Cynthia's Sewing Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

• Taylor
    Taylor B. Married on 11/09/2019

Great work

Cynthia was amazing to work with. My dress had 7 layers that needed to be hemmed and the dress had to be taken in some. She was so helpful and had great ideas that made it so easy.
  • Christin
    Christin Married on 05/11/2019

Amazing alterations experience

Cindy did a PHENOMENAL job with my dress. There were quite a few changes including my wanting to add some sort of strap and she went out of her way to make that happen for me! My dress needed over 8 inches hemmed and has a delicate lace pattern throughout and lining the bottom, and she did an absolutely beautiful job reconstructing the bottom of the dress. She paid close attention to detail to be sure I was comfortable and everything was as perfect as it could be! She was personable and I had no doubts after my first appointment about leaving my dress in her hands. It is clear that she loves working with brides and is genuinely happy for each bride she works with. Absolutely a pleasure to work with. I cannot more highly recommend her!
    Rebecca Married on 11/12/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Cindy is a phenomenal seamstress! She was my favorite person that I met while planning my wedding. I purchased my lace dress "off the rack", so I needed it hemmed (like 8 inches taken off the bottom), straps shortened, bustles added, and I needed some small rips/tears in the lace repaired. Since the dress had been on the rack in the store, it had a little wear and tear that needed to be sewn up. Cindy got my dress looking brand new and beautiful in no time! She is clearly a very experienced seamstress. I never once worried about how my dress would turn out. She is just lovely to work with and a very nice person. Her home is clean, and she has a room set up in the front for all of her fittings. I also purchased a veil and beaded sash that she had handmade herself. They were gorgeous! I would recommend her to anyone!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Amanda Married on 10/14/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Cindy did the most amazing job on my wedding gown alterations, head piece alterations, and veil. She went above and beyond to ensure that I was satisfied with the work that she did, and was extremely timely and affordable. I am SO glad that I went to her, and would recommend her to all brides! I can't wait to wear my beautiful ensemble in a couple of months. Thank you so very much, Cindy!
    Heather Married on 07/16/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Cindy was absolutely amazing. Very reasonable pricing and the alterations were wonderful, she will make sure it looks great and not finalize anything until it's perfect. My dress looked like it was made exactly just for me by the time she was done and she also took out the boning to make it look more natural in the upper bodice. She also took off an embellishment and replaced it with navy blue ribbon per my request and added in a french bustle which looked very nice on the day of! I can't wait to send her photos of how it all turned out once my photography edits are completed!
  • User2652097 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I was so glad that I chose Cynthia's Sewing for my alterations! She did a great job with my dress, and was so kind and patient, truly wonderful to work with. Once she was done with it, my dress fit perfectly, was much more comfortable, and had a beautiful bustle. Her work was very affordably priced, and I would highly recommend her.
  • Anneliese
    Anneliese Married on 05/21/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Cindy altered my wedding dress, as well as a couple of accessory items for other girls in my wedding. Her friendly, professional service puts you right at ease and her alterations were absolutely perfect! She is so caring and ensures each one of her clients is happy, and provides timely, reasonably priced service. I would definitely recommend her for any alterations you may need - she will do it right!
    Stephanie Married on 01/02/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Cindy was AMAZING to work with. She was so sweet and caring of what I wanted for my wedding day and she made me feel very comfortable during all of my fittings. She did a wonderful job altering my wedding dress, it fit perfectly. I liked her so much that I went back with a bridesmaids dress for a wedding that I was in and I will be using her for my next bridesmaid dress as well. Her services are very reasonably priced and she has a great turn around time. I will be referring my family and friends to Cindy whenever they need something altered.
    Ashley Married on 12/19/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Cynthia is highly skilled in what she does and I felt completely comfortable leaving my newly purchased dress with her! When I returned, the alterations were exactly as we had discussed and that was the first moment that it truly felt like my dress. It fit perfectly and I felt beautiful in it! Her work is flawless and reasonably priced. I would highly recommend!
    Melissa Married on 11/07/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Cynthia was SO GREAT! She made sure that my wedding dress fit PERFECTLY and all the alterations that I requested were done flawlessly. Very reasonably priced and super professional. Thanks again, Cynthia!!
    Annie Married on 10/09/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I got my wedding dress fitted/altered by Cynthia. Let me say, it was WELL worth driving the 2 hours from Columbus to meet with her and get my dress altered by her. She was very professional, sweet, and I have to say, my dress fits AMAZINGLY! I can't wait to wear it again in October! I would 100% recommend Cynthia to anyone and everyone if they need anything altered.
    Thank you again, Cynthia!
    Allison Married on 10/03/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Cynthia is amazing at what she does. So friendly and she did an amazing job with the alterations on my dress! We were recommended to her by a friend and I am so happy that we went with her. My dress fit me perfectly.
    Melissa Married on 10/03/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Cynthia had to do a lot of work to my dress. It was a few sizes too big, and had a ton of beading. My mom was especially worried about some of the alterations, but Cynthia did a superb job. She's friendly and very talented. I was really impressed with her work and would recommend her to anyone. She has the cutest set up in her home and really makes you feel like family. If you need wedding dress alterations, Cynthia's Sewing is the place to go.
  • User2391062 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Cynthia did such a wonderful job with my wedding gown!! I am a petite girl and she was able to make my wedding dress fit me perfectly in both the length and around my waist. She was very patient with me and made sure I was 110% satisfied with my dress before I left. You can tell she truly loves what she does and wants her brides to feel and look amazing. I would highly recommend her and use her again for my alteration needs.
    Samantha Married on 06/12/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Cynthia is a miracle worker. She took the size ten dress I bought off the rack and sized it to fit my size two body. My mother, sister, and my self all got our dress altered by her. Highly recommend
    Lindsay Married on 12/13/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Cindy was excellent! My dress fit perfectly. She suggested some other ways to make my dress appear shorter without having to do some extensive altering due to the beading on the hem and saved me some money that way. She's prompt and attentive. She was able to sew in a piece of a shirt that belonged to my Father who recently passed, and having a piece of him close to my heart was precious. She did a fabulous job and I will be returning to her for any alterations needed in the future! She also did a wonderful job on my maid of honors dress.
    Erin Married on 11/15/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Cynthia did a wonderful job altering my wedding dress! She was professional and easy to work with, even making last minute adjustments at my pickup.
    Michelle Married on 11/09/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Very happy with the results of my wedding dress alterations!
  • User1848257 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Cynthia is absolutely fantastic!
    I was so excited when my dress came in, and went to try it on immediately at the shop, but it was too small! Turns out they had ordered it a size too small. I make an appointment with the alterations person at the gown shop, was double booked, and rescheduled twice before they said they couldn't fit me in.
    THANK GOD I found Cynthia! At this point, it was a month before my wedding, and I was terrified I wouldn't be able to find someone to do my alterations. She squeezed me in immediately, and did an AMAZING job. Thankfully, due to the stress, I lost enough weight to get into the dress. I had the bust tightened, the lining let out, and a bustle put in. Cynthia is calm, professional, fast, and does great work!
    Mary B. Married on 09/27/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Cynthia's Sewing made my dress fitting experience easy and unforgetable. Cindy helped me choose a custom-made veil, altered the length of my belt and fit my dress to my body like a glove. Oh and made the perfect bustle so I could dance the night away!
    Her prices are affordale and her talents are endless. I recommend Cynthias to any bride or bridesmaid.
  • User2013625 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I loved working with Cynthia! She made me feel very comfortable and was very prompt on getting in touch with me. I was very impressed with the work she did on my dress and veil. She listened to everything I said and never pushed her own opinion on me. She did such a great job, my mother went back to her to have her dress pants done as well as one of my bridesmaids dresses! She was able to flex around my schedule and always had everything done on time. Her rice was a lot less than other places I looked as well. She did a great job!
    Kristin Married on 06/21/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I would recommend Cynthia to any bride! She was so nice and understanding of all the details I wanted for my dress. I loved how my dress looked on me for my big day. She did a perfect job!
    Jenn Married on 06/07/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Cynthia was absolutely wonderful to work with! She listened to my concerns and was able to accommodate all of them. My dress turned out beautifully! I would definitely recommend her to anyone needing alterations!
    Laura Married on 12/21/2013
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Cindy is spectacular! I had used her services previously for a bridesmaid's dress. When I needed my wedding dress altered, she was my first and only call. She does extremely high quality work and is incredibly helpful. We wanted to add buttons down the back of my dress and she worked with us to determine how many and what quality that would look best with the dress for a reasonable cost. My mom also took her dress for the wedding to Cindy to have it altered and the quality was the same - excellent! I absolutely recommend Cindy if you need your dress altered!
    Kelley Married on 11/15/2013
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I had a great experience having Cindy alter my wedding dress. She was very professional and did all the alterations in a very timely manner. She was very fairly priced, and was always available and easy to get ahold of. I would definitely recommend Cindy for future brides!
illustration stars