539 Reviews for Custom Sewing by Heather

Flower Girls (4)
Veils (4)
Mother of Groom (3)
539 Custom Sewing by Heather Reviews

Two weeks before my cousin's wedding, Heather fit me in between other appointments and fixed a cosmetic issue on my dress. She hadn't worked on my dress and had no reason to take on the extra work when she's already booked solid. This showed me how much she cares about her work and helping others. Any future alteration work will be going to Heather!

Profile Picture Karissa, 7/13/19, 1 Review
Services Used: Alterations, Bride, Bridesmaids

I totally procrastinated getting my bridesmaids dress altered for my sisters wedding this summer and two different friends suggested I use Heather. I am SO HAPPY I listened. Not only did she fit me in her schedule in the busiest month of the summer (wedding season is officially upon us) but the dress fits perfectly and was finished in less than a week. AMAZING! On top of this, I was put in charge of "bustling" my sisters dress (which Heather put in the dress) and it is beautiful and VERY easy to follow. The day of will be stress free and the bustle will look great! I would recommend using Heather for any single alteration.

Profile Picture Jill, 10/5/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I had a great experience with Heather . She delivered exactly what I wanted . Absolutely gorgeous

Profile Picture Lanoy, 8/18/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Heather was by far one of the best experiences of my wedding process! She runs her business so efficiently and affordably, but most importantly she put the bride/customer at the forefront of her business. I trusted her opinion and skills throughout each meeting with her and felt the love she gave towards my dress (and me!). I never had expected my dress to look as perfect as it does, and I credit it all to Heather!!

Profile Picture Camra, 7/20/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Heather was so amazing to work with!! She made my dress perfect and was always willing to listen and help me make decisions!! So glad I went to her!

Profile Picture Anna, 7/14/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Alterations, Appts. Only, Bride

Loved my experience with Customer Sewing by Heather ! She was so amazing and personable - her magic hands created the perfect fit for my dress. Her space is clean and beautiful. Overall a positive and memorable experience preparing for the big day !

Profile Picture Ashley, 7/14/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Alterations, Appts. Only, Bride

She was extremely accommodating and gave great suggestions. Also timely and efficient. You can tell that she knows exactly what to do and I trusted her 100%. Her professionalism is top-notch as well. The fitting room was elegant, clean, and beautifully decorated. The ambience was pleasant and made you feel comfortable. For a stress-free fitting/alteration, Heather is the person to see!

Profile Picture Angela, 7/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

If you want your wedding dress altered correctly, you want to go to Heather! She books up fast though, so make your appt early! My dres fits perfectly and I can’t wait to wear it!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 7/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Heather is amazing, you will not regret going with her! She did fantastic work on my wedding dress. I was initially worried how alterations would go with my lace detail and how much needed to be taken in at the top, and was told Heather could do the job from my bridal shop, and I am glad I followed that recommendation! She does fantastic work and is also an absolute pleasure to work with. I could not recommend her any higher!

Profile Picture Kayla, 7/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

When I found my dream dress, I was nervous about the alteration stage due to some horror stories I have heard from other brides. However, Heather ensured everything about my dress was perfect from beginning to end. From adding additional lace to removing extra "fluff" Heather's skills and eye for details are amazing. She was also very accommodating with appointments as I am an out of state bride and was limited on when I could do the alterations. Thank you Heather for everything!

Profile Picture Melissa, 7/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

From the very first conversation I could tell that Heather was passionate about what she does and giving you exactly what you want! She was always on time with appointments very professional and firm(which I needed) Heather was worth every penny spent and I am so glad my dress was in your hands! Thank you for everything !!

Profile Picture Josalyn, 6/23/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Alterations, Bride

Heather was absolutely amazing to work with. Heather transformed the dress I purchased into MY dress. The transformation she accomplished on my dress is a work of art. She is a true professional and expert with everything wedding dresses!

Profile Picture Hallee, 6/23/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I am so thankful that I was able to have Heather alter my wedding dress. The thought of someone altering a dress that you will be wearing on your wedding day and costs you a lot of money actually made me so nervous but Heather amazed me by how knowledgeable she is. She made me feel comfortable and confident in my dress and it fits like a glove. I am beyond excited to wear it in a few weeks! I truly would recommend her to everyone I know. Thank you, Heather!

Profile Picture Destiny, 6/23/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Honestly, Heather is one of the best decisions I have made in my wedding planning! She was professional and prompt in all our communication and absolutely made sure I felt comfortable in my dress and with the alterations we were making, I really felt like she is on my team. If you are considering Heather call her right now! Her years of experience and exceptional talent mean she is highly sought after (as she should be) and can get busy. I am so so so happy I was able to work with her and will recommend her #1 over all to anyone ever looking to alter their dress.

After my wedding I will be posting on her Facebook page some of the incredible work she did on the back of my dress, you would never know the changes that were made and I feel like a million bucks every time I have put it on!

Profile Picture Emily, 6/23/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

highly recommend Heather to do the alterations on any wedding dress. She is extremely detail-oriented and made my dress fit me perfectly. In addition, about half-way through the alteration process, I had to switch the shoes I planned to wear with the dress, due to a medical condition. Heather was extremely accommodating in remeasuring the dress to be the correct length for the new shoes. Also, her home studio is AMAZING. She has built a gorgeous space, with a beautiful mirror and a lot of natural light. It feels very high-end when you walk in. Overall, wonderful experience working with Heather, she really is an expert.

Profile Picture Hannah, 6/23/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I would encourage all brides to take their wedding dress to Heather, because she does only wedding gowns, so she understands the complexity of the alterations, working under a set deadline, and the variety of emotions of the brides. She is professional, does exquisite work, is a creative problem solver, offers multiple fittings, and is worth every penny. Seriously, we couldn't have been more pleased.

Profile Picture L, 6/23/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Heather does AMAZING work! She puts so much pride into the work she does! She treats your dress as if it is her own wedding dress!!! My dress fit perfectly! Thanks so much heather!!

Profile Picture Kaylee, 6/16/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Heather was absolutely amazing to work with! My dress came in less than a month before my wedding. Heather reassured me that it will all work out in plenty of time to the wedding. She gave me a sense of calmness and optimism with the short amount of time we were working with. I had 3 fittings with Heather, and they all were quick and easy. My dress fits amazingly, and I can't say enough good things about my bustle. I absolutely love it and it looks amazing. I am so lucky that I was told about Heather, and that I couldn't be happier with the work that she did. If you are on the fence about who to go with for a seamstress, choose Custom Sewing by Heather!

Profile Picture Kayla, 6/16/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Alterations, Appts. Only

Heather is amazing! She is very friendly and does great work! I would definitely recommend her to anyone needing any dress alterations!

Profile Picture Megan, 6/16/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

One of the best and easiest parts of my wedding planning process! Heather was such a pleasure to work with and made me feel great every step of the way! She was so clear about the alterations that were required, and she executed them impeccably. My dress required significant changes, but she made it look like it was made that way. It is stunning and looks like it was made for me thanks to her artful work. I cannot recommend her enough!! Thank you, Heather!

Profile Picture Ashley , 6/9/18, 12 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I cannot speak highly enough of Heather's talent and attention to detail. I thought I loved my dress when I tried it on at the store but it took Heather's critical eye and nimble fingers to make it look like the dress was custom made for me. She was a joy to work with.

Profile Picture Carolyn, 6/8/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I went to Heather for my wedding gown alterations and I couldn’t be happier! My dress had a lot of delicate fabric and she worked so with it, not to mention dealing with my crazy friends that would join me for fittings and she was incredible with my schedule changes when I got a new job as well as when weather wouldn’t cooperate over the winter months, she always made it easy to reschedule and was so accommodating! Thank you Heather!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Heather is so talented and does beautiful work! Three years ago, when my sister got married she had Heather do her alterations. Her dress fit her perfectly and Heather even added in a couple special elements to make her dress exactly how she wanted it. I knew when it was my time to get married, I wanted Heather to do my alterations too. Heather is so kind and very knowledgeable about alterations. This puts you at ease that your dress will look amazing. I had a special request for Heather to sew in a pocket so that I could easily access my insulin pump throughout my wedding day. She was able to suggest a way to do this that made it within my reach but still concealed under my dress. I feel beautiful and confident in my dress because of her alteration work. I really liked my dress when I first brought it home from the store but I fell in love with it more and more with each appointment. I am so excited to wear it in a couple days for my wedding! I definitely recommend Heather and her beautiful work. Your dress will turn out beautifully and you will feel amazing!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 6/2/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Alterations, Appts. Only, Veils

Heather was absolutely amazing! I live out of state and she was so accommodating to my schedule when I was in town! She transformed my dress and made it fit perfectly. I could not have asked for better!

Profile Picture Amanda, 6/2/18, 2 Reviews