Daddy Cakes Bakery Reviews

Daddy Cakes Bakery 4
Daddy Cakes Bakery 5
Daddy Cakes Bakery 6
Daddy Cakes Bakery 7

They did everything that we wanted and they presented everything so well!

Sent on 08/08/2014

Curtis · Married on 10/26/2013

We had a bad experience with another caterer and went to Babette's seeking better responsiveness. Rudy was extremely responsive and very easy to work with. He was helpful in helping us prepare for the event. They were there on the day of the wedding on time and did an excellent job setting up and being ready They provided excellent service, provided an attractive display and served good food! We would highly recommend their service.

C Davis

Sent on 10/31/2013

Juliet · Married on 10/12/2013

We used Babette's Feast for our 10/12/13 wedding in Fort Collins, CO. They created our amazing wedding cake and various cupcakes and desserts, such as chocolate marquis and authentic French macarons. Rudy and Angie were so wonderful to work with and are absolutely amazing people! Everything was absolutely delicious and the display was gorgeous! We received so many compliments on how delicious our desserts were! Their macarons are melt in your mouth delicious!!! They even made up a little box for us to have before the wedding so the bridesmaids and I were able to get a pre-wedding sugar high! YUM! We wouldn't hesitate to hire Babette's again for any catering or baking needs that we have! Thank you so much, Angie and Rudy! We love you two! Beautiful job!

Sent on 10/31/2013

Marie · Married on 09/14/2013

When you book a caterer, there are so many things to consider: are they responsive, are they easy to get a long with, are they accommodating? etc.
    We were supposed to be married at Ellis Ranch on September 14th, but they cancelled the wedding due to the flooding. Rudy was with me every step of the way. We decided to have the wedding anyway, and at the time, there was only one bridge accessible to our house. We set him up in the garage and he happily provided the entire service that we had contracted him to perform... and more. The staff he provided were amazing and everyone raved about the service. Best of all, the food was delicious and plentiful. Babette's Feast was a referral from a friend (he catered their wedding) and I have nothing but great things to say about them. Hire them for your event, you will not regret it.

Marie Chamberlain and Rodney Gaines

Sent on 09/20/2013
  • Kate

Kate · Married on 09/13/2013

Babestte's Feast made our wedding cake for us and did a fantastic job. We wanted a flying pig as our cake and they made the cake to our specifications and were a pleasure to work with! The cake was also delicious!

Sent on 10/01/2013

candace · Married on 09/02/2013

I can't say enough about Rudy and his wife and staff. They did a wonderful job at our wedding this past Monday. Adapting to no running water, etc. due to our reception being in a field:). They were so professional and every guest raved about the food and service. I work in the wedding industry and I can say without hesitation that you will not be disappointed in trusting their services. Thank you Rudy for making our day so special!

Sent on 09/05/2013

Ashlee · Married on 08/16/2013

My husband and I chose Babettes Feast to make our wedding cake, and let me say that they did an absolute amazing job! They made this part of the wedding planning process so easy and the end result was exactly what I envisioned! If you want a wedding cake that your guests still talk about a year later, go with Babettes Feast!! The variety of flavors and the talent of design are incredible! We will definitely come back and order from them for any future events/occasions!

Sent on 08/18/2014

Jamie · Married on 09/23/2012

The most delicious cake I've ever had!!

Sent on 10/12/2012
  • Bonnie

Bonnie · Married on 09/18/2012

Our wedding cake was fabulous!!! One of my family members have Celiac Disease, so we wanted to be sure to get a gluten-free cake for our wedding. When we first started searching, there were many bakers that did gluten-free but only basic chocolate and vanilla which is what we sort of wanted but the taste was awful and dry – disappointing!! But then we were told by our venue to check out Babette’s. They not only did gluten-free but they were able to do it in any flavor. Plus they understood Celiac very well. It was exactly what we were looking for!! The cake was amazing, very moist and full of flavor. Our layers were (1) lemon/orange with lemon mouse filling, (2) rich chocolate with chocolate pistachio filling, and (3) vanilla with fresh strawberry filling. Working with Rudy and Angi, they made us feel very comforting in selecting the design, the flavors and any questions we had. Our wedding day cake was perfect and incredible. We were very happy and highly recommend Babette’s for your wedding cake or any event. We will certainly use them in the future. Super good, professional and remarkable!!!

Sent on 10/07/2012

Lisa · Married on 08/18/2012

Babette's Feast did a wonderful job catering our wedding of 150 people. The food was wonderful and the cake was so delicious! Working with Angi and Rudy was easy because of their prompt email responses and flexibility with changes we made along the way. Their wait staff were professional and everything was cleaned up perfectly at the end of the night (we had our wedding at my parents house outside). The catering crew used my parents kitchen to work in the day of the wedding and left everything clean and tidy as well as the outdoor areas. We will definitely recommend Babette's Feast in the future and will use them again for any event that we may have. Thank you Rudy and Angi! We appreciate your professionalism, service and your delicious food!

Sent on 08/28/2012

Brenda · Married on 07/16/2011

Babette created delicious and beautiful food for our reception! It was exactly what we wanted. She was flexible, very professional, and did a fabulous job!

Sent on 10/24/2011

Alexander · Married on 07/09/2011

Actually, Babette recently catered a dinner party of ours for our colleagues, although she had also catered both my and my daughter's weddings in the past! I cannot adequately express how wonderful she made all three of these occasions, with fantastic food, excellent presentation, and wonderful courtesy - our guests were made to feel that they were very special!

Sent on 07/21/2011

J · Married on 01/25/2007

very good quality

Sent on 07/24/2007

Stephanie · Married on 08/14/2005

Babette provided the most beautiful cake for our wedding, she went above and beyond with 2 very special cakes. The service was wonderful and her talent is endless! She has made several cakes for our family since our wedding and each time they are delicious and amazing!

Sent on 07/22/2011

Robert · event on 04/05/2014

I live in Bow WA and I have been to Fort Collins to Visit my Sister Sue. When I was there I had the great opportunity to meet with Rudy and Ange and have a taste of the best bakery goods in the whole world. the Carrot cake was my favorite. Well it was my birthday on April 5th and low and behold a carrot cake showed up at the door. How Amazing is that!!! We made lots of small slices and shared it with friends who thought it was the best cake they ever had.

We hope to caravan to Fort Collins and all share in the Bounty of Babette's Feast

Sent on 04/21/2014

Sarah · Married on 05/14/2009

Babette made the cake of our dreams!! And her style of cooking/baking is SO unique and so much better than American cakes. She was very easy to work with, and very flexible. In postponing our wedding a year, she let us use the deposit paid towards the next date we chose.

Sent on 06/05/2009

Daddy Cakes Bakery's reply:

Hello Sarah,

Thank you. I posted a picture of your cake on this site. It was a pleasure working for you.

Sara · Married on 06/20/2009

3.5

Babette was wonderful! She is so busy with all the wedding but she manages to stay very organized and knows everything there is to know about weddings! Thanks

Sent on 07/03/2009

Rachel · Married on 08/08/2015

4.2
      3.0

Our wedding cake was absolutely delicious! We ultimately chose Babette's Feast because I am gluten intolerant and we read good reviews of their gluten free cake. Their gluten free cake is amazing! One of our guests actually said he preferred it over the non-gluten free cake! Going in for our cake tasting was easy and Rudy was really open to working with our special requests. Apparently, just before our wedding, the owner was very sick, so things were a little bit scattered for the business, but they called to clarify what we were expecting and we got just what we asked for. It was great!

Sent on 08/23/2015

Blair · Married on 06/20/2009

4.2
      3.0

Babette was very kind and easy to work with, she just took a while to get back to us when we had questions.

Sent on 07/06/2009

Nicole · Married on 07/26/2015

3.6
      3.0

Babette's was good to work with. They made our cake exactly how we described it! I had wanted it delivered at 3 pm as I knew it was going to be a very hot day. They called me the Monday before to confirm details, but said they would deliver it at 12 pm. I explained that it was going to be outside, and I did not want it to melt. The latest they would come was at 1 pm. By the time we got to cake cutting, the frosting had completely fallen off, and the top two layers had tilted. The place I got married at removed the top two layers so that we could do our cake cutting on the bottom layer that still had frosting. But the pictures won't be the same as with a tiered cake. The cake tasted amazing, just frustrating that the cake melted because it sat out too long!

Sent on 07/29/2015

Mary · Married on 02/20/2011

3.6
      1.5
      3.5

Babette was great to work with. She was very kind and was able to accommodate a later evening appointment for us since our schedules are kind of crazy. She was not all that quick with her responses when we had questions or concerns. We did ask for a sketch of the cake design but never received one and it was already too late to change vendors although the cake was beautiful I was a little worried since I was not sure if she knew exactly what we wanted. The cake was all absolutely delicious especially if you are looking for something a little different than traditional flavors.

Update as of Feb 2012: Babette told us not to save our top tier as she would just make us a new one. I emailed her through her website asking about this and never got a response. We ended up buying a cake from another bakery to have on our first anniversary. :(

Sent on 03/04/2011

Daddy Cakes Bakery's reply:

Mary gave me a picture of the cake she wanted with the scroll design of her invitation. The sketch was not necessary since I had her picture in hand.