Dancing Deer Farm Weddings Reviews

24 | Templeton, CA

24 Reviews for Dancing Deer Farm Weddings

Britani Dunn · Married on 02/09/2020

Absolutely Perfect in Every Way!

Can I give more stars?!??! Everything about Dancing Deer Farm, from the location, views, amenities, accommodations, affordability, to the staff was amazing. We wanted a one stop shop for our wedding, somewhere where we could not only have a great event but also get to spend quality time with our family both before and after our big day. Dancing Deer fit that bill perfectly! We rented out the entire property for three days and were able to make our wedding into the relaxed, fun, family/friend reunion that we had been dreaming of. Maria made everything so easy and simple. She was friendly and communicative, had excellent informational documents to help with the planning process, and was just lovely to work with. She and the staff even went out of there way to install misters over the barn because our wedding was scheduled for one of the hottest days of the summer. How sweet is that?!

In addition to being a dream property with staff like no other, this place is a budgeting brides FANTASY. We did everything ourselves, all our own decorating, Spotify DJ playlist set, had friends supply the catering/refreshments, a friend did our photography, and another friend did our flowers. Dancing Deer made integrating that all so simple and easy. All of the facilities were tailor made to allow for DIY experiences. Tables and chairs included? CHECK! Speakers, microphones and sound systems to the venue? CHECK! Plenty of refrigerator and oven space available for food prep? CHECK! Indoor and Outdoor bar areas ready for set up? CHECK! Electrical outlets at the amphitheater? CHECK! And that is just to name a few.

Dancing Deer truly was the perfect place for our perfect day. There is not one thing I would change about it. I feel so fortunate that my, family, friends and I were able to spend a few days as a part of the Dancing Deer family.

Can't wait to come back one day for a reunion or anniversary celebration :)

Sent on 03/12/2020
  • Olivia

Olivia Chin · Married on 05/18/2019

Beautiful and Relaxing Wedding Venue

The property was absolutely beautiful! We rented out both houses on site and the event barn for the weekend, which meant that we were able to spend time with family and friends, have rehearsal and rehearsal dinner, and set up the wedding in one location without having to rush back and forth. The property manager Maria was so easy to work with to set up property visits and on the wedding weekend. Dancing Deer had everything on our checklist for a wedding venue: budget, location and housing, indoor/outdoor options, spacious, and freedom to use our own vendors and decorations. We’re so happy that we found Dancing Deer for our wedding!

Sent on 06/05/2019
  • Jane

Jane · Married on 09/22/2018

The Perfect Choice

Our experience with Maria and Dancing Deer Farm was perfect. Maria was very accommodating of our requests. Based on our input aesthetic improvements were made, between our site visit and the event date, to cover utilities and such. We were very pleased with the improvements. Dancing Deer went above and beyond in customer service at every step!

We rented the Hacienda at Dancing Deer Farm Friday and Saturday night. The 2-night Romance Package worked very well for us. We invited family and close friends to stay the weekend with us and filled every bed. It was so wonderful to be surrounded by so much loving energy. There was plenty of room for everyone to have alone time as well as congregate. They all commented on what a perfect choice we had made for our venue.

We held our ceremony in the gazebo with guests seated to the right in the gravel area. The reception dinner was set up on the patio under the oak tree. There is ample space there for guest tables, catering, cake table, gift table, etc.

*Photos courtesy Kay Mitchell Photography

Sent on 11/07/2018

Megan · Married on 09/15/2018

My husband and I just got married this past weekend! We booked the entire property for 4 nights. We were able to spend plenty of time with close family and friends and had 2 days before the wedding to get everything ready. Maria was extremely accommodating with any questions we had prior to and throughout the stay. The property is absolutely gorgeous and within 10 minutes of anything needed- bev mo, groceries, restaurants. We had some friends and family who also needed to book hotels and airbnb's for the wedding and there was plenty around the area! We were so pleased with Dancing Deer and would highly recommend this property for a retreat, family/friend gathering and especially a wedding! Thank you for everything Maria!

Sent on 09/20/2018

cassidy · Married on 07/07/2018

Our daughter was married at dancing deer on 7/7/2018. we has 120 guests, and used both houses, the cakery(for hair and makeup) and one of the cabins. We had booked a year in advance, and Maria was a huge resource for us, and always responsive and professional. She was always available for consults with our wedding planner and vendors, and was a delight to work with. The venue was fantastic. Everyone loved staying on the property, and being able to have the rehearsal dinner on site was great. All the staff was very helpful, and as I started to stress at the heat wave that was coming, Maria mad sure the houses were pre cooled and misters we on outside. The pool was a bonus for heat relief. Maria was a very calming presence the day of, she kept a low profile, but was always there if anyone needed something. Our photographer had never worked at Dancing Deer and was blown away by the photo opportunities. I am pretty sure my family has adopted Maria, and we are trying to figure out when we can have a family reunion next year. We HIGHLY recommend Dancing Deer, book early, we believe it is going to become a prized venue.

Sent on 07/12/2018

Melissa · Married on 06/17/2018

I got married at Dancing Deer on June 17, 2018 and it was absolutely beyond my expectations, in every way.
    I was in contact with Maria for many months prior to the wedding and she always responded to my e-mails within hours (24 at most). It was so reassuring knowing that I could contact her with any questions or concerns and have an answer almost immediately. When we arrived at the property (a couple of nights before the wedding) an ease immediately took over. The property is more than a venue, it's really a sort of sanctuary. My wedding was DIY with a lot of help from friends and family. Maria was super accommodating to any special requests. She (or another awesome, helpful human) was available when needed and also gave us plenty of space to feel that the property was really our own for those few days. We used a party rental service and 'party helpers' and it seems like everyone in the business in the area is familiar with Dancing Deer, which made everything really simple. As for the houses, we had one for friends and one for family. We also had a few campers ( which I cleared with Maria prior to the pitching of the tents) and used all the cabins. EVERYONE was SO happy. My husband and I stayed in the friend house (the Country Haven) which was a perfect walking distance from the Hacienda where we strategically placed both of our families. Both houses have EVERYTHING you need. And our families are major foodies. One of our friends even held a beautiful morning yoga session in the Hacienda yoga room on the day of the wedding. Dancing Deer recognizes the importance of thing like conserving water, recycling, wildlife, family gatherings, etc. It made us feel really good to be able to have such a big celebration and stay aligned with our personal values. I was aglow the entire time we were there. Everyone was aglow, and there was always someone commenting on the unique and special atmosphere. This space and the people behind it are so, so special. I can't say enough.

Sent on 07/02/2018

Amy · Married on 06/16/2018

Dancing Deer is a beautiful, yet intimate wedding venue. Maria was wonderful to work with and she allowed us to make the space our own. We recommend this venue to anyone who wants to put their own touch on their wedding day while experiencing a beautiful setting.

Sent on 07/10/2018

Amanda · Married on 05/26/2018

Our wedding weekend at Dancing Deer was the most magical weekend of our lives. The site is gorgeous and the accommodations were flawless. Maria was extremely attentive and cooperative and our 50 guests staying on site and 115 at the ceremony raved about the beauty and ease of their experience. The energy, aesthetics and convenience of Dancing Deer is unparalleled. we highly recommend it for an unforgettable experience.

Sent on 06/13/2018

AMANDA · Married on 05/19/2018

This was the most beautiful wedding venue, and Maria was a complete dream to work with. I cannot believe how many compliments we received from guests! The parking lot is so close and accommodates a large amount of vehicles which was a huge bonus, and we had so many amazing locations for photos. The bridal party stayed at the house on site and that was extremely convenient. The entire experience was perfect and we wouldn't change a single thing. If you want a beautiful outdoor wedding you and your guests will never forget, choose Dancing Deer Farm!

Sent on 06/24/2018

Melinda · Married on 11/17/2017

Maria and her team were a pleasure to work with from the first day we toured the venue to the day of our wedding. The site is absolutely beautiful, was completely customizable, and we greatly enjoyed being able to house our family and friends on site as well! If you are looking for a unique wedding in a gorgeous setting, Dancing Deer is the place! Maria was very attentive throughout the whole wedding process, even stopping by the day after to make sure we had what we needed and everything went ok! We wish we could do it all over again!

Sent on 11/27/2017

Cindy · Married on 10/07/2017

Dancing Deer Farm was the perfect place to have our special day! The wedding was wonderful, and Maria was very flexible with us! She entertained all my questions, and we even got to do multiple site visits with vendors, and practice our first dance before the special day at the venue!
    I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Sent on 10/22/2017

Lori · Married on 08/12/2017

My son and daughter-in-law and I chose Fawn Hill at Dancing Deer Farm because of the location and because it met their criteria of wanting to feel deeply "in nature" during their ceremony. They were 100% satisfied with their choice and since we had to make the decisions based on them looking at photos and trusting my descriptions, this says a lot (they live out of state). This venue feels like it's way out in the hills, and yet, it's just minutes from 101 (Templeton and Paso Robles). Guests and vendors could easily find their way. There was plenty of parking space (dirt lot, dirt road) for our 80 attendees and they did not have to walk very far from the parking lot to the barn and amphitheater. Because of the topography, all the cars were hidden from view, which was great for the photos! There was a little cottage on site as well that made for a cute backdrop for photos. The photographer loved the location. It was also so convenient to be able to use the Country Haven house for the bride and attendants to get ready - the proximity to the ceremony spot was ideal. The distance between the amphitheater and barn is perfect. Directing guests after the ceremony was super easy. We just pointed! The ceremony was in August, at 4 p.m. and most of the amphitheater was in shade! How wonderful! The layout of the site was very well done. The huge oak trees not only gave us the much desired shade, but they just made the place feel magical. We were all completely happy with the venue!

Sent on 11/14/2017

Talya · Married on 07/02/2017

Booking Dancing Deer Farm for our wedding was the best wedding planning decision we made!!! Maria and the entire staff were so accommodating, communicative, warm and OVERWHELMINGLY helpful and kind. Our guests are still raving about the scenery and overall feeling of the California landscape and lifestyle of Dancing Deer Farm. We booked the venue for the entire weekend--- our immediate families shared one house, our dear friends shared the other and lots of people camped all over the property. Dancing Deer allows you the comforts and warmth of home, while putting on a HUGE, exciting, unforgettable event. We couldn't recommend this venue and staff enough--- they made our wedding beyond our wildest hopes and dreams. BOOK DANCING DEER FARM!

Sent on 09/17/2017

Jamie · Married on 03/23/2017

Dancing Deer Farm went above and beyond to make our wedding weekend the most magical experience of our lives! Maria answered all of my questions leading up to the big event in a very quick manner. All of our guests staying on and off the property absolutely loved the venue! As the bride, I felt more calm and collected being immersed in such a serene setting. Unlike other venues that we looked at, Dancing Deer went out of their way to make us feel like our wedding was the most important event to them. I recommend this gorgeous retreat center to anyone that is wanting to host a wedding, family reunion, workshop, or any type of blissful event! If there was an option to give a 10 star rating for Dancing Deer Farm, that is what I would give them. Book your event with them today! You will be more than happy you did. :)

Sent on 04/15/2017

Erin · Married on 11/19/2016

Maria was really great about answering questions and providing a clean, well-organized, and comfortable venue for the ceremony. We went down the street to a winery for the reception as we paid for the Romance Package, which limits the guest count to 50. That worked out well for us because that meant we didn't need to build the infrastructure of a restaurant on the property (though it does have lots of plates and glasses). We had most of the wedding guests stay on the property, which helped keep down costs for us for the ceremony venue and meant we spent more time with everyone. We held our wedding in late November, which meant it was a little on the cold side, though it was still beautiful and everyone just wore a jacket/shawl. Future couples might consider an earlier date for a Fall wedding.

Sent on 12/05/2016
  • User7200133 · 2+ years ago

Dancing Deer Farm is such a wonderful venue! I had my wedding there September 10th, 2016! We had 3 days to; set up, have your wedding, and take down! Also with a house that you and others can stay at!! Maria always got back to us and was very helpful. I would highly recommend Dancing Deer Farm!

Sent on 09/13/2016

Nicole · Married on 04/23/2016

Our recent wedding at Dancing Deer Farm was a beautiful and RELAXED event. Aside from the gorgeous scenery, the best thing about this venue is that you get the stay on the property for a really reasonable rate! This means that you can take your time setting up and and breaking down (which was important to is since we DIY'd pretty much the whole thing) and enjoy more time with friends and family. I loved waking up on my wedding day to a deer right outside my window and the some of the most beautiful views! Maria was so easy to work with and always answered and encouraged all of my questions. Wonderful experience all around.

Sent on 04/29/2016

Nicole · Married on 04/23/2016

Our wedding at Dancing Deer Farms was just beautiful. There is a serenity about the place and the natural beauty just lends itself to romance! We used the Shady Oak amphitheater for the ceremony and the event barn (only steps away!) for a really charming, rustic reception. It was such beautiful weather that most of the guests ended up at the outdoor picnic tables, so I am so glad that those were provided. This venue is really flexible with what vendors you choose. We went with a food truck that served simple sandwiches outdoors (festival style!) and it worked really well, but a more traditional, sit-down dinner would work, too. There are lots of indoor tables and chairs provided, but we did need to rent the chairs for the outdoor seating in the amphitheater. Perhaps my favorite thing about this venue, and where the value really is, is that the package we chose includes the use of the Country Haven house for two nights. That meant that we could really take our time setting up and breaking everything down (important for us DIY brides!) AND spend more time with friends and family. I loved being able to offer a bed to my guests from out of town and we were able to party long into the night without frantically checking the clock or worrying about getting out in time. They even offered us a late check-out of 12pm the next day. It was awesome! The Country Haven is a really cute house with a full kitchen and tons of single beds AND a gigantic bathtub that I took advantage of. It was so nice to have everyone together. I had a sleepover with the bridesmaids the night before the wedding and my 2-year-old had a quiet room to sleep in she she crashed early on into the reception. I truly thank Dancing Deer Farms for the wonderful service they provide to families. I couldn't believe how relaxing my wedding weekend was...really!

Sent on 05/08/2016

Alicia · Married on 04/09/2016

You and your guests will have the best time of your lives here! It is such a beautiful and amazing place with rolling hills, robles, deer, and wild turkey. We had the whole place to ourselves which helped our families get to know each other better. The amphitheater was perfect for our guests as we said our vows under a big roble tree. Saying our vows under the majestic roble tree was truly romantic and unforgettable! The reception was held in the barn which was exactly the rustic/modern look we wanted for our wedding. Guests were able to mingle inside the barn as well as enjoyed walking around the property. Maria, who manages Dancing Deer, was truly accommodating, helpful, and a gem of a lady to work with! Our guests and families were so impressed with the splendor of this wonderful place which made for a most memorable wedding!

Sent on 06/06/2016

Bryan · Married on 10/01/2016

I got married at Dancing Deer Farm on October 1, 2016. The venue is fantastic!!!! The amphitheater makes for a gorgeous ceremony location and the barn can be tailored to meet any vibe/theme that you fancy. The lighting is perfect. This venue made our wedding dreams come true.

The Hacienda house served as the location for our rehearsal dinner. It was perfect!!!! All family and most guests stayed on property and could walk between homes. We had multiple sides of the family on the farm and everyone had their space and felt welcomed and comfortable.

The medicine wheel offered a one of a kind extremely special and sacred location for an intimate handfasting ceremony the day prior to our wedding.

This location is within a reasonable day drive to and from Big Sur. (We went there to write our wedding vows.) Cambria is a short drive away. There are lots of activities for guests near Dancing Deer.

We had 55 people at our wedding. Stein's BBQ catered it and did a wonderful job and work with Dancing Deer well.

HANDS DOWN!, I RECOMMEND DANCING DEER!! My wife and I were originally going to have our wedding in Jackson Hole and moved it to Dancing Deer even after losing deposit money in Jackson....our move paid off with a wonderful venue, wonderful lodging, great staff, and ABSOLUTELY perfect weather.

Maria knows which vendors are good to go with and was clutch in making everything go off without a hitch. I can't begin to tell you how much help she was. Thank you Maria!!!

Sent on 11/04/2016
  • Ariana Mccauley

Ariana · Married on 04/06/2019

dream venue

we got married at dancing deer farm on april 6, 2019. i will start off by saying we absolutely loved having our wedding here, we had no regrets, and our weekend was lovely. but, as with any venue, there are pros and cons.
    ****PLEASE please read the cons because it’s important that they are noted by any future couples and also the staff / owners****
    (photos by Brandi Lopez Photography)

the pros: dancing deer farm is gorgeous. it’s a huge, private property with rolling hills and oak trees, and a cute rustic reception site. the option to book the whole weekend for a small additional cost and provide a place to stay for not only the couple but the whole wedding party is amazing. we were able to access everything the day before our wedding and set everything up!! it took so much stress away. we loved our entire weekend there. the ceremony amphitheater and the reception barn are blank canvases in the best way. we had so much fun decorating it exactly as we dreamed up. for the location, price, scenery, and amenities it’s really something very special. tables and nice chairs are provided along with wine barrels for decor. every single one of our guests was so in love with the venue. it’s truly a hidden gem.

the cons: the on site manager / person you will be dealing with throughout the process is a bit of a rollercoaster. sometimes, Maria was very friendly and helpful. other times, she was rude and intrusive. here’s some specific examples.
    ex 1: less than two months before our wedding we were informed (only because i had to ask) that the “casita” - sleeping arrangements that comes along with booking the country haven house - was “no longer available” and that Maria would explain when we did a site visit with my parents. i asked to know exactly what was meant by that as we’d already told our entire wedding party they’d be staying in the house. Maria refused to say any more about it until we were in person, which was not only stressful for us but came off as dismissive. also - were they planning to tell us before i asked? no idea. the replacement casita is less cute, still no bathroom, and still no more than twin beds - so couples be warned.
    ex 2: there is a strict no smoking policy, which is understandable given the location. they provide one designated smoking area at the barn. one of our guests couldn’t find the smoking area in the dark and was at a table on the other side of the barn smoking a cigar when Maria walked by and told him “congratulations you just lost them $1000”. yep that’s right - you’ll need to hand over a $1000 damage deposit for smoking ahead of the wedding and will get it back if no one smokes outside the area. which ok, sure, he was in the wrong spot. but- i was shocked to hear how abrasive she was to one of our guests who had no idea that we’d made such a deposit.
    ex 3: during our wedding reception, Maria and a man we had never even been introduced to showed up and helped themselves to food in our catered buffet line. this was never discussed prior, never brought up. on top of eating food we paid for that we did not offer to them, they sat themselves at a picnic table that was part of our barn reception in full view of us and our guests. very strange.

Sent on 06/01/2019

Tasha · Married on 09/03/2016

BOOK IT! From the very first impromptu visit, Maria was nothing but kind and helpful and we fell in love with the property. We wanted somewhere to sleep around 20 people and ended up having 40 of our closest friends and family come to stay with us to celebrate an entire weekend together for our wedding. I could not have asked for a better experience. We had a reunion and a wedding. Everything about Dancing Deer from the staff, to the scenery, to the accommodations, and the venue itself put everyone at ease to relax and enjoy themselves. There is ample space to keep the drama away and it's hard to not enjoy yourself with good food, good people, and beautiful surroundings. Dancing Deer is also just 7 minutes from a shopping center with a Bevmo and a Target so we had our bases covered. If you are on the fence about having your wedding here, don't be. You will not regret it. I could not have dreamed of a more perfect way to marry the love of my life. Maria and all the other staff did not hesitate to assist with anything we needed and even the owner came by to thank us for being there. All the staff went above and beyond to help us with tedious tasks, answer questions and offered help before we even asked. They even hung up some string lights and moved picnic tables to the opposite end of the property so we could have a family bbq. We were worried about finding a venue that wasn't just gay friendly but treated us like any other engaged couple. Dancing Deer does not discriminate and it really is all about just love and family. It truly is a special place and we want to come back for a reunion in a few years.

Sent on 09/12/2016

Mykael David · Married on 04/01/2017

Visit the site, and speak with the manager. You'll be happy!

Sent on 04/15/2017

Alvin · Married on 06/25/2016

We stayed here during our wedding in Paso Robles with our entire bridal party and their guest. It was about 20 + people. We loved the property, there was plenty of space for everyone. Nice and clean facility. Hiking trails that surround it. We would def come back and recommend to anyone. Thank you!

Sent on 12/29/2016