D Street Entertainment Reviews

D Street Entertainment 5
D Street Entertainment 6
D Street Entertainment 7

Lisa · Married on 04/26/2014

We had DJ Nate with D Street Entertainment for our wedding in April and he did an amazing job! He kept everyone on the dance floor and was so much fun. I couldn't have asked for a better entertainer for the night! He was personable, professional but fun, and played the best music. He was quick to get us a link prior to the wedding where we could indicate what kind of night we were looking for, but read the crowd and kept it flexible too... things that we requested! I wouldn't hesitate to hire these guys again!

Sent on 11/27/2014

Andy · Married on 04/19/2014

My husband and I are so glad that we used D Street Entertainment for our wedding. Initially, we weren't sure if we were even going to have a DJ (we were trying to save money by just renting equipment), and D Street Entertainment was the only vendor who was willing to work with us. After talking to them, we realized the scope of a DJ's responsibilities and were pleased to discover that D Street Entertainment's prices are incredibly reasonable/affordable, so we decided to upgrade and go for the full wedding-DJ package. Such a good decision!

Prior to the wedding, DJ Aetii took the time to meet with us to review the timeline for the ceremony/reception and to get a feel for the type of music we like. My husband and I created a list of general songs we wanted on the playlist, but we were worried about how the DJ would bring everything together given how different our tastes in music are (my husband likes heavy metal and classic rock; I like indie, pop, and hip-hop). To make things even more complicated, my mom's family and friends are from Puerto Rico and they wanted us to play a lot of Latin music, but we weren't really familiar with that genre at all.

DJ Aetii really listened to us, offered us guidance and advice, and helped us come up with an amazing playlist that everyone at the wedding enjoyed. His high energy is infectious, and he has an incredible talent for reading the crowd and knowing what song to play next. We got nothing but compliments on how great our DJ was, and one of our guests even paid him to stay an extra hour because they were having such a great time that they didn't want the party to end!

I can't thank you guys enough for making our wedding so much fun and memorable. I'd recommend you to anyone!!!

Sent on 04/23/2014

Amanda · Married on 03/22/2014

These guys are great! They did an awesome Job with our wedding and kept everyone dancing! I would highly recommend them!!!

Sent on 04/04/2014

Michael · Married on 02/28/2014

Probably the best Dj in Atlanta. Hands down. Was very professional punctual and kept our guests entertained throughout the entire wedding!! He took the time to really get a good feel of how we wanted to express ourselves to one another through music and he coordinated everything so it seamlessly transitioned from start to finish!! 2 thumbs up and hope to work with you again in the future!!

Sent on 06/10/2015

Christina · Married on 06/15/2013

Loved Derek and the Emcee that worked my ceremony and wedding! Before the night of the wedding, I was so worried that my guest would not get out on the dance floor with me. Knowing that I would want to dance the night away with my guests, I expressed this concern to Derek and he assured me that he would play the right music to get guests up out of their seats...and he did! Our guests had a blast dancing and I did as well. Derek was very professional and even let me put on the main headset and play DJ for a few minutes at my own wedding. It was a hit with my guests and we got some great pictures! We also used Derek for our rehearsal dinner. He provided us with a projector screen and computer for us to play our slideshow that night. He honestly did such an amazing job and I have already recommended him to multiple friends of mine who are engaged! Thank you so much Derek!

Sent on 07/02/2013

D Street Entertainment's reply:

Thanks so much for your great review Christina! To read it, I had to sign up on Wedding Wire. So...now I'm on here, and hopefully we'll be able to spread our name. The picture of you with the headphones came out so great! My favorite bride in headphones pic!!!

Jamie · Married on 10/23/2010

We booked Derek through another DJ service and couldn't have been more pleased with his services. He DJ'd for our wedding(ceremony and reception) and really knew how to get the crowd going and what type of music to play (my list of songs for the reception wastotally off and definitely wouldn't have kept everyone dancing all night like Derek did). Everyone kept telling us and has continued to tell us what a wonderful time they had, and that they had never been to an event where everyone was dancing all night!

After meeting with him for the initial DJ consultation, we also used his lighting services, which ended up being beautiful!

I highly recommend Derek for anyone looking for a DJ, who knows how to work a crowd and have a good time; I also recommend him to anyone looking for a wonderful lighting effect for their event.

Sent on 11/03/2010
  • User5623163 · 1+ year ago

Chris was our DJ at our wedding and he was great! Totally went with the flow as things changed and never once seemed flustered or annoyed. The music was great and he was great! D Street Entertainment is definitely the way to go for DJs!

Sent on 10/13/2017

Jessica · Married on 09/17/2016

I used D Street Entertainment for my wedding this past September and they did a wonderful job! DJ Aetii did a fantastic job keeping both me, my husband and my guest happy with a wide variety of music. They defiantly played a little something for everyone! The only half down fall I had was that they didn't play one song of my must plays (or if they did my husband and I did not hear it). We wanted to dedicate a song to those family members and friends who have passed on and couldn't be there. However, everything else was excellent! I would highly recommend using D Street Entertainment for any of your DJ needs!!

Sent on 12/13/2016

John · Married on 09/04/2016

Jay Page was our DJ. We had a great experience with him both planning and communicating and during the wedding reception itself. He was recommended to us by a friend who said it was worth a couple hundred extra bucks to book him and he was right. We met Jay in person over a month before the wedding to go through everything, and the first thing I said to my (now) wife was, "That man comes across as a professional, and I have no doubt he will do a good job at what we are paying him to do." As far as the reception itself he was early and well setup. Sound quality and volume was great. He even helped us sound check our ceremony band which was not part of his job. He did just the right amount of MCing for the special dances and speeches. He was friendly and outgoing, but not overboard. He helped us incorporate an Italian tarantella dance smoothly. I also liked his timing on track changes, meaning he didn't usually play full tracks cause they get long, but seamlessly changed them out at the right times so that we could pack more tunes into our reception and to keep good dancing momentum going. We got lots of complements about him from our guests too. Thanks Jay! ( I gave 4.9/5 because we played some phone tag with the company which was totally reasonable, and the website was down which made understanding some of the package options a little slower than other companies we were considering.)

Sent on 11/08/2016

DJ Aetii was AMAZING! The ceremony music was beautiful, and the supplied mic for our officiant was definitely a good call for our outdoor wedding. The reception was absolutely perfect! The DJ booth looked great and the lights were awesome! He did a fantastic job of introducing the bridal party as we walked in and did all he could to get people on the dance floor! I would definitely recommend these guys to anyone I know that needs a DJ for anything!

Sent on 06/14/2016

Raleigh · Married on 04/30/2016

I honestly could not give high enough praise to DJ Aetii. I used a venue that already came with a DJ, but after having heard him DJ at a wedding beforehand, I knew it was well worth it to use him instead. My venue's staff had very strict restrictions and could be a little overbearing with their specific wants, but DJ Aetii handled it like a pro. He was flexible, adaptable, calm, collected, and kind. Not only was he able to adapt to my specific venue's needs, but he perfectly tailored the wedding experience to us as a couple. As a huge Beyonce fan, he even played a short "Beyonce concert" for me. :) In the words of one of my guests, "I don't think anyone here will ever forget your DJ. He is SO AMAZING!" He knew how to work the crowd, get everyone excited and upbeat, and definitely laid the groundwork for a rockin' dance party. DJ Aetii is an artist who effortlessly flows one song to the next, all-the-while examining the crowd, learning their style, and adapting his next move to fit the mood. In case you couldn't tell - he's great, and you really can't find better. You'd be foolish to go with anyone else!

Sent on 06/16/2016
  • User6029502 · event on 12/05/2015

D Street Entertainment was very helpful in booking DJ Chris Ware for our private corporate event. Chris was great! He showed up on time, set up quickly and was incredibly professional and friendly. Our guest really enjoyed the music. I will def call D Street Entertainment again for future parties.

Sent on 12/07/2015

Alison · Married on 05/01/2016

Jay was incredibly helpful and responsive as we put together our ceremony and reception! When we made last minute edits, he was quick to respond that our songs had been updated (even the night before the wedding!). We loved dancing the day away with our friends during song after song. I would highly recommend D Street Entertainment!

Sent on 11/15/2016
  • Karissa

karissa norfleet · Married on 11/10/2018

DJ experience

Derek was responsive and understanding of what I wanted for the evening. We made a few adjustments during the night and he was quick and flexible to get us what we needed. Very kind and easy going!

Sent on 11/13/2018

D Street Entertainment's reply:

Thanks Karisssa! I was excited for the opportunity to be there for you and Joey. You make an excellent couple!

0.0

I used Chris Wares for my wedding and he was pretty terrible. He did absolutely nothing. I am thankful that I had a second Emcee at the wedding otherwise, my wedding would've been ruined.
    I will not advise anymore to use them because they are not professionals at what they did especially Derek Binette. We called him to complain about Chris's performance and his response was that he was having dinner with a girl.

Chris is a liar. Beware!

Sent on 11/01/2014

D Street Entertainment's reply:

This was a nightmare event from the beginning. I have never dealt with a wedding planner as unexperienced and unorganized as we did on this wedding. I went above and beyond during the planning stages. The wedding planner didn't know how to make a wedding timeline, so I developed a timeline for the event. There seemed to be confusion all the way up until the big day. She only used our services to provide an emcee, meaning they brought in another DJ and Emcee. The DJ's mixer only had one microphone input (despite our requirement for two inputs), so only one emcee could talk at a time. The room was 90% international, and the other emcee spoke the language. Chris Ware didn't know what the other emcee was saying, and couldn't translate. The drama that ensued behind the scenes occupied most of Chris Ware's time during the night. Between bridesmaids fights, late vendors, and a useless wedding planner Chris Ware was doing all he could to keep the event together. I have never spoken to the bride. But, when the groom called me after the event, we spoke at length about the wedding planners lack of experience and Chris Ware's role during the event. I felt good about the conversation knowing that we achieved closure. It was disappointing to read this review. We always go above and beyond, and our clients happiness is our top priority. I felt like I threw Chris Ware into the wolves with this event, I'll definitely be weary about events like this again.