Custom Wedding Cakes by Penny Reviews

Custom Wedding Cakes by Penny 5
Custom Wedding Cakes by Penny 6
Custom Wedding Cakes by Penny 7

Jackie · Married on 06/12/2010

Penny made us an absolutely beautiful and delicious cake!! I had no worries at all, and I totally trusted her expertise, and she did just such a wonderful job! Our cake had SO MANY compliments. I have more pictures of our wedding cake than of anything else! We're looking forward to eating that top layer on our anniversary. THANK YOU, PENNY!!

Sent on 11/19/2010

Michelle · Married on 06/05/2010

Penny exceeded our expectations with making our wedding cake. We provided a picture to her and she added special touches to it. The cake was amazing!! We received many compliments on how beautiful her crafted hydrangea and rose flowers looked and the taste was delicious too!! We worked together with Penny from Maryland and it was made easy through her good communication and flexibility. My husband and I liked it so much we ate the top up too and didn't think twice about saving it for our 1st Anniversary:) We thank Penny very much for contributing to the success of our reception and would highly recommend her!!

Sent on 06/21/2010

Melissa · Married on 05/15/2010

Penny allowed us to go into her beautiful home where she provided a taste testing with several different flavors of cake, just so we could get an idea of what to expect from her work. She was very accommodating and allowed us to take as much time as we needed to go through her cake photos and make our decision, while she provided her opinions and input as to which route to go to meet our needs, style and desired taste. She delivered our cake in a timely fashion, and took pictures that she shared with us, which came out beautiful. Penny has many different styles and flavors to choose from and I would highly recommend her work to friends and family. We might eat the top of our cake for our one month anniversary rather than our one year because we just can't wait to taste it! It's a different flavor than our wedding cake was so we're looking forward to enjoying it. She is in a convenient location near 146 and off of route 20. Kudos to a job well done and another satisfied customer.

Sent on 06/11/2010

cami · Married on 05/01/2010

Custom Wedding Cakes by Penny was one of the best choices I made. My husband and I are pretty oppisite people but Penny had so many wonderful picture and ideas that we found exactly what we both wanted. I had meet with a few other vendors and they did not have any photos of their work and did not give much input. The taste of our cakes was amazing and I will suggest to anybody to go with the butter cream frosting since Penny makes it look so perfect. I am so excited to have this cake again on my one year anniversary.

Sent on 05/21/2010

Melissa · Married on 12/31/2009

We HIGHLY recommend Cakes By PENNY. My husband an I met Penny to pick a cake out for our wedding reception which was Hawaiian theme. Penny made us feel so at home it was if we had known her for years. Penny sat with us for hours and showed us pictures of all her previous designs and then the best part we had been able to sample 4 great sample's of her most scrumptious cakes, it was so hard to decide which flavor to pick from. I took one look at my husband and we both agreed it would be the banana cream cake...it was AMAZING! It was a perfect flavor for our s Hawaiian Theme. We discussed what we wanted on the top of the cake & Penney suggested she could make orchards to go on the top and on the other tiers. I was so excited...we had been counting the days to have this banana cream cake. On the day of our reception Penny delivered the Cake to the Spencer Country Inn with her husband. I have to say I was so impressed with her great concern and excitement of setting up the cake just right for us. I was so excited to be there to see Penny for she is the most friendliest, most caring women and Penny has an amazing talent. We must say this cake not only looked fabulous but it was everything and more it was so delicious. I also have to add that Penny made the cake a little bit larger than we discussed because she thought it looked better...WOW ..to have someone who actually was caring and thoughtful and added no extra charge. I just can not tell you how pleased and thankful that we selected Cakes by Penny. Penny's cake was a big hit of our reception and we are still talking about it and can not wait to have it on our 1 year anniversary. Thank you for all your hard work and dedication. I will recommend you to anyone who is looking for a cake.

Sent on 01/07/2010

Michelle · Married on 12/27/2009

Penny made our daughter her high school graduation cake 6 years ago and we new we would return to her when she got married some day. Well that some day has come and gone and once again Penny blew it out of the park! The cake was exceptional. We had three flavors and all were amazing. Penny you are a master of your craft and I would recommend anyone to you. Thank you for making such a beautiful cake for our daughter's wedding.

Fondly,
    Dave and Michelle Hillman

Sent on 12/28/2009

Erin · Married on 10/17/2009

The cake was beautiful and delicious, and was where it was supposed to be, when it was supposed to be. It's also a great value; we ended up with a large portion of it to take home after everyone had enjoyed a slice!

Sent on 11/02/2009

Lotti · Married on 09/27/2009

Penny at Custom Wedding Cakes by Penny was AMAZING. She was so incredibly helpful in choosing the favorers and the design of my wedding cake. My cake didn't just look BEAUTIFUL, it was DELICIOUS. She was also very flexible when we needed to make last minute changes, she responds back quickly to both emails and phone calls. I would recommend her to any bride that wants a personal touch.

Sent on 10/16/2009

Kristen · Married on 09/26/2009

Penny was great! She was a pleasure to work with and makes beautiful, delicious cakes!

Sent on 10/05/2009

Amanda · Married on 09/19/2009

Penny and I designed the most beautiful wedding cake! We received many compliments on how good it tasted as well as how pretty it looked. She sat down with me and we designed the cake together. With her talent and both of our ideas it came out amazing. Definitely worth the money!

Sent on 10/13/2009

tracy · Married on 09/13/2009

she was able to add cake topperlast minute

Sent on 10/16/2009

Meghan · Married on 09/12/2009

My cake was absolutely gorgeous and it tasted just as great! Penny worked with my husband and me to design the cake that was perfect for us. She was friendly and patient. To top it all off, the day of the wedding, Penny delivered the cake and was looking for the flowers my florist left for the cake topper. Upon finding them at the restaurant she found all of my centerpieces that the restaurant staff never bothered to set up. Penny herself set up centerpieces for a wedding of 225 people. She is an incredible person and I highly recommend her to all future brides!

Sent on 09/24/2009

Katie · Married on 09/05/2009

Penny did a great job at providing creative suggestions to meet my interests and her fresh in-home ingredients made all the difference. I was so happy with the outcome of the cake and it tasted great. Her wide variety of flavors was the reason I chose her...her cakes stand out beyond typical weddig cakes!

Meg · Married on 08/01/2009

My wedding cake was one of the star attractions of my wedding. I love the cape and Penny helped me pick out a beautiful cake with shells, starfish and sand...as well as, adding an adorable green pale and pink gerber daisy's which perfectly matched my bridesmaids dresses. We added a grooms cake with a picture of my actually husband in his high school football uniform. The picture on the cake was an exact replica of my husband. The cake tasted amazing and was loved by everyone at the wedding. There was not even a bit of the frosting leftover. The table the cake was on was also beautifully decorated by Penny. Penny was wonderful to work with and to be honest the price of her cakes shocked me. I expected to pay so much more....It definetly looked like I did! Thanks Penny

I highly recommend using Penny Eagleton and I would refer her to anyone who is getting married or has a special occassion. I wish I could post a picture of my cake & grooms cake to show everyone! I love my cake pictures!

Sent on 09/15/2009

Amanda · Married on 07/25/2009

Penny made the perfect cake for our big day! We knew the cake would be a focal point at our wedding and I was quite picky! After searching and searching I was so happy to find a vendor so close to home that did impeccable work! The price was VERY reasonable! The cake was more than I could've imagined and it tasted just as great as it looked! She was accomodating to any suggestions we had to add and really listened to what we wanted! I would highly recommend Penny to help make your wedding day just as special as she made ours!

Theresa · Married on 07/25/2009

Penny did an amazing job on our wedding cake. Not only did it look even better than I could have imagined but it was delicious too! Many of my guests commented on how good it was!
    Being the last of my close friends to get married I was lucky to be able to get referrals from them. I was very impressed with the cake she made for a friends Fall wedding and knew I wanted her to make my cake as well.
    Penny was very pleasant to work with and her work is fantastic.

Sent on 09/20/2009

Lauren · Married on 06/27/2009

Penny was friendly and down to earth. Her goal was to make sure that I had the perfect wedding cake. And it was! Everyone commented how good the tasted, but also how beautiful it looked. Penny also made a groom's cake for my husband, which he loved! I would recommend Penny to any bride!
    -Lauren

Heather · Married on 06/13/2009

Penny not only provides a wonderful tasting and beautiful cake for your guests, but she works with you to design a cake that will fit your theme and budget. Penny has been designing cakes for years and has many options for you to choose from. However, unlike many vendors, you don't have to pick from a pre-approved list. After you decide what type of style you like, Penny will work with you to customize your order.

After you have decided on your favorite design, the best part is really choosing the filling. We chose one of Penny's classic flavors. It was simple but decadent - it was exactly what we wanted.

On the wedding day, Penny takes care of everything. She set up our the cake and carefully placed all the flowers on the top. Everything was perfect when our guests walked into the reception hall.

Sent on 09/18/2009

Tiffany · Married on 06/12/2009

Our wedding cake was beautiful and exactly what we asked for! Not only was it delicious, but Penny took our thoughts and ideas and turned them into a cake that was perfect!
    Penny was very professional and took the time to consult with us in person to make sure our cake was exactly what we wanted it to be. She showed us lots of pictures of cakes she had made in the past, and then used our ideas to create a custom cake that was exactly what we had envisioned. She had many samples for us to try ... all of them delicious! Penny was great in helping make one step of planning a wedding less stressful!
    All the guests at our wedding loved our cake! We can't wait to get a taste again on our first anniversary!
    Thank you Penny!

Dawn · Married on 12/31/2008

I have had the pleasure of tasting and experiencing countless Cakes by Penny as I worked as a Banquet Manager at Leicester Country Club. Every bride that writes a review can give their individual rating regarding their experience working with and purchasing a cake from Penny. I have had the pleasure of many great experiences and while I'm not the bride, I can tell you that there is none better! Penny takes such pride in her beautiful and delicious cakes! She is the most professional and easy to work with vendor that ever walked into a banquet facility. She will do anything to please anyone and her cakes.. in a word.. YUMMY!! She was during my employment at LCC the most widely used cake vendor and for so many reasons. I have seen many cakes at LCC as well as the facility that I am currently working as a Banquet Manager and I have never been as impressed, nor has my staff, as I have been with Cakes by Penny. I believe I have had the pleasure of tasting everything that she has made and I have to say that there is just no way you can go wrong with Cakes by Penny!!!!!!!

Sent on 12/05/2009

Kristine · Married on 10/10/2008

Penny's cakes are out of this world.... She really takes the time to get to know you and makes your cake memorable... Our cake was out of this world. So moist and delicious. Everyone at the wedding commented on how good the cake. I recommend Custom Cakes by Penny to everyone. We just celebrated our 1 year anniversary and we ate the cake saved and after one year the cake tasted just as great as our wedding day..Thank you Penny for all of your hard work.. You are truly talented at what you do.

Sent on 10/15/2009

Tammany · Married on 09/19/2008

Penny was absolutely wonderful to work with. She was the first and only cake maker we visited with. Her cakes are delicious as well as beautiful! We got many, many compliments from our guests on how the cake looked as well as how it tasted! Our cake was delivered in plenty of time for our reception and in great condition. It couldn't have been more perfect! I would highly recommend Penny to any MA bride!

Sent on 10/02/2008

Lizabeth · Married on 08/02/2008

Our wedding cake was amazing! Everyone couldn't stop talking about it. Penny was great and so helpful and responsive. I am ordering a smaller replica of our wedding cake on our anniversary. I can't say enough great things about our experience.

Sent on 09/30/2008

Debbie · Married on 07/20/2008

Penny created a beautiful and elegant tiered wedding cake with a clear water fountain and fresh flower design that was truly stunning! The reversed marble cake flavor and buttercreme frosting was fresh, moist and delicious! Simply scrumptious! Many of the guests had positive comments on the style and quality of the cake. I would consider Penny one of this area's top wedding specialists.

Sent on 10/03/2008

Brian · Married on 08/04/2007

Penny worked closely with us and was extremely flexible. We changed our minds a few times, which didn't bother her at all. She was very patient and understanding to the fact that we wanted her to re-create a cake from a picture that we found and that she did-the cake was beautiful. It also tasted wonderful. Sometimes you see a wedding cake that looks terrific, but doesn't taste as good. Penny's cakes are both appealing to the eye as well as the stomach.

Penny's prices were very reasonable, also. I would highly recommend her.

Sent on 09/30/2008