244 Reviews for Cutting Edge Entertainment

Liability Insurance (13)
Uplighting (12)
Photobooth (5)
229 Cutting Edge Entertainment Reviews

DJ Richie was nothing short of amazing! Richie had the entire dance floor filled throughout the night with his music variety. We had first seen him in action at my brothers wedding and knew that he was the DJ we wanted at ours. He was able to meet with us multiple times to go over the schedule and music selection. He is very responsive and has the perfect personality for a DJ/MC! Highly recommend him to anyone looking for an amazing DJ that will ensure you have a great time on your wedding day!

Profile Picture Patty, 6/10/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Cutting Edge Entertainment was phenomenal for the entire process. We tried to contact several large, well known and well reviewed companies in the Philadelphia area but Richie Abrams was by the far best at answering our questions and giving us the information we wanted in a timely manor. Richie connected us to our AMAZING DJ Jared Mitchell. We are out of town by about 2.5 hours �so getting into the city to meet Jared wasn't always the easiest. We facetimed for about 30 minutes just so he could get to know us a little bit better, and he worked with us to get everything organized on our schedule. He was instrumental in helping us figure out our schedule for the day of and did a great job letting us know when things like the cake cutting/first dance etc were going to happen. He timed my music absolutely perfectly for my walk down the aisle. We had requested that the music start with some older hits for our parents/grandparents and then migrate into current music to get the party started and he did exactly that! We didnt give him too many requests and let him feel the mood of the party and it was perfect. I had a friend come up to me after the wedding who asked if we had hand selected the playlist, and I wish I could have taken credit, but it was all Jared. I would definitely recommend them to anyone interested!

Profile Picture Nadia, 6/3/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

Cutting Edge Entertainment and DJ Richie MC'd my wedding this past weekend 5/28/17 at Radnor Valley Country Club. From the very first meeting, Richie (and the owner Craig) was very professional and organized in his plan for a flawless wedding reception. We spoke several times through the planning process to go over songs and timelines. He even went above and beyond to help me organize a personal recording to be played for my father and I to dance to. To boot, I changed our first dance song 4 days before, and Richie confirmed via text and email that all was good. He had our wedding guests dancing all night with a great mix of music, and he was an awesome MC! Cutting Edge provided lighting and a photo booth with our package, which was perfect (as we didn't want to go searching for those kind of extras separately!). We were THRILLED with our choice of Richie as our DJ and would 150% recommend his DJ services and/or Cutting Edge Entertainment to other couples in the future!

Profile Picture User7911092, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Absolutely had the best experience with cutting edge entertainment. Richie and the rest of the staff are awesome. Couldn't have asked for better service.

Profile Picture Timothy , 5/26/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Simply, THE BEST! Thanks for making my party perfect Craig. We danced the night away WOw

Profile Picture Katie, 5/14/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Cutting Edge Entertainment just DJed my wedding on April 1st. The whole process was easy with their staff with preliminary meetings and Skype sessions to ensure they knew exactly what we wanted. There pricing is very manageable on a tight budget or you can easily expand to include more services. Their MC, Tony, kept the night lively, moving, and worked extremely well with the other vendors. They provide a DJ along with the MC so their booth is never vacant. I would highly recommend them to any future groom and bride.

Profile Picture Nicholas, 4/1/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We interviewed several DJ's, but when we spoke to Richie Abrams at Cutting Edge, we knew he was our man. He was so interested in us and what would be important to our guests. We are in our 50's so with an bit older crowd we wanted someone who could span the generations, keeping the night moving and lively while relating to a few old fashioned traditions we had. Richie was awesome. He was so professional and fun, it was always about the bride and groom and our guests. His music choices were perfect and the wedding was one big dancin' machine. Even people who never dance were on the floor like crazy fools. People are still saying it was the wedding of a decade, largely because of Richie! His pacing, music choices and personal charm made him the DJ of the decade too! Thanks Richie, you are awesome!

Profile Picture Patti, 3/26/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

From the moment we first walked into his office, Ritchie made us feel comfortable. He asked us plenty of helpful questions and was able to help us coordinate a timeline which was great because we didn't know where to start. The entire wedding he had people in the dance floor and was extremely happy with the music selections. Would highly recommend cutting edge to any of my friends or family.

Profile Picture Chris, 12/17/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Our DJ, Richie Abrams, did a fabulous job at our wedding last month. We had a couple of planning meetings before our date, to go over timeline and song choices, and it was clear we were in good hands. The music and MCing were seamless during our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. We also opted for the lighting package and can't wait to see how the photos look!

Profile Picture User7413585, 1+ year ago, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

From the first time we met with Richie at Cutting Edge, we knew he was the perfect DJ for our wedding. He was very responsive and helpful during the planning process, offering recommendations and tips to make our event a success.

During our wedding, Richie played the perfect mix of songs and kept all of our guests - both young and old - dancing all night long. He also went out of his way to play the music we liked, which was a special touch on our big day.

A big thank you to Richie and Cutting Edge Entertainment for making our wedding perfect.

Profile Picture Sydney, 10/22/16, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

Richie and Cutting Edge Entertainment are awesome! We booked with Richie after our friends used the same company two years before, as we were impressed with their professionalism and energy. From the initial appointment, Richie was upbeat, qualified, and fun. He was open to our ideas and music choices and we had a blast choosing entrance music/cake cutting music with him during another meeting. He had some really great ideas and suggestions. Throughout the reception, Richie incorporated our requests, guest requests, and appropriate music for all age groups, which kept everybody on their feet. He also did a great job at encouraging the guys to get back on the dance floor with some Queen after enjoying the cigar bar. Not only did Richie do an amazing job at selecting and playing the music seamlessly, he assisted with playing background music for my cousin who played trumpet during the ceremony and for one song during the reception. I cannot recommend Richie enough. His high energy and fun personality were noticed by several guests, as well as his great choices in music.

Profile Picture Melody, 9/24/16, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

Love Richie and the people at Cutting Edge. He was fun, upbeat, and was extremely enjoyable to work with. We had a lot of last minute changes, and he just rolled with it. It was incredible. The guests were dancing, and I recieved multiple people telling me the music selection was great. I would recommend him to anyone. :)

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/3/16, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Richie and his team did such an amazing job at our wedding! I am going to admit, when I first started wedding planning I thought that DJs didn't make a difference (WRONG) and you could just use an iPod (SO WRONG) and a whole bunch of other misconceptions about how the wedding music works (all so wrong). Richie and his team gave us so many suggestions and had ideas that I never thought of. They even helped us with our schedule...they are basically also wedding planners :) We met with Richie a few weeks before the wedding and my hubs and I were so excited after because we knew it was going to be a blast. They cover everything. From when your guests are waiting for you to walk down the aisle, to cocktail hour, to the last dance. He knows what the flow should be, what to play in the beginning of the reception and when to get the fun music started. We had THE BEST NIGHT. People were dancing and the music sounded great during all three parts of the day (ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception) We got compliments throughout the next few weeks telling us how they've been to weddings with terrible DJs and ours awesome (YAY). We also had more than one guest ask us for the entire playlist...Have the best wedding ever, book Cutting Edge and you won't regret it!

Profile Picture Lauren, 8/26/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

I am the Mother of the Bride and was mainly in charge of the wedding planning. Little did I know how lucky I was to find Cutting Edge Entertainment. They are a first class company providing excellent, priceless, top notch service. I am taking the time to write this because I am so very thankful for how wonderfully the day went. Our DJ was Tony and he is a consummate professional. Tony got to know the bride and groom and their music selections beforehand and took care of every detail at the event so the families and wedding party could enjoy the day. The ceremony was held outdoors up a hill from the reception. Tony executed each musical element of the ceremony perfectly. It was not an easy geographic space to navigate, but they were set up and organized immediately upon their arrival. I don't think it is overstated to say that they made the wedding reception. The venue was beautiful, but it was Cutting Edge - DJ Tony - that made it a once in a lifetime memorable and joyful event. The bridal party was all in with their music and programming. It was a fantastic celebration. Thank you Cutting Edge and Tony for sharing the day and making it wonderful.

Profile Picture User7197533, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Michael did an awesome job at our wedding in August! He had everyone on the dance floor the entire time. Friends and family comment on how much fun our wedding was and it was all thanks to DJ Michael! Michael was super professional and met with us twice leading up to our wedding to ensure he understood exactly what we wanted, to offer professional advice, and to gather a general list of music we would want played. I could not be more happy with the service DJ Michael gave us and would recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ!

Profile Picture Sarah, 8/13/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

I had the pleasure of meeting Richie from Cutting Edge Entertainment when he was the DJ for my brother’s wedding. When I started planning my own wedding, I just knew I had to hire him. Richie was always checking in with me via e-mail and phone to ask questions about our big day and gather all of the necessary information. My husband and I met with Richie early in the planning process to get an idea of our musical vision for the day, and we also met with him again a few weeks before the wedding to nail down the details. He creates a schedule/timeline for the reception so that you have an idea of when all of the big events are going to take place (cake cutting, intro’s, first dance, etc.) Richie gave great advice on what kind of music to play, but he was very interested in what we wanted and honored that, which we are so thankful for. I was worried because my reception went until 12:30 AM, and I thought people would get tired and the dancing would die down. Not with DJ Richie! He had all of our loved ones on the dance floor until the end, and they still didn’t want to leave even at 12:30! He really goes the extra mile for his couples, and he was such a pleasure to work with! I highly recommend Richie and this company!

Profile Picture Teresa, 8/5/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Richie is absolutely amazing! He was kind, prompt, and played amazing music. He listened to our wants and also gave incredible suggestions. He had our friends and family dancing all night long!

Profile Picture Jessie, 7/30/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Cutting Edge did a great job and for a great price!! Everyone was dancing and having fun all night! Our DJ, Mike, was very flexible and easy to work with. He was accommodating of all the different songs and genres of music we wanted to include, and knew how to mix them in and keep everyone on there feet. Mike is totally on his game and knows how to run the show! He kept everything running on schedule and even made sure to call my husband and I onto the dance floor so we could get some dance time in before the night ended! We also used their photo booth service, and the couple who ran it was wonderful and the pictures came out great! Everyone really enjoyed themselves. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture GINA, 7/15/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: MC, Microphones, Photobooth, Uplighting

Cutting Edge is outstanding, particularly due to Brian. We not only got to experience Brian's MC skills at my sisters wedding, but at our own a few weeks ago. He makes it so personal and tailors everything to your vision. Brian made our wedding day so special, and more importantly, FUN. Everyone was dancing the whole time and many have come up to us since the wedding saying how awesome the music was from start to finish. Thank you Brian for making our wedding day exactly what we wanted!! You're the best. - Nick and Rosie :)

Profile Picture Rosie, 7/9/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones

Cutting Edge Entertainment was INCREDIBLE at our wedding! Richie was super fun and upbeat throughout the planning process and throughout the entire night! We were planning from out of town and he was extremely responsive via e-mail and with any questions/requests I had. I struggled with picking out certain songs, and he was very helpful and patient despite my indecisiveness. All I wanted for the reception was to dance all night and have a party. Richie did a great job of getting guests onto the dance floor and keeping them going throughout the night! We HIGHLY recommend Cutting Edge Entertainment!!

Profile Picture Ashley, 7/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Microphones, Uplighting

Richie is one of the best wedding DJs in the Philadelphia/NJ area, hands down! Richie kept the music rocking all night and even impressed one of our friends who is known to be a bit of a DJ snob :-) Richie was so helpful with helping us pick songs for our first dance, entrances and other important moments throughout the night. He helped calmed me down when we arrived for our final meeting when we had literally nothing chosen yet! He patiently went through some songs with us and helped us pick great music for every moment. While my husband and I didn't get to dance as much as we wanted since we were busy most of the night, we heard nothing but great feedback from our guests about the music and party throughout the night. Thanks for everything, Richie!

Profile Picture Jill, 6/11/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Ahhhhhhmazing experience with everyone at Cutting Edge! From the start Richie was great to work with, so attentive, sweet and professional! The moment we met our DJ, Brian, we knew this party was gonna be fun! Brian kept things moving smoothly from toasts to cake to getting crazy! He grabbed the mic with authority when we needed some direction and energy and just let our crazy guests do their thing on the dance floor for the rest of the time. He was genuinely happy to be with us on our night and it really made a difference. Brian wasn't just a DJ, he was a friend of ours and we were honored to celebrate with him!!!! What else can I say? This was the best

Profile Picture Erica, 5/21/16, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

We were lucky enough to have Brian Lacivita from Cutting Edge Entertainment as our wedding DJ -- he was the BEST! Brian has a ton of experience with weddings, which was extremely evident in his punctuality, professionalism, energy, and his ability to keep the dance party going through our entire reception. My husband and I had a few specific song requests, but generally told Brian the type of music we like and wanted to hear at our wedding, and we couldn't have been happier with all the music Brian selected and played from cocktail hour through the end of the reception. I would highly recommend Cutting Edge and Brian to anyone!

Profile Picture Emma, 5/14/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Hire Richie Abrams at Cutting Edge Entertainment for your wedding DJ and you will not regret it! From our first meeting to the very last song at our reception, Richie was a pleasure to work with. He was attentive, flexible and professional for each and every meeting and for our wedding day itself. He provided great recommendations for the flow of the day and helped us with music selections and kept us on time during the reception. (He also pronounced all of our last names right, which doesn't seem like a big deal, but people notice and it proves how much he cares about details!). The reception itself was AWESOME. The dance floor was packed all night and the music was fantastic. We got so many compliments from guests saying they had such a fabulous and FUN time. The two things most important to me for our reception was the food and music had to be the best, and Richie nailed it with the music! I would also highly recommend having their photobooth option as well, the guys were on time for setup and so helpful to our guests! Investing in a fabulous DJ is worth it, and I would recommend Cutting Edge Entertainment to any couple looking for a DJ.

Profile Picture Cow, 1/1/16, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Microphones, Photobooth, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

This is long overdue but my wife and I wanted to let everyone know how much of an amazing job Richie and the staff at Cutting Edge did for us on our wedding day. Richie travelled about two hours down the shore to do our wedding and we couldn't have been happier. Richie is an extremely professional MC and DJ, he had full control over our wedding and worked extraordinary well with our venue and photographer. Richie is someone who knows how to keep the party going all night long and was able to get everyone up and dancing. Richie will be my go to guy for any occasions my family has in the future. To Richie and the staff at Cutting Edge we thank you for everything you did to make our night unforgettable. You guys are awesome and we will recommend you to everyone and anyone!

Thank you!