530 Reviews for Custom Sewing by Heather

Flower Girls (4)
Veils (4)
Mother of Groom (3)
530 Custom Sewing by Heather Reviews

Two weeks before my cousin's wedding, Heather fit me in between other appointments and fixed a cosmetic issue on my dress. She hadn't worked on my dress and had no reason to take on the extra work when she's already booked solid. This showed me how much she cares about her work and helping others. Any future alteration work will be going to Heather!

Profile Picture Karissa, 7/13/19, 1 Review
Services Used: Alterations, Bride, Bridesmaids

I totally procrastinated getting my bridesmaids dress altered for my sisters wedding this summer and two different friends suggested I use Heather. I am SO HAPPY I listened. Not only did she fit me in her schedule in the busiest month of the summer (wedding season is officially upon us) but the dress fits perfectly and was finished in less than a week. AMAZING! On top of this, I was put in charge of "bustling" my sisters dress (which Heather put in the dress) and it is beautiful and VERY easy to follow. The day of will be stress free and the bustle will look great! I would recommend using Heather for any single alteration.

Profile Picture Jill, 10/5/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I had a great experience with Heather . She delivered exactly what I wanted . Absolutely gorgeous

Profile Picture Lanoy, 8/18/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Heather was so amazing to work with!! She made my dress perfect and was always willing to listen and help me make decisions!! So glad I went to her!

Profile Picture Anna, 7/14/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Alterations, Appts. Only, Bride

If you want your wedding dress altered correctly, you want to go to Heather! She books up fast though, so make your appt early! My dres fits perfectly and I can’t wait to wear it!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 7/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

From the very first conversation I could tell that Heather was passionate about what she does and giving you exactly what you want! She was always on time with appointments very professional and firm(which I needed) Heather was worth every penny spent and I am so glad my dress was in your hands! Thank you for everything !!

Profile Picture Josalyn, 6/23/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Alterations, Bride

Heather was absolutely amazing to work with. Heather transformed the dress I purchased into MY dress. The transformation she accomplished on my dress is a work of art. She is a true professional and expert with everything wedding dresses!

Profile Picture Hallee, 6/23/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I am so thankful that I was able to have Heather alter my wedding dress. The thought of someone altering a dress that you will be wearing on your wedding day and costs you a lot of money actually made me so nervous but Heather amazed me by how knowledgeable she is. She made me feel comfortable and confident in my dress and it fits like a glove. I am beyond excited to wear it in a few weeks! I truly would recommend her to everyone I know. Thank you, Heather!

Profile Picture Destiny, 6/23/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Honestly, Heather is one of the best decisions I have made in my wedding planning! She was professional and prompt in all our communication and absolutely made sure I felt comfortable in my dress and with the alterations we were making, I really felt like she is on my team. If you are considering Heather call her right now! Her years of experience and exceptional talent mean she is highly sought after (as she should be) and can get busy. I am so so so happy I was able to work with her and will recommend her #1 over all to anyone ever looking to alter their dress.

After my wedding I will be posting on her Facebook page some of the incredible work she did on the back of my dress, you would never know the changes that were made and I feel like a million bucks every time I have put it on!

Profile Picture Emily, 6/23/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

highly recommend Heather to do the alterations on any wedding dress. She is extremely detail-oriented and made my dress fit me perfectly. In addition, about half-way through the alteration process, I had to switch the shoes I planned to wear with the dress, due to a medical condition. Heather was extremely accommodating in remeasuring the dress to be the correct length for the new shoes. Also, her home studio is AMAZING. She has built a gorgeous space, with a beautiful mirror and a lot of natural light. It feels very high-end when you walk in. Overall, wonderful experience working with Heather, she really is an expert.

Profile Picture Hannah, 6/23/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Heather does AMAZING work! She puts so much pride into the work she does! She treats your dress as if it is her own wedding dress!!! My dress fit perfectly! Thanks so much heather!!

Profile Picture Kaylee, 6/16/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Heather was absolutely amazing to work with! My dress came in less than a month before my wedding. Heather reassured me that it will all work out in plenty of time to the wedding. She gave me a sense of calmness and optimism with the short amount of time we were working with. I had 3 fittings with Heather, and they all were quick and easy. My dress fits amazingly, and I can't say enough good things about my bustle. I absolutely love it and it looks amazing. I am so lucky that I was told about Heather, and that I couldn't be happier with the work that she did. If you are on the fence about who to go with for a seamstress, choose Custom Sewing by Heather!

Profile Picture Kayla, 6/16/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Alterations, Appts. Only

Heather is amazing! She is very friendly and does great work! I would definitely recommend her to anyone needing any dress alterations!

Profile Picture Megan, 6/16/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

One of the best and easiest parts of my wedding planning process! Heather was such a pleasure to work with and made me feel great every step of the way! She was so clear about the alterations that were required, and she executed them impeccably. My dress required significant changes, but she made it look like it was made that way. It is stunning and looks like it was made for me thanks to her artful work. I cannot recommend her enough!! Thank you, Heather!

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/9/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I cannot speak highly enough of Heather's talent and attention to detail. I thought I loved my dress when I tried it on at the store but it took Heather's critical eye and nimble fingers to make it look like the dress was custom made for me. She was a joy to work with.

Profile Picture Carolyn, 6/8/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I went to Heather for my wedding gown alterations and I couldn’t be happier! My dress had a lot of delicate fabric and she worked so with it, not to mention dealing with my crazy friends that would join me for fittings and she was incredible with my schedule changes when I got a new job as well as when weather wouldn’t cooperate over the winter months, she always made it easy to reschedule and was so accommodating! Thank you Heather!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Heather is so talented and does beautiful work! Three years ago, when my sister got married she had Heather do her alterations. Her dress fit her perfectly and Heather even added in a couple special elements to make her dress exactly how she wanted it. I knew when it was my time to get married, I wanted Heather to do my alterations too. Heather is so kind and very knowledgeable about alterations. This puts you at ease that your dress will look amazing. I had a special request for Heather to sew in a pocket so that I could easily access my insulin pump throughout my wedding day. She was able to suggest a way to do this that made it within my reach but still concealed under my dress. I feel beautiful and confident in my dress because of her alteration work. I really liked my dress when I first brought it home from the store but I fell in love with it more and more with each appointment. I am so excited to wear it in a couple days for my wedding! I definitely recommend Heather and her beautiful work. Your dress will turn out beautifully and you will feel amazing!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Bride, Alterations, Appts. Only, Veils

Heather was absolutely amazing! I live out of state and she was so accommodating to my schedule when I was in town! She transformed my dress and made it fit perfectly. I could not have asked for better!

Profile Picture Amanda, 6/2/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Alterations

Heather is an amazing! She tailored my wedding dress to fit exactly how I wanted, understood my vision and was very accommodating, timely and professional! She takes time to understand exactly what you are looking for and with her wealth of experience is able to make it a reality. Along with my wedding dress, she perfectly tailored my sister's dress as well!

Profile Picture Annie , 6/1/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I had a wonderful experience working with Heather. She was easy to work with and she also made my wedding dress vision come to life. She was also very flexible fitting my daughters dress in. I would definitely recommend anyone to come see her.

Profile Picture Kristine, 5/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Great experience. Loved how my dress turned out and how Heather made it look like there were no alterations at all!

Profile Picture Ashlee, 5/19/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Heather made a dress that was a few sizes too big look PERFECT!! She knows what she's doing and is great at it! My dress needed a lot of alterations and when it was becoming very expensive, she dropped down to her lower rate. She was professional and flexible. I needed to move an appointment and she fit me in a different day with no problem. Overall, Heather was great to work with. If you have her do your wedding dress alterations, you can trust it will be in good hands!

Profile Picture Kelsey, 5/11/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Alterations, Bride

I couldn't have asked for a better experience for my dress alterations! To start, Heather was super accommodating - I didn't realize I should have booked my alteration appointments sooner (I waited until my dress came in) and she worked with my weird schedule to squeeze me in. Next each appointment was SO easy. She made me feel so comfortable and walked me through the process. And best of all, when my dress was done it looked AMAZING - my dress was all lace and I feel like that is probably a difficult material to work with but my alterations look flawless. I recommend her to any and all brides- Heather is the best!!!

Profile Picture Lacy , 5/19/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Alterations, Appts. Only, Bride

Heather was amazing to work with! Her magical gift hands brought my dream wedding dress to life! I trusted her with every step of the way and made every appointment comfortable and exciting. Heather was very understanding and listened exactly to what how I envisioned my wedding dress to look like. Heather can absolutely do anything and make anything possible. Especially when it comes to recreating and customizing your wedding dress. I would recommend Heather! Your dress will be on great hands.

Profile Picture Danica, 5/19/18, 1 Review