Custom Ceremonies Reviews

101 | Oneonta, NY

101 Reviews for Custom Ceremonies

101 Custom Ceremonies Reviews

Kaitlyn · Married on 09/16/2018

Emily was wonderful! She provided us with so many options and so much information for our ceremony so that we could have it just the way we wanted. Communication leading up to the day was very easy, and although she wasn't able to attend our rehearsal she sent along detailed instructions. She was very professional on the day of the wedding and managed to keep things moving for us on a very hot day without it feeling rushed.

• Kristen328

Kristen · Married on 09/15/2018

Emily was fantastic. The ceremony she wrote for us was perfect! So many of our guests commented on how beautiful our ceremony was.

Bethany · Married on 09/02/2018

Emily was great to work with, and she is very responsive and thorough. I definitely felt like she paid attention to every last detail and answered every question I had very quickly. I would highly recommend her!

Holly · Married on 07/30/2018

Emily went above and beyond helping us prepare for our short-noticed wedding. She was knowledgeable, genuine,and professional. Been happily married since 07/30/2016

Bridget · Married on 07/23/2018

This is rather long but I hope that a few of you take the time to read through this replay of our experience with Emily. We are a middle-aged couple (53 & 60) that have finally figured this love of life thing out & chose to bind our souls.
    Our hearts are full from the loving care that was taken of us by Emily & her husband throughout our journey to and through our Spiritual Committment. She consistently communicated with us in a timely manner
    My mate and I sent her our own individual thoughts on our relationship & the love that we have for each other. He and I also share similar, yet “different” spiritual beliefs from another. She seamlessly wove together our feelings, thoughts and belief systems into the most glorious ceremonial words that fully encompassed the expression of our feelings and commitment to each other and to the rite of our binding of souls.
    Our ceremony was at Watkins Glen & involved only the 2 of us, Emily, and her husband, Mark. They traveled a great distance, easily 3 hours each way, to meet us at our campsite. It had been pouring most of the evening prior as well as the morning. I first finally met Emily in person when she popped her head into campground restroom where I was readied & struggling to zip up back of my dress by myself - she zipped me- right then, I knew she was my angel! Rain stopped. We took hike down the muddy trail into the gorge. Emily took charge & found the perfect place in the quieter end of the gorge that was right on the edge of the water. The ceremony was beyond perfect. Very intimate & spiritual, just the 4 of us. Skies then opened with torrential rain during a long walk back to camp. We were drenched. A long damp ride home for them!
    Throughout our entire experience, Emily was overwhelmingly caring, supportive, and a heck of a good sport! In addition to being our spiritual conduit, she also stepped into the pseudo roles of mother-of-bride, wedding planner, & best friend. We shall forever hold her in heart

Custom Ceremonies 3
    Custom Ceremonies 4
    Custom Ceremonies 5
    Custom Ceremonies 6
    Custom Ceremonies 7
  • F

Frenchetta · Married on 05/26/2018

Emily was wonderful to work with! She made the entire process so easy and effortless. Her calm nature and delivery really made our day so special and beautiful!

• Brittany

Brittany · Married on 09/16/2017

Emily did a great job as our officiant. She took time to learn about us, our preferences, and our story. Her guidance in crafting the ceremony proved to be extremely useful, especially since we wanted a ceremony without religious or spiritual coloring: she recommended several non-religious rituals and helped us hone in on several moments that made our ceremony unforgettable to us -- such as one in which we honored our parents. Her interviews and questionnaires also provided much-needed assistance, as they caused us to reflect on ourselves, the nature of our relationship, and the broader context of our relationship. On the day of the ceremony, she was prompt, calm, and good-humored. Her ceremony was beautifully composed and orated. We very much recommend Emily's services!

Nerissa · Married on 09/15/2017

Emily is super organized and very thorough to make your ceremony exactly how you want it to be. She went back and forth with us to get a good idea of our story and how we would like our ceremony to go. Emily was booked on our wedding day so we had her husband Mark do the ceremony for us. Mark was GREAT and I couldn't have asked for a better ceremony. Highly recommend!

Sharyn · Married on 08/05/2017

Emily was everything we hoped for in an officiant and more! She put together such a beautiful ceremony for us that we will remember forever! From start to finish Emily is very responsive, attentive, intuitive, and professional. She helped make our memorable day truly magical and so special.

• Clarissa

Clarissa · Married on 07/21/2017

Emily was absolutely fantastic and made our wedding so special. Her personalized vows created an intimate feeling for the ceremony and we received so many compliments from our guests about the service. We really wanted an officiant who would tell our love story and engage guests who may not know us or our story that well. She explained the process of personalizing a ceremony and sent us a questionnaire to fill out regarding our relationship. When she sent us a rough draft of the ceremony script, we were blown away by how amazing it sounded. She truly has a way with words and was able to describe our relationship in great detail. At the rehearsal, she helped us go through all the little details (passing off the bouquet, where to stand, etc.) and allowed us to walk through the ceremony a couple times so we felt comfortable. That really made the big day less stressful. Overall, Emily went above and beyond what we could have hoped for. We are so glad we chose her as our celebrant. She helped make the day absolutely perfect!

Larissa · Married on 06/24/2017

Emily did such a great job with our wedding! So many people came up to John and I to say how much they liked the ceremony and how nicely Emily delivered it. The ceremony truly reflected our values and felt so special to us and to our guests.

Emily was lovely to work with. Though we didn't meet with Emily in person until the day of our wedding, she was easy to communicate with and very responsive. John and I really enjoyed speaking with Emily on Skype and completing the couple's questionnaire she sent us. Completing those questions and then working on the "couple's love story" section of the ceremony helped bring John and I even closer by encouraging us to think deeply about what getting married meant to us, and then putting into words what can sometimes go unsaid. We are so grateful that Emily helped guide us through that process and are so glad we have the ceremony to look back on years from now. Emily provided examples of readings and rituals that made our non-religious wedding feel like an important ceremony that was a beautiful balance of meaningful sentiments, formal rituals (unity candle, ring rows), and lighthearted fun. We were happy to hear from guests of all ages that they enjoyed the ceremony and felt really good about what was said about us as a couple. We couldn't ask for a better experience with an officiant - thank you Emily!

brian · Married on 06/03/2017

Emily and her husband were great. They really worked with us and sent us all the resources we needed to have the perfect ceremony. Very professional and accommodating. Ceremony was beautiful and went off without a hitch.

Liz · Married on 05/27/2017

Emily wrote our custom ceremony. She spoke with us on the phone as well as communicating regularly by e-mail with questionnaires, readings to chose from, suggestions, etc. Emily was booked for another wedding, but her husband Mark was able to step in and complete ours. We received so many compliments of how beautiful the ceremony was and how it captured us. The script that Emily wrote was perfect and Mark's reading was fantastic.

Todd · Married on 05/20/2017

My wife and I chose Emily as our officiant for our wedding at Turning Stone resort. My wife located Emily online through Wedding Wire and we were very happy with our choice. Emily was very thorough in our pre wedding prep and made both my wife and I comfortable moving forward with the process. Our wedding was a Hindu/Catholic blend which made things a little more complicated, but not for Emily. She showed up the day prior to the wedding and went over everything with us and our wedding party to make sure everything went smoothly. The day of the wedding went wonderfully and we couldn't be more impressed. Thank you Emily for your compassion and professionalism.

kaitlyn · Married on 08/27/2016

The wedding ceremony was my favorite part of the big day largely because of the beautiful work that Emily prepared. She took her time to get to know us as a couple and her words truely celebrated us as a couple. She seamlessly tied in multiple traditions, as we are an interfaith couple, and was at the ready to accommodate any request that we threw her way. Yet, when she saw that something might not work exactly as we envisioned, she was quick to come up with multiple solutions that were better than the original. She is very professional and extremely quick to answer emails and inquires, which I greatly appreciated. I cannot thank Emily enough for all she did. I have already had many people come up to me saying that the ceremony was the most beautiful and unique ceremony that they had ever been a part of.

I got married on August 20th Emily was always on top of emails she always made me feel like she was there to listen if I had any questions throughout the planning of the wedding they sent out samples of vowels and wording so I could put together. Emily wasn't able to do our wedding so she had her husband Mark do a for us. He was very professional and super sweet also. Everything on the day of the wedding went so perfectly...They added a special touch of sweetness everyone said how amazing everything was put together. They also said that they never went to a wedding where they actually wanted to listen to what the officiant was saying and mark had everyone's attention and had everyone in tears, Even the men were crying. Once again Super romantic ,supers sweet , super professional I wouldn't have it any other way ...it was worth every single penny. I would recommend in them in a heartbeat.

Kristin · Married on 06/25/2016

We were told by almost every guest at our wedding that Emilys ceremony script and delivery made our wedding one of or the best ceremonies they had heard. The script was so personalize, and wonderfully delivered, that many guests told us they felt like they were really a part of our wedding and of the experience. We cannot describe the extent of our appreciate for Emilys time and involvement, she was an integral part of what made our day absolutely perfect for us!

Claude · Married on 06/18/2016

Working with Emily was great! We only got to meet her on the day of the wedding so we worked everything out through email. Even with her standard package she still made sure to include personal details about us and make the ceremony truly unique to us. We got many compliments on the beautiful words and readings that were read. She also provided a wonderful keepsake ceremony for us to remember the words we chose on our wedding day. Thanks again for the amazing job!

Carla · Married on 05/28/2016

Emily was amazing. She put together the most beautiful ceremony and told our love story so elegantly. She had our crowd laughing, crying and cheering.

• O

Omid · Married on 10/16/2015

Emily was a pleasure to work with. She was extremely helpful and always quickly responded to any questions we had. She really made it easy for us. We would definitely recommend her for anyone else looking to get married.

Keely · Married on 10/03/2015

Working with Emily was wonderful! When our plans with our Officiant fell through just 6 weeks before our wedding, we contacted Emily after reading other great reviews on Wedding Wire. We were living out of state but it was very easy to work with Emily via phone and email and she was always very prompt in responding and with revisions or suggestions. She gave us many options to chose from and guided us with her expertise to create the perfect custom ceremony. I really liked that she provided detailed Rehearsal instructions that we were able to use with our venue since we decided not to have her attend the rehearsal due to distance. From start to finish she was clear, organized and helpful. The keepsake ceremony that she mailed us after our wedding was an added bonus! I would recommend Emily's services to anyone planning a custom wedding ceremony.

Robert · Married on 08/30/2015

We were absolutely delighted to work with Emily on our wedding ceremony. Not living nearby, our conversations took place via phone and email. This was not a barrier as Emily was always thorough, prompt and professional throughout our communications.

My favorite part of our wedding was the ceremony. I attribute a significant part why to the work and dedication Emily put forth in crafting our story. She was able to weave our experiences as a couple into a greater narrative about the journey of life and the preciousness of existence and love. The presentation was personal but had a timeless quality. It informed many who had not known our story and its message left an indelible mark on others. Attendees of all stripes, cynical and otherwise, praised the beauty of the ceremony and the simple elegance of the affair that Emily helped to create.

I highly recommend Emily.

Emily was excellent! We had her write a ceremony for a friend to perform. She sent a great list of questions which my fiance and I had a blast answering independently. She has great options for readings and ceremonies to choose from and was also open to any ideas and options we brought to the table. Based on the surveys she was able to get a very good idea of who we were and what made our relationship special. She wrote about it so eloquently. We had MANY/MOST people come up to us and comment on how much they loved the ceremony and how personal and meaningful it was. A friend that was at our wedding is hiring Emily now to write her ceremony:) It meant so much to me that everyone in attendance "felt it" the way we did during the ceremony... there were happy tears everywhere. The quality of ceremony made the entire event! Thank you Emily!

I give Emily 5 out of 5 stars as she did a great job officiating our wedding from start to finish. One of the most important things to have with your wedding vendors is communication. Emily did a great job always staying on point and in contact with us throughout the process. The process started with a meeting in person to go over some wedding details and us giving her information on what we were looking for in our ceremony. One of the best things about Emily is that she will help you create a unique and special ceremony, tailored to the couple. She has plenty of ideas and suggestions for your ceremony, but was never forceful with her thoughts. As for the value, she was a little bit more pricey than other officiants, however being a firm believer of you get what you pay for, we were not disappointed in the least. If you are looking for a perfect wedding ceremony, choose Emily!