincts to double-check my order prior to delivery and was able to get the right color ordered.

2.) My order also called for an ivory shirt (to match my bride's dress). What I received was white; in spite of what the lady performing the dress alterations insisted. When I asked for the correct color, I was informed that that there was no way they could get it to me before leaving town (the warehouse they get their tuxedos from is in Pueblo). Fortunately (again), I found Rick at Denver Tuxedo Rental; who actually has tuxedos in his Lakewood store. Furthermore, he was kind enough to let me use his ivory tuxedo shirt for two weeks at NO CHARGE! If I had know about Rick's company ahead of time, I would have not wasted my time or money with Bella Donna & Black Tie.

While the tuxedo rental for a wedding is not as big a deal as the bride's dress, it is still important to the event. If d'Anelli is where you choose to purchase your wedding dress, do your future husband a favor and rent his tuxedo from someone else.

Sent on 06/22/2011

Emily · Married on 10/08/2011

1.2
      1.0

This dress shop made me feel uncomfortable from the moment I walked in and against my better judgment we bought my dress here anyway. The only reason we bought the dress from D'anelli was because they quoted alterations at half the price of their competitor - they estimated that alterations typically run about $250. Since the other dress store I was looking at (which offered the same dress at the same price) estimated about $400 for alterations I chose D'anelli. Needless to say the hem alone cost $280 and after all was said and done I paid $500 in alterations from D'anelli. I was very unhappy with my choice to work with them. I'm only 5'4", so it was clear from the beginning I would need a hem, so quoting all alterations at a price cheaper than the hem alone was ludicrous. If I could do it again I would not buy from this vendor. Save yourself the headache and work with an honest dress vendor.

Sent on 10/25/2011
  • theprincessbride

brandi · Married on 06/28/2008

1.2
      0.5

I absolutley loved my wedding gown and all the tuxes, although all the women who work at the front counter at d'Anelli, are very rude, snooty, and unproffesional. They never say anything nice to you and are always on the phone with there boyfriends. If it wasnt for me loving my gown, I would never reccommend this place because of the people who run it! And also my gown had snags in it which didnt make me happy. The lady that works in the tux department is amazing though very nice and proffesional.

Sent on 06/29/2008

0.0

Let me start by saying I went through the reviews here before going to d'Anelli’s. I am doing a destination wedding and was looking for something beachy . I had just recently had a leg surgery and could not stand or walk so trying on giant heavy bridal gowns was out of the question. I ended up picking a Bill Levkoff in ivory. When I went to pick it up I was not allowed to use the bridal side of the shop with all the dressing rooms and mirrors because “It’s just a bridesmaid dress” I said multiple times it was my wedding dress. Even some of the employees behind the desk said while I was standing there “who would get a bridesmaid dress as their wedding dress” followed by an eye roll. The dress had a 8in snag running up the leg. They ordered me another dress, but only after I refused to sign the release paperwork. I left in tears. I wish I would have read the yelp reviews instead of Wedding Wire. Customer complaints fall on deaf ears in the store.

Sent on 03/14/2013

0.6
      0.5

Living in California and getting married in Colorado was already nerve racking. I was in contact with d"Anelli Bridal to clean and press my wedding dress the week of our wedding since I was flying with my dress. They were great in saying they would work with me since I only had a few days in Colorado with my dress. NOT GREAT in actually performing what they were supposed to. My dress was more wrinkled when I picked it up then when I dropped it off. They did not give me my money back. We got married in Winter Park. They had the nerve to ask the night before my wedding if I wanted to drive back to get it pressed, but yet they before wouldn't have time to press it in just 2 days. It was very expensive to pay for this service and my dress was wrinkled in spots it wasn't even wrinkled when I dropped it off. It was the most stressful part of my wedding. The one thing that went wrong was my dress. And seriously a girl's most "important" part of the day. At the end of the day I married my best friend and that is all that mattered; but no way would I ever reccomend this company to anyone else for pressing. They did not give me my money back nor work with me. Awful Awful experience!!!!!

Sent on 02/12/2013

Sylvia · Married on 05/28/2016

0.5

Filed a POLICE REPORT, and U.S. FEDERAL CHARGES against Colorado Bridal DBA D'Anelli Bridal. Proceeding with legal court filing.

Sent on 09/18/2015

0.5

I would not recommend D’Anelli to any bride! Not only did the consultant take 20 minutes out of my one hour appointment to show me and my bridesmaid, each and every single dress in the store on the racks, including styles and designers I told her I did not want, she also tried to cut my appointment 10 minutes short! I was left to only try on 4 dresses, even though I was told to pull 6 to try on and was under the assumption that the first 6 I pulled were just my first set of try-ons. With the time restraint throughout my try-ons I was overwhelmed and disappointed that I unable to try on the other dresses I wanted to in the store. The consultant was going to end my appointment 10 minutes early to allow for me to change and touchbase with the receptionist, even though I had only tried on 3 dresses at that point and had told her I wanted to try on more. I did not realize there was a whole 10 minutes left (which was enough time for me to try on another dress) my bridesmaid mentioned the time left to the consultant and the consultant responded very rudely but did let me try on one more dress. I left D’Anelli with the intention not to make a second appointment (that was their recommendation since I was unable to try on more than 4 dresses in the 40 minutes) and to instead buy a dress that I liked from another wedding dress shop but that D’Anelli also carried and had a trunk show sale on it, from the other wedding dress shop without the trunk show sale because of my experience at D’Anelli and with the consultant who made me feel like she didn’t care if I found my dress or not.

Sent on 11/02/2014

Juli · Married on 06/18/2011

0.0

I would not recommend this vendor!! I was very disappointed in the professionalism, customer service, immature behavior, honesty of the owner and her staff. Long story short, one of my bridesmaids ordered a size 12 instead of a 10 (of which was recommended by their sizing charts) and she was swimming in it. The original dress she tried on in their store was a size 10 of which fit perfectly. It would have been quite a feat to alter the size 12 dress, so therefore, my bridesmaid was willing to give up her new dress for the used, size 10 in their store. Upon a conversation over the phone with Jaime, it had been decided to swap out the dresses and d'Anelli would pay to have the used dress dry cleaned. (Of which seemed fair to me at the time when she was willing to take the used dress) When my bridesmaid returned to the store to try the 10 on again, the agreement made over the phone had suddenly changed. They were not going to have the dress dry cleaned. She had to take the dress AS IS without any compensation of it being used. After every thing was said and done, we took the size 10, my bridesmaid's mother fixed the defects, and had it cleaned and pressed by Martininzing Cleaners for $20.00. So basically, the store was arguing over $20.00. WOW! Beware when working with this store!!!

Sent on 07/09/2011

Megan · Married on 03/13/2010

0.2
      0.0

d'Anelli Bridal is a horrible place to shop for your big day. They are incredibly rude and inconsiderate. You feel rushed through your appointment as if they have something better to do than help customers about to spend hundreds/thousands of dollars in their shop. They have a minimal selection of bridesmaid dresses. I am a bridesmaid in a wedding for a bride who bought her dress at d'Anelli's as well. When you are fitted for a dress, you are measured by 2 people and they take the larger of the measurements and make a "recommendation" on a dress size for you, they tell you that you are able to request a different size. But in reality that is not the case, I was fitted for a size the designer considers "a larger size" meaning you have to pay $40 extra, so I requested the next size down. They would not allow me to order that size. So I had to pay the "larger size fee". And now I am having to pay another $60 to have 1.5 inches taken in on each side. Making my dress an additional $100.

When the dresses came in, they were ordered in the incorrect length and it was blamed on the bride, when in reality it was the shop's error. The hem is being paid for by the shop, but what a HUGE inconvience for the bride.

I am so thankful this is NOT where I purchased my bridal gown and bridesmaid dresses

Sent on 08/01/2010