Custom Photography Reviews

283 | Virginia Beach, VA

283 Reviews for Custom Photography

Billie · Married on 09/19/2015

The Linett's did an outstanding job with our daughters wedding. We were very pleased and in fact had them do all three daughters weddings.

Sent on 12/01/2015

Christie · Married on 09/13/2015

Mike and Marian Linett were amazing to work with. Mike shot our engagement, bridal and wedding photos. He was so easy going, exactly what we wanted. Our vision for our wedding was for it to be fun, stress free and a big party which is exactly what we got and Mike captured perfectly. I would highly recommend the Linett's for your wedding. We will cherish the pictures forever!

Sent on 11/08/2015
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 09/13/2015

Mike and Marian were great! From the first time we met them at a bridal show, they took us under their wing and treated us like family. They helped us pick a beautiful spot for our engagement photos, even included our 8 month old daughter in some of the photos! We were new to the area, so they recommended a DJ, who was amazing as well, had nothing but great things to say about our wedding venue and coordinator. They made me feel like a princess for my bridal portraits, paying close attention to all the smalls details to make the portraits beautiful. They day of the wedding was a little hectic, due to the weather and having to change venue last minute and bossy bridesmaids, but Marian rolled with the punches and was very professional. Marian made sure to get all the photos that we wanted, plus lots of extras and surprises. She wasn't one of those photographers that stood in the background, she was actually out of the dance floor with everyone to get the candid shots! We consider Mike and Marian part of the family and highly recommend them as wedding photographers!

Sent on 11/15/2015

Shaundra · Married on 09/10/2015

Our midweek OBX September beach wedding was planned to hopefully eliminate stress, but we were in for a surprise. Hopes of moderate temperatures shot up to a high of 94 with humidity and drizzle. Our beach wedding with tented reception was appearing to be only a dream. Whenever we called Mike or Marian, they both had a tremendous calming effect constantly assuring me that everything would work out and our wedding would be beautiful no matter where it ended up taking place. I honestly believe either of these two could photograph a wedding in the middle of a riot and it would look like a planned celebration. We had to move from Wednesday to Thursday to accomodate the weather. With well meaning relatives and friends continuously offering opinions, the Linetts had clear thoughts and their feet on the ground throughout the entire celebration. With the weather and mid-week, they were both at our wedding taking turns to dry out after being soaked. Images have been delivered, and we are thrilled not only with our wonderful memories, but also with our new friends, the Linetts.

Sent on 10/01/2015

They shot my mother's wedding about 27 years ago and my god moms wedding. It was so cool to have the same photographer who shot theirs shoot mine too!

Sent on 10/29/2015

I love my pictures and they were able to accommodate me even though I called the day before I got married.

Sent on 09/01/2015

Theresa · Married on 07/31/2015

Mike came with an energy all his own. He made everyone feel comfortable and got impossible shots through the wedding!

Their bedside manner when dealing with couples is perfect. I was put at ease during the bridal portrait and when picking up photos, they seemed like family.

Sent on 10/06/2015

Joshua · Married on 07/31/2015

Wonderful photographers. Made everyone feel relaxed and at ease during a hyped wedding. Mike caught photos from every angle, and had the foresight to include "background" photos for our wedding book. Bravo.

Sent on 10/06/2015

Ricardo & Esther · Married on 07/03/2015

Very professional, reliable, and all of my wedding pictures come out incredibly well. Mike Linett is the best photographer out there.

Sent on 05/11/2016

Michelle · Married on 06/19/2015

The part of wedding planning that caused me the most amount of stress was selecting a photographer. Not only are there an overwhelming amount of them, but it was hard to find someone that you would really love to have at your event and was truly talented. We took engagement photos with a family friend photographer that made me cry for days. I absolutely hated how we looked in every photo and I was absolutely positively scared of it happening again. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen a photo of myself that I wasn't ready to just crumple down in a drawer somewhere so I was worried about spending money for photos I wouldn't want to see!

Upon answering a fateful Craigslist ad, viewing wedding wire reviews, and talking to Mike and Marian - making the decision was then absolutely easy. From the first meeting, my fears were laid to rest as they showed photos from other weddings they have done. They showed photos of people, real people of all shapes and sizes, and they all looked great!

We just got our wedding photos back a couple of days ago, which was a lot faster than I thought it would be! I have to say I absolutely loved every photo. He captured some of the most beautiful and lovely moments.

We took our engagement photos after the wedding, because we got kind of busy.... but it was amazing that there was no judgment on us being a tad late on that! They've seen it all! While we haven't gotten those back yet, Marian was so attentive to every detail and was also just such a pleasant joy to be around! From the views she showed us from her camera, we have no doubt we will love those just as much as well!

Overall, it was so great to meet these two lovely people and have them share an experience with us! And to all my fellow plus-sized brides out there, do yourself a favor and look into Custom Photography! I am so glad we did! I cannot say enough how wonderful our experience was!

Sent on 08/21/2015

Jerry · Married on 06/15/2015

My wife, my fiancee then, took me to visit Marian and Mike Linett and they were so much fun and friendly and easy to talk to we decided to use them immediately for our engagement and wedding session. They made my wife and i feel like family. I love that they did not treat her badly as I love her just the way she is and she is not a thin girl. The pictures they did made us look so happy and wonderful together. The pictures and wedding album turned out amazing. I would definitely recommend to anyone for your wedding pictures. You will be happy you did!

Sent on 12/03/2015

Lindsay · Married on 06/14/2015

Custom Photography was a delight to work with. They were courteous, professional, and flexible. The pictures turned out gorgeous and we cherish our wedding album. I would highly recommend anyone looking for photography experts to contact Custom Photography. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 06/13/2015

Justin · Married on 06/06/2015

Marian and Mike were very professional and are very easy to talk to. They make you feel like you have known them a long time. There prices were amazing and they are very flexable. Marian who took our pictures knew exactly which pictures to take with the lighting and all ove our guest loved talking to her due to her amazing personnality. Mike was very professional when showing us samples of there work and both Marian and Mike always had a smile on there face. They deffinetly love what they do. The final product of our pictures came out amazing. Mike and Marian of Custom Photography is a must 5.0 and five stars. I would highley recommend anyone to hire them. You will be very impressed with the final product.

Sent on 06/28/2015

Cassandra · Married on 05/30/2015

When choosing a photographer for an event such as wedding, you have to be sure that you are working with professionals who care considerably about their craft. Custom Photography worked with us every step of the way, for each of our three sessions.

Our engagement photos were on a cold grey day, but our results came out fantastic! From posing us to fixing hair, Mike and Marian took great care that everything was to our satisfaction.

On my bridal day, I was provided an in-studio dressing room to prepare, as well as walked away with my bridal images on CD the very same day! The quality of work reflects in each individual photograph, and leaves me proud and smiling each time I see how well they were taken.

On our wedding day, Mike showed up early, (unfortunately, I was not ready for pre-pictures yet) but he understood the chaos completely and went and worked the rounds with the guys (we know they don't take nearly as long for prep-work ;) ) He got every moment in detail, so that we relived our wedding day without the hectic feelings attached at a later date. Now we've gotten 394 photos to sift through for our albums, which I have no doubt will be just as beautifully arranged as were our many poses and photos :)

Thank you Mike & Marian, for everything you've done for us!

Jeremy & Cassandra Tavares

Sent on 07/28/2015

laurie · Married on 05/23/2015

Marian was a delight! She was quick and efficient yet she blended right in with the wedding party. We had a blast! Her creativity came through in the pictures. Absolutely beautiful photographs that we will always treasure.

Sent on 07/21/2015

Chris · Married on 05/11/2015

Picking Custom Photography was truly a blessing! We had a family beach wedding and couldn't have made a better choice! Mike came prepared and knew the relations, people's names, who to group together and EVERYONE loved the energy he brought! At the last minute, we asked if he could come early and not only did he show up early to convenience us, but he stayed later than expected. He took great shots and captured intimate moments giving us memories that will last forever! When he left we didn't expect a call so quick, but he called the next day to tell us that Marian burned the midnight oil so we could see a slide show of the pictures he took before we left the beach. This was a wonderful way to enjoy the moment and know that you have a professional at your service! Thank you Mike & Marian Linett.

Sent on 06/13/2015

brenda · Married on 05/03/2015

We met Mike & Marian at a January 2015 bridal show. They were able to show us loads of samples from our venue giving us an idea of exactly how our wedding and reception would look like in photographs. We were so glad that we had chosen a May Sunday wedding date because they were both already booked on Friday and Saturday. The two of us picked up our DVD today and paperwork for planning our wedding album, and we are so excited to get started selecting our favorites for our album and parent albums. We have so much to choose from that it will be a really hard job picking the best of the best. There can not be anything that happened on our wedding day that we do not have a picture of. We not only found great photographers, but also found great friends.

Sent on 06/03/2015

Sohuila · Married on 04/04/2015

Marian was our photographer for our wedding on 04.04.15 and she was fabulous. We held our wedding in our backyard and she did an amazing job maneuvering around guests and furniture. She did her best to make sure we looked great in every photo. Marian and Mike are fair in price and the quality of photography is superb. They are very personable and professional and we've really enjoyed working with them.

Sent on 05/21/2015

Anna · Married on 04/04/2015

Mike was our photographer for our wedding. He made me feel like ours was the only wedding in the world that day. He is very personable and made all our guests feel welcome and important. I would highly recommend Mike and Marin to anyone. The photos are amazing and we did not even know Mike was there. He seemed to take pictures from every angle all at the same time! They even created a package for us that fit exactly what we wanted and needed.

Sent on 05/22/2015

Custom Photography was a joy to work with for my Friday, March 13, 2015, OBX wedding, At our first meeting, I mentioned to The Linetts this was our second wedding and that we were planning a beach wedding even though it would still be chilly with March temps by the ocean. Their response was winter skies are much prettier than summer and brought another point to mind which was nobody would perspire from the normal hot beach temps. From the beginning, it was a perfect match. The Linetts listened to what we would like rather than tell us what we needed. We just passed along a couple of photographic ideas. Our images are beautiful, and inspite of us both being in our fifties, we look like kids enjoying our wedding! Love the fact that we first met Custom Photography in Virginia Beach and thrilled that they also had an Outer Banks studio.

Sent on 05/10/2015

Anna Marie · Married on 02/14/2015

Working with Custom Photography was such a great experience! They were easy to work with and took away the stress of planing a wedding! Custom Photography captured our casual photos, bridal portraits and our wedding day. We have loved every photo that they have taken! They are an absolute must for your event! You absolutly will not regret your decision to hire Custom Photography!

Sent on 02/21/2015

Janice · Married on 01/02/2015

What better way to start 2015 than to celebrate our marriage! January 2, 2015, was a bitter and breezy day, but Marian braved the cold for a last minute wedding by the James River. Since our plans were quickly made, the Linetts suggested the best time that a beautiful sunset might be captured, and we have the photographs to prove it.

Sent on 02/06/2015

Bill · Married on 11/20/2014

Marian and Mike Linett are the absolute best! We contracted them to photograph our wedding shortly after becoming engaged and could not be more happier than we are that we made our choice to go with the best. They arrived at our destination an hour or so before the wedding, took photos of our family and friends as they arrived, and kept everything running smoothly, even down to the little ones taking part in and attending our wedding. The color and clarity of the photos speak for the quality of work they produce as well as the vibrant personalities they both have. Having them photograph our wedding made it such a fun event from the time they arrived until the very end following our wedding dinner. We are not a young couple age wise, but a young couple at heart, and the photos of Bill and I dancing down the aisle to "Happy" following the ceremony definitely captured the mood of the wedding and our guests. It was a pleasure to have them be a part of our wedding and the photos reflect beautifully how happy we, our family and our guests were at the wedding. The photos are great and the Linetts are the greatest! You will not find better photographers anywhere and you will be more than pleased if you select them to capture the most important day in your life!

Sent on 12/30/2014

Carissa · Married on 11/05/2014

I found Custom Photography through thumbtack and have had my expectations exceeded in every aspect. I worked directly with Mike Linett for my wedding. Meeting Mike the first time before the wedding made me realize just how important getting the right photographer for my wedding was. I couldn't have made a better choice. Mike worked with me on my limited budget and was so enthusiastic about everything.

On the wedding day Mike showed up a little bit early and went around to all of my guests and introduced himself. He told stories and jokes making everyone laugh and building further merriment for my special day. Mike is a great photographer who is full of positive energy, enthusiasm, and fun. I'd recommend him to anyone I know!

Sent on 11/11/2014

Cynthia · Married on 11/01/2014

treated my husband and I like royalty. perfect couple as our photographers. recommended to us and we will do same for others.

Sent on 01/04/2015