Daevid's Reviews

99 | Norfolk, VA

99 Reviews for Daevid's

• ashley

ashley · Married on 10/15/2011

When I first met Daevid I knew in my head what I wanted my wedding to look like, but I couldnt put it into words....so he asked me a few simple questions and went into the back of his shop and through some wonderful things together with what he had! After that day I gave him free run...I dont trust a lot of people....but he knows what he is doing! I was so blessed to have Daevid!

Sent on 11/15/2011
  • W

Whitney · Married on 09/03/2011

While I was not able to use Daevid's for my wedding (they had already booked my date by the time I called), I was very impressed by Daevid and his team.

On the day of my wedding, we did bride-groom pictures beforehand and I forgot to pick up my bouquet before leaving the house. As we drove around town (flower-less) to the unique spots we wanted to shoot, we passed by Daevid's. Our photographer immediately yelled stop and and that he wanted to take pictures there. You see, Daevid's has this huge yellow-painted brick wall with flowers, and beautiful planters with sweet potato plants overflowing onto the sidewalk. We got out and started taking pictures with the Daevid wall as our backdrop, and not more than five minutes later, Daevid came out with a beautiful bouquet of yellow flowers for me to use in my pictures (and yellow was my color!). It was so kind and unbelievably professional of him to see us taking pictures and notice I was sans flowers.

Daevid is truly a class act and I couldn't have thanked him more for adding this little detail to our wedding photos!

Sent on 09/17/2011

Fredrica · Married on 09/03/2011

You can place your vision in the hands of Daevids of Norfolk. Stephanie is excellent with answering your questions and making you feel like you are the only bride they are working with. Daevid has a gift from God. He takes your vision to another level and does so without taking advantage of you or your finances. Be honest with him about your budget and he will work with you. Daevid also provided me with great referrals for my wedding cake and photographer.

Sent on 11/10/2011

Allison · Married on 05/28/2011

Daevid made my wedding day better then I could have ever imagined. He made sure that every tiny detail was perfect and in place. He truly made my wedding day extra special. I can honestly say Daevid and his crew went the extra mile to make sure my day was special. I don't even have words to describe how beautiful the ceremony and reception flowers/decor looked. AMAZING! You are crazy not to use him for your wedding or special event!

Sent on 06/08/2011

Dear Daevid, Stephanie and Team:
    From the bottom of our hearts, thank you for providing gorgeous flowers for our wedding at St. Gregory the Great Catholic Church and The Westin on May 28, 2011. The pew markers and altar arrangements brought color and vibe to the church, and we loved the modern touch. The centerpieces were super modern, elegant and sexy, which lit up the room. The bouquets and flowers for the wedding party were beautiful; thank you for allowing us to have the blooms of our choice. Many thanks for providing an amazing bridal bouquet with all my favorite flowers and colors and introducing me to the nerine lily. The flowers were displayed at my parents' home the next day during our post-wedding brunch. Some of the orchids and calla lilies are still alive in our kitchens. I pressed the groom's boutonniere and a few blooms to preserve them! We also appreciate the fabulous satin linens (white table cloths and hot pink napkins) and silver chargers at The Westin. Daevid, your suggestions to use these were great. These items pulled our theme together, and everyone noticed! We constantly look at pictures of our guests' tables. THANK YOU! :)

Sent on 06/15/2011

Kristen · Married on 05/14/2011

Daevid did an excellent job with our flowers! The church looked incredible with the pew flowers and altar arrangements. We were so impressed with the entire look of the reception site as well. The arrangements on the tables stood out beautifully to really make an impact! Thank you Daevid's!

Sent on 05/27/2011

Tiffany · Married on 05/14/2011

My over all experience with Daevid and Stephanie was SPECTACULAR!!!! My centerpieces as well as linens, candles, bouquet etc was absolutely breathtaking! I have never seen anything like it....ever! Love love love Daevids of Norfolk!

Sent on 05/28/2011

ashley · Married on 04/30/2011

WOW!!!! AMAZING!!! Beautiful work!!! I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND DAEVID and his team for your wedding or other special event!! They did a fantastic job at my wedding , the guests are still raving about the flowers and other special touches that Daevid did!!! Very nice people to work with!!!

Sent on 05/17/2011

Christine · Married on 03/19/2011

LOVED EVERYTHING! Daevid and his assistant Stephanie are both fabulous - from start to finish I was so impressed. I sent Stephanie a million pictures to quote for the centerpieces and even though I went w/ the original proposal - she still kept promptly responding.

I could hardly even explain to Daevid what I wanted for the wedding and some how it turned it exactly how I wanted (well actually even better)! The centerpieces, wedding cake flowers, linens, plate chargers, the bridal party flowers and my bouquet were all absolutely stunning.

Daevid also helped me work within my budget - I told him what was most important to me and he made the whole thing work out perfectly! (Which given the fact we had about 20 people in the wedding party wasn't easy.) For example, we cut out flowers at the altar since I didn't care about that (which are super pricey) and he told me 5 reasons why that he agreed with that. Which I really appreciated since another florist had told me that is a "huge mistake", "empty space", and it was a "must".

All around extremely happy -fabulous!

Sent on 03/29/2011

sabrina · Married on 02/14/2011

Daevid's is 125% devoted to making sure your special day is breathtaking. His dedication is beyond expectation. After seeing his work on websites I trusted him in planning the decor for our wedding and it was more than I ever dreamed of. Thank you Daevid and staff

Sent on 03/08/2011

Nicolle · Married on 12/31/2010

It is my pleasure to give Daevid's an awesome review. I used them for flowers, linens and decor. Coming from an event planning background myself I have dealt with many different vendors in the past few years and when it was my turn to get married I was introduced to Daevid's only after a mishap with another vendor two weeks before my wedding. Literally, within a week and one visit to his shop they put together the vision that I had in my head. I was instantly at ease when I was told that, even with a weeks time frame, I would be able to get exactly what I wanted. Which, a week before your wedding, is really the only ok answer. They were professional, fast and most of all VERY talented in what they do. So I would like to tell them thank you! You saved my wedding at the last minute as well as my sanity! So if you are a bride and groom reading this..your search stops here!

Sent on 01/10/2011

Julie · Married on 12/18/2010

This team did an amazing job coordinating our wedding, arranging all of the decor and setup, as well as fabulous flowers. They were so helpful with taking the stress off of my and my mother. We really got to enjoy the party stress free. I would recommend them to anyone. They were also extremely helpful with pointing me in the right direction for other venders including venue, cake, lighting, transportation, dress, etc.

Sent on 01/03/2011
  • F

Faith · Married on 10/30/2010

I loved working with Daevid and Stephanie!

Sent on 01/15/2011

Stephanie · Married on 10/23/2010

We had a great time with Daevid and his talented team. We gave them some rough ideas of what we both wanted for the wedding, and then let them use their creaitivity for the final product. They were amazing and we had many compliments on the centerpieces and bouquets. It was a great experience!

Sent on 01/02/2011

stephanie · Married on 09/05/2010

I don’t know what to even say, Daevid saved my butt! I had planned to have a friend at work do my flowers for me but things just didn’t work out…. 3 days before the wedding I had no bouquet for myself. I had gotten a friends sister to make fake bouquets for my bridesmaids but I REALLY wanted real ones for myself. I called Daevid 3 days before the wedding and left a message…. Later that day his assistant called back and put him on the phone… I spent about 10 minutes on the phone with him (talking about my venue, my dress, my style and personality, and other little details). He said he could do it and the price was awesome! I thought I was going to be scrambling to find someone but he was my first and last call (recommended to me by a friend who used him for her own wedding). I cant believe how much stress it took off my shoulders and how great it was to not have to spend lots of time or money figuring out what to do! Daevid saved my day and I had the most beautiful flowers! Without even meeting me he made them match my personality just perfect just by talking to me over the phone! Better yet, people continue to talk about the flowers till this day! People loved them enough to even remember them! Thanks Daevid!!!

Sent on 09/20/2010

Desiree · Married on 07/31/2010

Davieds made my wedding experience one that will be truly remembered. My bouquets and boutineers were unbelievable. I would recommend them to anyone needing a beautiful arrangement for any occasion.

Thanks for everything!

Sent on 12/30/2010

Sarah · Married on 07/10/2010

Daevids is the hands down best Florist in Hampton Roads. He and his team have a unique perspective on floral design and you can tell their passion by their work. I met with David and immediately he grasped our wedding concept. We wanted unique but traditional and he delivered. He was incredibly flexible with budget and ideas. The thing that I valued the most was his personal touch. I needed to incorporate a few things from bouquets of my relativers and David did this with flair and elegance. Our flowers were a hit but only because of his take on the centerpieces.

Sent on 08/17/2010

angie · Married on 06/19/2010

Daevid did an amazing amazing transformation to the venue i chose. It was breathtaking. Did a superior job and almost seemed priceless..... he will not disappoint in any way. I did not cry at my wedding but the moment i saw the work Daevid did.... I'm pretty sure there was a tear in my eye.

Sent on 06/25/2010

Natalie · Married on 05/15/2010

Daevid is a true professional. My best advice to brides would be to hire the best in the area and then sit back and get ready for your fairy-tale to become a reality. When I walked in the ballroom on my wedding day, the beauty of the room literally took my breathe away. I had never seen anything so beautiful and then to know it was all done for me and my husband just made me cry. Daevid and Stephanie were THE BEST to work with!!!

Sent on 01/03/2011

Chrystal · Married on 04/23/2010

Words cannot describe how talented Daevid's of Norfolk is and how at ease they made me feel durring the planning of my wedding. My special day was absolutely amazing and I owe it all to Daevid's! They took care of all the florals and decor, it was breathtaking. I love how Daevid sits down with his brides to get to know them and their vision and then brings it to life, more than what you could ever imagine. Daevid has true talent and is very inspiring. Thank you Daevid's of Norfolk!

Sent on 02/15/2011

Bridget · Married on 04/10/2010

Daevid is a wonderful florist! He takes each case as if it were his only project, and the result is a display of flowers that is unique to every bride. He listens to requests and then develops a vision that surpasses all expectations. He has a great team to help him carry out the clients' wishes, and they don't miss a beat!

Sent on 12/30/2010

Latasha · Married on 04/03/2010

After an extensive search of florists, I was able to book Daevid's close to my wedding day and he and his team did a FABULOUS job with the decor and my flowers. With little to no time, Daevid was able to create a colorful, romantic and lively day for us to remember.

Sent on 01/04/2011

Stephanie · Married on 02/06/2010

Daevid's was wonderful! He was one of the first vendors I met with when starting to plan for my wedding. I came in already having my venue picked out along with my wedding dressed and bridesmaids dresses ordered. I told him a little about my personal style, the colors I had selected and of course some of my favorite flowers and he was able to just start creating an idea for my wedding that ended up being truly amazing. I had several guest after the wedding tell me they had never been to such a beautiful wedding. Daevid also recommended a lighting vendor, Blue Steel Lighting, which really tied all of his creations together by adding extra emphasis on the beautiful center pieces on each guest table and beautiful lighting on the pergola that was used for the alter! Everything was beautiful and I never once had to worry about anything, it was all perfect!

Sent on 01/02/2011

Juliette · Married on 08/29/2009

Daevid is flexible, creative and incredibly accommodating. He went above and beyond for our wedding. The decor was so unique and beautiful. He gives you a very personal experience. I would highly recommend him to anyone in need of a florist!

Sent on 11/18/2009

Brooke · Married on 05/31/2014

Daevid is amazing to work with! He is so creative and detail oriented. From the first meeting, he understood exactly what I wanted and completely exceeded my expectations. His design, professionalism, and expertise are unmatched. You will not find a better person to work with for your wedding flowers/design.

Sent on 10/18/2014