Custom Photography Reviews

283 | Virginia Beach, VA

283 Reviews for Custom Photography

I met Mike at a bridal show, and I picked him because I felt like I was getting the best value of the package I got for the best price. We got engagement photos, bridal portraits, and of course the wedding day. I'm very happy! All my pictures are beautiful! It did take a while to get the pictures back, but that's because we got ALL of them, and all of them touched up, not like some people just offer to touch up so many. Mike is very sweet, and very outgoing we had a great time having him at the wedding capturing every moment!

Sent on 12/30/2014

Heather · Married on 10/05/2014

I found custom photography at a bridal show and loved them. I spoke with them twice, once with my now husband and once with my mother and everybody instantly agreed on how great they were. I worked personally with Mike on my wedding and he was great. He really gave me some great options with our smaller budget and little knowledge of what we wanted. Everyone at the wedding loved Mike's personality and he really becomes invisible during the ceremony. We have just gotten our pictures back and they are wonderful!! We have gotten so many complements and so many times we have caught ourselves saying I don't even remember Mike being there for that particular picture. We love Mike and Marion's work and you most certainly will too.

Sent on 12/26/2014

Coretta · Married on 09/27/2014

I absolutely loved working with this vendor. Would HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend anyone to use Custom Photography as their number 1 choice in photographers!!!

Sent on 10/08/2014

Lori · Married on 09/26/2014

I found Mike Linett and Custom Photography through Thumbtack.com and was so glad I did! His price quote, openness and understanding of what I wanted was the best. He made this one aspect of a stress-full plan easy.Not only was he wiling to travel, and brave the beach, he came dressed to match the theme of the wedding. He blended in so well some of the family thought he was a guest : ). I received my photos within two weeks and when my husband and I reviewed them we spent a lot of time smiling and reliving the event. A great job! Hands down would hire Mike again.

Sent on 10/07/2014
  • DeShaun and Dee

Dee · Married on 07/12/2014

Custom Photography provides amazing service and are the most knowledgeable, understanding, detailed, and sweetest individuals we have ever met. The Linnett's were the 1st vendor we went to and from them we set our high standards with our upcoming vendors. They were the only photography vendor we went to and I fell in love with their work. As a Graphic Arts major I was able to pick apart each picture to see if they had any mistakes and I could not find one. Also, I love the unique pictures they take, they don't just photograph the traditional ones. Mike also told us that he will be there from the preparing of the day to the end of the reception and, HE WAS (just tell him where to go and he's there)!!! And if you want him to take a specific shot, just give him his queue before hand and he will do it. THEY HAVE PROOF (I believe this is also why I didn't want us to leave before we earned their business)!!! They will even setup another later date if the weather does not work in your favor on your wedding day (YOU CAN'T BEAT THAT!!!). The Linnett's worked with our budget until we paid them off. We are also happy to state that they are very punctual and have an excellent response time. We are already pleased with their work and know that we will be even happier when we receive our wedding day photos. Thank you, Linnett's…. LOVE YOU

Sent on 02/13/2014

David · Married on 06/21/2014

The Linett's were awesome. They provided top notch service. Mrs. Linett was our photographer for the day of the wedding and she arrived early. She was able to get a lot of photo's of the set up and when it came time for the ceremony/reception she was all over the place taking photos. She was great!

From the first meeting with them, me and my fiance knew this was the couple to do our photography. They give you a family feeling. Very reasonable on pricing. Well worth the price.

If you are looking for a photographer, look no further. You will get top notch service coupled with family friendly people. Me and my wife couldn't recommend better photographers, these two were the BEST!

Sent on 09/19/2014

Mike · Married on 06/21/2014

Mike and Marian Linett did an amazing job for our beach wedding in June! We first met them by going out to their studio in Virginia Beach. We were interested in their photography because of their experience in beach wedding photography on the Outer Banks. While they were showing us their photography collection we came across a wedding they did for our friend Starza in San Juan. They did such a great job with their wedding that we decided to book them that day. We met about a week before the wedding to do a photoshoot with the two of us on the beach and in front of the Bode Island lighthouse. We managed to get a bunch of great photos right before a storm rolled into the Outer Banks. Mike was the photographer for our wedding and was extremely professional even dealing with some of our more discourteous friends and family. He also did a great job of clearing out people from the shots on the beach. He arrived early and took a lot of great shots of the bridesmaids getting ready, the setup of the reception hall, and the setup of the beach ceremony. The beach ceremony shots turned out great even though it was extremely bright and hot outside for the ceremony. The reception photos looked great and he stayed late to get tons of great photos of everyone dancing. I highly recommend their photography service!

Sent on 01/14/2015
  • Reka

Reka · Married on 06/14/2014

If you are seeking the "Top of the Line" in customer service, quality of work and total satisfaction then look no more. Mike & Marion Linett of Custom Photography is a class act. You will not find a better, more qualified, award winning, joy of people to work with than these two. One of the many praises I have about them making our special day one we will cherish for life is the fact that they were able to work with our limited budget. Since we booked them a year out, we were able to make payments up to just weeks before the wedding. Which was a major help for us because we paid for our wedding ourselves and were able to do so with no credit card debt or loans. Best of all, we did not have to sacrifice on quality of work. Mike & Marion treated us like royalty and catered to all of our request and needs. Even down to our engagement and wedding dress photo shoot were Marian helped my bride Enriqua with her wedding dress fitting and even put on her shoes! You can't find better customer service than that if you tried. They have 30 plus years in this industry and it shows. Any one of your photos could easily be featured on the coverer of the best wedding magazines in this country. So if you are Blessed enough to book them early enough to do your wedding; you are in the best possible hands you could hope to be in. If the unfortunate chance arrives and they are NOT available to do your wedding on the day you want.-SWITCH YOUR DATE! They are that good.
    Hope this was helpful,
    Lance and Enriqua McKinney

Sent on 06/26/2014

Excellent service. Very professional. Pictures of ceremony, reception were awesome. Bridal portraits were amazing.

Sent on 08/16/2014

Herman and Avis · Married on 06/07/2014

Herman and I ( Avis, the bride) met Mike and Marion at the Norfolk wedding expo in December of 2013. Wow... Such nice people! We were impressed with them from the moment that we met. The booth display was set up with beautiful portraits and a variety of wedding albums. His work looked amazing! We had our engagement photos taken in May of 2014 on the Portsmouth waterfront. Those pictures appeared as if he captured the very essence of our love! Oh my, right then and there, I just knew the wedding photos would be fantastic! We viewed our wedding photos last night and I felt as if I was caught up in the moments of the ceremony. I can not fully express my many emotions as I watched the slideshow of our Unity Sand Ceremony. It was amazing!! The photos at both of our receptions were on point! All of our special moments were captured. The photos of our guest were outstanding. Mike was with us from the time of my makeup application until the end of our second reception. He was admired by all the quests. He has excellent communication skills and a lovely personality! He is definitely a people person!!! Thank you Mike. I am so glad that we chose Custom Photography for our wedding day! We will cherish these wonderful photos forever.
    Herman and Avis Jones

Sent on 07/02/2014

Michelle · Married on 06/07/2014

I saw Mike & Marion Linett at a bridal show. Upon my initial consultation with Mike I knew immediately Mike & Marian were the right photographers for my wedding. His excitement, knowledge, flexibility & pointers convinced me they were it- my best choice! Marion covered my wedding & reception. She arrived early taking pictures of the banquet room/decorations, my bridesmaids & I getting ready; arriving guests & during the ceremony. My ceremony pictures during & after came out beautiful! She took advantage of a catamaran on the beach making sure to capture it in our backgrounds. She was able to capture family & friends celebrating our special day during the reception from our arrival, dinner, toasts & dancing. Her assistant took our funny pictures, which will be remembered by all. She knew exactly when to have us outside for our spectacular sunset pictures on the beach! When Mike & Marion first showed me the pictures I was so in awe of how beautiful they all came out. Marion made sure to include a picture of my husband's late parents & my late father that I had on the guest book table for a memorial to them. It brought happy tears. They work with any budget! If you want the best photographers Mike & Marion Linett are for you!

Sent on 03/01/2015

John · Married on 06/01/2014

Mike was our photographer. Professional. Went out of his way to make sure our family was included in all portraits. My grandmother is in a wheelchair and was made comfortable and posed in a way that we couldn't really see her incapacity. Would highly recommend he or his wife for any wedding with older family members. Thank you Custom Photography. You are the very best on service and delivery as well.

Sent on 06/29/2014

Lauren · Married on 05/31/2014

Mike and Marian Linett are wonderful! They are incredibly nice and personal, and very professional! We first met them at a bridal show, and we are so glad we booked Custom Photography for our wedding!

Our first session was our engagement pictures with Mike. I had a list of poses that I really wanted, and he made sure that he got all of the shots I wanted, and took lots of other shots as well! We did them in a really beautiful park. They all turned out to be really cute and we are so happy with them!

The next thing was my bridal portraits. Mike was taking the pictures, and since my dress was very large, Marian helped situate my dress and train for many of the shots. They really took the time to make sure that everything looked perfect. The pictures were beautiful!

Lastly was our wedding and reception. Mike got to the church just before I did, and was taking pictures from the moment I arrived. He captured every special moment of the day from me getting ready to the grand exit at the end of the reception. All of the pictures are beautiful. I can not imagine better pictures.

I highly recommend Custom Photography. They are wonderful! I cannot wait to get my photo album made!

Sent on 07/28/2014
  • F

Fiona · Married on 05/18/2014

I love them, I recommend this awesome couple to anyone who is reading this and to my friends and family who are planning on getting married in the future.

Sent on 12/27/2014

I cannot say this enough: Mike & Marion Linett (the co-owners of Custom Photography) are amazing. My husband and I hired Custom for our engagement and wedding photos. Our engagement photos were amazing and I can't wait to see the wedding photos. Our guests loved Mike's upbeat attitude and sense of humor. If you need a photographer, this is the man for you.

Sent on 05/20/2014

Genell · Married on 05/10/2014

Mike and Marion are so friendly and accommodating. I had a great time working with them.

Sent on 10/04/2014

Lance · Married on 05/09/2014

Very pleased. Thank you for your exceptional service provided to my bride, our families and myself.

Sent on 08/02/2014

Bob · Married on 04/27/2014

the best service and excellent results

Sent on 05/23/2014

Jamie · Married on 04/12/2014

Custom Photography photographed my future in-laws 50th Wedding Anniversary party. They were professional and ensured to capture all of the special moments. They also ensured to capture the guests so the couple could share with them. I was really impressed with their flexibility as they traveled over an hour to the site. There were no time constraints and they stayed as long as we wanted them to and captured all the fun moments and memories of an AMAZING celebration of 50 years of marriage. Plus we were even able to have family photos taken which have never been done!

The original purpose of inquiring about their services was for my wedding, and the anniversary party topic came up. They were enthusiastic about both events and put a package together to include both! Too easy and awesome! The price was incredibly reasonable too for all that was included!

I never had any problems contacting them or scheduling to meet with them. Mike and Marian are professional and a fun couple to work with! They are the ones you want to capture any special day! I can't wait for them to capture my special day!

Sent on 06/14/2014

Janet · Married on 02/28/2014

Our photographer went out of her way to make sure everything for our wedding was perfect. Starting with pinning flowers, rearranging place settings for "perfection" and treating everyone as family. We were very pleased with Mrs. Linett as our photographer. The wedding album is beautiful and the wall hanging has the look of a classic painting. a mere thank you is an understatement. There are people who pass your way during life's journey that you never forget. Marian Linett is one of those people

Sent on 08/10/2014

scott · Married on 02/14/2014

We hired Mike and Marian to come out to Vegas for our destination wedding. What a wonderful decision it was like having best friends capture all our memories. The photographs are fantastic and we all had a glorious time. If you plan a destination wedding, take the Linetts with you. You will be more than pleased.

Sent on 04/07/2014

Lei · Married on 01/31/2014

There could have been no other choice for my wedding photographers. The Linetts have been customers of my parents' restaurant in Virginia Beach for over 25 years bringing both families together for all occasions in our lives. My siblings and I grew up as friends with their boys. Our wedding took place on a Friday in January at a venue that Mike and Marian assisted in locating. At some points during our reception, a family member was handed the camera and the Linetts are in our pictures. Along with our families, we are thrilled with all the memories of our wedding.

Sent on 06/05/2014

Chelsea · Married on 12/21/2013

Wow ! I can only say that you can't go wrong choosing Mike and Marian to capture one of the most important days of your life! They are such wonderful folks to work with. I first met them at a bridal show. And immediately I felt their passion for bridal/wedding photography and their commitment to giving you the best. So needless to say, I hired them on the spot. They are prompt and professional. But the great thing about them, besides the awesome photos, is the way they mingle with the guests and participants. They make everyone feel special and certainly provide more than enough photos to capture the entire wedding and reception. Although I only met them a few months prior to the wedding, I feel like I've know them forever. I highly recommend Custom Photography (Mike and Marian) to anyone who wants great memories of your special day.

Sent on 02/07/2014

mel · Married on 12/01/2013

a perfect wedding experience. fit our needs and budget.

Sent on 01/30/2014

Sue · Married on 11/17/2013

Thanks go out to Mike and Marian at Custom Photography for wonderful wedding photographs. Our Sunday wedding was planned at the last minute to accomodate deployments (yes plural because we are both military). They were also instrumental in assisting in locating an officiant as well as a venue for our wedding day. We are extremely pleased with everything and would highly recommend to any couple looking for the best in wedding photography.

Sent on 03/16/2014