Custom Hitches Reviews

204 Reviews for Custom Hitches

Custom Hitches 1
Custom Hitches 2

Stephanie · Married on 01/02/2014

We knew we loved Spike as soon as we read about her online. She was so personable and customized the ceremony to match our essence. Very funny, yet beautiful and touching. It was absolutely perfect. Our families keep telling us how amazing it was, and we have to agree.

My husband's family does not speak English as a first language and she wrote the ceremony with that in mind. They had no trouble understanding, and her humor translated very well (which can sometimes be very difficult!). She was also able to accommodate our short planning schedule, which was greatly appreciated.

Spike is just one of those people you want to be around. I would highly recommend her to anyone who's fun-loving and easy-going!

Sent on 02/03/2014
  • Marisa

Marisa · Married on 11/30/2013

It was absolutely wonderful to work with Spike! She was always very responsive to emails, and she answered any questions/concerns we had. She writes beautifully, and she really captured us as a couple in the ceremony. Spike is professional, friendly, and funny! Her sense of humor is awesome, and I am so glad we chose her as our officiant! She knows what she is doing, and she truly is the best! Thanks, Spike!

Sent on 01/08/2014

Tricia · Married on 11/23/2013

Spike was wonderful to work with. She helped us create a beautiful, personalized ceremony that was perfect for what we intended it to be. We continue to receive compliments on our ceremony.

She has great ideas, lots of samples to help you decide what you like, and is very responsive via e-mail.

She met with us initially to get a feel for what we wanted and is very easy to talk to. She is very professional day-of and helps make you feel at ease on your big day!

Sent on 12/31/2013

Emily · Married on 11/03/2013

We knew we wanted a non-religious wedding but at the same time did not want to alienate our religious friends and family. After seeing her website, we thought Spike would be perfect to officiate our wedding - and she was! She did a wonderful job of giving us exactly what we wanted while making sure everyone there felt included and respected. Although we worked closely with her to craft most of the ceremony (which was a fun, easy process), we also asked her to write something that we would not hear until we were standing in front of everyone, about to say our vows. My husband and I independently gave her our thoughts on why we fell in love with each other and she wove them together into a beautiful story. We trusted that she would write something beautiful, and she absolutely rose to the occasion, creating such a special moment for us. The day was mostly a blur, but we were completely present and calm and centered for the ceremony, which had a lot to do with Spike's own calming presence. She also showed up early and offered to help with anything we needed, which was so nice!

So many people came up to us during the reception to say it was the most moving ceremony they had ever witnessed, even the very religious ones who were used to church weddings. We are so glad that we had a ceremony that was reflective of who we are as a couple. We're grateful Spike has chosen to share her many talents with couples to make their weddings and commitment ceremonies so special.

Sent on 12/08/2013

Natalie · Married on 10/20/2013

I cannot say enough positive things about Spike. She was helpful throughout the planning process and even offered to help us out with wedding-related tasks since we were planning our ATX wedding from NYC. That was really only the beginning. . .

She edited our vows, and made kind suggestions on tweaks to make here and there, and met with us over coffee so she could get to know us better.

Everyone at our wedding said Spike was incredible, and we have to agree. . .we could not have been happier with the way our ceremony turned out! Honestly, if we lived in Austin, we'd probably force Spike to be friends with us. . .she is that awesome, fun and interesting. A true ATX legend! We love Spike!!!!

Sent on 10/29/2013

Lisa · Married on 09/28/2013

Spike was absolutely wonderful to work with. We had no idea what we wanted for our ceremony, and she helped us put together the perfect vows for our situation. Always available and flexible, she put us at ease through the entire process. We would absolutely recommend her to anyone We love Spike!!

Sent on 10/15/2013

Sheri · Married on 09/08/2013

Spike was great! She was the perfect officiant for our wedding and I don't think we could have done any better.

Our wedding was not traditional in its format and we had a lot of trouble getting people on board with it. We wanted everything to be very relaxed and peaceful, which also meant there was very little structure. Spike just rolled with it. We mentioned to her in the beginning that we wanted to keep things short and that there would be no aisle, no escort, no ring bearer. She gave us a fair amount of advice and guidance in the beginning, but never seemed upset if we decided not to follow it. She never tried to talk us into anything.

She regularly corresponded with me during the planning stages and leading up to the wedding, but I never felt pressured or harrassed. She was always so pleasant to work with!

Weddings are stressful, no matter what you do. My recommendation is that you surround yourself with people that help to minimize the stress as much as possible. Spike did that for me, and I am very grateful!

Sent on 10/17/2013

Patrick · Married on 09/07/2013

Spike is great. She is easy to work with, she writes well, she is funny, she is laid back but responsive, and she lets it remain your wedding. I couldn't recommend her more.

Sent on 01/13/2014

Rachel · Married on 07/27/2013

I was really relieved when I found Spike to be the officiant for our wedding. She was the perfect fit for what we wanted: organized, responsive and unique. I would definitely recommend her! She makes the process really easy, has great energy and is a very happy and kind person.

Sent on 08/27/2013

Cam · Married on 06/15/2013

Spike is amazing. She is so much more than just an officiant—she is a positive, calming presence during what can be a stressful time, and also a great resource. She gave us some great recommendations for locations, brunch spots, and photographers. She is super at responding, usually within hours or even minutes and even emailed me during a layover to check in on my vows. Spike was more than accommodating and flexible with us, and so awesome to work with. She helped us create a custom ceremony that was beautiful and perfect for us. I highly recommend her.

Sent on 07/01/2013

Melissa · Married on 06/07/2013

We had Spike act as an officiant at our vow renewal ceremony. She
    was an amazing officiant and an awesome person and we were thrilled with her contribution to our special day. We worked together to personalize a vow renewal ceremony that our friends are still talking about. On the day of our event, she helped direct guests to the chapel area (at Chapel Dulcinea) and had everyone quickly organized and at ease. Our guests' experience could be summed up in the word, "Wow!" which is what we heard over and over again. We were already excited about renewing our vows, but Spike made the experience truly magical. She conducted our vows in a lovely, resonant voice, and dealt with the unexpected - our accidentally tearing the rope down from the bell as we were ringing it - with grace and humor. She was great with all the guests, and with my mom's shy little dog (our flower girl) and we were very grateful for her ability to put everyone at ease. My 80 year old mother said she kind of wished she could get married again so that Spike could perform her ceremony! And - one of my dear friends, who was unable to attend - was possibly more upset at missing Spike than our ceremony! Spike is truly the best.

Sent on 07/11/2013

H · Married on 05/18/2013

I simply cannot say enough good things about Spike! After searching for an officiant to supply myself and my husband a very specialized ceremony recognized by the state of Texas, we hit the jackpot. Spike is calm, responsive, and just a general positive presence that most brides are in desperate need of. I highly recommend!

Sent on 07/12/2013

Lee · Married on 04/28/2013

Spike was great. The ceremony is really the most important thing about the wedding. As a bride (and groom) you can get overwhelmed with all the other, prettier details, but at the end of the day, everyone's there to see you marry the love of your life.

My husband and I come from two different backgrounds. Neither of us are religious but he's more traditional and I'm more spiritual. We both wanted a ceremony that was personal but still felt like a "wedding."

Spike graciously and without judgement helped us come up with the words for our ceremony. You know, of all things, her compliance and helpfulness was something I appreciated most. While planning the wedding, I was bombarded with opinions, advice, and tips. Spike took our initial outline, filled in some spots and improved it - and never with complaints or critical push-back. It was refreshing!

However, the best part, and what makes Spike unique, is her "love story" addition. Everything else in the wedding was to try and make the guests feel comfortable and it was really nice to have the ceremony be about *us*. It was a great way for the husband and I to reminisce about our path and for guests who weren't familiar with one or the other get to hear our PG story.

Spike was always quick to respond, easy to meet with and professional. Also, she recommended a DJ to us who was perfect.

If you, like we, are on a budget, try and put the pricing in perspective and realize you are paying for the main event at a small fraction of all your other expenses.

Sent on 05/13/2013

Lindsey · Married on 04/27/2013

Spike was an amazing officiator. From our initial chat, she got what we were looking for (a balance of casual and traditional) and is willing to accommodate any special requests. She sent some great examples of past ceremonies and helped us finesse our stories so the day felt intimate and personal but also warm and light-hearted.. her sense of humor goes a long way. Plus, she made us feel comfortable during the moment. Thanks, Spike!

Sent on 07/30/2013

Stephen · Married on 04/26/2013

Spike is the absolute best out there! After briefly speaking with her over coffee at Once Over Coffee Bar she got a great feel for what we wanted out of our ceremony. She didn't just meet our expectations but blew us away with what she provided.

If you are in the market for the best officiant Austin has then look no further!

Sent on 05/07/2013

Lauren · Married on 04/22/2013

I'm not sure what there is to say beyond what everyone else has said already, but here I am to add my vote anyhow. Spike is truly the best. She rolls with the punches and just goes along with the weirdness if that's what you have in mind -- she happily went right along with our request to do the "WUV" speech from the Princess Bride for us. She somehow still managed to keep everything perfectly balanced between funny, sweet, and hinted-religious (to satisfy the religious parents of an unreligious couple). Everything was absolutely perfect.

Do you want a custom-tailored and excellent wedding? Do you want to look back on everything and say that it all went perfectly smoothly and that you have absolutely no complaints? Do you want to talk to an awesome, funny, creative, and warm woman who will deliver even the goofiest of vows with a straight face? Then contact Spike. You will find nobody better.

Sent on 05/07/2013
  • User4320915 · 2+ years ago

Spike is amazing. She worked closely with us to create a magical ceremony for our wedding that really represented who we are as a couple. She had such a calming presence on a very hectic day, which seems like a simple thing to say, but in hindsight was an invaluable part of everyone keeping a level head. Thanks again, Spike! It literally and figuratively would not have been the same without you.

Sent on 08/13/2014

Emily · Married on 04/13/2013

My husband and I had our elopement wedding ceremony officiated by Spike and we absolutely and enthusiastically recommend her. She is incredibly nice, accommodating, and professional. Spike worked with us to customize the ceremony and tailored it perfectly to what we were looking for. My little elopement in the woods was the best and most perfect day of my life- and Spike was an important part of that. Choose Spike! I can't imagine anyone better.

Sent on 04/29/2013

Abra · Married on 04/13/2013

Spike was such a wonderful and flexible officiant. She was able to work with us on our vows to personalize them and make sure that everything that was special to us was included in our ceremony. We opted to do the majority of our re-writes and conversations over e-mail and Spike always responded within 24 hours, and typically much faster. Also, I didn't go the wedding coordinator/planner route and she did an amazing job at our rehearsal dinner planning out all of the little who/what/when/where steps we needed to take.

Also, on the day of, she made herself available to me to do whatever I needed leading up to the ceremony. She would just check in with me every 5-10 minutes in the half hour leading up to the ceremony, letting me know the status of the crowd outside and asking what she could do to help.

She is a beautiful writer, eloquent and commanding speaker, herder of cats and a big ray of sunshine. We were SO glad to have Spike as our officiant for our wedding and we hope you get to have our same experience :)

Sent on 05/06/2013

Working with Spike was delightful and easy! We wanted to create a wedding ceremony that was personal, meaningful, and traditional but secular. At our first meeting Spike completely understood what we wanted to achieve and provided suggestions that let us know we were on the right path. She then worked with us by email to write the most beautiful ceremony! On our wedding day, the ceremony was just as we had hoped! Spike was professional, kind and helpful throughout the writing process and on the big day!

Sent on 06/30/2013

Robyn · Married on 04/05/2013

We could not have been happier that we chose Spike to officiate our ceremony! We wanted a relatively short, non-religious ceremony that suited our personalities and she did an amazing job. Since we live out of town, we were only able to meet once and she got a real sense of our personalities and what we wanted after just a short encounter.
    Spike was always very quick to respond from my first inquiry to sending me the first draft of our cermony, which was in fact was the final draft because she nailed it!
    I have received many compliments on our wedding day and Spike was an important part of it!

Sent on 05/08/2013

Chris · Married on 03/30/2013

Spike's awesome. She was always there for us. ALWAYS. She was a tremendous help, and made figuring out the ceremony and vows easy and stress free. Spike would send us outlines for guidance, but would also make it very clear that it was our wedding, our rules, and that she would do anything she could to make our day perfect, as long as it was legal. As the groom, I spent a little more time hanging out with her, and she really put me at ease. Her fun and relaxed way just makes life easier. She's just cool. Spike, let's go to the movies or something. You're rad.

Sent on 04/16/2013

Anna · Married on 03/30/2013

Spike is a joy to work with. She's warm, professional, and genuinely invested in making your wedding personal and meaningful. I'd recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 04/17/2013

Mary · Married on 03/17/2013

Spike was lovely and we would happily recommend her officiant services. It was a second wedding for me and we wanted something simple and straightforward that did not include tiny children bearing rings or anything overly flowery or complicated. She sent us vow samples and was a great help in structuring our vows. I am expecting a baby and she helped us work in a blessing for the child as well. She did not push us in any particular direction and was always quick to respond to any questions we had, offering to meet us in person if needed or communicate via email. She was also quite flexible on scheduling. We were lucky to have her as part of our wonderful day!

Sent on 04/14/2013
  • User3196118 · 2+ years ago

I searched high and low for an officiant for our small ceremony, going off of friends' recommendations, but I didn't stop till I stumbled upon Spike's website--- and I'm so glad I did. All of the reviews are true, she's absolutely great! She worked with us over Skype and e-mail before our ceremony (we live in Denver but got married near Austin) with as many revisions as we wanted. She was willing to come early on our day to do a rehearsal (we didn't have a formal rehearsal dinner) and she thought of some great improv touches for our day, too.

Throughout the planning and the day, Spike kept an easy going attitude, always offering options and reminding us that it was our day (never giving "should" or "have-to" directives)-- she really respected that it was our wedding. I never had to worry that she would throw in any sentiments that we didn't agree with (I've been to weddings where the bride and groom were giggling because they didn't agree with the religious officiant, etc). It was our wedding, and I wanted the officiant to be more than an afterthought-- Spike definitely was! She was also full of helpful resources as far as vendors, rentals, etc-- having performed so many weddings.

All of our guests mentioned how sweet and personal the ceremony was-- and it set the tone for the day. It felt like we were married by a friend, but a friend who was very professional, knew how to project her voice, wrote a great ceremony and was a calming, reassuring presence. I'd hire her again in an instant and recommend her to anyone who wants a personal ceremony.

Sent on 04/14/2013