Custom Photography Reviews

Custom Photography 5
Custom Photography 6
Custom Photography 7

Michelle · Married on 06/19/2015

The part of wedding planning that caused me the most amount of stress was selecting a photographer. Not only are there an overwhelming amount of them, but it was hard to find someone that you would really love to have at your event and was truly talented. We took engagement photos with a family friend photographer that made me cry for days. I absolutely hated how we looked in every photo and I was absolutely positively scared of it happening again. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen a photo of myself that I wasn't ready to just crumple down in a drawer somewhere so I was worried about spending money for photos I wouldn't want to see!

Upon answering a fateful Craigslist ad, viewing wedding wire reviews, and talking to Mike and Marian - making the decision was then absolutely easy. From the first meeting, my fears were laid to rest as they showed photos from other weddings they have done. They showed photos of people, real people of all shapes and sizes, and they all looked great!

We just got our wedding photos back a couple of days ago, which was a lot faster than I thought it would be! I have to say I absolutely loved every photo. He captured some of the most beautiful and lovely moments.

We took our engagement photos after the wedding, because we got kind of busy.... but it was amazing that there was no judgment on us being a tad late on that! They've seen it all! While we haven't gotten those back yet, Marian was so attentive to every detail and was also just such a pleasant joy to be around! From the views she showed us from her camera, we have no doubt we will love those just as much as well!

Overall, it was so great to meet these two lovely people and have them share an experience with us! And to all my fellow plus-sized brides out there, do yourself a favor and look into Custom Photography! I am so glad we did! I cannot say enough how wonderful our experience was!

Sent on 08/21/2015

Jerry · Married on 06/15/2015

My wife, my fiancee then, took me to visit Marian and Mike Linett and they were so much fun and friendly and easy to talk to we decided to use them immediately for our engagement and wedding session. They made my wife and i feel like family. I love that they did not treat her badly as I love her just the way she is and she is not a thin girl. The pictures they did made us look so happy and wonderful together. The pictures and wedding album turned out amazing. I would definitely recommend to anyone for your wedding pictures. You will be happy you did!

Sent on 12/03/2015

Lindsay · Married on 06/14/2015

Custom Photography was a delight to work with. They were courteous, professional, and flexible. The pictures turned out gorgeous and we cherish our wedding album. I would highly recommend anyone looking for photography experts to contact Custom Photography. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 06/13/2015

Justin · Married on 06/06/2015

Marian and Mike were very professional and are very easy to talk to. They make you feel like you have known them a long time. There prices were amazing and they are very flexable. Marian who took our pictures knew exactly which pictures to take with the lighting and all ove our guest loved talking to her due to her amazing personnality. Mike was very professional when showing us samples of there work and both Marian and Mike always had a smile on there face. They deffinetly love what they do. The final product of our pictures came out amazing. Mike and Marian of Custom Photography is a must 5.0 and five stars. I would highley recommend anyone to hire them. You will be very impressed with the final product.

Sent on 06/28/2015

Cassandra · Married on 05/30/2015

When choosing a photographer for an event such as wedding, you have to be sure that you are working with professionals who care considerably about their craft. Custom Photography worked with us every step of the way, for each of our three sessions.

Our engagement photos were on a cold grey day, but our results came out fantastic! From posing us to fixing hair, Mike and Marian took great care that everything was to our satisfaction.

On my bridal day, I was provided an in-studio dressing room to prepare, as well as walked away with my bridal images on CD the very same day! The quality of work reflects in each individual photograph, and leaves me proud and smiling each time I see how well they were taken.

On our wedding day, Mike showed up early, (unfortunately, I was not ready for pre-pictures yet) but he understood the chaos completely and went and worked the rounds with the guys (we know they don't take nearly as long for prep-work ;) ) He got every moment in detail, so that we relived our wedding day without the hectic feelings attached at a later date. Now we've gotten 394 photos to sift through for our albums, which I have no doubt will be just as beautifully arranged as were our many poses and photos :)

Thank you Mike & Marian, for everything you've done for us!

Jeremy & Cassandra Tavares

Sent on 07/28/2015

laurie · Married on 05/23/2015

Marian was a delight! She was quick and efficient yet she blended right in with the wedding party. We had a blast! Her creativity came through in the pictures. Absolutely beautiful photographs that we will always treasure.

Sent on 07/21/2015

Chris · Married on 05/11/2015

Picking Custom Photography was truly a blessing! We had a family beach wedding and couldn't have made a better choice! Mike came prepared and knew the relations, people's names, who to group together and EVERYONE loved the energy he brought! At the last minute, we asked if he could come early and not only did he show up early to convenience us, but he stayed later than expected. He took great shots and captured intimate moments giving us memories that will last forever! When he left we didn't expect a call so quick, but he called the next day to tell us that Marian burned the midnight oil so we could see a slide show of the pictures he took before we left the beach. This was a wonderful way to enjoy the moment and know that you have a professional at your service! Thank you Mike & Marian Linett.

Sent on 06/13/2015

brenda · Married on 05/03/2015

We met Mike & Marian at a January 2015 bridal show. They were able to show us loads of samples from our venue giving us an idea of exactly how our wedding and reception would look like in photographs. We were so glad that we had chosen a May Sunday wedding date because they were both already booked on Friday and Saturday. The two of us picked up our DVD today and paperwork for planning our wedding album, and we are so excited to get started selecting our favorites for our album and parent albums. We have so much to choose from that it will be a really hard job picking the best of the best. There can not be anything that happened on our wedding day that we do not have a picture of. We not only found great photographers, but also found great friends.

Sent on 06/03/2015

Sohuila · Married on 04/04/2015

Marian was our photographer for our wedding on 04.04.15 and she was fabulous. We held our wedding in our backyard and she did an amazing job maneuvering around guests and furniture. She did her best to make sure we looked great in every photo. Marian and Mike are fair in price and the quality of photography is superb. They are very personable and professional and we've really enjoyed working with them.

Sent on 05/21/2015

Anna · Married on 04/04/2015

Mike was our photographer for our wedding. He made me feel like ours was the only wedding in the world that day. He is very personable and made all our guests feel welcome and important. I would highly recommend Mike and Marin to anyone. The photos are amazing and we did not even know Mike was there. He seemed to take pictures from every angle all at the same time! They even created a package for us that fit exactly what we wanted and needed.

Sent on 05/22/2015

Custom Photography was a joy to work with for my Friday, March 13, 2015, OBX wedding, At our first meeting, I mentioned to The Linetts this was our second wedding and that we were planning a beach wedding even though it would still be chilly with March temps by the ocean. Their response was winter skies are much prettier than summer and brought another point to mind which was nobody would perspire from the normal hot beach temps. From the beginning, it was a perfect match. The Linetts listened to what we would like rather than tell us what we needed. We just passed along a couple of photographic ideas. Our images are beautiful, and inspite of us both being in our fifties, we look like kids enjoying our wedding! Love the fact that we first met Custom Photography in Virginia Beach and thrilled that they also had an Outer Banks studio.

Sent on 05/10/2015

Anna Marie · Married on 02/14/2015

Working with Custom Photography was such a great experience! They were easy to work with and took away the stress of planing a wedding! Custom Photography captured our casual photos, bridal portraits and our wedding day. We have loved every photo that they have taken! They are an absolute must for your event! You absolutly will not regret your decision to hire Custom Photography!

Sent on 02/21/2015

Janice · Married on 01/02/2015

What better way to start 2015 than to celebrate our marriage! January 2, 2015, was a bitter and breezy day, but Marian braved the cold for a last minute wedding by the James River. Since our plans were quickly made, the Linetts suggested the best time that a beautiful sunset might be captured, and we have the photographs to prove it.

Sent on 02/06/2015

Bill · Married on 11/20/2014

Marian and Mike Linett are the absolute best! We contracted them to photograph our wedding shortly after becoming engaged and could not be more happier than we are that we made our choice to go with the best. They arrived at our destination an hour or so before the wedding, took photos of our family and friends as they arrived, and kept everything running smoothly, even down to the little ones taking part in and attending our wedding. The color and clarity of the photos speak for the quality of work they produce as well as the vibrant personalities they both have. Having them photograph our wedding made it such a fun event from the time they arrived until the very end following our wedding dinner. We are not a young couple age wise, but a young couple at heart, and the photos of Bill and I dancing down the aisle to "Happy" following the ceremony definitely captured the mood of the wedding and our guests. It was a pleasure to have them be a part of our wedding and the photos reflect beautifully how happy we, our family and our guests were at the wedding. The photos are great and the Linetts are the greatest! You will not find better photographers anywhere and you will be more than pleased if you select them to capture the most important day in your life!

Sent on 12/30/2014

Carissa · Married on 11/05/2014

I found Custom Photography through thumbtack and have had my expectations exceeded in every aspect. I worked directly with Mike Linett for my wedding. Meeting Mike the first time before the wedding made me realize just how important getting the right photographer for my wedding was. I couldn't have made a better choice. Mike worked with me on my limited budget and was so enthusiastic about everything.

On the wedding day Mike showed up a little bit early and went around to all of my guests and introduced himself. He told stories and jokes making everyone laugh and building further merriment for my special day. Mike is a great photographer who is full of positive energy, enthusiasm, and fun. I'd recommend him to anyone I know!

Sent on 11/11/2014

Cynthia · Married on 11/01/2014

treated my husband and I like royalty. perfect couple as our photographers. recommended to us and we will do same for others.

Sent on 01/04/2015

I met Mike at a bridal show, and I picked him because I felt like I was getting the best value of the package I got for the best price. We got engagement photos, bridal portraits, and of course the wedding day. I'm very happy! All my pictures are beautiful! It did take a while to get the pictures back, but that's because we got ALL of them, and all of them touched up, not like some people just offer to touch up so many. Mike is very sweet, and very outgoing we had a great time having him at the wedding capturing every moment!

Sent on 12/30/2014

Heather · Married on 10/05/2014

I found custom photography at a bridal show and loved them. I spoke with them twice, once with my now husband and once with my mother and everybody instantly agreed on how great they were. I worked personally with Mike on my wedding and he was great. He really gave me some great options with our smaller budget and little knowledge of what we wanted. Everyone at the wedding loved Mike's personality and he really becomes invisible during the ceremony. We have just gotten our pictures back and they are wonderful!! We have gotten so many complements and so many times we have caught ourselves saying I don't even remember Mike being there for that particular picture. We love Mike and Marion's work and you most certainly will too.

Sent on 12/26/2014

Coretta · Married on 09/27/2014

I absolutely loved working with this vendor. Would HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend anyone to use Custom Photography as their number 1 choice in photographers!!!

Sent on 10/08/2014

Lori · Married on 09/26/2014

I found Mike Linett and Custom Photography through Thumbtack.com and was so glad I did! His price quote, openness and understanding of what I wanted was the best. He made this one aspect of a stress-full plan easy.Not only was he wiling to travel, and brave the beach, he came dressed to match the theme of the wedding. He blended in so well some of the family thought he was a guest : ). I received my photos within two weeks and when my husband and I reviewed them we spent a lot of time smiling and reliving the event. A great job! Hands down would hire Mike again.

Sent on 10/07/2014
  • DeShaun and Dee

Dee · Married on 07/12/2014

Custom Photography provides amazing service and are the most knowledgeable, understanding, detailed, and sweetest individuals we have ever met. The Linnett's were the 1st vendor we went to and from them we set our high standards with our upcoming vendors. They were the only photography vendor we went to and I fell in love with their work. As a Graphic Arts major I was able to pick apart each picture to see if they had any mistakes and I could not find one. Also, I love the unique pictures they take, they don't just photograph the traditional ones. Mike also told us that he will be there from the preparing of the day to the end of the reception and, HE WAS (just tell him where to go and he's there)!!! And if you want him to take a specific shot, just give him his queue before hand and he will do it. THEY HAVE PROOF (I believe this is also why I didn't want us to leave before we earned their business)!!! They will even setup another later date if the weather does not work in your favor on your wedding day (YOU CAN'T BEAT THAT!!!). The Linnett's worked with our budget until we paid them off. We are also happy to state that they are very punctual and have an excellent response time. We are already pleased with their work and know that we will be even happier when we receive our wedding day photos. Thank you, Linnett's…. LOVE YOU

Sent on 02/13/2014

David · Married on 06/21/2014

The Linett's were awesome. They provided top notch service. Mrs. Linett was our photographer for the day of the wedding and she arrived early. She was able to get a lot of photo's of the set up and when it came time for the ceremony/reception she was all over the place taking photos. She was great!

From the first meeting with them, me and my fiance knew this was the couple to do our photography. They give you a family feeling. Very reasonable on pricing. Well worth the price.

If you are looking for a photographer, look no further. You will get top notch service coupled with family friendly people. Me and my wife couldn't recommend better photographers, these two were the BEST!

Sent on 09/19/2014

Mike · Married on 06/21/2014

Mike and Marian Linett did an amazing job for our beach wedding in June! We first met them by going out to their studio in Virginia Beach. We were interested in their photography because of their experience in beach wedding photography on the Outer Banks. While they were showing us their photography collection we came across a wedding they did for our friend Starza in San Juan. They did such a great job with their wedding that we decided to book them that day. We met about a week before the wedding to do a photoshoot with the two of us on the beach and in front of the Bode Island lighthouse. We managed to get a bunch of great photos right before a storm rolled into the Outer Banks. Mike was the photographer for our wedding and was extremely professional even dealing with some of our more discourteous friends and family. He also did a great job of clearing out people from the shots on the beach. He arrived early and took a lot of great shots of the bridesmaids getting ready, the setup of the reception hall, and the setup of the beach ceremony. The beach ceremony shots turned out great even though it was extremely bright and hot outside for the ceremony. The reception photos looked great and he stayed late to get tons of great photos of everyone dancing. I highly recommend their photography service!

Sent on 01/14/2015
  • Reka

Reka · Married on 06/14/2014

If you are seeking the "Top of the Line" in customer service, quality of work and total satisfaction then look no more. Mike & Marion Linett of Custom Photography is a class act. You will not find a better, more qualified, award winning, joy of people to work with than these two. One of the many praises I have about them making our special day one we will cherish for life is the fact that they were able to work with our limited budget. Since we booked them a year out, we were able to make payments up to just weeks before the wedding. Which was a major help for us because we paid for our wedding ourselves and were able to do so with no credit card debt or loans. Best of all, we did not have to sacrifice on quality of work. Mike & Marion treated us like royalty and catered to all of our request and needs. Even down to our engagement and wedding dress photo shoot were Marian helped my bride Enriqua with her wedding dress fitting and even put on her shoes! You can't find better customer service than that if you tried. They have 30 plus years in this industry and it shows. Any one of your photos could easily be featured on the coverer of the best wedding magazines in this country. So if you are Blessed enough to book them early enough to do your wedding; you are in the best possible hands you could hope to be in. If the unfortunate chance arrives and they are NOT available to do your wedding on the day you want.-SWITCH YOUR DATE! They are that good.
    Hope this was helpful,
    Lance and Enriqua McKinney

Sent on 06/26/2014

Excellent service. Very professional. Pictures of ceremony, reception were awesome. Bridal portraits were amazing.

Sent on 08/16/2014