514 Reviews for Custom Sewing by Heather

Flower Girls (4)
Mother of Groom (3)
Veils (3)
514 Custom Sewing by Heather Reviews

Two weeks before my cousin's wedding, Heather fit me in between other appointments and fixed a cosmetic issue on my dress. She hadn't worked on my dress and had no reason to take on the extra work when she's already booked solid. This showed me how much she cares about her work and helping others. Any future alteration work will be going to Heather!

Profile Picture Karissa, 7/13/19, 1 Review
Services Used: Alterations, Bride, Bridesmaids

I totally procrastinated getting my bridesmaids dress altered for my sisters wedding this summer and two different friends suggested I use Heather. I am SO HAPPY I listened. Not only did she fit me in her schedule in the busiest month of the summer (wedding season is officially upon us) but the dress fits perfectly and was finished in less than a week. AMAZING! On top of this, I was put in charge of "bustling" my sisters dress (which Heather put in the dress) and it is beautiful and VERY easy to follow. The day of will be stress free and the bustle will look great! I would recommend using Heather for any single alteration.

Profile Picture Jill, 10/5/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I had a great experience with Heather . She delivered exactly what I wanted . Absolutely gorgeous

Profile Picture Lanoy, 8/18/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I cannot speak highly enough of Heather's talent and attention to detail. I thought I loved my dress when I tried it on at the store but it took Heather's critical eye and nimble fingers to make it look like the dress was custom made for me. She was a joy to work with.

Profile Picture Carolyn, 6/8/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I went to Heather for my wedding gown alterations and I couldn’t be happier! My dress had a lot of delicate fabric and she worked so with it, not to mention dealing with my crazy friends that would join me for fittings and she was incredible with my schedule changes when I got a new job as well as when weather wouldn’t cooperate over the winter months, she always made it easy to reschedule and was so accommodating! Thank you Heather!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Heather is an amazing! She tailored my wedding dress to fit exactly how I wanted, understood my vision and was very accommodating, timely and professional! She takes time to understand exactly what you are looking for and with her wealth of experience is able to make it a reality. Along with my wedding dress, she perfectly tailored my sister's dress as well!

Profile Picture Annie , 6/1/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I had a wonderful experience working with Heather. She was easy to work with and she also made my wedding dress vision come to life. She was also very flexible fitting my daughters dress in. I would definitely recommend anyone to come see her.

Profile Picture Kristine, 5/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Great experience. Loved how my dress turned out and how Heather made it look like there were no alterations at all!

Profile Picture Ashlee, 5/19/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Heather made a dress that was a few sizes too big look PERFECT!! She knows what she's doing and is great at it! My dress needed a lot of alterations and when it was becoming very expensive, she dropped down to her lower rate. She was professional and flexible. I needed to move an appointment and she fit me in a different day with no problem. Overall, Heather was great to work with. If you have her do your wedding dress alterations, you can trust it will be in good hands!

Profile Picture Kelsey, 5/11/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Alterations, Bride

I couldn't have asked for a better experience for my dress alterations! To start, Heather was super accommodating - I didn't realize I should have booked my alteration appointments sooner (I waited until my dress came in) and she worked with my weird schedule to squeeze me in. Next each appointment was SO easy. She made me feel so comfortable and walked me through the process. And best of all, when my dress was done it looked AMAZING - my dress was all lace and I feel like that is probably a difficult material to work with but my alterations look flawless. I recommend her to any and all brides- Heather is the best!!!

Profile Picture Lacy , 5/19/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Alterations, Appts. Only, Bride

Heather was amazing to work with! Her magical gift hands brought my dream wedding dress to life! I trusted her with every step of the way and made every appointment comfortable and exciting. Heather was very understanding and listened exactly to what how I envisioned my wedding dress to look like. Heather can absolutely do anything and make anything possible. Especially when it comes to recreating and customizing your wedding dress. I would recommend Heather! Your dress will be on great hands.

Profile Picture Danica, 5/19/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Heather was wonderful to work with and made my dream wedding dress a reality! I will definitely be going back to Heather for all my alterations in the future.

Profile Picture Courtney, 5/19/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Heather was absolutely amazing to work with! I was referred to her by a friend and she did an absolute amazing job. She did a series of appointments for my dress and was so accommodating for me. I live in Las Vegas and she was able to fit my appointments in for when I would come home to visit my family. She even took time right before Christmas to work on my dress. My dress has a lot of lace with a very long train and she was able to bustle it perfectly. The whole dress after she was done working with it I was absolutely in love with and I would recommend her to anyone!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 5/12/18, 8 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I would highly recommend Heather to anyone, regardless of the size of the job. I only needed to have my dress hemmed, yet she also provided advice about the train, as well as advice about undergarments. She was absolutely spot on with all of it! Also, she was VERY flexible when I had to cancel an appointment due to a last minute snow storm; knowing how busy she is, I was thankful that she was so gracious and didn't make me feel stressed about it. Thanks Heather!!

Profile Picture Janelle, 5/12/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

If there was a way to rate Heather 10/5 stars, I would! I was referred to Heather through The Wedding Shoppe where I purchased my dress, and I am so blessed I found her! I ordered my dress in December of 2017, and was told it would not arrive until April 2018. My wedding is in May, and I was panicking due to the fact that my alterations would be on a time crunch for the big day. I gave Heather a call in December of 2017 and explained my situation. She booked me for 5 appointments in April 2018 and assured me that she would not book me unless she was confident that she could have my dress done on time. I must add - my dress is nowhere near simple. It is a very heavy dress with thousands of beads, covered in lace, and a fabric packed train including 4 or 5 layers. There is a lot going on with my dress! Heather was able to make my dress look WAY better than I ever thought it could look considering my short and slim figure! She took about two inches off the waist, a couple inches off the bottom, reinforced the cups, added a beautiful beaded belt AND matched it to the dip of the back of my dress, added over 20 bustles to the train, and so much more. Heather knows exactly what she’s doing, and she does it SO well! Many thanks to her, I will be the Belle of the Ball on my big day, and words cannot describe how thankful I am! If you do NOT get your alterations done by Heather, you are making a huge mistake! SERIOUSLY! Call her now, and thank me later!

Profile Picture Holly , 5/12/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Alterations, Bride

Dress fittings have been some of the easiest parts of the wedding planning process, which I really appreciate. Heather knows what she's doing, she's very organized and on top of things, and she's reliable. She did an incredible job altering my dress, and the bustle is amazing. I'm so excited to wear my dress at my wedding in 2 weeks! Brides, I recommend you hire Heather as your seamstress. You won't regret it!

Profile Picture Brianne, 5/11/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Heather is absolutely fabulous at what she does! I love love LOVE my wedding dress & the way she took so much care of it & personalized it to my body. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Profile Picture Jakki, 5/5/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Heather was incredible to work with! She is truly an expert at her craft and is also humble and kind. She is very conscious of her client’s time and is efficient and productive during each session. She took my mother’s wedding dress and made it fit me perfectly as well as changing the design to make it fit my personality. I got several compliments and many family members did not realize that it was my mother’s dress. They believed that I purchased a new dress and were impressed with the work she did once they were told it was not a new dress. I highly recommend her and hope to work with her again in the future.

Profile Picture Danielle, 5/5/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Bride, Alterations

Heather did a beyond stunning job on my prom dress. She was willing to work with you on time and availability, making you feel like her number one priority. I am so impressed with her work, I truly couldn’t have asked for better results!

Profile Picture hannah, 5/4/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Heather took me in on short notice - two months prior to my wedding day! She did a perfect job and was very professional. I couldn’t be happier!

Profile Picture Mindy, 4/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Heather was amazing! You will not be disappointed with her work, her bustle work is amazing and she is so accommodating. I did not realize how far out alterations book for wedding gowns and waited pretty late for my dress. Thankfully Heather saved me and was able to get my wedding dress done in less than 1 month (although you'll definitely want to book her as far out as possible to guarantee!) Her appts always run exactly on time and she does not waste any time! Plus her cute in home studio is gorgeous. Go with Heather for all your wedding dress needs!

Profile Picture Katelyn, 4/21/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Bride, Alterations, Appts. Only, Veils

Heather was absolutely wonderful to work it. I'm so excited about the 31 bustles she put in that is going to make my dress even more beautiful during the first dance.

Profile Picture Carol, 4/14/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Bride, Alterations, Appts. Only

Heather did an amazing job on my wedding dress! She is very creative and has a great eye for what works on you and the dress. She is professional, and I could not be more pleased with my dress.

Thank you Heather!

Profile Picture Taryn, 4/8/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Heather is amazing! She made me feel like I was the only bride in the her world even though I know she has a lot of clients. Her work is outstanding. Her attention to detail is second to none.

Profile Picture Janice, 4/6/18, 1 Review