Cutting Edge Entertainment Reviews

Cutting Edge Entertainment 3
Cutting Edge Entertainment 4
  • W

Wendy · Married on 01/18/2010

We were very pleased and happy with there services. The DJ's were great, they did an exceptional job. The dance floor was never empty and everyone had such a great time. Mary who took the pictures throughout the day did such a great job and was able to capture wonderful candid pictures throughout the night

Sent on 03/29/2010
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 11/03/2012

Cutting Edge entertainment did our music and lighting at the reception and did a great job! But what stood out the most was the extra work Brian put in. I wanted something special for my father daughter dance and he remixed more than a few songs to make it happen. The whole staff at Cutting Edge is a blast to work with from my first meeting with Richie, to contract discussions with Craig, calls with Kim, and all the fun with Brian it was a stress free experience from start to finish. Everyone should book them!

Sent on 11/13/2012

Shannon · Married on 08/10/2013

Richie was a great MC and DJ at our August wedding!

The entire process was very enjoyable and it was clear that everyone at Cutting Edge is all about the music. In fact, I still read their blogs. During our meetings, Richie helped us make selections and suggested what had worked for others before which was very helpful. He goes above and beyond to make sure you know he is there for you if you need.

Beforehand, we had submitted songs that were important and dedications that we wanted announced. Unfortunately not all of them were honored, including my parent's wedding song that we mentioned in a meeting. I heard later that others had requested songs throughout the night that were reasonable and still not played. Did it ruin my experience? Not at all. But certainly, you hope that everything you ask for is played.

Additionally, some of the songs had a beat running under it. This didn't change the songs much, but you could notice that the song wasn't quite the original that you are used to hearing. I mentioned that I didn't like that at a meeting, but our dance floor was certainly packed all night.

If I could do it again, I would just be much clearer about what I want and expect in the meetings.

We received many compliments about the music throughout the night and afterwards so I know our guests had a great time thanks to Richie.

Sent on 09/05/2013

Emem · Married on 06/15/2013

From our first visit with Richie and Tony, we knew that we wanted to go with Cutting Edge for our music. It is clear that Richie and his crew are extremely talented, professional, and most importantly, know how to work a crowd. Tony was excellent at incorporating a variety of songs from our list, including traditional and contemporary Nigerian music for my family. Overall Tony did a great job; I only wish I had more time to dance that night!

Sent on 08/11/2013

Tara · Married on 10/10/2015

We worked with Tony from Cutting Edge for our recent wedding. He definitely kept everyone dancing, and we had great feedback from several of our guests that the range of songs played satisfied family and friends of all ages. He was great at reading the crowd and anticipating what would keep people on the floor. Plus, the uplighting he and his co-DJ brought definitely added a little something extra to the room.

I think there may have been some miscommunication with the banquet staff regarding the timing of toasts and serving the first course, as well as the announcement of our dessert stations later in the evening, but ultimately that did not take away from the wonderful-ness of the evening.

Sent on 10/20/2015

Chris · Married on 12/06/2009

Cutting Edge did a great job at my wedding. They are extremely professional and responsive, and they did a good job reading the crowd at our wedding and knowing what music to play to keep everyone dancing. My husband and I didn't really have any idea what songs we wanted played for our first dance, the father/daughter dance, mother/son dance, etc. and Cutting Edge provided great suggestions and ideas. My only complaint is that there were specific things we did NOT want played (i.e., we didn't want any 'line dances' like the Electric Slide, etc) and, despite having communicated this to our DJ, he still played a couple of these songs. My advice is just to be really, really clear on your musical preferences. Otherwise, you can't go wrong with Cutting Edge.

Sent on 12/28/2009

Pamela · event on 07/17/2015

3.5

Jack was fabulous!! The entire group was dancing from the minute they arrived!! One guest asked for his card so she could recommend Jack for the CB East Prom!

Sent on 08/05/2015

My husband and I worked with Richie and Steve. At first I was a little hesitant to work with this group, but boy did they prove me wrong! They were so responsive and caring. Steve was our DJ and all of my guests kept raving about what a wonderful time they had dancing all night. Steve was wonderful during the entire planning process and he REALLY took his TIME making everything perfect for my husband and me.

Sent on 12/11/2014
  • User2074772 · 2+ years ago

4.2
      3.0

For our reception, we wanted only one music genre played, and our DJ, Craig took the time to meet with us (twice) in his office before the event to cement a playlist. He really understood what mood we wanted to create and defended our music choices against guest requests without hurting any feelings. The whole team from Cutting Edge was professional and worked to make sure our guests truly enjoyed their time on the dance floor. They didn't come cheap, but they were worth it.

Sent on 10/12/2012

Alex · Married on 10/18/2015

3.6
      3.0

Steve was our DJ from Cutting Edge, and he did a great job. Prices were extremely reasonable. We did however, provide Steve with an extensive list of songs that we had chosen to be played at the wedding, and many of them were not played. We trusted Steve 100% and let him decide what to play, but it would have been nice to hear more of the song list, and less of the other songs we didn't really know, as each song had a significant meaning to us. There were also a few times where it didn't seem seamless, with a few awkward silence moments, and guests not dancing. We would have preferred him/or his partner tried to engage the crowd more.

Sent on 10/24/2015

Theresa · Married on 10/02/2010

3.6
      2.5
      3.0

Criag was great throughout the planning process but did not follow through on the day of the wedding.We were overall disappointed that many of the songs we requested they play were not played, and genres that were specifically asked to avoid were played at the reception.

For the money, they were ok but I would request a different emcee if i used them again.

Sent on 01/31/2011