Curvaceous Couture Bridal Collection Reviews

159 Reviews for Curvaceous Couture Bridal Collection

• Matched2aT

Nicole · Married on 04/21/2012

3.5

I wish I could give this shop 5 stars. Yukia is amazing and the staff is very friendly, but we had some serious issues I can't overlook. I'll start with the positives of saying the shop is gorgeous, the selection is breathtaking, and the prices are reasonable. You don't have a mass-group try on feel - but appointments where you are the only bride they lavish attention on. That's wonderful! It's family run, so the atmosphere is friendly and willing-to-serve. That being said, on to the parts that weren't so good:

I feel bridal alterations should be included for the cost of the gowns if the entire bridal party purchases there. Not the case here.

The gowns: Bridesmaids were very unhappy - forced to buy sizes they felt were too large, several with upcharges and when the dresses were too big for them - charged almost half the cost of the dress to have it altered.

My gown: I paid a great deal extra to have a corset and shawl built. The shawl was built from a stretchy tulle instead of a large drape of stiffer tulle, which meant it was rarely where it was supposed to be unless I didn't move. The corset was too big. I spent most of my wedding day pulling up my dress.

My biggest complaint: I ended up losing a bridesmaid because of this shop. One of my bridesmaids called because she discovered she was pregnant after the initial fitting. I had no issue with this, but she was told by the shop that the dress wouldn't fit her and she would need to find a new dress to wear. This was absolutely NOT true. It was cut in fact perfectly to be adjusted for a baby-bump. Instead, the receptionist convinced my friend she would be causing me hardship so she backed out of the wedding.
    As the bride, I should have been part of the conversation BEFORE such advice was given to a wedding party member.

Sent on 02/13/2013
  • Gineen

Gineen · Married on 10/02/2011

3.5

This salon is great for anyone sized 14 and up. I got my dress when my son was only 2 months old so I was dealing with preganancy fat. I was paranoid I wouldn't lose enough weight and bought a size 22. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I got down to a size 10 and my dress had to be completely redone.

Sent on 11/02/2011
  • Dana

Dana · Married on 08/29/2015

3.8
      3.5

Alterations lacked a bit of polish, and my gown was not ready for pick up when they said it would be. It was not steamed and ready to go.

The selection isn't the greatest. Lots of strapless dresses and very similar to each other. I made the mistake of thinking because I was plus size, there weren't a lot of places to go to try on wedding dresses, and that's true to some degree. In hind sight I would have checked out other places.

Also, the most important thing going on is the TLC show being filmed there. Not necessarily your shopping experience. That kind of made it "meh" for me. I'd recommend to check it out, but be open to going elsewhere...

Sent on 12/17/2015
  • Renee & Ric

Renee · Married on 05/03/2015

3.0

Beautiful gown! Gave measurement but extremely big. Hope it can be altered alot

Sent on 01/08/2015

Cassie · Married on 12/31/2016

2.8
      3.0

I loved my dress but hated the alterations. I asked for the oversized cups to be brought down to my size, not accomplished, had enough room to stuff with socks, which was actually suggested when getting ready so I wouldn't "deflate". I asked to have the sleeves made smaller, not so much, still loose and was flopping during the dancing. The dress was beautiful but man the alterations killed the buzz.

Sent on 01/12/2017

2.4
      2.5
      3.0

I went to Curvaceous Couture because I am a plus size bride that wanted to try on more than a few sample dresses than most shops had. When we first entered, we were greeted kindly. The girl that was working with me was very young. She seemed to not know what she was doing when putting the dresses on me. She did not pull them tight enough so I could see how the dresses would lay on my body. My mother was pulling them tighter when I came out to show her what they looked like! She also did not match up veils very well. I had a really good experience at another shop prior to this, and honestly I was really looking forward to going to Curvaceous Couture to try on even more dresses. I left pretty disappointed.

Sent on 03/05/2013
  • SoontobeMrs.2017

Kiara · Married on 04/28/2017

0.5

I have been here twice, the first time I went to their sample sale in Nov 2015 with my cousin so that she could find her dress.

The second time I went by myself to start looking for my dress. That experience was good. I got the one-on-one time and attention, found dresses that fit well with my body type. Even found "The Dress". So since I went alone, I made another appointment to have my mom and sister go with me.

This is where my experience and my rating comes from. They require a credit card on file in case you miss your appointment, they charge you $50. I was/am completely fine with that. Well I found "The Dress" at a different bridal shop and we bought it from there. So of course I needed to cancel my appointment. Well since they aren't open Sunday and Monday, I had to wait until Tuesday. So I call Tuesday to cancel my appointment. I can't remember the name of the young lady I spoke with to cancel my appointment, but I had a whole conversation with her about finding a dress somewhere else and how she was happy for me even though I didn't buy from them, she still congratulated me. Well this past Saturday I get an email stating that I had missed my appointment and per their policy I was being charged the $50. Of course I am confused as I knew that I had called. So I call the shop, long story short I get the run around and "Oh we need to check somethings so we will call you back" I then ask for a manager and after the second time asking, one of the sisters who owns it gets on the phone and tells me that their system is automated and they need to check to see what is going on and they would call me back. Well in the time waiting for them to call me back i remembered that I called from my desk phone, well I called back to give them that phone number and she said that she loo

Sent on 03/28/2016

Amber · Married on 10/05/2012

1.5

First let me say that the dress I purchased from this store was beautiful. I loved, loved, loved my dress and would go back to Curvaceous Couture just to have it again. However, the service was awful. The first time I visited this store the staff was extremely friendly, helpful and made me feel comfortable being a plus size bride. Once I bought the dress, everything went down hill. Every alteration appointment they had me wait for at least 30 minutes past my appointment time. At my final fitting, four weeks after my original fitting, the dress was hanging off of me and the seamstress told me that I lost 4 inches and would need more alterations. This was impossible, I hadn't lost a pound and none of my clothes fit differently. So, I was suckered into paying an extra 50 for my alterations. When I came to pick up my dress they told me no appointment was needed, just drop by during business hours and when we got there the door was locked and we had to bang on it for 15 minutes until somebody came out. The 'receptionist' always seemed like she was annoyed or unhappy with her job. I love the concept of this store and I will repeat that my gown and veil were extremely beautiful and I felt like a princess on my wedding day, I just wish the store would have maintained the same charisma they had when they were trying to get me to purchase a dress.

Sent on 10/14/2012

L · Married on 09/16/2012

0.0

I am writing to let you know how disappointed in your store I am. I have a plus size bridesmaid and have chosen a dress that my other girls have tried on and loved but I wanted her and I to have the same experience going dress shopping. Your store is the only one a moderate distance from where we both live and to be told there are no appointments available to parties of 5 or less is outrageous. It is poor business practice to turn away clients that should have an equal opportunity in the bridal/bridesmaid experience because of party size. I was told a the Baltimore Bridal Showcase that appointments would not be a problem to arrange come April so I have patiently waited to call. I think you should reconsider your policy. I will be publishing my thoughts so that other brides/bridesmaids/mothers may know what to expect from this specialty store.

Sent on 04/03/2012