Dana Markos Events Reviews

80 | Boston, MA

80 Reviews for Dana Markos Events

Carly · Married on 02/16/2019

Are you looking for the most beautiful floral design in Boston?

Are you looking for the most beautiful Floral design available in the Boston area? Look no further then Dana Markos and his amazing team.

Dana has the capability of taking a look at your wildest *Pinterest Inspired* dreams, and exceeding them!

When I became engaged I already knew I wanted to work with Dana Markos Events on our floral design. His expertise is unmatched and his editing and style are the epitome of class. Our Venue was an elegant ballroom, that would truly be defined by the flowers for the Ceremony and Reception, and my vision was not only executed perfectly, but their work FAR SURPASSED what I could have thought up!

My Mother, who is an extremely harsh critic, came bounding into the Bridal suite minutes before our ceremony and exclaimed "Did you see the flowers!? They are amazing!".

Dana, I could never thank you and your team enough for transforming our wedding. We owe you the world, and can not wait to receive the photographer's detail shots back so we can relive the beauty again!

Sent on 02/18/2019

Michelle · Married on 04/21/2018

Dana, thank you so much for our wedding flowers and ceremony & reception decor. As always, you far surpassed my expectations! Thank you for turning my dreams into a reality. You are of the sweetest and most genuine people I know. Thank you to you and your staff! xoxo

Sent on 05/14/2018

Esther · Married on 08/19/2017

Where to even begin with the absolutely stunning, amazing, fairytale work that Dana Markos and his team (Amanda, Daniel, Nyla, and others) did for our August Saturday evening Newport wedding. Whatever your wedding floral vision is, or even if you don't have one, Dana and his team will go above and beyond to make sure that every petal and leaf is perfect, and don't just stop at florals, but go on to assist in any event planning and ideas you need. Do yourself a favor, and use Dana Markos. You will thank me. We had an initial meeting to discuss my ideas and vision, and thereafter had several more meetings, calls, and texts. Dana was so accommodating, responsive, creative, visionary, and professional. He was excited about my vision and helped to build it out further, and make sure we could make it a reality, AND all without breaking the bank. Dana and his team even visited my venue with me, which was 1.5 hours away from his office! About 1 month before the wedding, I went to his studio in Ipswich so he could show me an example of one of the table centerpieces. I did not feel it matched my vision perfectly and Dana's response was, "No problem, we will do everything we can to make sure it matches your vision." I wanted very tall centerpieces with real lemons to make it look like a lemon tree as the centerpiece - our guests are STILL talking about the lemon tree centerpieces! Dana was attentive to every one of my critiques starting from the huppah, to the centerpieces, to the welcome table and every leaf and petal in between. In fact, on the day of the wedding, he came by my bridal suite to show me the bridesmaids bouquets, and there was a rose that was taupe colored, that I really didn't like. I told Dana I didn't like this color and I preferred a more blush/pink color. "Not a problem," was his response. Sure enough, a couple of hours later, the bouquets had all the taupe roses removed and replaced with the exact color I wanted. Just another example of Dana and his team.

Sent on 09/11/2017

Lilli · Married on 05/27/2017

Dana’s work for our wedding was absolutely stunning! Dana took our conversations about what we hoped our wedding would look and feel like and the types of colors, textures, and feelings we loved and brought them to life, creating a setting beyond anything I could have ever imagined. From our bouquets to the ceremony arch, from cocktail reception decorations to complete tablescapes at dinner, Dana wove our vision of beauty into every aspect of our day, creating a cohesive feeling throughout our wedding that transformed our venue into something that was uniquely ours. We truly enjoyed working with Dana! It was clear from the start how much he truly cared about us and about each of his clients, and he was always available to help with anything - from choosing linens to providing opinions on jewelry! Dana’s expertise, dedication, and heart made the planning process so easy and fun, and we’re so grateful to have worked with such an incredible designer!

Sent on 05/31/2017

Megan · Married on 06/04/2016

Dana is an exceptional florist. He not only cares about the decoration at your reception, but he thinks about the entire presentation. He is creative, unique, and his work is exquisite.

Sent on 06/24/2016

Christine · Married on 09/18/2015

We first met with Dana in a small office, with no flowers, and just talked about what kind of wedding we were planning. It was evident from our first meeting, that Dana was THE florist to make our dreams a reality. Dana had worked with our wedding venue, The Cranes Estate, many times in the past, and his knowledge of the property helped immensely in developing the look and feel of our event, down to the most minute detail. And the details paid off. It is not often you hear people raving about the flowers at a wedding, but the flowers, tables and overall look was THAT spectacular. Dana created a beautiful and romantic feel to our wedding, that complimented the stunning surroundings of the estate. Dana turned our dreams into reality, and we couldn't be happier. We HIGHLY recommend Dana for any occasion.

Sent on 11/14/2015

Dana is an amazing designer! He is an incredible person to work with. Very detail oriented and every bit of a perfectionist but one of the kindest and caring people I've ever known. He takes your ideas and themes and turns them into something truly amazing! His vision and artistic design can make anything you envision come to life. All of our guests commented on the beautiful arch he created and the floral arrangements and bouquets. Dana is a very talented artist but also an incredible human being!

Sent on 09/16/2015

Taylor · Married on 08/22/2015

I cannot say enough wonderful things about working with Dana and his team. I absolutely love flowers and was very selective about the florist I chose. The quality of Dana's work is on a level of its own and his passion for making our wedding day an absolute dream was undeniable. Dana went above and beyond to give me the aesthetic I wanted and he was also so creative and full of wonderful ideas. I had so many people tell me the flowers at my wedding were the most beautiful wedding flowers they had ever seen. It really was a dream and I am so thankful to Dana for making that dream a reality! Not only is he talented, but he is extremely warm and fun to work with. I cannot wait to have a daughter some day so I can hire him to do the flowers at her wedding ;)

Sent on 02/27/2016

Dana provided incredible flower designs and decor for our wedding day! He really made our visions a reality both at the ceremony and at the reception site. Every little detail was exactly as we imagined and our guests are still talking about how beautiful everything was!

Sent on 06/09/2015

I cannot say enough great things about Dana Markos!! From the second that we met him, I knew I needed him to be my florist. Dana has a way of understanding what you want, and turns it into the perfect vision. The second I walked into my ballroom on the wedding night, I was so WOW'ed!! The flowers were unbelievable- so gorgeous. He even asked me to just trust him on the place card table and let him do what he wants- I loved it!! On top of Dana being extremely talented, he is also such a warm and kind man. He made us feel comfortable from Day 1. His team which consists of his son and Brooke were also fabulous. I can be a bit indecisive and they completely helped. I would highly recommend Dana Markos Events to any bride/wedding/function. He is one of a kind!!

Sent on 02/09/2015

Janet · event on: 11/02/2014

I am the type of person who always has a vision for my events, that sometimes makes it hard to work with an event planner because they don't see my vision. From the moment my daughter and I met Dana, we met him at the time of her wedding, we knew he was the event planner for us! He totally understood what we wanted. We have used his services for all our events since and he has never let us down! Every event he plans for us is just beautiful and goes beyond our every expectation.

Sent on 12/02/2014

Dana and his team did an amazing job for our wedding and rehearsal dinner. He is one of the nicest people I've ever met, so easy to work with, and I felt comfortable just giving him a few thoughts/ideas and trusting the rest to him. Our wedding guests are still talking about our floral displays at both the cocktail hour and reception.

Sent on 12/08/2014

kristen · Married on 09/27/2014

Dana and his staff are great to work with and produce stunning arrangements. For my wedding at the barn at the Crane Estate on 9/27/14, Dana provided not only the floral arrangements and bouquets, but helped to plan and execute the entire tablescape and other details, creating the most beautiful ambiance in the barn. The barn is a blank slate, and Dana's help and expertise transformed it into a gorgeous, rustic atmosphere- just what we were looking to do.

Dana is very responsive and was always quick to respond to any questions we had. He met with my husband and I several times throughout the planning process, making sure he was on target with our vision. He even met with us twice at the venue to give us advice and suggestions for things like table layout, lighting, and overall ambiance, and he worked with other vendors to make sure everything would coordinate. Dana and his team are very creative and had some unique ideas on menu display, escort card arrangements, and tablescape. He thinks of everything (even putting a spring of rosemary in each guests' pocket fold napkin)!

We could not be more happy with Dana and his team, and I would highly recommend him to any bride!

Sent on 10/12/2014

Dana came highly recommended from a friend (as well as two of our other vendors). He was absolutely amazing to work with, and we had a gorgeous wedding thanks to his team. He listened to all of our desires and concerns, and he translated our conversations and photos/links into a perfect and tasteful design (we were going for a classic/modern mix). He made great recommendations about how to repurpose and maximize use of all of the different arrangements (we even reused the beautiful centerpieces for a brunch the next morning). He was impeccably professional, pleasant and reachable anytime we needed to talk (including evenings and weekends). He worked within our budget, and his estimate was spot-on (no surprises). I would recommend him without reservation.

Sent on 05/03/2015

Emily · Married on 08/23/2014

I have been sitting at my computer for several minutes trying to decide what to write about Dana because words truly do not even begin to describe his talent, his amazing personality, and his ability to make you feel completely comfortable with every aspect of your wedding planning. Dana is a talent like no other. What he can do to transform a venue is absolutely magnificent. Dana kept an anxious bride calm, he answered all questions immediately whether they were large or small. He was extremely insightful and worked with our budget so that we could create the exact vision that I have always wanted. Dana was the one person that completely understood the brides vision and made it come to life. I truly cannot say enough good things about him and his team. I would recommend working with Dana Markos Events to every single bride in the world that wants to feel comfortable, satisfied, and have a spectacular vision come to life no matter what it is. He was my person throughout all of wedding planning. He will tell it like it is and make recommendations that I never would have thought of but that light up the room. I am still receiving compliments daily from guests on the flowers. Like I said, I can not truly put in to words how incredible Dana Markos Events is, but I can say, use him. You will not be sorry and he will help in creating a beautiful design for the most beautiful day, your wedding. I leave my wedding with an amazing person in my life and the most wonderful photos and memories of my perfect vision thanks to Dana and his team.

Sent on 10/14/2014

Laura · Married on 08/02/2014

My husband and I had the fairy tale wedding of our dreams thanks to Dana Markos Events! Dana and his staff turned the ballroom into an elegant, romantic, dream come true. The flowers were simply spectacular and our guests are still complimenting them! Dana and his staff helped make it personal by adding details like incorporaing my favorite flower to each bridesmaid's bouquet and even adding pieces of my Mother's veil to my bridal bouquet.

The professionalism is top notch. Dana has a passion for what he does and it radiates through his work. He is friendly, energetic and caring. He offered great advice and kept me feeling at ease throughout the entire planning process. He and his staff are true professionals with many years of experience and their work is a direct reflection of it.

I met with Dana many times throughout the planning process and he helped take the vision I had of my dream wedding and bring it to life! I am truly grateful to have chosen Dana Markos Events and would highly recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 01/19/2015
  • W

William · Married on 07/19/2014

Everything was spectacular!! The tins of flowers and books our daughter chose for decoration were so creatively arranged-every table different from the other! DANA MARKOS EVENTS was able to capture the image and feel that the bride wanted so perfectly. The crowns for the bride and flower girls …and the dog were so beautiful. Our family and friends have been able to continue to enjoy the flowers even 5 days later!

Sent on 07/28/2014

Dave & Laurie · Married on 06/28/2014

Dana Markos is a truly creative and imaginative professional. From the first day when we met with Dana and showed him the sand castles that we purchased for centerpieces for our daughter Stephanies wedding we could see the creative juices were flowing. He looked at them and looked up at us and said "I am thinking moats". We were truly astounded at the thought and he created the most fabulous centerpieces for her wedding. Stephanie released butterflies at her wedding ceremony in honor of her grandmother and he found the most gorgeous crystal butterfly to put in her bouquet that brought tears to my guests eyes. He fastened her bouquet with another small crystal butterfly that was the perfect accent. He used her grandmothers shell trivets in his assembly of the floral table accents as well and captured her memory for us. For the gift table he created the most astounding centerpiece that related to her Save the Dates and we were thrilled with his imagination and creativity. The wedding colors were royal blue and yellow and his enhancement of all the arrangements was tremendous. It has been over one week since the wedding and the bouquet of yellow roses that he used for the gift table is still thriving beautifully. We have never seen roses hold out so long in their beauty. We felt that we only had to put a thought in his head and he would run with it as far as anyone could go. It was comforting to know that we really only had to give a thought and he would bring it to its furthest potential. THANK-YOU Dana and your wonderful staff for they are a huge asset to your company and everything was PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dave & Laurie Mollica
    PS - They day Stephanie met Dana on the drive home she told us "I LOVE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Sent on 07/08/2014

Simply put, Dana Markos Events made my wedding day an outstanding one in every way. It’s a mystery to us how Dana and his team provided expert guidance while fully respecting our personal vision for the day. The entire planning process, from A to Z, went smoothly. Hands down, they are reliable, efficient, and fun to work with. Count on their creative and production skills! You will absolutely love the results . . . and, your big day.

Sent on 12/07/2014

Person + Killian · event on: 03/13/2014

Dana Markos and his team created all of the floral arrangements for our 2014 Wedding Industry Soirée and exceeded our expectations! The DME team worked with all involved to bring Spring to Boston early. We put our compete trust in them and they were able to create not only a stunning display when guests first arrived at the venue and flowers throughout the room on each cocktail table and bar, but they created a custom full scale wall of flowers growing out of the grass - over 10 feet high and 20 feet long! We highly recommend Dana and his team as we know they will help make your day as unforgettable as ours for not only us but our guests as well!!!

Sent on 11/21/2014

Tricia · Married on 02/15/2014

AMAZING, BREATHTAKING, BEAUTIFUL.... there are not enough words to describe how Dana Markos Events transformed our venue into the most beautiful room we have ever seen. We chose a winter wonderland theme, and Dana Markos & his team went above and beyond. All the little details and personal touches were fabulous. My bouquet was my favorite - so beautiful and romantic with a little sentiment from my late grandparents that Dana was able to artistically place into my flowers. Our guests were floored when walking into our venue, they have nothing but great things to say about the decor. The church was amazing, with a beautifully decorated archway for the most perfect photo-op. You will not be disappointed, Dana will make your day that much more special and memorable.

Sent on 02/23/2014

Joan · Married on 10/12/2013

Just had my daughters wedding on 10/12/13. Dana marks did the most fabulous job with the flowers. We also had him do the flowers for the bridal shower. Because the flowers at the shower were so unbelievably beautiful we entrusted Dana to design and pick the wedding flowers that he thought best for our venue. No complaints. Everyone loved them . Only bad thing was that I did not have a centerpiece for every lady at the wedding. Everyone wanted to win the centerpiece! Thank you Dana. You amaze me.

Sent on 10/14/2013

We honestly cannot say enough good things about Dana. He is SO much more than just a florist - he is a full service event designer and his attention to detail is superb. We were very open minded when it came to our flowers (which is another way of saying we had no clue what we wanted!) and Dana did an incredible job of understanding our style. The room looked stunning and we owe it all to Dana’s incredible work.

Dana’s value went far beyond his floral arrangements - he also helped us with everything from how to set up the room, to timing of our event, to giving us great advice on all aspects of planning our wedding. He’s an extremely sincere and caring person, and was a pleasure to work with. Absolutely top notch!

Sent on 11/03/2013

melissa · Married on 10/11/2013

Dana was such a joy to work with. He spent the time to get to know us and understand what we wanted and most importantly didn’t want for our wedding.

Dana and his team far exceeded our expectations, so far that we were speechless when seeing our reception venue for the first time. Dana "got" the feel and the energy we wanted to create and delivered on it flawlessly.

Dana we thank you for listening, for your creativity, and for adding the WOW factor to our wedding day.

Sent on 10/27/2013

Catherine · Married on 09/06/2013

Dana Markos is an incredible talent. He has an eye for color and knows how to enhance your venue in the most beautiful way. We received multiple compliments after the wedding.

Sent on 09/21/2013