549 Reviews for Custom Sewing by Heather

Mother of Bride (4)
Flower Girls (4)
Veils (4)
Mother of Groom (3)

Two weeks before my cousin's wedding, Heather fit me in between other appointments and fixed a cosmetic issue on my dress. She hadn't worked on my dress and had no reason to take on the extra work when she's already booked solid. This showed me how much she cares about her work and helping others. Any future alteration work will be going to Heather!

Profile Picture Karissa, 7/13/19, 1 Review
Services Used: Alterations, Bride, Bridesmaids

I totally procrastinated getting my bridesmaids dress altered for my sisters wedding this summer and two different friends suggested I use Heather. I am SO HAPPY I listened. Not only did she fit me in her schedule in the busiest month of the summer (wedding season is officially upon us) but the dress fits perfectly and was finished in less than a week. AMAZING! On top of this, I was put in charge of "bustling" my sisters dress (which Heather put in the dress) and it is beautiful and VERY easy to follow. The day of will be stress free and the bustle will look great! I would recommend using Heather for any single alteration.

Profile Picture Jill, 10/5/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Heather was fantastic to work with and she did an amazing job on my dress! She hands down knows what she is doing! I had 5 fittings with her and each one was super fast, she did the work she said she was going to do, and I never had a doubt that my dress wouldn't fit perfectly by the end! She knows so much about the material of dresses and how they need to be handled. I would definitely recommend Heather!

Profile Picture Calleigh, 8/25/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Bride, Alterations

Heather was absolutely amazing to work with! I had 6 appointments total and she made me feel SO comfortable! She truly knows the ins and outs of wedding dresses, and I never once doubted her ability to make sure my dress fit perfectly by the end. She also squeezed in time to complete another dress for me that I will wear to our rehearsal. Not only was it during her busy summer season, but she did a fantastic job and it looks and fits perfectly. And, her studio is absolutely gorgeous!! The chandelier, mirror, and natural sunlight are a dream. I already referred one friend to her and I will definitely be referring more to her in the future! It was worth every penny to have her as my seamstress.

Profile Picture Laura, 8/25/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I had a great experience with Heather . She delivered exactly what I wanted . Absolutely gorgeous

Profile Picture Lanoy, 8/18/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

5 stars across the board! Heather is so kind and does beautiful, no, GORGEOUS work. She took my dress and made it absolutely PERFECT. I cannot say enough good things about her as a person and her work. She is so fun to work with, personable, and understanding of your vision. My dress fits like a glove and it custom to my body perfectly.
I can't wait for my big day! (august 12) and with her work, it's been made even more spectacular!
Thank you Heather!
Highly recommend her services!
Katya

Profile Picture Katya, 8/12/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Where do I even begin?? Heather is absolutely fantastic. I was very nervous about anyone doing alterations on my dream wedding dress due to the extravagant detail, but Heather made me feel so confident and all of my nerves were washed away not even 2 minutes into my first appointment with her. I think what sets Heather apart from everyone else is how she explains every little detail of what she's doing and what every single pin she puts in place is going to do to the overall look of the dress. I could go on and on about how absolutely wonderful and professional Heather was! 10/10 would recommend to anyone. It really helps when you can see how much someone LOVES what they are doing, and I could tell instantly upon meeting her this is her passion.

Profile Picture Brittany, 8/11/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Bride

Heather made me feel so at ease with the alterations process for my perfect dress. I loved my dress when I picked it up from The Wedding Shoppe, but the top did not fit well. Heather was able to transform the top of my dress to make it feel like it was made specifically for me. When my body composition changed a little toward the end of my alterations process, she squeezed in a couple of extra appointments to ensure that my dress would be perfect. I couldn't have made a better choice for my seamstress. I can't wait to share photos of my dress after the big day!

Profile Picture Sawyer, 8/11/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Alterations

Heather is absolutely incredible!! She is so professional and easy to work with. She runs her appointments on time and efficiently. She has such amazing attention to details! She listened to all of my concerns with my dress and made sure that it was completely perfect. She did an awesome job explaining the process of altering a wedding dress. Her prices were fair and she gave me a breakdown of the cost. She is so talented at what she does and you can tell that she loves doing it! I will recommend her to any of my friends and family who need anything altered! My dress was absolutely perfect!!

Profile Picture Kelly, 8/11/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Heather is absolutely amazing. I was very pleased with my alterations - She can do anything! I also loved working with her because she is professional and you can tell she is a perfectionist. She had me come in to try the dress on a total of 5 times to make sure everything was just right. I can't believe how great it turned out and how organized she is with everything! I will be recommending her to all of my friends who are getting married!

Profile Picture Anna, 8/4/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Heather did a great job on my wedding dress. She responded to my text messages on a timely manner. She was very understanding with me when I kept debating to get a bustle done or not. Even though I contacted her quite close to my wedding date, she made it work with me and my dress is done perfectly in time for my wedding date. Thank you Heather!

Profile Picture Betty, 8/4/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Heather was by far one of the best experiences of my wedding process! She runs her business so efficiently and affordably, but most importantly she put the bride/customer at the forefront of her business. I trusted her opinion and skills throughout each meeting with her and felt the love she gave towards my dress (and me!). I never had expected my dress to look as perfect as it does, and I credit it all to Heather!!

Profile Picture Camra, 7/20/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Heather was so amazing to work with!! She made my dress perfect and was always willing to listen and help me make decisions!! So glad I went to her!

Profile Picture Anna, 7/14/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Alterations, Appts. Only, Bride

Loved my experience with Customer Sewing by Heather ! She was so amazing and personable - her magic hands created the perfect fit for my dress. Her space is clean and beautiful. Overall a positive and memorable experience preparing for the big day !

Profile Picture Ashley, 7/14/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Alterations, Appts. Only, Bride

She was extremely accommodating and gave great suggestions. Also timely and efficient. You can tell that she knows exactly what to do and I trusted her 100%. Her professionalism is top-notch as well. The fitting room was elegant, clean, and beautifully decorated. The ambience was pleasant and made you feel comfortable. For a stress-free fitting/alteration, Heather is the person to see!

Profile Picture Angela, 7/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

If you want your wedding dress altered correctly, you want to go to Heather! She books up fast though, so make your appt early! My dres fits perfectly and I can’t wait to wear it!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 7/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Heather is amazing, you will not regret going with her! She did fantastic work on my wedding dress. I was initially worried how alterations would go with my lace detail and how much needed to be taken in at the top, and was told Heather could do the job from my bridal shop, and I am glad I followed that recommendation! She does fantastic work and is also an absolute pleasure to work with. I could not recommend her any higher!

Profile Picture Kayla, 7/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

When I found my dream dress, I was nervous about the alteration stage due to some horror stories I have heard from other brides. However, Heather ensured everything about my dress was perfect from beginning to end. From adding additional lace to removing extra "fluff" Heather's skills and eye for details are amazing. She was also very accommodating with appointments as I am an out of state bride and was limited on when I could do the alterations. Thank you Heather for everything!

Profile Picture Melissa, 7/7/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

From the very first conversation I could tell that Heather was passionate about what she does and giving you exactly what you want! She was always on time with appointments very professional and firm(which I needed) Heather was worth every penny spent and I am so glad my dress was in your hands! Thank you for everything !!

Profile Picture Josalyn, 6/23/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Alterations, Bride

Heather was absolutely amazing to work with. Heather transformed the dress I purchased into MY dress. The transformation she accomplished on my dress is a work of art. She is a true professional and expert with everything wedding dresses!

Profile Picture Hallee, 6/23/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I am so thankful that I was able to have Heather alter my wedding dress. The thought of someone altering a dress that you will be wearing on your wedding day and costs you a lot of money actually made me so nervous but Heather amazed me by how knowledgeable she is. She made me feel comfortable and confident in my dress and it fits like a glove. I am beyond excited to wear it in a few weeks! I truly would recommend her to everyone I know. Thank you, Heather!

Profile Picture Destiny, 6/23/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Honestly, Heather is one of the best decisions I have made in my wedding planning! She was professional and prompt in all our communication and absolutely made sure I felt comfortable in my dress and with the alterations we were making, I really felt like she is on my team. If you are considering Heather call her right now! Her years of experience and exceptional talent mean she is highly sought after (as she should be) and can get busy. I am so so so happy I was able to work with her and will recommend her #1 over all to anyone ever looking to alter their dress.

After my wedding I will be posting on her Facebook page some of the incredible work she did on the back of my dress, you would never know the changes that were made and I feel like a million bucks every time I have put it on!

Profile Picture Emily, 6/23/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

highly recommend Heather to do the alterations on any wedding dress. She is extremely detail-oriented and made my dress fit me perfectly. In addition, about half-way through the alteration process, I had to switch the shoes I planned to wear with the dress, due to a medical condition. Heather was extremely accommodating in remeasuring the dress to be the correct length for the new shoes. Also, her home studio is AMAZING. She has built a gorgeous space, with a beautiful mirror and a lot of natural light. It feels very high-end when you walk in. Overall, wonderful experience working with Heather, she really is an expert.

Profile Picture Hannah, 6/23/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I would encourage all brides to take their wedding dress to Heather, because she does only wedding gowns, so she understands the complexity of the alterations, working under a set deadline, and the variety of emotions of the brides. She is professional, does exquisite work, is a creative problem solver, offers multiple fittings, and is worth every penny. Seriously, we couldn't have been more pleased.

Profile Picture L, 6/23/18, 1 Review