Dallas Asian Strings Reviews

43 | Dallas, TX

43 Reviews for Dallas Asian Strings

1 User photo

Blair · Married on 05/04/2019

I had a wonderful experience with them. Very responsive and professional!

Dallas Asian Strings was absolutely amazing. They performed at my wedding for the ceremony and the cocktail hour and it couldn’t haven been any more beautiful. I’m so happy to have had them.

Sent on 05/28/2019

Crystal · Married on 04/27/2019

Dallas Asian Strings were great!

It was so easy working with them! I loved all of the song choices and how professional they were. They sounded great and would definitely use them in the future!

Sent on 05/03/2019

Jyoti Hargrove · Married on 04/06/2019

Thank you!

DAS were amazing! They were very easy to book and their website allowed me to preview all the available songs I could choose for our wedding ceremony which was a huge help in making decisions. Thank you DAS for a outstanding job.

Sent on 04/22/2019
  • Y

Yvonne H · Married on 02/17/2019

Amazing experience

If you are a Dallas local and happen to need wedding services, this is the only one professional and elegant site you need to check out.

I couldn’t thank them enough to save my big day. You are the beat!

All my best regards to the talented and easygoing musicians at DAS!

Sent on 03/03/2019

Cristina M · Married on 12/15/2018

Wonderful sound

Dallas Asian Strings played before, during, and after my wedding ceremony on December 15th and they were amazing! So many people came up to me and told me that they really enjoyed the songs they played and that they sounded great! Would definitely recommend them to anyone who needs music at their event.

Kendall W · Married on 11/24/2018

Customize music

We had a string trio play during our ceremony and they did a great job. One of my requests was for the musicians to transpose a song that was special to us from piano to strings and Joplin and her group learned it quickly and it sounded great. They also have a good mix of classical and more modern songs in their repertoire.

Selina Chang · Married on 11/11/2018

Great performance!

Joplin and her teams are very professional. Great performance! Price is reasonable as well. Joplin is very responsive to my requests. She also gives her advices on which songs to play for my wedding. Highly recommend!

Sent on 03/03/2019

Kaylyn · Married on 11/03/2018

I highly recommend

Dallas Asian Strings were phenomenal! They were very responsive to all my inquires and questions I had. I booked them to play the ceremony music for my Wedding at the Dallas Arboretum. They arrived on time and despite the heat/ humidity (June 29th wedding). My ceremony started a little behind schedule and they powered through and played beautifully for all of our guests. We ended up choosing the string trio option and were impressed by how they sounded for such a small garden wedding. I highly recommend them for any ceremony/reception music needs

Sent on 07/12/2019

Nancy L · Married on 10/20/2018

Professional Group

We found them from the SMU artist bridge, and they are very professional musicians, as well as young, talented and passionate people to work with. Highly recommend if you wish to have more contemporary and romantic music on your wedding, they are the perfect group for you!

Christie N · Married on 10/19/2018

Singer of the wedding

I was fortunate to be accompanied by Dallas Asian Strings as a soloist for my nephew's wedding. They were professional, delightful to work with and beautiful musicians. They provided music before, during and after the ceremony and created a lovely atmosphere for the Bride, Groom and their guests.

Marisela D · Married on 10/13/2018

Talented musicians

So much talent in these musicians!! We booked Dallas Asian Strings for our wedding ceremony and they performed a beautiful repertoire! They were great to work with and professional from the day we contacted them. I highly recommend using them for your wedding day and booking the string quartet!

• MariaGrazia

MariaGrazia · Married on 10/04/2018

Wonderful!

They were phenomenal!! I would definitely recommend them if you are looking to add some beautiful live music to your event! Thank you for adding such a lovely touch to our special day!

Sent on 11/21/2019

Gina · Married on 03/24/2018

Very Professional

Wow. I'm so impressed with Dallas Asian Strings. I asked of lot of them, requesting songs that weren't already in their repertoire, one being very complicated and it all turned out perfectly. They had an extra rehearsal for the complicated piece before my wedding day to make sure it would be great for me - and it really, really was. And on the business side of things, they were very professional and Joplin was very responsive when I had questions - helping to alleviate some of the stress of wedding planning. She was really on the ball and I'm so thankful for that. Thank you Dallas Asian Strings! Rave reviews from this bride!

David Tseng · Married on 08/30/2003

very touching and moving melody

their melodic performance is very touching and moving. I really enjoyed the atmosphere, and would love to see them perform often.

Sent on 02/25/2019

Clare Mead · Married on 02/22/2020

Quick response and thorough understanding of what we wanted.

I would recommend a practice trial before the actually ceremony. As lovely as they sounded, several time the music just came to an abrupt stop. Other times, the music began too late.
    Again, they sounded so lovely, but had we maybe rehearsed, the quartet might’ve known to continue playing/not stop abruptly.
    I highly recommend since they added so much more emotion and romance and intimacy to the ceremony.

Sent on 02/28/2020
  • Nicolas

Nicolas Morales · Married on 07/27/2019

Downtown Dallas Wedding Dream

We loved working with Joplin and Dallas Asian Strings!! They were very responsive to our request, communicated well with us, had a wonderful repertoire, and were extremely professional! Loved having them at our wedding.

Sent on 08/05/2019
  • Mob For Keely & Aaron

The Glam Camp · Married on 09/28/2019

3.4
      3.0

Was not on cue and started to play wrong song for bride’s walk down aisle

They did well up until they made a huge flaw. They almost played The Prayer which was to be played during the lighting of the candles, before our daughter walked down the aisle when For The Love Of A Princess was to be continued and played through. I saw the soloist and coordinator stop them over the confusion and took a few moments for them to regain composure and start over. Not a good moment. We fully communicated with them on what pieces and when to play and the most important piece sadly was not played on cue and had to start over.
    In the end we are ok, we give grace, we though want them to work on fully communicating and understanding with whom they contracted with ( which we did) and then communicating within their group.

Sent on 10/17/2019

Dallas Asian Strings's reply:

Sorry to hear that Robyn. Please accept my apologies on your experience.
    There were some risky moves on the communication before and during the wedding,

1, I believe that was bride’s father who requested more than 10 brand new music out of our repertoire list, that was about a week before the wedding, and the sheet music of those new request was sent to me 2 days before the wedding. The group was trying to learn them as fast as they can, but it’s still very very risky to request too many new music at the last minute.
    2, Due to the size of the chapel, the quartet was set up upstairs where is right on top of the entrance gate, they can’t see any entrances unless the wedding planner walked up and let them know.
    3, Because of the site and difficulty on seeing cues, I always recommend to have a simpler choice of music than very complicated one.

Jamie Gibbons · Married on 08/21/2019

3.4

Nice added touch

The music was nice but the processional was switched with a complete different song.

Sent on 09/23/2019

Dallas Asian Strings's reply:

Hi Jamie, we appreciate your feedback.
    The fact is we have all your requested songs in our binder and ready to play, but the organist approached to us before the ceremony and said that the “flower duets” is not a sacred song, so we can’t play that song at St. Rita Church, and also told us to play “Canon” for both processional and bride’s entrance.