Dan McGuire Group Reviews

Dan McGuire Group 3
Dan McGuire Group 4
Dan McGuire Group 5

Jackie · Married on 06/03/2017

I wish I could give these guys a higher score! Especially for flexibility! We were behind schedule when we arrived to the reception. The group did a great job keeping us on track when we got there and really adjusted everything perfectly. It's been a month since our wedding and people are STILL coming to me and telling me how much they loved our music selection. So much fun from the beginning to end. I also was having a hard time picking out music for the ceremony and all the little music details needed for weddings. They were very patient and helpful and were able to take my vague descriptions of what I wanted and match it perfectly. 100% recommendation from me and my husband!

Sent on 07/07/2017

Katie · Married on 09/10/2016

My husband and I would recommend this vendor to absolutely anyone looking to have an AMAZING time at their wedding. We had the Dan McGuire group and the DJ (Smitty) come and entertain for our wedding. They kept everyone out on the dance floor the entire night and everyone had such a great time. Not only did they provide great entertainment, but they were incredibly easy to work with. My husband and I are not the most picky people and there were a lot of spaces to fill as far as cocktail hour song choices, etc. They were able to fill in the spaces with no problem. The DJ was an amazing MC-- with so much energy... all of the time!

There were many times throughout the night that guests would come up to me and say that they could not tell if it was the band or DJ playing the song until they looked at the stage... now that is impressive!!

I cannot recommend this band and the DJ enough. They went above and beyond our expectations... we would use them again a million times over.

Sent on 10/13/2016

Dan McGuire Group's reply:

Thanks Katie! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We had such a fun time performing at your wedding. Congratulations again to both you and Clay!
  • Z

Zach · Married on 05/28/2016

We used DJ Smitty from the Dan McGuire group to DJ our wedding and couldn't have been happier with his services. He was very professional and easy to work with. We had DJ Smitty pick all the music out for us so we had one less thing to worry about on our big day. We couldnt have been more pleased with the variety and selection he choose. I would with out a doubt use DJ Smitty again and recommend anyone looking for a professional easy going person to host there venue to contact the Dan McGuire group

Sent on 10/27/2016

Kelsey · Married on 07/04/2015

Jon (DJ Smitty) , Wow, what a whirlwind life has been. I can't believe our wedding day has come and gone so quickly that that we are already back from the honeymoon. The wedding day was everything and more we could have asked for, and we can't stop gushing about our fabulous day. Thank you SO much for being a part of our special day. We got endless compliments on our DJ and the music! We loved what you played, and how you were with us and our crowd, and we will highly recommend you to any one we know getting married! Thank you again for being such a large contributor to our wedding, we appreciate your fun, talent and ability to be personable with our crowd! We appreciate you spending our July 4th wedding with us, and for giving us a great, unique really special DJ experience. We hope to see you around downtown Frederick!

Sent on 10/27/2016

Andrew · Married on 05/24/2015

I HAVE NEVER SEEN EVERY SINGLE PERSON AT THE WEDDING UP AND DANCING- AWESOME TIME, GUYS!
    My fiance and I a tthe time, had gone out for a fun night in Frederick, MD. We were talking at a bar, but slowly stopped, as we both heard the band come on and how strong they sounded. As we looked at each other, saying "Aww baby, a live band at our wedding would be so much fun!", we could not stop just paying attention to the band. "These guys sound awesome!" "This band is actually good out here!" ... .... We were overheard by Dan's girfriend when I asked my fiance, Natalie, "I wonder if they do weddings?" She chimed in, and sinformed us that she thinks they have never done a wedding before. As we were telling ourselves "No way!" we asked Dan's girlfriend, "You think they would?" We found out they were from Bel Air, MD, just like us, and we exchanged numbers, and Dan's girlfriend assured us "just talk to him when he comes over to the bar." We got to talking, exchanged some more numbers, gave Dan a rough idea of what we were looking for, etc. Next thing I know, were compiling a list of songs, seeing which ones Dan could possibly do and not do- all that stuff. Before we knew it, Dan was having practices, keeping us in the loop as to what they've nailed down, a simple contract was drawn up, and the Dan McGuire Group got to do their first wedding!
    They brought a personal friend of theirs, their own MC, who was very capable of the intros, the lineups, you know- keeping things going for first dances, etc. Throughout all of it, I have never had so much fun. Every single person- little kids, older people- EVERYONE- was up and dancing, having a great time. All we heard for the next few weeks was how awesome the wedding was, and "oh-- the band too! They killed it!" Great job, Dan McGuire, to you and all of your mates. I know I won't ever personally need you for another wedding, but we would want you at every wedding I go to in the future!

Sent on 12/12/2015

Heather · Married on 01/24/2015

My husband and I are college friends of Dan, and when we got engaged he offered to play our first dance at our wedding. Of course, we said yes, and of course he had an amazing performance! But during the planning process it evolved into him also playing a few songs for our ceremony. My husband and I are very big Forrest Gump fans, so we really wanted my walk down the aisle to the theme song of Forrest Gump, which is a beautiful instrumental song. Dan was of course up for the challenge, although it was not his normal type of performance or a song that he knew. He killed it!!! That moment was hands down the best moment in our entire wedding for Jake and I. Behind closed doors with my dad holding my arm, getting ready to walk down the aisle to marry the love of my life...nothing was better than hearing that song begin! He did a beautiful job and brought most of the room to tears! To end our ceremony we decided on one of our favorite songs on Dan's regular playlist..."I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)"...and again he absolutely nailed it!!! The energy in the room went from sappy wedding, to let's Party!!!!! I wish we had Dan play the whole wedding, but of course we wanted him to enjoy our wedding as a guest as well. Dan has amazing energy and talent, and was such a great addition to such an amazing day. Thank you for being part of our big day Dan!!!

Sent on 10/17/2016

Caitlin Meehan · Married on 10/12/2019

Cocktail Hour Music

Dan McGuire Group helped to make my dream of having live music during cocktail hour a reality! I was so pleased with Christian Harper’s performance at my wedding. It made the evening so special!

Sent on 10/31/2019

Hannah Froehlich · Married on 08/09/2019

4.2

Great experience with Dan McGuire!

We had a wonderful ceremony and cocktail hour because of the acoustic music provided. Dans group played everything I asked and it was a hit.

Sent on 10/24/2019