19 Reviews for Dancing Deer Farm Weddings

Wireless Internet (3)
Wheelchair Access (2)
Indoor (1)
19 Dancing Deer Farm Weddings Reviews

I got married at Dancing Deer on June 17, 2018 and it was absolutely beyond my expectations, in every way.
I was in contact with Maria for many months prior to the wedding and she always responded to my e-mails within hours (24 at most). It was so reassuring knowing that I could contact her with any questions or concerns and have an answer almost immediately. When we arrived at the property (a couple of nights before the wedding) an ease immediately took over. The property is more than a venue, it's really a sort of sanctuary. My wedding was DIY with a lot of help from friends and family. Maria was super accommodating to any special requests. She (or another awesome, helpful human) was available when needed and also gave us plenty of space to feel that the property was really our own for those few days. We used a party rental service and 'party helpers' and it seems like everyone in the business in the area is familiar with Dancing Deer, which made everything really simple. As for the houses, we had one for friends and one for family. We also had a few campers ( which I cleared with Maria prior to the pitching of the tents) and used all the cabins. EVERYONE was SO happy. My husband and I stayed in the friend house (the Country Haven) which was a perfect walking distance from the Hacienda where we strategically placed both of our families. Both houses have EVERYTHING you need. And our families are major foodies. One of our friends even held a beautiful morning yoga session in the Hacienda yoga room on the day of the wedding. Dancing Deer recognizes the importance of thing like conserving water, recycling, wildlife, family gatherings, etc. It made us feel really good to be able to have such a big celebration and stay aligned with our personal values. I was aglow the entire time we were there. Everyone was aglow, and there was always someone commenting on the unique and special atmosphere. This space and the people behind it are so, so special. I can't say enough.

Profile Picture Melissa, 6/17/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Dancing Deer is a beautiful, yet intimate wedding venue. Maria was wonderful to work with and she allowed us to make the space our own. We recommend this venue to anyone who wants to put their own touch on their wedding day while experiencing a beautiful setting.

Profile Picture Amy, 6/16/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding weekend at Dancing Deer was the most magical weekend of our lives. The site is gorgeous and the accommodations were flawless. Maria was extremely attentive and cooperative and our 50 guests staying on site and 115 at the ceremony raved about the beauty and ease of their experience. The energy, aesthetics and convenience of Dancing Deer is unparalleled. we highly recommend it for an unforgettable experience.

Profile Picture Amanda, 5/26/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was the most beautiful wedding venue, and Maria was a complete dream to work with. I cannot believe how many compliments we received from guests! The parking lot is so close and accommodates a large amount of vehicles which was a huge bonus, and we had so many amazing locations for photos. The bridal party stayed at the house on site and that was extremely convenient. The entire experience was perfect and we wouldn't change a single thing. If you want a beautiful outdoor wedding you and your guests will never forget, choose Dancing Deer Farm!

Profile Picture AMANDA, 5/19/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Wireless Internet, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor

Maria and her team were a pleasure to work with from the first day we toured the venue to the day of our wedding. The site is absolutely beautiful, was completely customizable, and we greatly enjoyed being able to house our family and friends on site as well! If you are looking for a unique wedding in a gorgeous setting, Dancing Deer is the place! Maria was very attentive throughout the whole wedding process, even stopping by the day after to make sure we had what we needed and everything went ok! We wish we could do it all over again!

Profile Picture Melinda, 11/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Dancing Deer Farm was the perfect place to have our special day! The wedding was wonderful, and Maria was very flexible with us! She entertained all my questions, and we even got to do multiple site visits with vendors, and practice our first dance before the special day at the venue!
I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Profile Picture Cindy, 10/7/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My son and daughter-in-law and I chose Fawn Hill at Dancing Deer Farm because of the location and because it met their criteria of wanting to feel deeply "in nature" during their ceremony. They were 100% satisfied with their choice and since we had to make the decisions based on them looking at photos and trusting my descriptions, this says a lot (they live out of state). This venue feels like it's way out in the hills, and yet, it's just minutes from 101 (Templeton and Paso Robles). Guests and vendors could easily find their way. There was plenty of parking space (dirt lot, dirt road) for our 80 attendees and they did not have to walk very far from the parking lot to the barn and amphitheater. Because of the topography, all the cars were hidden from view, which was great for the photos! There was a little cottage on site as well that made for a cute backdrop for photos. The photographer loved the location. It was also so convenient to be able to use the Country Haven house for the bride and attendants to get ready - the proximity to the ceremony spot was ideal. The distance between the amphitheater and barn is perfect. Directing guests after the ceremony was super easy. We just pointed! The ceremony was in August, at 4 p.m. and most of the amphitheater was in shade! How wonderful! The layout of the site was very well done. The huge oak trees not only gave us the much desired shade, but they just made the place feel magical. We were all completely happy with the venue!

Photo for Dancing Deer Farm Weddings Review - Inside the barn (reception)
Photo for Dancing Deer Farm Weddings Review - Inside the barn (reception)
Photo for Dancing Deer Farm Weddings Review - the beautiful pergola that we decorated (wind blew a bit)
Photo for Dancing Deer Farm Weddings Review - view of amphitheater looking west
Photo for Dancing Deer Farm Weddings Review - close up of stage in amphitheater
Photo for Dancing Deer Farm Weddings Review - walk under pergola is decomposed granite and plenty wide
Photos
Photo for Dancing Deer Farm Weddings Review - another walk between barn and stage was used by pastor...
Photo for Dancing Deer Farm Weddings Review - view from near barn, looking south
Photo for Dancing Deer Farm Weddings Review - cute cabin used for backdrop for photo
Profile Picture Lori, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Booking Dancing Deer Farm for our wedding was the best wedding planning decision we made!!! Maria and the entire staff were so accommodating, communicative, warm and OVERWHELMINGLY helpful and kind. Our guests are still raving about the scenery and overall feeling of the California landscape and lifestyle of Dancing Deer Farm. We booked the venue for the entire weekend--- our immediate families shared one house, our dear friends shared the other and lots of people camped all over the property. Dancing Deer allows you the comforts and warmth of home, while putting on a HUGE, exciting, unforgettable event. We couldn't recommend this venue and staff enough--- they made our wedding beyond our wildest hopes and dreams. BOOK DANCING DEER FARM!

Profile Picture User7462763, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Dancing Deer Farm went above and beyond to make our wedding weekend the most magical experience of our lives! Maria answered all of my questions leading up to the big event in a very quick manner. All of our guests staying on and off the property absolutely loved the venue! As the bride, I felt more calm and collected being immersed in such a serene setting. Unlike other venues that we looked at, Dancing Deer went out of their way to make us feel like our wedding was the most important event to them. I recommend this gorgeous retreat center to anyone that is wanting to host a wedding, family reunion, workshop, or any type of blissful event! If there was an option to give a 10 star rating for Dancing Deer Farm, that is what I would give them. Book your event with them today! You will be more than happy you did. :)

Profile Picture Jamie, 3/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Wireless Internet, Parking, Wheelchair Access

Maria was really great about answering questions and providing a clean, well-organized, and comfortable venue for the ceremony. We went down the street to a winery for the reception as we paid for the Romance Package, which limits the guest count to 50. That worked out well for us because that meant we didn't need to build the infrastructure of a restaurant on the property (though it does have lots of plates and glasses). We had most of the wedding guests stay on the property, which helped keep down costs for us for the ceremony venue and meant we spent more time with everyone. We held our wedding in late November, which meant it was a little on the cold side, though it was still beautiful and everyone just wore a jacket/shawl. Future couples might consider an earlier date for a Fall wedding.

Profile Picture User7461804, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Dancing Deer Farm is such a wonderful venue! I had my wedding there September 10th, 2016! We had 3 days to; set up, have your wedding, and take down! Also with a house that you and others can stay at!! Maria always got back to us and was very helpful. I would highly recommend Dancing Deer Farm!

Profile Picture User7200133, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our recent wedding at Dancing Deer Farm was a beautiful and RELAXED event. Aside from the gorgeous scenery, the best thing about this venue is that you get the stay on the property for a really reasonable rate! This means that you can take your time setting up and and breaking down (which was important to is since we DIY'd pretty much the whole thing) and enjoy more time with friends and family. I loved waking up on my wedding day to a deer right outside my window and the some of the most beautiful views! Maria was so easy to work with and always answered and encouraged all of my questions. Wonderful experience all around.

Profile Picture Nicole, 4/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding at Dancing Deer Farms was just beautiful. There is a serenity about the place and the natural beauty just lends itself to romance! We used the Shady Oak amphitheater for the ceremony and the event barn (only steps away!) for a really charming, rustic reception. It was such beautiful weather that most of the guests ended up at the outdoor picnic tables, so I am so glad that those were provided. This venue is really flexible with what vendors you choose. We went with a food truck that served simple sandwiches outdoors (festival style!) and it worked really well, but a more traditional, sit-down dinner would work, too. There are lots of indoor tables and chairs provided, but we did need to rent the chairs for the outdoor seating in the amphitheater. Perhaps my favorite thing about this venue, and where the value really is, is that the package we chose includes the use of the Country Haven house for two nights. That meant that we could really take our time setting up and breaking everything down (important for us DIY brides!) AND spend more time with friends and family. I loved being able to offer a bed to my guests from out of town and we were able to party long into the night without frantically checking the clock or worrying about getting out in time. They even offered us a late check-out of 12pm the next day. It was awesome! The Country Haven is a really cute house with a full kitchen and tons of single beds AND a gigantic bathtub that I took advantage of. It was so nice to have everyone together. I had a sleepover with the bridesmaids the night before the wedding and my 2-year-old had a quiet room to sleep in she she crashed early on into the reception. I truly thank Dancing Deer Farms for the wonderful service they provide to families. I couldn't believe how relaxing my wedding weekend was...really!

Profile Picture Nicole, 4/23/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access

You and your guests will have the best time of your lives here! It is such a beautiful and amazing place with rolling hills, robles, deer, and wild turkey. We had the whole place to ourselves which helped our families get to know each other better. The amphitheater was perfect for our guests as we said our vows under a big roble tree. Saying our vows under the majestic roble tree was truly romantic and unforgettable! The reception was held in the barn which was exactly the rustic/modern look we wanted for our wedding. Guests were able to mingle inside the barn as well as enjoyed walking around the property. Maria, who manages Dancing Deer, was truly accommodating, helpful, and a gem of a lady to work with! Our guests and families were so impressed with the splendor of this wonderful place which made for a most memorable wedding!

Profile Picture Alicia, 4/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I got married at Dancing Deer Farm on October 1, 2016. The venue is fantastic!!!! The amphitheater makes for a gorgeous ceremony location and the barn can be tailored to meet any vibe/theme that you fancy. The lighting is perfect. This venue made our wedding dreams come true.

The Hacienda house served as the location for our rehearsal dinner. It was perfect!!!! All family and most guests stayed on property and could walk between homes. We had multiple sides of the family on the farm and everyone had their space and felt welcomed and comfortable.

The medicine wheel offered a one of a kind extremely special and sacred location for an intimate handfasting ceremony the day prior to our wedding.

This location is within a reasonable day drive to and from Big Sur. (We went there to write our wedding vows.) Cambria is a short drive away. There are lots of activities for guests near Dancing Deer.

We had 55 people at our wedding. Stein's BBQ catered it and did a wonderful job and work with Dancing Deer well.

HANDS DOWN!, I RECOMMEND DANCING DEER!! My wife and I were originally going to have our wedding in Jackson Hole and moved it to Dancing Deer even after losing deposit money in Jackson....our move paid off with a wonderful venue, wonderful lodging, great staff, and ABSOLUTELY perfect weather.

Maria knows which vendors are good to go with and was clutch in making everything go off without a hitch. I can't begin to tell you how much help she was. Thank you Maria!!!

Profile Picture Bryan, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other)

BOOK IT! From the very first impromptu visit, Maria was nothing but kind and helpful and we fell in love with the property. We wanted somewhere to sleep around 20 people and ended up having 40 of our closest friends and family come to stay with us to celebrate an entire weekend together for our wedding. I could not have asked for a better experience. We had a reunion and a wedding. Everything about Dancing Deer from the staff, to the scenery, to the accommodations, and the venue itself put everyone at ease to relax and enjoy themselves. There is ample space to keep the drama away and it's hard to not enjoy yourself with good food, good people, and beautiful surroundings. Dancing Deer is also just 7 minutes from a shopping center with a Bevmo and a Target so we had our bases covered. If you are on the fence about having your wedding here, don't be. You will not regret it. I could not have dreamed of a more perfect way to marry the love of my life. Maria and all the other staff did not hesitate to assist with anything we needed and even the owner came by to thank us for being there. All the staff went above and beyond to help us with tedious tasks, answer questions and offered help before we even asked. They even hung up some string lights and moved picnic tables to the opposite end of the property so we could have a family bbq. We were worried about finding a venue that wasn't just gay friendly but treated us like any other engaged couple. Dancing Deer does not discriminate and it really is all about just love and family. It truly is a special place and we want to come back for a reunion in a few years.

Profile Picture User7196279, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
4.7

Visit the site, and speak with the manager. You'll be happy!

Profile Picture Mykael David, 4/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We stayed here during our wedding in Paso Robles with our entire bridal party and their guest. It was about 20 + people. We loved the property, there was plenty of space for everyone. Nice and clean facility. Hiking trails that surround it. We would def come back and recommend to anyone. Thank you!

Profile Picture Alvin, 6/25/16, 5 Reviews