Daevid's Reviews

99 | Norfolk, VA

99 Reviews for Daevid's

Kimberly · Married on 05/21/2011

We absolutely loved Daevid's! They were very creative and had great ideas and suggestions! We gave them our budget and Daevid was able to come up with something we really liked. While working with Daevid, he makes you(the bride) feel so special, like you are his only bride! We live about an hour out of where their shop is but they always tried to work with us and around our schedule to meet with us! Daevid's is the best florist!!!

Sent on 06/05/2011

Monica · Married on 10/16/2009

We wanted unique for our fall wedding and I knew nothing about flowers coming into it. After meeting (and being dissapointed with) several other florists, I met Daevid. I gave a rough description of my dress, my bridesmaids, and my thoughts and he was able to pull several flowers right there that were perfect, stunning, unique, and smelled amazing! His pricing was better than I could have asked for and the end product was stunning. Everyone else was going for over-kill and just looks... I love that Daevid incorporated smell into my flowers because it gave such a wonderful accent to the already beautiful arrangements. I had to change a few things to our bridal party and table arrangements last minute and they handled all that like it was no problem at all. I could not have been more thrilled. If you want your wedding to have a style and beauty all of it's own, look no further. You won't find a cookie cutter wedding here... just a beautiful reflection of you in flowers!

Sent on 05/20/2010

RUSSIE · Married on 10/04/2014

I would HIGHLY recommend this vendor to EVERYONE. A true visionary who took our simple lantern as our inspiration and turned our centerpieces into true masterpieces. The ceremony room was decorated to perfection making it a beautiful setting.
    Everyone who attended was raving about the decorations. I don’t know what to say but WOW. I can’t being to tell you how PERFECT and extraordinarily BEAUTIFUL everything was for the wedding. Perfection to the max!

Sent on 10/06/2014

Patrice · Married on 10/05/2013

Daevid's and his team helped make our wedding day amazing! As an out of town bride email and phone consultations were really important. Daevid and his team also accommodated my busy schedule by working with days and times that worked best for us both for initial consultations. Daevid did the flowers and decor for my friend's wedding and from that day I knew that I wanted to use his services for mine. Daevid worked with our budget and helped make my Pinterest board dreams come true. I highly recommend his services!!

Sent on 10/07/2013

Victoria · Married on 09/28/2013

When I chose Daevid, it was because I was so impressed by the pictures of his previous work and he seemed to really get my vision from the beginning. I had a definite idea about what I wanted, but it would not have been realized with the same amount of clarity with anyone else. It was like a dream when we walked in and we were floating the whole night. Our guests are still raving. . . I highly recommend him.

Sent on 10/05/2013

Great folks to work with, great ideas, beautiful results

Sent on 10/21/2013

Anna · Married on 06/27/2010

Absolutely wonderful to work with! Reliable, flexible, and affordable. The only complaint I had was that the boutonniers were a little more plain than I'd expected. Otherwise, everything was perfect. I would use them again in a heartbeat and recommend them to anyone hands down.

Sent on 01/06/2011

Jennifer · Married on 05/22/2010

I loved working with Daevid's. He knew exactly what I wanted and delivered. I thought it to be inexpensive. Although the staff at the reception site shattered 40 of our flower vases while he was setting up, I realize it was not his fault and that he could not replace them in time before the reception was to begin. I did not get to see the full effect of what Daevid's could offer! But I know it would have been grand :) I've been recommending him to everyone.

Sent on 01/07/2011

Heidi · Married on 05/31/2009

We loved working with Daevid. At our first meeting, he knew exactly what we needed to fit the style and theme of our wedding. In fact, he threw the perfect centerpiece together in minutes. You can tell he loves what he does and he does it well! He is very willing to work within budgets!

Sent on 06/16/2009

Daevid is a true artist -- he saw a glimpse of my unfinished idea for my wedding reception and put together an incredible ambience that captured just what I envisioned. He was able to fill a relatively plain space and make it elegant and warm. The centerpieces and bouquets were amazing. The process of working with Daevid was overall pleasant. (Some of his staff were not as pleasant as he is, but that comes with the package.) I was a little surprised when I received my invoice and noticed it was much beyond the budget I thought we had agreed upon, but in the end, it all worked out.

Sent on 06/10/2014

Danielle · Married on 06/23/2012

Daevids was absolutely wonderful! I have always loved seeing their work as I grew up. The arrangments, bouquets, boutonnieres, plate settings, everything was just beautiful! I did not get the opportunity to see everything that Daevid's put together for us on our wedding day, I just cannot wait to see the pictures. I would recommend Daevid's in a heartbeat!

Sent on 07/10/2012

Angela · Married on 09/18/2010

The Flowers at the reception were amazing loved them....at the church we had a misunderstanding of how I want the bouquets but he came and tried to fix them. The only complaint i have would be the flowers we falling out of the ball of flowers the bridesmaid carried even before we walked down the aisle and some of the flowers fell out of the pin ons. But other then that great service and beautiful presentation

Sent on 12/30/2010

Jennifer · Married on 05/29/2010

Very much enjoyed my experience with Daevid! He is a true artist!

Sent on 12/30/2010

Anita · Married on 09/22/2012

Flowers and table decor was awsome, we loved the way the tables were arranged. Everything was up to our expectations from Daevid. We recomend him to anyone who love Flowers and like your event to be a memorable one. Anita:)

Sent on 09/30/2012

Daevid consistently does amazing work. His wide variety of vases, table decorations, etc make it easy to put together the perfect tablescape. Definitely an expert in the area - I completely trusted his judgement and it came together perfectly. If I were to do it all again I would certainly go with Daevid!

Sent on 06/25/2012

Judy · Married on 09/24/2011

3.5

Daevid is by far the most talented florist in the area! He listens, and performs with spot-on accuracy. I had a difficult time conveying exactly what I wanted, and honestly wasn’t sure how everything was going to look. I was completely blown away when I entered my reception site. I only wish I could have had more time to look at every little detail, because there were so many!

I can’t tell you how many times guests came up to me and said this is the most beautiful wedding I’ve ever seen. It’s been 7 weeks and I’m still hearing compliments on my décor. Thank you Daevid. I will recommend your services to everyone. (I have 2 unmarried sisters ;-) )

Sent on 11/10/2011
  • Diane

Diane · Married on 09/28/2013

3.0

Daevid was able to take the vision I had into head and make it come I life so beautifully! He gave great suggestions after listening to all of my ideas. The look of our wedding day turned out better than I even imagined!

Sent on 10/12/2013

Jeff · Married on 05/29/2011

3.0

First of all, the flowers and their presentation were excellent. Daevid is definitely in a league of his own.

However, it would be helpful if one of Daevid's representatives coordinate and ensure all receive their bouquets/boutonnieres/corsages. There was too much confusion, and a few items were missing - one bouquet and flower girl petals.

Sent on 06/27/2011

Daevid's's reply:

We are the florist and decorator, not at all a coordinator. We did stay and made sure everyone had ALL of there flowers. The flower girl petals, I will admit we had a huge bucket full of petals to do the petals for the isle, and did forget to pull them in the basket for the flower girl. No missing bouts or corsages, we Always provide one extra bout, and corsage at each and every wedding. However check our facebook and blog of the wedding and ceremony. We did contact the groom and asked him to review his comments.

Erica · Married on 01/12/2013

0.0

Daevid's is absolutely the best when it comes to event floral and decor. When I met with him about our wedding flowers, I knew everything was going to be wonderful but it was better than that. Our reception was STUNNING and every one of my guests made sure to say so. Daevid took my vision about what I wanted and took it to an entirely different level. His attention to detail and the customer service he and his staff provide simply can't be matched. Stephanie was available for consult every step of the way and they even accommodated a change to the delivery site the morning of our wedding. We would give them six stars if it was an option!

Sent on 01/29/2013

Daevid's's reply:

can we get a six on felability...LOL

Sarah · Married on 05/24/2009

3.0

Daevid was easy to work with. He listened to what I wanted and helped fill in the holes in my "vision". The arrangements were beautiful and you could tell the flowers were fresh. In fact, my mother and my mother-in-law both took flowers from the arrangements and bouquets home after the wedding and they lasted for 6 to 8 days after the wedding. I would definitely recommend Daevid to others.

Sent on 06/29/2009

Cherish · Married on 05/21/2010

3.8
      3.5

Daevid was wonderful and made it easy to have a beautiful wedding and reception. My only wish is that the one lily that had the orange color that I wanted in the arrangements was fully open. Other that that the staff, decorations, and wedding turned out wonderful.

Sent on 12/31/2010

Joanna · Married on 06/18/2011

2.6
      1.0
      3.0

I was an out of town bride who asked my mom if she could take care of the flowers. I work full-time so it's hard for me to take time off to meet with every vendor for the wedding. I would do my best through phone and email, and was lucky my family lived in the area to help me. Right off the bat, Daevid wanted me to come down for a consultation because he said he truly wanted to get to know the bride and get a feel for her style, likes, and dislikes. This was totally fine. I accept someone taking pride and care in their work.

We get to the consultation, and right away we start looking at flowers in his studio. He pulled the printed proposal (emailed previously) out on his workshop table and started to do some arrangements with what we presumed were the flowers listed on that proposal. We are not the experts, so we trusted him to show us what he proposed. We loved the centerpieces. Daevid loved them. He really sold us on these arrangements and both my mom and I and even Daevid were taking pictures of these arrangements for our records.

The contract listed each type of flower being used, but not any notes of the style or arrangement shown. Because we loved what he showed us, we signed the contract assuming that this "style" of arrangements were the ones that he would be using for our centerpieces. Obviously, they would not be exact, but very close. We even took his advice when dealing with our lighting company because he would be using a light under the vases (like in our pics).

Right before the wedding, there is a second consultation to be done and signed off on. I requested to make arrangements for this meeting with his assistant, and she said that if everything looked good from the original contract and consultation, then there was no need to meet, but we could mail in the signed contract. After the 1st consultation, I was NOT contacted by Daevid letting me know that anything had changed, or needed to be subtracted, added, substituted, etc. This was a good sign to me that we were good to go.

Wedding day arrives, the church decorations were lovely, the bridal party bouquets and boutonnieres were great (both items we never saw an example of), the centerpieces were completely different from what he showed us, and what we have pictures of. Yes, they were nice, but they were of a completely different style, and literally people were asking if my mother did them because she is quite talented in that department as well. Very disappointing.

After the wedding, my coordinator explained our disappointment with the centerpieces to Daevid's assistant (he was never available from here on out). She said she would talk to Daevid, show him the pictures from our consultation, and get back to us.

Weekly, my coordinator would get an update that Daevid would call us to talk about it, but he never did. Finally, 1 month later, I get a voicemail from his assistant saying that she's sorry that we were disappointed, but that we signed the contract and that's what they did at the wedding reception. I emailed back a personal response, and almost another month has passed, and still no reply.

I understand that I signed off on the contract/proposal, but what I only saw on the proposal were the types of vases and the types of flowers. There was nothing listed in their about the "style and type" of arrangements. I thought this would come from Daevid's notes/pics that he took from our first consultation. All the types of flowers for the centerpieces were great, so I signed.

If I had known that all of those notes/pics/sketches that he did during our first consultation would be completely forgotten and had to be written in with the contract directly, then I would have most definitely come down for the second consultation that I had emailed about. I found it odd that if the proposal was not in agreement with what he was showing us in his studio (before signing), then why wouldn't Daevid make notes on the contract we were signing and initial them? He never gave us any indication that the proposal had to be changed because of what he showed us in his work studio. Our understanding was that - what was shown in the studio was what was on the proposal.

Bottom line is that we heard amazing thing about Daevid's, he showed us "amazing" at our consultation, and we didn't get that for our centerpieces. We made assumptions that his notes and pics of the "arrangement style" would be in addendum to the flowers listed in the proposal.

It was truly disappointing to have to also speak with his assistant about this when she was such a nice girl, and had not been in on the consultations. The fact that Daevid didn't make an easy effort to call or even write an email himself to speak with us was truly upsetting. I even waited about 2 months to see if he would get in touch to set things straight, but he never did. Sadly, this is probably the only way I would get an actual response.

Sent on 08/08/2011

Amy · Married on 11/11/2011

2.0

I thought long and hard about leaving a review, but clearly have decided it needed to be done. I went to Daevids because a friend recommended him, as well as the coordinator at my venue. When I first met with him, I was convinced everything was going to be great, I felt like he really listened to what I wanted. Three weeks later, he sent me a proposal that seems to include everything we had talked about, and came in just a little bit over my budget, so I signed it and paid my 700.00 deposit. Everything seemed to be going well until two weeks before my wedding, when I got an email saying that they had "mistakenly" forgotten to put prices on some of the items on my estimate, and therefore I would have to pay them an additional 500.00 to get everything listed on my estimate. So while I know legally this would not hold up, my options were pay them 500.00 or so dollars or be forced to find a new florist two weeks before my wedding, losing my seven hundred dollar deposit. Instead I split the baby, opting to get some of the additional items and missing out on others. At no point did daevid adress this with me directly, I only had email communications with his assistant. Clearly I was not pleased, but I still had to rely on them. I really wish I had taken the hit on the seven hundred and found someone else. It became clear that instead of paying more attention to my wedding, I was written off when I didn't up my budget to pay the additional amounts. On my wedding day, I was horrified with the result. First,Though the flowers were pretty, I had given specific instructions that I wanted no green in my bouquet- and in came a giant bouquet( had requested a small one) with giant green leaves! I looked like I was carrying a bush down the aisle! And my centerpieces were pink! Which I hate. Aesthetics aside, beware when signing a contract with them. I have told everyone I know getting married to use someone else. Unless you have a huge budget, you may be disappointed.

Sent on 05/21/2012

Daevid's's reply:

I wanted to respond to this because after 6 months this is the first we have heard of any issue with this event. I have made several attempts to contact the client. Her work email, her work number, and cell phone number and all we could get for a response is one email/ That was a image from her photographer which was of bad posing on their part. So line by line for clarification on some VERY Inaccurate statements from the client who is an attorney!

Brides Bouquet of vendella roses, seated in white hydrangea, gardenia and stephanotis with crystal centers. Wrapped in fabric and finished with her broach. 115.89 This bouquet is on our Bouquet Monday from November 14, 2011, and re-posted yesterday, May 21, 2012. Where is the huge bush? I wrote down in my notes the bride is wearing An Allure Dress, from All the Rage, and she is Petite. I take the notes so that I can have relative size for each client. This is the first time in 20 years I have had anyone say a "giant bouquet." You judge for yourself on our Facebook page again for that. As far as the greens, we do utilize salal which is a small leaf which is 1 1/2" in length on stem that cup around the base of the bouquet. We do this so you do not see the mechanics of the bouquet. Stephanotis, and gardenia both have to be wired, and it looks messy. None of my notes had anything about "no greens". There are plenty of bouquets on our website, and Facebook that have no greens for that simple request.

Next Item, that the centerpieces where "pink" is NOT accurate. See again our post on November the 11th under Follow Friday Album, and again yesterday May 21, 2012 that the roses are/where lavender with crystal centers seated in the container with salal and huge white hydrangea in glass containers. Read in the next few items when I outline here entire proposal for the "you may be disappointed, and mistakenly forgotten items."
    Here is the rest of here proposal pricing before the changes this was written on August 4, 2012, and what her final charges where. To clarify the client stated she was surprised at items that had been "mistakenly" forgotten. TBA, means To Be Announced, because of the mothers did not know if she wanted a wrist corsage, or pin on much less a dress color. The altar pieces was left off because, the bride was deciding if she was "DIY" draping the altar area on her own, with her family. So read below on the statement she had pay "500.00 or so" in addition to her proposal, but she "split the baby," referring to the extra charges? I think I gave a lot and this is the review?

Brides bouquet of vendella roses, seated in white hydrangea, gardenia and stephanotis with crystal centers. Wrapped in fabric and finished with her broach. 115.89

A free toss bouquet is a standard with us so that the bride has her bouquet. No charge

Bouquets for her 5 Attendants 12 Sahara roses in antique cream peach, seated in 2 white hydrangea. 66.18 each (images of each flower is given in the proposal. Total 330.66

Two flower girls basket she would provide but asked us to provide silk petals for the basket 30.00 she removed on 10-17-11.

Boutonnieres
    She had asked for 4, in which I gifted in the very first proposal. She was teetering on pocket squares and flowers, or no flowers. On the wedding day we provide a boutonniere for The groom, the FOB, The ring bearer and one extra. No charge

Corsages
    The first proposal I listed the MOB with Wrist corsage, and gave the option in our consultation of a tussy mussy of blue bird roses (lavender) and white hydrangea.
    The bride requested to Stephanie a tussy mussy on 10-17.11. Charge of 25.00
    The Stepmother of the Groom with a wrist corsage of roses and hydrangea. The charge 25.00
    As well as one extra corsage....Gifted at no charge

That is a total of 50.00 extra

Ceremony
    This is the area in which we left the options open until the MOB, and Bride could decide if they where going to design the back drop (draping) on their own, or have us assist.
    I listed the items for options with no pricing. I did this so I would have everything she requested. With lots of options, with or without flowers to be later decided upon.

Our two 7' pedestals with our eyelash curtain and back light in amber lighting. I never charge for our props unless it is a huge labor item like our large Gazebo. Everyone in the industry knows I do not charge for my containers, and 99% of my props. This altar was at NO CHARGE.

Second item At the back of isle (the first row of chairs( we will add 2 of our 55" glass vases with our 2 crystal beaded chandeliers. This will star the isle, and we will move and place by the entrance of the doors of the ballroom after the ceremony. Again this was an item listed as an option so the bride could discuss with her mother. An email asking if they chandeliers could have arrangements with orchids on them, an item we discussed as a possible extra if the budget worked. So we added not only orchids but white hydrangea to the 2 arrangements, now placed on top of the free 55" vases and 45" beaded hanging chandeliers.
    Charge of 100.00

Centerpieces
    8 of our glass short containers (use no charge) where 4 where taken, but we never charged the client for.
    Glass cylinders with nothing but (10) blue bird roses (lavender) NOT PINK ! seated in (2) hydrangea. In the center of the roes we will add crystals to each rose, and sitting on our light boxes (wrapped in Victorian lilac.) Around each centepriece we will add 3 of our silver mercury candle sticks (silver) with pillar candles that are white carved with silver Florette print, 3 of our stem votives and 3 of our star votives @ 73.37
    For a total of 586.96

A sweetheart table arrangement to match was added on and charged on 10-17-12, for a
    New Total of 660.33

The bride had requested to use a coupon (80.00)that she had acquired a few weeks after she came to us, and signing a contract from the lighting company that we referred who to. The coupon was for me after the consultation. The lighting in the room was pink. We had nothing to do with the lighting, other than recommending lavender/purple Not the pink that is on her images of the room. The pink light did make the arrangements look pink. I can't change that, and most importantly, if pink was not an option why did she choose pink lighting at the end?

The cake was originally labelled "TBA" because she had not only not chosen a baker, but nor flowers. So I would have no idea what to even suggest other than utilizing her wedding flowers. An email on 10-26-11 a email asking if we had a clear cake stand. Stephanie replied with we do not, and a later response the same day a clarification from the bride asking about a cake stand that we created with the baker she had chosen, on a event with them. It was one of our large acrylic vase with flowers underneath it. We charged her for 6 blossoms of white hydrangea
    Total 28.00.

In our original proposal we offered plate charges at no charge ,a as well as our clear table numbers.

A ladies room arrangement, a standard for us on each event. NO charge

Pay close attention to the totals.

The initial proposal
    The subtotal was 1,063.51
    Sales tax 53.18
    Delivery 462.00 Delivery is broken down as follows (van rental 100.00, gas at the time gas was 3.10, so I charged 37.10 for gas on 12 gallons of gas, for two trips. One for the setup and another for clean up) The labor of set up room, the set up of the ceremony, wait for the flip of the altar pieces, and clean up at the end of the night.

For a total of 1,578.69

With the changes follow closely on one of the drafts the total changed to 1,871.35. That was the most with the items listed above.
    The only items she was asked to pay extra was two of the arrangements which where significantly large for 228.00. So when we changed it, we reduced the arrangements to 100.00 for the two, two large arrangements of white hydrangea and white orchids, and an extra centerpiece, two corsages.

What the bride paid with her "Military/law enforcement" 5% discount that we offer.

Subtotal now which is the final, and the only thing that changed was the two altar pieces.

1,284.28 before her discount
    -64.24 the 5% discount
    1,220.64 Subtotal
    61.03 sales tax
    462.00 delivery
    1,743.67 Total

So I am not sure where she was spending an "additional 500.00 or so" and where she "split the baby and missing out on others?"
    It has been over 6 months and this is the only thing we have. I have made our share of mistakes in 20 years, and ALWAYS try to fix them. We do make errors, however, we did nothing wrong on this event.
    Now to address the communication with my assistant. I wish I could brag and say I have it all, but without Stephanie I would have no call log, no email log, no way to dispute the changes. Stephanie is in most cases more of an allies for the brides. This is the first complaint I have also ever had that Stephanie is the only contact. On each proposal I include my personal email, I texted this bride when the proposal was in here email for review.
    I have now changed my policy and I will follow up every week with every client, that was the humble point out of this experience. To put me back into the brides radar every week and vise versa. So Thank You Amy Miller/Floriano for that.

"Unless you have a huge budget, you may be disappointed" to work with us? We have accomplished a lot of events and they all get the same attention regardless of "budget."

Rachael · Married on 01/16/2011

1.2
      1.0
      0.5
      0.5

I went to Daevid's and was quoted $3,800 and told them that I could not afford it. When I told them I needed to cut things out they told me I could only go down 15% from what they quoted me. They only care about the money, not the bride and groom and making their wedding day perfect.

Sent on 03/02/2011

Daevid's's reply:

Sad, but this is far from correct. Our orginal proposal, like every client that we meet with, we ask for them share with us what they would like for us to provide as a dream wedding. So the base of the proposal was based on the "everthing with no budget." we based our proposal based on the imformation we all discussed. The orginal proposal was for 3,327.78, and it is up to each client to review the proposal and to discuss if this budget is accomplishable. It is in our contract that a client " ONCE THE CONTRACT IS SIGNED" that they are not allowed to reduce the proposal more than 15%. No contract was signed until October 29, 2011, the original proposal was sent September 14, 2011.
    We are a small business and I can accomplish only a limited number of events on one day. For instance, a client books our services for 25 centerpieces, and we turn another client down based on this event of 25 centerpieces. The first client decides that centerpieces are not a priority, and descides to cut them. Now I have rejected one client, and I have lost the potential of business.

Items provided for this wedding for 3,327.78 are as follows:

1 brides bouquet of white, cream, peach, cream/peach, and green roses, with hydrangea in green and white, and dusty miller.108.91
    8 bridesmaids with 12 osina roses with hydrangea 58.00 each
    14 tall centerpieces of peach glads,roses, greens, hydrangea, and birch @ 70.00
    14 clusters (3 small vases/ours) with hydrangea and roses @ 14.00 each
    8 clusters (3 medium vases) with hydrangea, roses @30.00
    Delivery/set up/clean up/move 275.00

Gifted/No charge/ use for wedding for reception/no rental fee
    Throw away (roses)
    Ladies room arrangement, hydrangea and roses
    1 boutonnieres
    1 corsage
    2 clear pedestals for the altar arrangements
    2 palace vases for the altar arrangements
    78 votive candles
    18 light boxes
    2 toparies for entry ways
    18 palace vases for centerpieces

But lastly when the final budget and numbers were set it left a deficit of 4 table arrangements. So I...The STUDIO gifted 4 more of the tall centerpieces and 12 more smaller vases to complete the room. So there would be no deficit of centerpieces. If I was all about the money I would have let the deficit stand.

The review is not based on an accurate statements. The follow up phone call was based soley on an email and a phone call where she was asked where she would like for us to reduce the budget. I hate asking a client to tell us what to cut, and she had ample opportunity to shop else where. We meet with her the Sept. 10, 2011, and she did not sign a contract with us until October 29,2011. My first bad review and it seemed to be accross the board all because of budget. The client in fact admitted in a conversation prior to this dispute that the flowers were beautfiul and appreciated the flow of the consultation.