Curvaceous Couture Bridal Collection Reviews

Curvaceous Couture Bridal Collection 2
Curvaceous Couture Bridal Collection 3
Curvaceous Couture Bridal Collection 4
Curvaceous Couture Bridal Collection 5

Love, love, love this dress shop. I have lived most of my life larger than my friends and family, so shopping for anything has always been a not-so-fun process for me. So when I got engaged, I was super nervous about finding something that was going to make me feel beautiful and accentuate my features the way I wanted them to. This store was fantastic, had tons of different options to choose from, and were so lovely to work with. The owner of the store came into my dressing room to tell me about her uncomfortable dress shopping experience for her own wedding, and how she created this store for women like her so that they wouldnt go through the same thing. I was so appreciative of this! My dress was AMAZING, and I couldnt believe how seemless and comfortable my dress shopping experience was, thanks to Curvaceous Couture.

Sent on 08/28/2012

linda · Married on 06/23/2012

I was told about this salon from a friend that got married this summer. She kept raving about how this salon is amazing and I agree!!! The gowns are beautiful, the customer service is outstanding and the fitting rooms are awesome. I went in thinking I wanted an a-line gown and learned I look better in a mermaid. I gave the ladies my budget and I tried on so many shapes and styles. Yukia is great and knows her stuff. She helped me find my dream gown and I can't wait for my future husband to see me in it. Kudos to Curvaceous!

Sent on 12/16/2011

Stephanie · Married on 05/05/2012

I can't say enough amazing things about my experience with Curvaceous Couture! Myself, my mom and my grandmother all got our dresses there for my wedding. The women were so sweet and so accomodating. My grandmother is primarily in a wheelchair and they did absolutely everything they could to help us and make sure that she found a dress. I don't know what I would have done, had I not found this bridal salon. I am still getting amazing reviews on my dress. Thank you ladies!

Sent on 07/01/2012

Holly · Married on 04/07/2012

Okay, I am blurring Wedding Wire "Terms of Use" clause because I did not purchase nor sign a contract with Curaveous Courture. My review is going to be limited to my one trip there. I was very hesistant to buy a wedding dress because of the expense. My ideal dress was a qipao that I could wear again. Qipaos are Chinese dress that need to made exactly to the person's meaurements. I went to Curvaceous Courture to see how I feel about more traditional wedding dress.

The store was marvelous. Everyone was nice, attentive, and understood when I said that I wasn't the type of bride who wanted to drop alot of money on a dress. The store had a wonderful selection and I found a dress that was very tempting. There was a large changing room and a robe was provided. When I mentioned that my ideal wedding dress was a custom made Chinese qipao with a halter, we started talking about possibly making a custom made dress. The biggest issue was havng my parents invovled with the dress selection because we live in different states. I ended up finding a tailor in my parents' hometown, but working with her was very difficult. If I were to do it over again, I would have given my business to Curvaceous Couture.

Sent on 05/07/2012

Erica · Married on 04/03/2012

I cannot say enough good things about Curvaceous Couture, the staff (especially Pat) and the amazing owner, Yukia. The shopping experience was calm, comfortable and very low-pressure. The dressing rooms are huge and luxurious, and the whole store has a very upscale feel.

I was able to take pictures of the dresses I tried on and sleep on my decision. There was no sales-y feeling like I got from other salons I visited. I ended up ordering and paying my deposit by phone the day after my visit.

There was a delay with my dress due to a problem with the vendor a few months after I ordered, and Yukia did everything in her power to fix the situation and to reassure me throughout the process.

I started checking in with them about three months before my wedding to find out when my dress was going to be delivered. Yukia gave me a call every other week to let me know the progress and any updated info, or even just to reassure me that she hadn't forgotten about me and my dress.

In the end, it all worked out thanks to Yukia's forward thinking of a Plan B when I first contacted them, and I got my dress in plenty of time to have it altered before my wedding. Throughout the stressful situation, I felt like I was a priority, even though I know they are very busy running this awesome business!

Thank you, Yukia, Pat and Curvaceous Couture!!

Just a note: they keep the store very cool in the summer, which is so fantastic for us plus-size girls getting in and out of huge dresses. But have those skinny members of your entourage bring a sweater. My girls were freezing! :-)

Sent on 04/24/2012

Tara · Married on 03/24/2012

If you are a curvy women looking for a beautiful gown....then this is the shop for you !!! They have so many dresses in every size, style and price range to choose from. The store is beautiful and I knew when I walked it that I would be purchasing my gown from there. All of the ladies are very knowledgeable and friendly and the seamstress Amy is Wonderful ! By the time I left the store I not only had purchased my dream wedding gown but a beautiful second gown as well!

Thank you to all the ladies at Curvaceous Couture.....for making my dress shopping experience wonderful !!

Sent on 09/09/2012

LISA · Married on 03/17/2012

I LOVE THIS PLACE!!! Ms. Pat and Yukia ARE AWESOME!!! I first heard about them at a bridal show. I was determined that I was getting my dress at David's Bridal (no pun intended) but when I went to them, they wanted me to be in a "princess dress" and I didnt want that. So I made an appointment with Curvaceous. When I walked in I knew I was getting my dress from here. Not only did I get my dress from there so did my bridesmaides who had already picked out dresses from David's Bridal (they hadnt ordered them yet). I cant wait for my future husband to see my DREAM DRESS!!! Curvaceous Staff...........YALL ROCK!!!

Sent on 02/01/2012
  • ~FabulousBride~

Vera · Married on 11/23/2011

I had the most amazing experience at Curvaceous Couture. I traveled to MD from Philadelphia on three separate occasions so these wonderful ladies could help me find my dream dress and that they did. I went to all types of bridal salons by me in Philadelphia, NJ, etc. Not a single one had any of the dresses I liked in a plus size sample. I was told I should just clip the dress to the front of me and just envision what it would look like on me. Ummm... No. If I'm paying several thousands of dollars for a dress I expect to be able to at least try it on. At Curvaceous Couture I was able to not only to try these beautiful designer gowns on but the whole experience was amazing. The shop is beautiful, the level of professionalism and expertise I received was unmatched. They helped me find the dress that I loved and couldn't wait to wear on my wedding day. Thank you ladies... we need more places like curvaceous couture.

Sent on 10/21/2014

Kate · Married on 11/06/2011

Absolutely wonderful! I bought a beautiful Reem Acra sample gown for within my budget, thanks to their flexibility. Their customer service is impeccable! They have a beautiful selection. They are not pushy and will not try to intimidate you or force you to buy anything. My only complaint was that there seemed to be some confusion around picking accessories there--I would not try to pick out a veil there.

Also, DO NOT use "Jaz" to do any of your alterations. She was a disaster and is no longer working there. The new seamstress, Amy, is fantastic!

I give Curvaceous Couture my absolute highest recommendation to anyone, including brides, bridesmaids, flower girls, and Mothers.

Sent on 11/13/2011
  • W

Whiteny · Married on 11/05/2011

For being a size 14, Curvaceous Couture was amazing at finding a unique dress that fit a body that had some curves!!! The girls were amazing and so so so friendly!

Sent on 11/29/2011

Trina · Married on 11/05/2011

I so loved working with the ladies of Curvaceous. They made my gown shopping experience stress free and exciting. The gowns are amazing and I was able to try on gowns until I found the one! I highly recommend that you visit them.

Sent on 12/10/2011

Julie · Married on 10/09/2011

I would HIGHLY recommend this bridal salon, whether you're a plus size bride or not. First of all, the consultants are all very professional. It's a classy shop -- not at all like the David's Bridal chain stores. They give you their undivided attention during your appointment. And, most importantly, they realize that a plus size bride can be beautiful, too! They genuinely want to help you find a dress that you love -- one that makes you feel like a beautiful bride! Whereas, the other stores acted as if they were just going through the motions with me and didn't want to be bothered, assuming that I wouldn't be able to try on very many (if any) dresses and, therefore, a sale was unlikely. Curvaceous Couture has a large selection of gowns and they purposely carry larger size samples so that you can actually try them on. That was the first salon I visited when I began my search for a gown, and I am so thankful. During my nearly 2 hour appointment, I tried on nearly a dozen gowns. Yunisia and Pat helped me zero in on what I liked, but not once did they try to pressure me into making a decision (as I experienced at the other two bridal shops that I visited). I told them that I wanted to explore all of my options before making a decision. So I went to a few more shops that same weekend and those experiences just confirmed that Curvaceous Couture was the place I needed to go. As it turns out, the first gown that I tried on -- the Caldera by Enzoani Blue -- was the one I went back and ordered from them just a few weeks after my initial appointment. I did find a gown that I loved at another place but the deciding factor was the top notch customer service that the Curvaceous Couture staff provides. Remember this very important tip - the customer service you receive AFTER the sale is just as important as loving your wedding dress. This is where Curvaceous Couture stands out above the rest. In fact, we purchased the bridesmaids dresses there, for this very reason. Thank you so much, Curvaceous Couture, for making my bridal experience a pleasant memory!

Sent on 12/02/2011

Lisa · Married on 09/10/2011

Curvaceous Couture Bridal Collection Owner and Staff made what could have been a dreadful experience for a full-figured woman to the best experience I could have ever asked for. I love my dress so much that I want to just put it back on just because. This family owned business is a very professional establishment, who cares about what they do. As soon as you walk into their doors, you are greeted with a smile and a large inventory to fit any woman's figure. I wish I could upload a photo to show how great we looked but take my word, we looked amazing! They even have great Mother-of-the Bride gown selections, so I was able to get the entire wedding party gowns at one-time. Please stop by Curvaceous Courture, I guarantee you won't be disappointed. Matter of fact, is there a love button as an option. :-)

Sent on 11/06/2011
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 09/04/2011

Our wedding was perfect, thanks in large part to Curvaceous Couture. I LOVED my dress. I felt more beautiful on that day than I have ever felt in my entire life. Thank you for making my dream come true!

Sent on 10/08/2011
  • Robyn

Robyn · Married on 09/01/2011

After countless visits to bridal salons that wanted to place me in wide A-line dresses to hide my shape, I went to Curvaceous Couture hoping for something different.

I was so amazed at the fantastic selection of couture gowns and professional service staff. I was seen at my appointment time and tried on famous designer gowns that other retail bridal stores do not carry.

All of the staff, Yukia (owner) and Pat were so helpful and professional.

After finding my dress, the seamtress Jaz, did her magic!!! My gown fit so beautifully that I didn't want to take it off after the wedding. I am very happy to be a bride that enjoyed the process of selecting a dress and then being happy in it and not self- conscious.

I will always recommend Curvaceous Couture to plus sized or curvy brides as this is a place where I feel safe and beautiful.

Sent on 09/08/2011

Elise · Married on 07/03/2011

My sister and I are getting married within six months of each other. When we found Curvaceous Couture I had already purchased my gown, but we went looking for her.

What's interesting about Curvaceous Couture is it feels like an upscale bridal salon and they treat you like you're the most important person in the store, but they still have that homey family run business feel. Yukia Walker, the owner (who just had a baby - congrats!), is pretty much the illest bridal attendant ever. She knows exactly what she has available, she knows exactly what she has in stock, and she knows all of her prices off the top of her head.

We found something my sister liked a lot and went back when our mother was in town. That's when I saw the veil and headpiece I purchased for my wedding. It was a Kristina Eaton birdcage veil with a beaded flower comb. I splurged (after coaxing from my sister) to go with the bigger comb that had 5 flowers on it instead of 3 and it was definitely the right decision.

Kristina Eaton's website is a disaster, but Curvaceous Couture contacted them for me and found out of we could make the veil and comb two pieces so I could wear the flowers the whole night and the veil at the ceremony. They ordered it for me and it came just in time for my July wedding.

My sister wound up getting her bridal gown at a different place, but we just loved Curvaceous Couture so much. They're so friendly and accommodating and they have an excellent selection of plus size bridal gowns, bridesmaid dresses, and mother of the bride outfits. If you're in the Baltimore area, and you're a lady with a little extra padding, check them out, you'll be happy you did.

Sent on 08/24/2011

Danielle · Married on 10/22/2010

Dress shopping was my least favorite aspect of wedding planning. Being a plus sized woman made me dread clothes shopping. Then a friend told me about Curvaceous Couture (CC). A bridal boutique that specialized in having sample sizes for real women with curves. I quickly called and talked to owner and founder, Yukia Walker. Not only to Yukia validate my feelings about my fear of bridal shopping (she shared her own story, which was her muse for starting the boutique), she assured me that I would find my dress at her boutique. Making the bridal pilgrimage to "Say Yes To The Dress" fancy shop in NYC, made me appreciate the personal service, wide selection and candid experience that I received at CC. Not only did I find a dress that made me feel beautiful and bride-like, I received so many compliments on how different my dress was. If you want good service, a dress that goes against the usual ho-hum bridal uniform, and you want to actually try on a dress--you will not be disappointed at CC!

Sent on 12/01/2010

Sionna · Married on 09/02/2016

As Mother of Bride , I'd like to say how incredibly wonderful our Wedding Gown shopping experience was, due to the ladies here. We felt completely at home and like friends with the staff almost immediately.

Sent on 01/28/2016
  • Sara Q.

Sara · Married on 10/18/2015

I recently visited this bridal shop in my travels to find the perfect gown. Although I did not purchase a gown on my most recent trip, that does not mean I won't consider it in the future. I really enjoyed my time at this location and my consultant Sophie was awesome! She took her time with me and really helped my entourage and I narrow our vision. I also felt like she "got me." I also really appreciated, being a curvier bride, the selection of options. There was PLENTY to try on. I would highly recommend giving this shop a try if your on the curvier side and seeking an awesome bridal experience!

Sent on 01/08/2015

Sharon · Married on 10/05/2014

Great selection of dresses, great value on their gowns and alterations. The only hiccup was scheduling the alterations. They only had certain dates and times available and since I teach in another county it was sometimes hard to get those dates and times to line up. Everyone was super friendly, very accommodating, and just lovely. It was nice to be able to try things on in my size!

Sent on 10/08/2014

I have never felt so relaxed trying on any item of clothing. You truly feel like your shopping with extended family. :) Thanks for an amazing experience ladies!

Sent on 07/30/2013

Cierra · Married on 12/21/2013

I had a great experience with Curvaceous Couture! I was apprehensive about finding a dress because I hadn't lost as much weight as I anticipated but they made the process seamless and enjoyable. Everything from dress selection to alterations was wonderful! Thank goodness for my consultant who helped me select my dress because I had no idea what was flattering and she knew exactly what to suggest! All of the ladies are awesome!!

Sent on 01/09/2014
  • Mandy

Mandy · Married on 09/01/2019

This shop is a Plus Size Bride's DREAM!

I cannot be happier with my experience in this shop. I had one on one attention from Mycahya from the moment I walked in. She is a wonderful woman with a great personality and an eye for what might look good on you even if you had it set that you would never try on a certain dress style. These dresses are BEAUTIFUL and being able to try every single dress on in the shop without the dresses being held together by bungee cords was a huge plus. The prices were high (to be expected) but I'm so happy I went to this shop!

Sent on 02/17/2019
  • Crystal

Crystal · Married on 04/06/2019

Wedding Dress

Amazing experience at this bridal shop. From the moment I called to book my appointment to my final fitting with alterations the consultants were amazing. They made me feel comfortable and beautiful when trying on dresses. The tailor at the shop even made me a custom bolero that was absolutely fantastic! She tailored that dress to give me a banging shape. My groom was in awe when he saw me in that dress.

Sent on 04/15/2019

Katherine · Married on 09/30/2017

I had a great experience at Curvaceous Couture and I would definitely recommend it to plus-size brides. The gown got so many compliments!

Sent on 10/18/2017