D Street Entertainment Reviews

109 | Kennesaw, GA

109 Reviews for D Street Entertainment

J · Married on 05/29/2016

We cannot say enough great things about working with DJ Jay! Our venue set us up with him and we could see why they recommended him from our first contact with him. Jay is a talented professional who is passionate about what he does. He was prompt in reaching out to us and quick to respond to any questions we had. Our meeting with him to talk music was relaxed and so fun as we planned our events. His knowledge of both music and weddings helped us so much as we planned for a fun wedding day that flowed. Jay made helpful and personal suggestions; he really listened to our wants and helped us plan a personal and fun wedding. His prompt communication made music the least of our worries for our wedding day because we knew we could trust him.

On the day of our wedding, our ceremony found us a little behind schedule for the reception; Jay helped us to recover the time so that we were able to fit all the events in our reception without feeling rushed or stressed and our guests never knew our day's timeline had gotten a little off track.

In addition to his professional manner, Jay is an amazing DJ! Everyone LOVED Jay's sets at our reception! The dance floor was packed the whole time. We are still getting compliments on the great time people had at our reception and we have Jay to thank for that! He played a great mix of music and everyone (all ages) had a blast!

In summery, if you are looking for a professional, knowledgeable, organized DJ who has a passion for what he does and will work with you to have a fun, memorable wedding that reflects you as a couple, DJ Jay is your man!

Sent on 08/21/2016

Paige · Married on 05/22/2016

My wedding was May 22 and our DJ was Jay. He was amazing. Announced everyone's names correctly and was on time with every song. We upgraded to the peach package and it was money well spent! Definitely wouldn't have been the same without him there. Thanks for everything!!

Mandy · Married on 05/21/2016

We found D street Entertainment through our venue's preferred vendor list. Honestly, we didn't know many DJs in the area so we just went with them. Boy, did we luck out!! We could have never dreamed of a better company, nor a better DJ for our wedding. Jay aka DJ Aetii was top notch. From the time we met him to when we were getting in the limo, he was fantastic through it all. We had our ideas and wants, but Jay also offered his own flair and advice to make our ceremony one people would never forget! We absolutely loved his suggestions and he took all of ours without question. He even let me "scratch" with him during the ceremony and I now have a picture that I can look back on to remember who was responsible for an awesome dance party! Thanks Jay and D Street!

• Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 05/13/2016

My husband hired Jay (DJ Aetti) for an event he hosted for Red Bull and we fell in love with him. He was an AMAZING DJ - He went above and beyond to make sure we had the best wedding possible. My husband and I both wanted nothing but a PARTY for our wedding and Jay was completely understanding of that and delivered it perfectly. We were able to map out the night with him and provide him as many details as we wanted to give and he made sure everything happened. He offered a variety of packages and kept the process easy and simple! Every introduction and transition was smooth and he kept the night alive until the very end!

I have yet to find another DJ that matched his skill (I have been to a good number of weddings!) My husband and I both absolutely recommend Jay Page!

Sent on 08/18/2016

Brittany · Married on 04/30/2016

We used DJ Chris with D Street and LOVED HIM!!! Leading up to the event he helped guide me in what ambiances fit which parts of the evening and he nailed it!! The lighting and sound was perfect. At points he was out on the dance floor with guests leading the party!! I would HIGHLY recommend this company and particularly Chris!! We even had to make a last minute ceremony switch to indoors and it didn't throw him off one bit!

Sent on 05/08/2016

Amy · Married on 04/17/2016

D Street Entertainment came with our wedding package at the Wheeler House and we could not have been more satisfied! We went for the basic package and it was still amazing. Jay was very willing to work with us even though we asked for some weird things. They day of we had Jay as DJ and Derek as MC. BOTH were amazing and we still get compliments on our wedding DJ. They just helped the day run smoothly and remained flexible while keeping it entertaining. People actually danced at our wedding so we were pretty pleased about that!

Sent on 08/14/2016

Emily · Married on 03/19/2016

DJ Aetii did such a fantastic job at our wedding. He was so professional and helpful during the planning process. He took me through a proposed timeline for the night and we talked about the mood we wanted to music to set during each section. He was very accommodating to any changes that I had in song selection or how I wanted the evening to flow. The night of the wedding was so much fun! My family and friends had such a great time dancing and partying the night away to the awesome music DJ Aetii had playing for us. You definitely can't go wrong with trusting him to lead one of your most important nights!

Sent on 08/05/2016

No doubt, you will read a lot of reviews saying how great their wedding DJ was. But honestly, hand on heart, look no further. Book Jay! You will not find a more professional, diverse and, quite simply, awesome DJ!

We met Jay at a friends wedding party in Atlanta. We were blown away by his music selection and his interaction with the party. The party actually begged him to stay on and play for another hour as everyone was having so much fun! Ever the professional, Jay duly obliged and afterwards we left with tired feet from dancing, ears buzzing from incredible tunes and huge smiles from having such a great time.

Fast forward 12 months, my wife and I were looking for a DJ to entertain our wedding party. We live in New York so were pretty spoilt for choice on who to book for our party. However, we kept finding ourselves saying 'We need someone like Jay'! Put simply, we couldn't find anyone that matched Jay's unique skill and style we were after. So, it made only sense to book him and fly him out to New York!

Leading up to our party, we Skyped with Jay to discuss the venue, which wedding guests were attending, format of party, speeches, food, lighting, what music to play during eating/first dance/cake cutting/after speeches/dancing, etc. His attention to detail is meticulous. What with Jay's experience at playing at weddings, he helped guide us on the streamline and flow of the party which we had initially overlooked.

The day before the party I met Jay at the venue and we went through the finer details. Again, Jay took notes and made suggestions. He is always looking to make your party the best it can be. I have to add too that, we held our party in a restaurant and Jay sourced all the equipment and lighting for us just so it was right.

The party was epic. Everything was perfect. Jay serving as MC was impeccable and the music was simply amazing!

Honestly, PLEASE book Jay and his team - I promise you won't be disappointed :)

Sent on 02/10/2016

D Street Entertainment's reply:

OMG. Thank you for such kind words I can't imagine anyone saying it better. You made me feel good about my life. Thanks for going above and beyond and writing that amazing review. - Jay

Jacqueline · Married on 11/07/2015

I am happy to write this review for our wedding Dj, Jay Page. I selected Jay as my Dj after hearing such good things about him from the girl who referred me to them. We had a fairly small wedding, with only 50 guests at the Georgian Terrace in the Peidmont Ballroom. Everything was excellent, especially the fact that Jay basically ran the entire night seamlessly, to the effect that I didn't need a day-of coordinator! We had three meetings, the first was to meet us, the second was to view the venue, and third was to go over our music choices. Jay arrived with more than enough time for set-up too, so no worries there. He's a very cool guy and after our meetings we really felt like he knew us and we knew him. He also got everyone dancing and partying - which is the most important part. Thanks Jay!!!!

Sent on 06/23/2016

Jill · Married on 10/16/2015

Jay was the DJ for our wedding at the Wheeler House. We got SOOO many comments from our guests at how good he was and how FUN he was! He even got out on the dance floor with my 12-year old nephew to do the Whip and Nae Nae with him....which thrilled everyone because Jay was ALREADY a hit with the crowd! During the planning process, my fiance and I really put Jay through the ringer with wanting to over-engineer our music a bit, but he was very patient with us, and carried out our requests perfectly. He was really good at reading the crowd and shifting the music to keep the energy going...or to tone it down when needed. I highly recommend D Street Entertainment and Jay for your wedding, party, event...whatever! Jay was HUGE in making our our ceremony and reception very special and memorable!

Sent on 10/29/2015

Brittany · Married on 10/09/2015

We had Jay as our DJ for our wedding and he made it absolutely amazing. Everyone had so much fun! He picked the perfect style music for each time of the night. He had little "activities" to get the crowd involved and they loved it. He took the time to sit down with us and listen to what we wanted and followed through completely. We would definitely recommend D Street Entertainment to anyone!

Sent on 10/15/2015

DJ Derek B., was more than we could've ever asked for! He was amazing, even worked with our crazy day AND found an obscure song on youtube that the groomsmen adore. He made our wedding perfect. Oh and talk about the BEST Bridal entry EVER!!!! It was perfect! Thank you so much for being awesome, our friends are STILL talking about how great a party our reception was!

Sent on 12/06/2015

Kelsea · Married on 09/19/2015

DJ Aetii was the entertainment for our September 19th Guntersville, AL wedding. He went above and beyond to give us everything we asked for and more; and did so with the highest degree of professionalism. Everything from the ceremony to the reception went so smoothly because of the thorough planning and flawless execution and Jay's part. We were watching the footage of the ceremony and reception and noticed little things he said and played to ensure seamless transitions during both the ceremony and reception. He kept people on the dance floor all night long and everyone raved about him for weeks after. I recommend DJ Aetii 110%!!

Sent on 11/19/2015

Jessica · Married on 09/06/2015

DJ Jay is by far the best dj ever! He was very helpful and met with us multiple times to help go over and pick out our songs for our wedding. When you have everybody at your reception out on the dance floor dancing, the thanks goes to the dj!!!

Sent on 11/16/2015

Victoria · Married on 08/22/2015

D Street Entertainment and Jay Page (DJ Aetii) were the absolute best investment I'd made into my wedding. Jay is more than a DJ, he is an emcee and an absolute showman. He had every guest on the dance floor all night! He reminded guests to visit our photo booth, sign our guest book, etc. Every single guest and I'm not exaggerating here, every guest kept talking about how amazing he was! We had several people ask for his contact information afterwards too!
    I feel like at a lot of wedding receptions you hear all the same songs and people don’t stay on the dance floor for too long. Jay took a real interest in making sure we had a wedding reception customized to fit our style. He asked what we liked to hear helped create the party atmosphere we wanted. Brides are always nervous their reception will be boring, or people won’t dance, etc. If you book D Street, that won’t happen!
    At our reception, Jay created so many wonderful moments it’s hard to pick a favorite. The Soul Train line dance, Jay coming out to the dance floor and rapping to Usher’s “Yeah!”, the glow sticks, the garter toss dance, there are too many to list. One of the best for me was when Jay handed me the microphone and played Taylor Swift’s “Shake it Off”. He remembered how much I like that song and I was out there dancing and singing with all my guests and it’s a memory I’ll never forget! He really went above and beyond! People of all ages couldn’t stop talking about how amazing he was. If you want your guests dancing and celebrating nonstop, and talking about your wedding for years to come…hire Jay Page and D Street Entertainment. You can’t get any better than them!

Sent on 10/05/2015

Sharon · Married on 06/26/2015

"This was the most fun wedding I have ever been to." Said by many at my daughter's wedding which Jay from dstreet served as DJ. Indeed from the music for the ceremony to the party time reception Jay kept the energy high. Dancing bridal party down the aisle and an evening of dancing for all ages brought smiles and laughter to the event. Jay also emceed the events of the evening in an attitude of celebration keeping us on task amidst the fun. We began our journey in December when we met with Jay and got his very detailed planner which gave the bride opportunity for input to music at every juncture and helped us keep up with details. Jay stayed in touch with us up through the event. He and his able assistant had microphones where they were needed, silence when it was called for and pumped the celebration that lit up the night. We are grateful for all the ways that Jay and dstreet made this wedding a memorable event.

Sent on 07/03/2015

Leah · Married on 06/20/2015

I found Jay Page and D Street Entertainment through WeddingWire - and boy am I lucky that I did! I reached out to him with a few preliminary questions about setting up an appointment and received a response that day, and we ended up setting up an appointment within 24 hours! I could not have been more impressed when I met him. He was incredibly kind and accommodating, and he made this nervous bride feel completely comfortable and prepared for everything that would happen on our special day. He thought of everything, even music I didn't think of! He hand prepared my package to fit my budget and never pressured me to spend more than I was comfortable with.

On our wedding day, I can't tell you how many compliments we received on Jay Page and D Street Entertainment. The ceremony music was perfectly timed, and the cocktail mix that Jay picked fit our vibe perfectly. The reception, wow, the reception! Jay is one of the few DJ's who actually know how to read the room and play the music that takes the party where it needs to go. There was never a bare dance floor. The shining moment for us was when he climbed up on a chair and rapped one of the songs to all of our guests- I'll never forget it!

A guest of ours approached us after she got engaged and requested D Street's information, and she ended up using them, which means we were able to experience Jay's skills as a guest as well! Again, he didn't disappoint and was just as professional and entertaining as he was at our wedding! He even remembered me and my husband, and played our chair-rapping song as a special shoutout to me, which made us feel incredibly special and also so very nostalgic. He even played music that made my shy husband rock it out on the dance floor. I am so happy we chose Jay Page and D Street Entertainment, we could not have made a better choice. If you're looking for a professional, lively, wonderful DJ and company, D Street is the way to go! You will never be disappointed.

• W

Whitney · Married on 06/13/2015

We gave our DJ a little bit of guidance as to what type of music we were wanting and prepared him for the crowd that was going to be present at our wedding. Other than that we let him do his job and had a fantastic time!

Sent on 07/05/2015

Katie · Married on 05/24/2015

We had Derek and Teddy for our wedding and reception. They were incredible and so much fun! They made our planning so seamless and were very easy to work with. They were a blast and kept everyone on the dance floor throughout the entire reception! The quality and professionalism was over the top!

Sent on 06/15/2015

Lisa · Married on 04/26/2014

We had DJ Nate with D Street Entertainment for our wedding in April and he did an amazing job! He kept everyone on the dance floor and was so much fun. I couldn't have asked for a better entertainer for the night! He was personable, professional but fun, and played the best music. He was quick to get us a link prior to the wedding where we could indicate what kind of night we were looking for, but read the crowd and kept it flexible too... things that we requested! I wouldn't hesitate to hire these guys again!

Sent on 11/27/2014

Andy · Married on 04/19/2014

My husband and I are so glad that we used D Street Entertainment for our wedding. Initially, we weren't sure if we were even going to have a DJ (we were trying to save money by just renting equipment), and D Street Entertainment was the only vendor who was willing to work with us. After talking to them, we realized the scope of a DJ's responsibilities and were pleased to discover that D Street Entertainment's prices are incredibly reasonable/affordable, so we decided to upgrade and go for the full wedding-DJ package. Such a good decision!

Prior to the wedding, DJ Aetii took the time to meet with us to review the timeline for the ceremony/reception and to get a feel for the type of music we like. My husband and I created a list of general songs we wanted on the playlist, but we were worried about how the DJ would bring everything together given how different our tastes in music are (my husband likes heavy metal and classic rock; I like indie, pop, and hip-hop). To make things even more complicated, my mom's family and friends are from Puerto Rico and they wanted us to play a lot of Latin music, but we weren't really familiar with that genre at all.

DJ Aetii really listened to us, offered us guidance and advice, and helped us come up with an amazing playlist that everyone at the wedding enjoyed. His high energy is infectious, and he has an incredible talent for reading the crowd and knowing what song to play next. We got nothing but compliments on how great our DJ was, and one of our guests even paid him to stay an extra hour because they were having such a great time that they didn't want the party to end!

I can't thank you guys enough for making our wedding so much fun and memorable. I'd recommend you to anyone!!!

Sent on 04/23/2014

Amanda · Married on 03/22/2014

These guys are great! They did an awesome Job with our wedding and kept everyone dancing! I would highly recommend them!!!

Sent on 04/04/2014

Michael · Married on 02/28/2014

Probably the best Dj in Atlanta. Hands down. Was very professional punctual and kept our guests entertained throughout the entire wedding!! He took the time to really get a good feel of how we wanted to express ourselves to one another through music and he coordinated everything so it seamlessly transitioned from start to finish!! 2 thumbs up and hope to work with you again in the future!!

Sent on 06/10/2015

Christina · Married on 06/15/2013

Loved Derek and the Emcee that worked my ceremony and wedding! Before the night of the wedding, I was so worried that my guest would not get out on the dance floor with me. Knowing that I would want to dance the night away with my guests, I expressed this concern to Derek and he assured me that he would play the right music to get guests up out of their seats...and he did! Our guests had a blast dancing and I did as well. Derek was very professional and even let me put on the main headset and play DJ for a few minutes at my own wedding. It was a hit with my guests and we got some great pictures! We also used Derek for our rehearsal dinner. He provided us with a projector screen and computer for us to play our slideshow that night. He honestly did such an amazing job and I have already recommended him to multiple friends of mine who are engaged! Thank you so much Derek!

Sent on 07/02/2013

D Street Entertainment's reply:

Thanks so much for your great review Christina! To read it, I had to sign up on Wedding Wire. So...now I'm on here, and hopefully we'll be able to spread our name. The picture of you with the headphones came out so great! My favorite bride in headphones pic!!!

Jamie · Married on 10/23/2010

We booked Derek through another DJ service and couldn't have been more pleased with his services. He DJ'd for our wedding(ceremony and reception) and really knew how to get the crowd going and what type of music to play (my list of songs for the reception wastotally off and definitely wouldn't have kept everyone dancing all night like Derek did). Everyone kept telling us and has continued to tell us what a wonderful time they had, and that they had never been to an event where everyone was dancing all night!

After meeting with him for the initial DJ consultation, we also used his lighting services, which ended up being beautiful!

I highly recommend Derek for anyone looking for a DJ, who knows how to work a crowd and have a good time; I also recommend him to anyone looking for a wonderful lighting effect for their event.

Sent on 11/03/2010