Short North Weddings Reviews

Short North Weddings 1
Short North Weddings 2
Short North Weddings 3

laurie · Married on 04/11/2015

dan was fantastic! every step of the way he was supportive and helpful. he was prompt and professional, plus our photos are amazing! we [sort of] eloped, and when i showed my mom the photos her exact words were that they, "made me feel like i was there"

Sent on 05/20/2015

Jennifer · Married on 10/11/2014

My Husband and I booked Dan for our wedding and also had our engagement photo session done with him last year. From our first meeting before we even signed the contract he has been a pleasure to work with. He is very friendly and willing to answer all questions and wants to make sure you understand his services, and the layout of the day. On our wedding day, we had both Dan and his assistant, Megan. That was my first time meeting her and was beyond happy with how well her and Dan worked together. The two did an amazing job of capturing the whole day. I was worried about not hiring a videographer, but after looking through all of my pictures, I am fine with not having it. They truly did not miss a thing and I have my whole wedding day documented in still shots that I will cherish forever. We had both sets of parents and other guests even comment on how professional and dedicated our photographer seemed. Thanks to Dan Buckley Photography, I am one happy Mrs.

Sent on 11/18/2014

Ashley · Married on 08/30/2014

Super professional- and super fun.

I met Dan at the Columbus Bridal Show at the Convention Center in January. I met lots of photographers there, but Dan really stuck out to me. Not only were his photographs stunning, he just seemed like the perfect fit for my fiancé and me. His booth display, his personality, everything.

When you are planning a wedding, having less to worry about is important. With Dan, we always knew that the photography side of things was in great hands. He always replied to email/phone queries quickly and informatively. He really worked with us to get to know "us" during our engagement photo shoot, but also to understand the types of photos that we wanted. On the day, Dan and his assistant Megan were never intrusive (I didn't even notice them most of the time!) but they still managing to capture anything and everything. They were also great in the sense that they kept us organized and on time, which was a great help on the day when a lot is going on!

We can't speak highly enough of the photos we received. Everyone has loved them and the compliments just keep on coming. We had so much fun going through the 900 (!) photos we received and reliving the day.

When you book a wedding photographer, you really hope that you get great images. You get this with Dan because he is a great photographer- But it's important to know that with Dan, you are not only getting a great photographer, but you are also getting a great guy. Everyone complimented not only the photographs, but also how great Dan & Megan were throughout the day. They even stayed on extra time to capture the party as it went late into the night!

I highly recommend anyone in the Columbus area to hire Dan for their special day!

Sent on 10/18/2014

Jenny · Married on 04/26/2014

I first saw Dan's work when he shot my friends' wedding last year, and their photos literally took my breath away. I knew at that point that I had to have Dan shoot my wedding. Photographs are the only tangible, long-lasting items that you take away from your wedding day, so I was extremely picky about who I would hire. From the first communication with Dan, I was immediately at ease and excited that he was going to be shooting our wedding. His rates are absolutely reasonable for the quality of his work. He always responded to my emails within a few hours and answered my many questions without a hint of irritation. My husband and I were not able to meet with Dan prior to the wedding date since we live in Indiana (side note: his travel fees are VERY reasonable), so we worried about feeling awkward during pictures on our wedding day. However, Dan was friendly and easygoing from the minute he walked in. He gave us great suggestions for poses and shooting locations around our outdoor venue, and took the time to make sure the sun didn't ruin any pictures. He made sure we got all of the pictures we wanted with our family and friends along with detail shots that I am SO grateful to have. His second shooter, Sarah, was a huge help to us as well, from fluffing my train to helping wrangle our rowdy wedding party. The whole day flew by, and Dan and Sarah easily accommodated every change and request. We received our pictures about 2 weeks after our wedding, which is SUCH a quick turnaround - most of my friends have had to wait 2+ months for their photos! I love every single photo Dan shot - there are amazing pictures of everything from my husband dropping the ring during our ceremony to our ridiculous dance party of a reception. If you are looking for a down to earth, fun, flexible, professional photographer who will get every photo you will want without you having to direct him, Dan is your guy!!!

Sent on 05/18/2014

Roxanne · Married on 11/23/2013

Absolutely stunning photos! I couldn't be happier!

Sent on 01/01/2014

Lauren · Married on 09/28/2013

It was a pleasure to work with Dan! He is extremely organized and responsive. We couldn't have been more pleased with our engagement and wedding photos. They were thoughtful, candid, and spectacular.

Sent on 01/09/2014

Dani · Married on 05/27/2012

I got married this past May and Dan did the photography for my wedding. I dont think I can put into words how thrilled I was with how everything turned out. It's like he knew what pictures would be most important to me without me even asking. He made that whole aspect of my day so effortless, which was nice considering everything else i had to worry about going on around me! I would recommend him in a heart beat, and to top it all off, he had my pictures edited and back to me in less than two weeks!!! I will definitely be using him again when it comes time for maternity photos and family portraits!

Sent on 12/30/2012

Dominic · Married on 04/21/2012

We had the wonderful pleasure to work with Dan Buckley and his photography team for our outdoor ceremony and indoor reception. We normally don't write many reviews but we decided that since Dan did such an incredible job overall we had to make sure others knew what they will be getting from such a talented photographer! If you're reading this review you won't need to waste your time researching other photographers in Ohio because after we researched a dozen photographers we knew Dan was the perfect fit for our wedding. First, some background. We were actually coming INTO Ohio from Arizona for our wedding (we are both from Ohio) and we needed someone available and willing to drive about 2 hours to our location to the bride's family's hometown close to Athens, OH.

Dan was able to capture the right moments at the right time and we loved pretty much every single photo we received. Dan and his team did an incredible job and we were very appreciative of his work with us and our family. Matter of fact, after we received our photos we have had some friends that are preparing their weddings share that they would be willing to fly Dan our to Arizona for their weddings! If you want to check out our photos ask him for a couple shots of Melanie and Dominic's wedding. Look no further, if Dan is available, make sure you get him booked!

Sent on 01/04/2017

Patrick · Married on 03/31/2008

Even though Dan shot my wedding a few years ago, at the time I didn't have the opportunity to write this reveiw and give him the recognition that he deserves and I wanted to do so now. I had a very atypical location for my wedding that was relatively dark inside, so I needed a photographer that could work with that challenge. Dan not only handled the task but also delivered photos that exceeded my expectations. He is now my go-to for photos of my son!

Sent on 12/31/2012

Brent · Married on 01/07/2017

Dan was great! We got some really beautiful shots of our wedding day.

Sent on 04/17/2017