Cutting Edge Entertainment Reviews

Cutting Edge Entertainment 3
Cutting Edge Entertainment 4
  • Jaime

Jaime · Married on 05/30/2011

AWESOME DJ - the perfect choice for our wedding! Kept the party going and was a pleasure to work with! Thank you!

Sent on 10/12/2011
  • User3119259 · 2+ years ago

Richie is the best! Highly recommend. He made my wedding's dance floor a BLAST! So professional and lovely to work with.

Sent on 03/08/2013

Noelle · Married on 05/21/2011

Awesome vendor! We worked with Brian as our MC and he was friendly, personable, helpful, etc. He catered to our husband and I more than our caterer. He also had great music, kept the party going and did everything we asked. SO many people commented about the good dancing at our wedding. One thing that I think it exceptional about cutting edge is that you have 2 people - a DJ and an MC which helps A LOT!

Sent on 06/07/2011

John · Married on 05/07/2011

Did a great job on both the outdoor ceremony music and the reception music. Everyone had a great time! Very organized and helped walk us through the whole process and song selection. Thanks!

Sent on 08/18/2011

Lindsay · Married on 04/30/2011

EVERYONE was on the dance floor all night at our wedding!! Richie was the BEST!!

Sent on 08/07/2017

Jamie · Married on 04/29/2011

Cutting Edge Entertainment was one of my favorite vendors for my wedding day. Richie did a great job the day of the wedding,and everybody had a great time. He was also great leading up to the wedding,and was easy to contact and promptly responded to emails. I also used Cutting Edge for lighting services. I highly recommend the uplighting..the room looked stunning,and exceeded my expectations. I have absolutely no complaits,great vendor!

Sent on 06/02/2011

Keri · Married on 04/02/2011

My wife Keri and I were referred to Richie and Cutting Edge DJ's by a trusted friend and it turned out to be a perfect match. From the beginning Richie worked closely with us to personalize every part of our wedding. He was open to all of our unique ideas and tastes, and at the same time drew upon his previous wedding experience. When the big day finally came we had an absolutely jam packed dance floor. We even had multiple side dance areas open up because the main one was so packed. Richie and Cutting Edge were able to perfectly read the crowd and to mix in our previously requested songs along with what the crowd was looking for. Most importantly to us, he avoided our extensive list of DO NOT PLAY songs. On top of the great music, as Emcee of the event Richie made the entire night flow perfectly. I personally recommend Cutting Edge DJs, and especially Richie for any wedding or event.

Sent on 05/26/2011

jarrett and · Married on 03/19/2011

Richie kept our wedding moving all night long and had the appropriate music playing for every different event of the wedding celebration. It was a wonderful wedding with great music and atmosphere!!

The service was especially amazing as we made some last minute changes to the reception minutes before the beginning but Richie and his crew handled it beyond our expectations. We do not have anything to say about the DJing but praises!!

Jarrett and Sheba

Sent on 07/11/2011

Trish · Married on 03/12/2011

I was a pretty laidback bride, to be entirely honest. I just wanted my guests to have a good time. My fiance and I had very little specific requests and basically told Richie, "We trust you-- do what you do best." And he did!

We loved Richie-- such a charismatic, sincere guy-- and we were so thrilled to have him as our MC. As we began planning our wedding, he was prompt to respond to random questions and some last minute issues we had with the reception-- always helpful and always cheerful. He asked us all of our preferences and also provided us suggestions that were helpful. He knew what he was doing, for sure. We were entirely confident in his ability to make our day awesome!

Richie laid out his plan for our reception in terms of the events and set lists. Everything at the reception was smooth as butter. The way the events were scheduled over the course of the night was awesome! He spread things out to give our guests something to look forward to and gave ample opportunity to get everyone involved.

I received SO many compliments about our DJ. Everyone-- and I mean everyone-- danced the whole night. We had limited alcohol and were afraid if people weren't loosened up, they wouldn't dance. That was not a problem! When we'd met with other DJs and told them our above concern, they kind of winced. Richie told us immediately that wasn't a problem-- and that it was his job to get people out there. He certainly did! We were so thrilled to see everyone have a good time.

We really cannot recommend Cutting Edge enough!

Sent on 04/01/2011

Megan · Married on 12/18/2010

Every review for Cutting Edge Entertainment on Wedding Wire is dead on. They are fabulous! The dance floor was packed all night. Two months later I'm still getting compliments. The great thing is that these compliments are coming from every age group and every taste in music. No one was left out.

Richie was our MC. He and our DJ played every song we requested and dozens more than I never would have thought of. When they played the theme song from Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, the dance floor went crazy!

It also was important to us that our wedding DJ not be "cheesy." Richie created the perfect balance between being super professional at all times and also being a lot of fun. His interaction with our guests was great. I still laugh now thinking about how he turned on the charm for some of the older women among our guests.

Bottom line - you won't regret Cutting Edge!

Sent on 02/16/2011
  • Matt

Matt · Married on 12/05/2010

I highly recommend Cutting Edge and DJ/MC Richie who made sure the party atmosphere of our wedding night was just as successful as the ceremony. Not only did he ensure everything went smoothly, but he did it with class and a whole lot of fun. The planning process, in particular, was where Cutting Edge set themselves apart from other vendors.

First off, we were able to get two DJ’s (Richie who acted mostly as MC and another young man who was sort of like an apprentice and I hadn’t met until the day of the wedding) plus uplighting for close to the price of what other vendors were charging for a single DJ. We found this to be a vital reason for the success of the evening, as Richie was able to spend time coordinating with the catering staff, making announcements and doing more “directing” than just standing behind a CD mixer. He was interactive with the crowd without being overbearing. The worst thing I could imagine is a DJ trying to “steal the show” at a wedding… and I’ve seen it plenty of times at other people’s affairs. Thankfully, Richie knew how to strike the right balance, while maintaining the right level of energy. While the price may have been a tad higher, we found it to be the biggest “bang for your buck” as far as the difference goes (you know, like $100 more in flowers adds very little value, $100 more in food gets you one more plate, while $100 more in DJ costs gets you a smoother operation that also LOOKS more upscale)

As for the lighting, the Cutting Edge options provided just what we needed for a fraction of the cost of “lighting designers.” To each their own but I couldn’t imagine spending more on lights than my videographer, which some lighting “artists” wanted to charge me. Cutting Edge added it in for very little extra cost and Richie and his crew were even able to install them at first in the ceremony space with a simple white light and then transfer them to the reception room, where the same lights produced vibrant blues, amber, etc. There were many color options all in the same light because they use LED, which also has the benefit of being energy efficient & cool to the touch (good for little kids) and reduces the chance of a fire in the middle of your wedding. Seriously!

The biggest reason I recommend Richie & Cutting Edge is that they listened to us. It was disturbing and shocking that certain competitors told us point blank “I won’t play the music the bride and groom want to hear, my job is not to listen to their desires, my job is to get people up and dancing so that guests will remember they had a good time and recommend me for future business.” Umm, I get that this is a business and all but as a contracted vendor you are working for ME, not referrals. Heck, if I hired you to play polka all night long that’s what you would do because that’s why I’m paying you. Fortunately, my wife and I have much better music tastes so it wasn’t an issue. And Richie was not only OPEN to playing songs we did want to hear, he made it FUN to talk about songs. We had a meeting for I’d say an hour where we sat around in the office and played songs off iTunes and went over different options for “events” such as Father-Daughter Dance or Cake Cutting. Richie had recommendations, while we also brought in a very long list of songs we liked and hoped to hear (and a handful of “must plays”) It helped him understand our style more and cater his setlist to our tastes. We wanted a mix of everything from Motown to Oldies to Beatles to Funk to Stevie Wonder to Michael Jackson to 80’s to modern danceable pop like Justin Timberlake, and he was knowledgeable about all of it. The most “alternative” song choice we had was entering to MGMT’s “Electric Feel.” Not only did Richie know the song right away, he had a few remixes as options. We felt comfortable immediately that Richie “got it” and were put at ease that our reception would have people dancing all night long. This, of course, turned out to be true.
    I also want to point out how important it was to have certain songs NOT played (i.e. chicken dance, line dances, Celine Dion, etc) and again, Richie took this into consideration and guaranteed a “do not play” list while other DJ’s threatened to “play whatever THEY wanted.” Insane!

Acting as MC also meant that Richie went over (and adjusted) a “timeline” of events with us in advance, which as the detail-oriented wedding planner groom that I was, I found really important. Of course it’s impossible to plan for everything at a wedding but having a meticulous schedule in advance made it feel more orchestrated than doing everything “on the fly”

One final note: Cutting Edge’s policy as far as I understand is to dress professionally, and Richie & crew showed up in black tie… so that should put your mind at ease about DJ’s who wear jeans to formal events.
    Overall, again, a big thumbs up for Cutting Edge and ask for Richie if he’s available!

Sent on 07/25/2011

Diane · Married on 11/20/2010

Craig was our MC, and Steve was our DJ. We were concerned that our guests were of varied ages (my fiancee and I are in our late 30s), and a lot of our guests were younger. We wanted a very eclectic mix, and Craig (the owner) brought a great understanding of our older crowds tastes, while Steve, his DJ, handled the more current stuff, and did a great job. Craig was interactive, and allowed our guests to actually sing into the microphone for lots of songs, which really let so many of our guests become more of participants than invited guests. We are still getting calls from friends (months after) and we could not have been more pleased. It was great to have a 2 man team, because all aspects were handled with precision.

Not only would we recommend Craig and Steve, but friends used Brian from Cutting Edge, who did as great a job as Craig. I didn't catch the name of the DJ who was with him, but again they were awesome (although I'm biased, and think my wedding was better :))

Sent on 02/03/2011
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 11/06/2010

Cutting Edge did our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception music. It was fantastic. They were incredibly detailed in our prep meetings and got everything together. They also did our lighting for the reception as well. It really made the room pop. The dance floor was full all night and my guests said it was the best wedding they ever went to - a true party. I can't reccomend them enough!

Thank you for everything especially during our music meetings. You spent so much time ensuring you understood us as a couple and our ideas, expectations, etc. We totally took to heart what you said about dancing all night and everyone else would – best advice ever!

The dance floor was never empty, except for the cake cutting, but was back to full capacity right after. And I can think of no other DJ that would track down Eric Cartman from South Park singing “Poker Face” for our reverse garter. You made our night so special!

Sent on 02/11/2011

Rebecca · Married on 10/16/2010

Right from the start my husband and I decided that the music was going to be one of the most important aspects of our wedding. We interviewed quite a few DJ's and when we sat down with Richie from Cutting Edge Entertainment, we were so pleased and excited and knew right away he was the one for us! I can not put into words how much of an incredible difference he made at our wedding. The precious moments were perfect with such sweet romantic music in the background and the party was incredible! EVERYONE, from young to old was up dancing and having a blast. Several people commented on what a wonderful DJ we had found. Many said it was the best wedding they've ever been to and that they hadn't had that much fun in years. Richie, another member from cutting edge , my husband and myself spent some time before our wedding just hanging out, talking about music and getting to know one another. This had such a positive effect on our wedding day because it wasn't just your typical wedding songs..it was music that really reflected who we are as a couple. I would recommend Cutting Edge, and specifically Richie to anyone. Out of the 4 million decisions that go into putting a wedding together, deciding on Cutting Edge was by far the best:)

Sent on 06/06/2011

Emily · Married on 10/10/2010

I wish that I could give them a 6 for quality!

My husband and I chose Cutting Edge thanks to the recommendation of an excellent friend. He told us that the company is great, providing a DJ AND an MC, lighting options, and always having extra equipment available in case of any issues. He raved about Richie, who is an MC but also mixes amazing beats and happens to be the best in the Philadelphia region. We met with him and were instantly convinced that he was the man for the job. He was professional, accommodating, and had a great confidence and vision, completely exceeding our expectations. Also, he helped us to pick some newer, non-cliche songs for our ceremony.

At the wedding, Richie set up the microphones for our ceremony and played the music that he helped us to pick. It was a huge success and felt very personal. On to the reception... Richie coordinated everything with the kitchen to ensure that the evening flowed smoothly, and he had the perfect choice of music to entertain guests of all ages. My parents commented how the volume was perfect, especially during the dinner hour. They were able to hold a conversation for as long as they could before we all just had to hit the dance floor. The entertainment couldn't have been better. Not only that, the price for a DJ and MC was as good as most companies who only provide a DJ, and trust me, you want both. Cutting Edge DJ Richie is as good as they get. Check out his blog on www.cuttingedgedjs.com

Sent on 03/16/2011
  • O

Omar · Married on 10/09/2010

Richie from Cutting Edge Entertainment was the MC for our reception. He also contributed music and ran the mics for the ceremony. He was fantastic. We had a lot of requests and thoughts on how we wanted the reception to go and Richie was very accommodating. The pre-wedding prep is thorough and fun. He worked with us to make our wedding exactly as we had envisioned it. Aside from playing many of the popular songs we wanted played at the wedding, Richie did a wonderful job with the Indian music my wife requested. He is comfortable behind the mic and does a great job at engaging the guests. He will keep the dance floor full. We highly recommend him.

Sent on 06/13/2011

Marc · Married on 09/26/2010

I'm originally from the Bucks County area and have been familiar with Cutting Edge Entertainment for many, many years (lots of Bar Mitzvahs during my youth). I also had a number of my friends working for the company as dancers or DJs-in-training. One of these friends was Rich Abrams whom I have known for 20 years. I ran into Rich at our 10 year high school reunion, he told me that he was DJing full time, and I immediately thought to ask him about my upcoming wedding. When I called to talk to him about this, he was beyond excited to help us out - including driving to our wedding site in Brooklyn, NY!

Leading up to the wedding, Rich was in constant contact and kept promising to make this "the most amazing day of your life - one that everyone will talk about". He didn't lie. He was more than flexible in terms of price, music selection, arrival time, amplifying our outdoor ceremony, microphone time, any every other aspect that we requested. The wedding went off without a hitch, everyone tells us what a wonderful time they had, and, in my opinion, it was largely due to the excellence of Rich and Cutting Edge Entertainment. I would definitely recommend them to anyone! Thanks, guys!

Sent on 03/16/2011

Cari · event on: 06/07/2014

Tony and the team did a GREAT job taking care of every last detail (even the ones that weren't their responsibility, like some things our caterer forgot to do) and making sure everyone had an awesome time. We had quite a few people ask us for contact info for their own events, which speaks volumes. My son and his friends had a blast and that was really the whole point...so kudos to Tony and the team and thank you!

Sent on 06/17/2014

Dianna · Married on 09/02/2010

My now husband and I only met with one entertainment company. After our meeting with Cutting Edge there was no doubt in our minds that there was no need for us to look any further. Our meeting with Richie was great. He was easy to talk to, helpful in picking out songs by playing them for us and if we didn't like them he would make other suggestions. He really took the time to go through our selections with us and wanted us to be happy.. The price was was by all means reasonable for the entertainment we received. Myself, my husband and ALL of our guests had a fabulous time! We danced until the last song was played. My feet hurt so badly after all the dancing that at the end of the night I had to give myself a foot massage. The hurt was well worth the pain!! You wont/can't go wrong by choosing CUTTING EDGE ENTERTAINMENT. Thank you for being a part of our wedding.

Sent on 05/04/2011

Justin · Married on 07/04/2010

Richie (and the rest of the staff) at Cutting Edge was fantastic to work with from beginning to end! He listened to what we wanted and made it happen. From intros to cake to special songs and dances all the way to the very last song it was exactly what we envisioned. I can honestly say of the dozens of weddings I have been to, I danced more at my own wedding! Seriously great time, I'd recommend Cutting Edge and Richie to anyone and everyone for a great wedding or party! Thanks!

Sent on 05/18/2011

Greg · Married on 06/06/2010

I'm writing this review for Richie Abrams at Cuttign Edge Entertainment. Richie did a fantastic job preparing for and executing our wedding day DJ services. I have to be honest, my bride and I thought we had all the "bases covered" with the music, but Richie was so "hands on" in thinking about and walking us through all the little details up front that we had absolutely nothing to worry about come our wedding day.

Besides that fact that Richie was uber professional and a great guy to work with, here's some more insight about Cutting Edge Entertainment in general:
    - the speakers and DJ equipment used sounded great
    - there package was flexible for our needs and we didn't feel pressured to "over-buy"
    - like I mentioned above, very professional and methodical in preparation
    - price was extremely reasonable (you get A LOT of service for the money!!)

Sent on 05/04/2011
  • F

Faye · Married on 05/23/2010

Craig and the team at Cutting Edge Entertainment are like the glue that will hold your wedding together. We had a band and a singer, but the DJ helped everything run smoothly and was well worth it. Craig is a really fun and caring man who will help guide you with the right choices without being pushy. What was great was that he needed very little prompting to get it perfect, so dealing with him during a very stressful planning time was actually a respite from all the wedding craziness. They are helpful, responsive and above all a fun company. I suspect you wont regret using Cutting Edge Entertainment. Book them!

Sent on 06/23/2010

Carly · Married on 03/06/2010

Cutting Edge did an amazing job at our wedding. The thing I remember most is that they brought so much music, even stuff that we forgot to request when we met with the DJ (Tony). There were a few songs that my bridesmaids were like "He has to play this!" and I was like omg, I forgot to request that stuff but it turned out he had EVERYTHING!! I was happy to know he didn't just bring the stuff I requested, but way beyond. He was very professional and cute, and my bridesmaids loved him. My dad loved it too because he played my parents wedding song, which was unexpected. It was all totally amazing.

Sent on 03/30/2010

Heather · Married on 12/12/2009

Cutting Edge Entertainment was a great find for our wedding. Our wedding was right before Christmas and I knew that I wanted a mix of different types of music at our wedding. I am a huge Disney fan and wanted to have some Disney music played but didn't want it to be extremely noticable. We decided to make an appointment and as soon as we walked in I knew this was the DJ for us! They have Disney memorabilia all over! I thought this is great, they will totally understand what I am trying to do with the music and still have the dance floor packed all night. We were not let down at all.
    Richie was our DJ/MC and from Cocktail hour to the end of the night we couldn't of been happier with his services. He did a great job of mixing in Disney songs during cocktail hour and then switching to dance songs for the rest of the night! Everyone still talks about what a great time they had.
    We honestly didn't worry about a thing all night!
    I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 02/16/2011

Joe · Married on 11/14/2009

These guys rock!!! They have an awesome staff and had answers for all our questions. As for the reception our DJ Richie had 95% our guest out on the dance floor the whole night. Everyone had a blast, they still keep asking when we going to have another party like that. I would highly recommend Cutting Edge to anyone looking for a DJ to provide entertainment for their event.

Sent on 04/27/2011