Custom Photography Reviews

Custom Photography 5
Custom Photography 6
Custom Photography 7

Michelle · Married on 06/07/2014

I saw Mike & Marion Linett at a bridal show. Upon my initial consultation with Mike I knew immediately Mike & Marian were the right photographers for my wedding. His excitement, knowledge, flexibility & pointers convinced me they were it- my best choice! Marion covered my wedding & reception. She arrived early taking pictures of the banquet room/decorations, my bridesmaids & I getting ready; arriving guests & during the ceremony. My ceremony pictures during & after came out beautiful! She took advantage of a catamaran on the beach making sure to capture it in our backgrounds. She was able to capture family & friends celebrating our special day during the reception from our arrival, dinner, toasts & dancing. Her assistant took our funny pictures, which will be remembered by all. She knew exactly when to have us outside for our spectacular sunset pictures on the beach! When Mike & Marion first showed me the pictures I was so in awe of how beautiful they all came out. Marion made sure to include a picture of my husband's late parents & my late father that I had on the guest book table for a memorial to them. It brought happy tears. They work with any budget! If you want the best photographers Mike & Marion Linett are for you!

Sent on 03/01/2015

John · Married on 06/01/2014

Mike was our photographer. Professional. Went out of his way to make sure our family was included in all portraits. My grandmother is in a wheelchair and was made comfortable and posed in a way that we couldn't really see her incapacity. Would highly recommend he or his wife for any wedding with older family members. Thank you Custom Photography. You are the very best on service and delivery as well.

Sent on 06/29/2014

Lauren · Married on 05/31/2014

Mike and Marian Linett are wonderful! They are incredibly nice and personal, and very professional! We first met them at a bridal show, and we are so glad we booked Custom Photography for our wedding!

Our first session was our engagement pictures with Mike. I had a list of poses that I really wanted, and he made sure that he got all of the shots I wanted, and took lots of other shots as well! We did them in a really beautiful park. They all turned out to be really cute and we are so happy with them!

The next thing was my bridal portraits. Mike was taking the pictures, and since my dress was very large, Marian helped situate my dress and train for many of the shots. They really took the time to make sure that everything looked perfect. The pictures were beautiful!

Lastly was our wedding and reception. Mike got to the church just before I did, and was taking pictures from the moment I arrived. He captured every special moment of the day from me getting ready to the grand exit at the end of the reception. All of the pictures are beautiful. I can not imagine better pictures.

I highly recommend Custom Photography. They are wonderful! I cannot wait to get my photo album made!

Sent on 07/28/2014
  • F

Fiona · Married on 05/18/2014

I love them, I recommend this awesome couple to anyone who is reading this and to my friends and family who are planning on getting married in the future.

Sent on 12/27/2014

I cannot say this enough: Mike & Marion Linett (the co-owners of Custom Photography) are amazing. My husband and I hired Custom for our engagement and wedding photos. Our engagement photos were amazing and I can't wait to see the wedding photos. Our guests loved Mike's upbeat attitude and sense of humor. If you need a photographer, this is the man for you.

Sent on 05/20/2014

Genell · Married on 05/10/2014

Mike and Marion are so friendly and accommodating. I had a great time working with them.

Sent on 10/04/2014

Lance · Married on 05/09/2014

Very pleased. Thank you for your exceptional service provided to my bride, our families and myself.

Sent on 08/02/2014

Bob · Married on 04/27/2014

the best service and excellent results

Sent on 05/23/2014

Jamie · Married on 04/12/2014

Custom Photography photographed my future in-laws 50th Wedding Anniversary party. They were professional and ensured to capture all of the special moments. They also ensured to capture the guests so the couple could share with them. I was really impressed with their flexibility as they traveled over an hour to the site. There were no time constraints and they stayed as long as we wanted them to and captured all the fun moments and memories of an AMAZING celebration of 50 years of marriage. Plus we were even able to have family photos taken which have never been done!

The original purpose of inquiring about their services was for my wedding, and the anniversary party topic came up. They were enthusiastic about both events and put a package together to include both! Too easy and awesome! The price was incredibly reasonable too for all that was included!

I never had any problems contacting them or scheduling to meet with them. Mike and Marian are professional and a fun couple to work with! They are the ones you want to capture any special day! I can't wait for them to capture my special day!

Sent on 06/14/2014

Janet · Married on 02/28/2014

Our photographer went out of her way to make sure everything for our wedding was perfect. Starting with pinning flowers, rearranging place settings for "perfection" and treating everyone as family. We were very pleased with Mrs. Linett as our photographer. The wedding album is beautiful and the wall hanging has the look of a classic painting. a mere thank you is an understatement. There are people who pass your way during life's journey that you never forget. Marian Linett is one of those people

Sent on 08/10/2014

scott · Married on 02/14/2014

We hired Mike and Marian to come out to Vegas for our destination wedding. What a wonderful decision it was like having best friends capture all our memories. The photographs are fantastic and we all had a glorious time. If you plan a destination wedding, take the Linetts with you. You will be more than pleased.

Sent on 04/07/2014

Lei · Married on 01/31/2014

There could have been no other choice for my wedding photographers. The Linetts have been customers of my parents' restaurant in Virginia Beach for over 25 years bringing both families together for all occasions in our lives. My siblings and I grew up as friends with their boys. Our wedding took place on a Friday in January at a venue that Mike and Marian assisted in locating. At some points during our reception, a family member was handed the camera and the Linetts are in our pictures. Along with our families, we are thrilled with all the memories of our wedding.

Sent on 06/05/2014

Chelsea · Married on 12/21/2013

Wow ! I can only say that you can't go wrong choosing Mike and Marian to capture one of the most important days of your life! They are such wonderful folks to work with. I first met them at a bridal show. And immediately I felt their passion for bridal/wedding photography and their commitment to giving you the best. So needless to say, I hired them on the spot. They are prompt and professional. But the great thing about them, besides the awesome photos, is the way they mingle with the guests and participants. They make everyone feel special and certainly provide more than enough photos to capture the entire wedding and reception. Although I only met them a few months prior to the wedding, I feel like I've know them forever. I highly recommend Custom Photography (Mike and Marian) to anyone who wants great memories of your special day.

Sent on 02/07/2014

mel · Married on 12/01/2013

a perfect wedding experience. fit our needs and budget.

Sent on 01/30/2014

Sue · Married on 11/17/2013

Thanks go out to Mike and Marian at Custom Photography for wonderful wedding photographs. Our Sunday wedding was planned at the last minute to accomodate deployments (yes plural because we are both military). They were also instrumental in assisting in locating an officiant as well as a venue for our wedding day. We are extremely pleased with everything and would highly recommend to any couple looking for the best in wedding photography.

Sent on 03/16/2014

Laura · Married on 11/02/2013

There are no words to describe how happy I am with the photography for our engagement and our wedding. It was November 2 at the Wyndham Hotel in Virginia Beach Virginia. My husband and I had the pleasure of working with both Mike and Marian for our special days of photography. They were so responsive the entire time and always extremely accessible if we ever needed anything. Not to mention they make you feel just like family. AND they are incredibly friendly and have the biggest hearts. Could you ask for anything better?Your wedding day is such a special moment, you want to make sure to capture every single moment (that you probably won't be remember!) And Mike did just that. He got every angle, and took several pictures of the same shot, to ensure options! There were several shots either me or my mother wanted to make sure we got, so I printed them out from online and showed him, and he made sure to get those specific family pictures. He became part of our party, but you never felt like he was too invasive. We were married in a Church, and he was so respectful, also getting every picture we could have dreamed of. Both Mike and Marian are incredibly creative. I honestly could not have asked for better, and would recommend Custom Photography 1000 times to anyone searching. I want to get married again just so I can have the experience of working with them all over again!

Sent on 11/23/2013

Courtney · Married on 10/19/2013

We hired Custom Photography to take pictures of our wedding ceremony and reception. We went into it thinking he'd take pictures and we'd worry about books or prints later. We were so extremely pleased with their work. Mike was our photographer, and where the action was Mike was sure to be there. The photos impressed us so much we had to order photo books from them as well. If we could have giving them 10s we would. They were very personable, attentive, and energetic. We would recommend them to everyone. Thank you again, Lee & Courtney

Sent on 11/23/2013

We found Mike at a do it yourself wedding show and everything was up hill from there. He has a great personality and is very friendly and accommodating. He does not make you feel pressured to make any decisions. On our wedding day Mike was there the entire day which was great. He was able to capture all the moments we wanted. He was great with the kids and everyone commented on how great of a personality he had and how friendly he was. Mike was able to get all of the great wedding photos we wanted, and had great ideas of different poses to use in photos. The turn around to get our images back was also super fast, which made my wife and I very happy. The photos came out great and were exactly what we wanted. Mike was even nice enough to offer his assistance in choosing specific photos to build a book for out parents. We were both very glad we found, and chose Mike and his wife to be the photographer at our wedding. With all of the stress that comes with a wedding we did not have to worry about the photographer or how the pictures were going to come out, which was a huge relief. I would highly recommend Mike to anyone who wants a photographer with a great personality, experienced and professional mannerisms.

Sent on 12/11/2013

James · Married on 10/11/2013

Our wedding took place on Friday, October 11, 2013, and last night we picked up our DVD's with all the wedding photographs and paperwork to plan our wedding album. When we started planning our Outer Banks wedding, my future wife looked at me in puzzlement when I told her that my choice for photographers was actually a customer that came into my restaurant quite often. Mike and Marian would always stop by after beach and family sessions and were always so up-beat that it was my idea to ask them to be our photographers. When my wife met them and saw all their wedding samples, she was quite pleased and agreed with everything I had been telling her.

Since our wedding was on a Friday, Mike and Marian were both there. When my tux came out of the bag, it was discovered that I had no cuff links, and it was too late to contact the tux store. Mike said no problem and gave me the ones from his own shirt
    to wear for our ceremony. All this happens while Marian was photographing the girls getting ready.

I was amazed that the priest at our church already knew both Mike and Marian from weddings in Norfolk and Virginia Beach. It was like long lost friends with all the hugging between the three of them.

Our wedding pictures capture everything that happened at our wedding and some things that we did not even realize were going on. We are very happy with the quality that Mike and Marian have delivered to us and can't wait to plan our wedding album. The album that we selected has 50 pages so hopefully it will hold all the love and excitement from our wedding.

Forgot to mention at the end of the night after church, beach and reception, when we all said our good-byes, Mike just said "Hey need my cuff links for tomorrow's wedding."
    We love both of these guys and so happy they were our photographers.

Sent on 11/13/2013

Victoria& Ray · Married on 09/20/2013

All I can say is WOOOOOOWWWW!!!! Just A+++++ service from our Engagement Pictures to Bridal Portraits. Mike and Marian are very humorous and delightful couple's that want to make every bit of your Special day spectacular and gorgeous. Me and My Husband are newly weds and did not know what to expect from the first encounter when we met mike; whether or not if the pictures were going to come out right and if they really understood what we wanted but, we saw something special in them when we were at the Virginia Beach Bridal show. JUST FANTASTIC mike had an SHOW-SPECIAL package including Engagements, Bridal, and Wedding day photos. The Engagements photos were just beautiful; Marian even had us on the ground taking photos; she was very creative of different pose's which I like. Numerous photo shots at my wedding. Can not think of anything that they did not think of or do to make my wedding day beautiful!! 20 years from now these pictures will be in our memories and we will have something special to show our children.

Sent on 10/15/2013

Hosannah · Married on 09/20/2013

Custom Photography is an awesome vendor... they provided exceptional pictures for my wedding. We had a great time during our engagement and bridal photo shoots as well.

I had an evening wedding at The Founders Inn. I was worried that the pictures will come out dark and blurred but I was proven wrong when I received my DVDs. They came out dramatic and very elegant. Marian Linett captured every monumental moment that night. I cannot ask for anything more.

Thank you Marian and Mike for everything.

Sent on 11/08/2013

Matt · Married on 09/14/2013

My wife & I walked into the Chesapeake Convention Center for a bridal show that she had drug me out to. I was fully expecting to be bored out of my mind. We had no expectations of booking any service that day we were just there to "look". Mike & Marian had us from hello. Their booth was professional, they were both dressed with pride (Mike in a tux) & they were eager to to hear our story. They weren't pushy, trying to over sell or force a contract. They want to hear your story and get to know YOU before anything else.
    We were BLOWN AWAY by their work. We told Mike when our wedding was & as he pulled out his pocket calendar and flipped through the pages we noticed just how popular he was. He was booked SOLID. That is, he was booked every weekend EXCEPT our date. My wife & I walked away in awe. We went back less than 30 min later and booked Mike for our special day.
    Working with Mike was that fun time that we needed every now and then with constant contact, guidance and words of wisdom. He was more than a photographer he became a friend. As we told are friends who we had chosen we learned very quickly that there were several friends of ours that had used Mike & Marian in the past.
    On the wedding day Mike arrived on time & ready to go. He was full of energy, worked with both my wife & I to meet our wishes & took AMAZING shots. We were once again blown away. They are the best of the best & we will forever recommend them as our top choice for wedding photography. Don't let Mikes ladders scare you either, he gets some of his best shots from the upper level. They have become our friends. Do yourself a favor, stop looking and call Mike and Marian Linett of Custom Photography. I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 11/13/2013

Anthony · Married on 09/09/2013

I, Anthony, and my wife, Michelle, were recommened to Mike and Marian for our wedding photographers. I have to say, I wish they did more then just weddings and engagements.

When we first met with the linetts, we were treated like their own kids, and not a paycheck/payday. We had our 3 year old son Alex with us, and boy, my son who is usually shy, felt right at home. Mike played with alex like it was his own grandchild and that was really great. He even bounced the super ball with alex right off the table. Marian was awesome, she told us stories that had us laughing for almost 3hours. They exceeded everything we hoped for.

They will be on location, before you even get there. They photograph from the time the DJs arrive, while youre setting up decorations, ceremony, reception an even as people were leaving. I cant begin to say how much WE love Mike and Marian. Hopefully we can work out a portrait session with the two of them, just wishful thinking.

They delievered. 120%. I wouldnt recommend anyone else for wedding occassions. They are 100% devoted to the couple, more so the bride,(right mike?) and making sure we have a story in pictures for the rest of our lives.

Anyone can take a picture, but these two wonderful people, write stories, beginning to end, with their photographs. We are absolutly thrilled with how our pictures turned out. Thank you Mike and Marian.

FYI To Future Brides; It doesnt matter which of these two wonderful people photograph your wedding and engagements, Mike was our photographer, and he lightened the mood being able to beautiful shots, even in the dark. They are truly devoted to you and your ceremony on that day. If you get mike, you might even catch him doing the cha cha slide and cupid shuffle while hes taking pictures. They are without a doubt, Best For Buiness. Remember, they will work with you, they will go out of their way, and you will be pleased.

Anthony and Michelle Butera.

Sent on 11/01/2013

Custom Photograhy is a great and professional company. I would definitely recommend them to friends and family. Our pictures both the casual and wedding came out beautiful it left me breathless. I can't wait to do our family portrait with them.

Sent on 10/22/2013

Mike and Marian Linett were an absolute pleasure to work with. They shot my bridal portraits and our entire wedding day, and we are so pleased with the results!

Mike and Marian both came to my bridal portrait, and they were fabulous. Mike did the photography and Marian did much of the staging, arranging the pleats of my dress before each individual shot! Mike and Marian think of little things when staging a portrait that I just never would have considered. For example, we were on a staircase, but before Mike took the shot, he moved me so it didn't look like I was being impaled by the rear railing! We were so pleased with the portraits, and the framed portrait on display at the wedding got so many compliments!

On the day of the wedding, Mike arrived at the church before anyone else. He took so many beautiful pictures of details in the church (stained glass, flowers, etc.) that I'm so grateful to have because the day was such a blur! Mike took great pictures of me and my girls as well as my husband and his groomsmen, and we were fortunate to get a few photos done before the ceremony. I couldn't be happier with the shots of my wedding ceremony. Mike took photos from the rear of the church as well as the balcony, and they are perfect! Mike moved silently through the rear of the church, and blended in perfectly - I forgot he was there during the ceremony!

We had so much fun at our reception, and Mike was there to capture every minute of it, from the introduction to the last dance. Mike and Marian helped us preserve the most important day in our lives, and we are so pleased with the service they provide!

We highly recommend Mike and Marian Linett of Custom Photography to anyone looking for seasoned professionals to capture their special day!

Sent on 10/18/2013