Custom Hitches Reviews

204 Reviews for Custom Hitches

Custom Hitches 1
Custom Hitches 2

Kimber · Married on 03/03/2013

Spike was wonderful, helpful, professional and warm. She helped us out tremendously as we needed an officiant with less than two weeks notice. I could not have asked for a better experience and am so grateful she was there to share in our special day! A truly beautiful person. :)

Sent on 03/25/2013

Kyle · Married on 03/01/2013

Spike was a dream come true. It's funny how she fell into our laps. We just googled officiants and started clicking. Well we came across Spike, and my wife read over her website (which is really user friendly and easy to follow). My wife enjoyed what she read and had me take a look. When I got done reading the website and the samples, we both looked at each other and said, "she's perfect." We knew right then, and we weren't disappointed.

Spike contacted us frequently, and helped guide us through the whole process: from getting information together, to giving us samples of ceremonies, to helping us write our vows, to even contacting other vendors. She really did make the whole process as simple as possible.

My wife and I didn't look over too many other officiants, or their prices but Spike Gillespie was worth every penny we paid her, and more!

Sent on 04/29/2013

Roxanne · Married on 02/24/2013

We had our wedding at Chapel Dulcinea on Feb 24, 2013. Spike did a fantastic job on our wedding vows. She was easy to work with and created our ceremony that was just about "us".
    I'm so glad we found her, and would recommend her to anyone getting married :)
    She also helped ease my nerves before the ceremony. No buckling of the knees and breathe she quickly reminded me.She was great. The ceremony was beautiful.

Sent on 03/04/2013

Adam · Married on 02/23/2013

Yes indeed, all of the other reviews are true: Spike is an incredible choice for officiant, and we couldn't have been more pleased! Beyond just making the ceremony planning easy-going and efficient, she was also a great voice of calm and sanity amidst so many other frantic wedding plans. Between the couple of laid-back meetings over at the neighborhood coffee shop and a few rounds of draft revisions, Spike helped us craft a well-written, well-balanced text for the big day, and all of our friends and family reported being genuinely touched by the ceremony. From the writing to the rehearsal to the ceremony to signing the marriage license, it was no sweat with her help.

Sent on 03/18/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 02/17/2013

Spike could not have been more fabulous. She provided us with the wording she used for some previous ceremonies and helped us make them our own. She was extremely responsive and perfected our words. Our ceremony could not have gone better. Every guest said that it was the most personal wedding they had ever been to...and that is due to Spike's guidance.

That...and she took our dogs (who were in the wedding) home to our house after the ceremony. She certainly went above and beyond!!

I can't recommend Spike enough.

Sent on 05/11/2014

Carrie · Married on 02/16/2013

Are you looking for the perfect officiant for your wedding day? Look no further future couples, Spike Gillespie is your golden ticket to an amazing and perfect ceremony! My fiance and I were booked for Chapel Dulcinea, and were struggling to find the perfect officiant we both felt great about. I came across Spike online, and once I researched her site and reviews, absolutely fell in love with her ceremonies and approach....we knew we had to have her!! It turns out she already had a wedding booked the same evening as ours, but I just knew in my gut she was the one for our ceremony, so long story short we were able to work out a plan where the timing worked for both ceremonies and we couldn't have been happier! We were planning our wedding long distance, and Spike still made time to get to know us over the phone/Skype ahead of time, and put together a ceremony that was beutiful, personal and unique to us as a couple. She was everything we wanted and we'd gladly recommend to any future couples getting married in the Austin/Hill Country area!

Sent on 03/13/2013

Sherrie · Married on 11/10/2012

Our officiant cancelled 3 weeks before our wedding and we were referred to Spike. She was amazing! She was calm, easy to work with, flexible, and hit just the right tone of religious/not too preachy, reverent but still funny and entertaining. She even put did first aid when I cut my foot!
    We would recommend her to anyone without hesitation.

Sent on 01/17/2013

Kelly · Married on 11/08/2012

Spike is just awesome! We love her. She was great at getting to know us and tailoring our ceremony to fit us perfectly. We didn't want a traditional ceremony and Spike worked with us to give us just what we wanted. She infused just the right amount of humor! My wedding was perfect and Spike was a big part of making it that way!

Sent on 01/17/2013

Jason · Married on 11/04/2012

Because of some issues, we were left without an officiant for our wedding a few weeks before our big day and it was pure luck that Spike just happened to have an opening that afternoon. After just one short meeting and trading some emails she ended up delivering exactly what we wanted with our ceremony and everyone loved her. She was easily the most flexible person we dealt with and would recommend her to literally everyone we know that is getting married in the future.

Sent on 11/24/2012

Art · Married on 11/02/2012

I like Spike! You should, too! Spike took the time to get to know us and our story as well as convey that to our wedding guests in a fashion that was moving as well as compelling! We feel that we've known her for a long time. Alls I cans says is, Spike was perfect for our perfect day! Thanks, Spike! Love, Art and Kimberly

Sent on 11/21/2012

Scott · Married on 10/28/2012

The officiant was maybe the hardest selection we made planning our wedding. We didn't want a religious wedding, but we wanted it to feel significant, not particularly new-agey, etc. It's hard to find that just by browsing online. We found Spike through the venue (Barr Mansion), and we couldn't have been happier.

The process with her started when she sent over a few old ceremonies to have us select sections we liked and didn't like. For example, we liked a "hand holding" portion of some of the ceremonies, but did not like some of the personal story sections. Then she turned around and made a draft ceremony, sending it to us for comment. We then met with her in person. She made a few changes, and then we were all set until the ceremony.

She was delightful. One thing that I particularly liked about her was that while her goal is clearly to give the bride and groom what they want, she is not afraid to give an opinion. For example, we wanted a short ceremony, but she was able to tell us what would "feel" too short.

From other people's perspectives, she was an amazing success. Although our friends and family are a diverse bunch -- ranging from Evangelical Christians to atheists to new age spiritual healers -- I cannot count how many came up to me or my parents to comment on how great Spike personally was. I don't think they meant it just in the "that was a beautiful ceremony" type of comment either: they singled her out in particular. Most importantly, many who knew us best commented how perfectly it suited us.

I would highly recommend Spike. She is flexible and a great writer. She injects enthusiasm, gravity, and humor into her ceremonies. I would particularly recommend her if you want to do a ceremony that is a little different. She will happily work with you. I would also suggest booking her fairly early if you have a "prime wedding" month as I know her schedule for October was incredibly busy.

Sent on 11/15/2012

Laura · Married on 10/27/2012

When we were searching for an officiant, we were trying to find someone who did #1 non-religious ceremonies #2 was not cheese-y #3 is totally badass. I had found her on google and loved her website and knew immediately that she was the right person for the job! I contacted her and we met in person at a local cafe, and we knew for sure that she had to be our officiant. She's so cool and she has a wonderful way with words. I knew choosing her would make the ceremony interesting not just to us, but for all of the guests. She had many many examples of ceremonies - and one of them we loved so much, that we used almost the exact same ceremony only with different excerpts. She was very easy to work with before the wedding, during the rehearsal and on the day of the wedding. One of her best qualities was that she was always so calm! Everyone loved her - we loved her! I even cried during the ceremony and she was very prepared and handed me a tissue as a teardrop was making it's way into my nostril. Aptly timed Spike! I HIGHLY recommend her! I couldn't imagine having anybody else perform our ceremony.

Sent on 11/18/2012

Tiffany · Married on 10/20/2012

Spike was amazing. My fiance and I did not want the traditional ceremony. We wanted people to laugh, cry and enjoy the ceremony that had our special touch. Spike helped us do exactly that. She wrote a story based on a meeting I had with her and together we created a ceremony that was tailored ot my fiance and I.

Sent on 12/09/2012

Rachel · Married on 10/12/2012

We LOVED Spike! From the very moment we met her we felt like we had known her for years. She made what was already a special day absolutely perfect!

Sent on 11/13/2012

It's simple: Spike is fantastic. She was everything we could have wanted in an officiant: warm, funny, professional, responsive, and incredibly helpful. She crafted a ceremony for us that was at once light-hearted and profound and that reflected the fact that we saw our wedding as a reaffirmation of a commitment that we had made to one another long ago. Our wedding day was enriched by her presence - we could not have asked for a better person to marry us.

Sent on 04/24/2013

Lindsay · Married on 10/07/2012

I cannot say enough kind things about Spike Gillespie. My husband and I feel so lucky to have had her as our wedding officiant. We came across her information while searching online for wedding officiants in the Austin area. We met at a funky little East Austin coffee shop and immediately knew she was the one! She was super cool and down-to-earth and made us feel at ease. She listened to everything we talked about that day and used what she learned about us to create a special ceremony that my husband and I will remember forever. We aren't very religious and wanted something that was unique and meaningful to us. We had a moment to remember those who couldn't be with us on our special day, had two cousins read short poems about love and marriage, and then (my favorite part of the ceremony) we tied an actual knot. Everyone at our wedding absolutely loved her and we have had numerous guests comment on how great she was. We are so thankful for Spike and the special day she created for us. I would without a doubt recommend her.

Sent on 11/12/2012
  • User2089048 · 2+ years ago

Spike made sure that our ceremony was tailor made for us. it was perfect!

Sent on 11/12/2012

B & E · Married on 10/04/2012

We could not have imagined a more perfect ceremony. Ours was very very small and Spike's insight, wisdom and delivery made our day very special. With everything else going on, Spike made it easy for us, she gave us various samples of different ceremonies she had conducted, we chose from the several pieces and transformed it into one beautiful ceremony. She was extremely flexible. She understands what the day is all about, the two hearts becoming one.

Sent on 10/19/2012

Emma · Married on 09/29/2012

Spike was a joy to work with; she helped make my September wedding ceremony perfect. I wouldn't hesitate recommending her to anyone who wants a nontraditional wedding.

Sent on 11/13/2012

Bailey · Married on 09/29/2012

I am 99.99% sure I left a review for Spike shortly after our wedding day . . . but I am not seeing it anywhere on Wedding Wire :( Well, let's just say that Spike was so incredible, I am now writing a second review--just to make sure that she gets the praise she deserves (not that praise for her is in short supply)!

We were extremely picky when it came to our wedding ceremony. We had a long list of demands (no religion whatsoever, as many references to music/classic literature/philosophy as possible, no exchange of rings, etc.). Spike met and FAR exceeded our wildest expectations. To this day, guests comment on how beautiful and unique our ceremony was. She could not have done a better job of tailoring the ceremony to our personalities, specific wishes, etc.

I should also mention that she is so good at what she does, we managed to pull off a beautiful and flawless ceremony without a rehearsal. She is truly more awesome than words can possibly express. Choosing her to officiate your wedding is the single best decision you could possibly make. Nothing but love for Spike--she is worth her weight in gold! :)

Sent on 06/09/2013

Jaycie · Married on 09/07/2012

I cannot count the large number of compliments I received after our wedding about Spike! With our input, Spike crafted a ceremony that made all of us laugh and cry - in just 15 minutes! Our friends and family loved Spike's ceremony just as much as we did! We are very thankful we had Spike officiate our wedding, and we are sure you will be, too.

Sent on 10/02/2012

amanda · Married on 09/01/2012

Spike was so awesome! she was everything we had hoped for an more. We were looking for someone who would help us put together a somewhat alternative wedding with a little less religion than our families are used to. She came through all the way and was great.

Sent on 09/27/2012

Spike was amazing - we could not have asked for a better officiant. From the first time we met her, she immediately put us at ease and made us feel comfortable. She sent us lots of sample ceremonies and we were able to pick out the parts we liked best from each and put them together into a great ceremony that felt perfect for us. Although we opted not to have her at the rehearsal, she met with us a few days before the wedding to talk us through how we wanted the ceremony to go so that we were able to do the rehearsal on our own (which was super helpful!). She was calm and reassuring throughout and had a great sense of humor. We got many compliments on the beautiful ceremony she put together for us.

Sent on 10/07/2012

Daniel · Married on 07/07/2012

If you are getting married in the Austin area, you need to have Spike as the officiant! She was the absolute best. Extremely professional and responsive to all our requests, she providing not only outstanding officiating at our wedding, but also gave us tons of advice to help us through the stressful wedding planning period. She wrote a fantastic speech for our wedding and also drove our dog home after the ceremony was over! I cannot recommend Spike enough.

Sent on 09/28/2012

Caris · Married on 07/06/2012

Spike was amazing. During the planning phase, she helped us craft a ceremony that was meaningful and perfect for us. During our rehearsal, she was a reassuring presence after we found out that our day-of coordinator wasn't going to be available the next day, and that we had a new day-of coordinator. Spike took charge of the situation and we felt good about everything being under control. On the actual wedding day, I really enjoyed having Spike around before the ceremony (we compared knitting projects), and our ceremony was absolutely perfect. I can wholeheartedly and enthusiastically recommend Spike as a wedding officiant. I could not imagine our wedding without her!

Sent on 08/14/2012