Curvaceous Couture Bridal Collection Reviews

Curvaceous Couture Bridal Collection 4
Curvaceous Couture Bridal Collection 5
Curvaceous Couture Bridal Collection 6
Curvaceous Couture Bridal Collection 7

Anyone who has been wedding dress shopping knows that it is often a stress-inducing event. This is even more true if you happen to be a curvaceous, full-figured bride. I had more than one experience at some popular area bridal boutiques which left me underwhelmed and borderline depressed at not being able to try on dressed that actually zipped up on me. My now sister-in-law found this spot and I pursued it. I was the best thing that happened to me in wedding planning. The staff are so amazing here - I can't say enough about how beautiful and relaxed they made me feel. It was the complete opposite of other dress shopping experiences I'd had. My consultant, Cathy, was so sweet, supportive, and excited for me. My best friend unfortunately couldn't be there that day and even so, it was like having the support of a good friend as I tried things on. Ladies - if "regular" bridal boutiques aren't working, do yourself a favor and make an appointment at Curvaceous Couture immediately. You will not regret it!!

Sent on 10/21/2014

I purchased my wedding gown from Curvaceous Couture Bridal, and the dress is stunning. I got a ton of compliments. They made the process easy and were very flexible. The shop has lots of styles to choose from and has spacious fitting rooms as well as huge mirror wall to see the dress from all angles.
    Loved them!

Sent on 09/08/2014

Janet · Married on 03/21/2014

On Friday, Nov. 8, 2013, I had the pleasure to visit the most professional bridal salon ever! As an event planner (and this time mother of the bride) I generally refer my customers, but after first hand experience, I highly recommend Curvaceous Couture... My beautiful daughter has visited several bridal shops and left dissapointed at the limited selection and having wedding gowns clipped to give her a "feel" of what she was purchasing. From the moment we walked in the door, we felt like family rather than a customer. Here, a huge variety of "wedding gowns for real women with curves" and all fit or had to be gathered to fit. Go figure... The service was one on one and sometimes she had several consultants assisting her. The attention to detail = phenomenal! from offering options and accessoring, all while making her dress selection an "experience to remember" rather than dress shopping. Did I mention, she said yes to a dress that fit her perfectly... Ashley, thank you for your patience, advice and professionalism!

Sent on 11/12/2013

Rachel · Married on 12/11/2013

Great place to buy a dress! The attendant was fantastic in helping me pick out dresses to try on, and never tried to push more expensive dresses. They had a great selection, and everyone was friendly. I love the philosophy of wedding dresses for real sized women. They are an ALL size dress boutique. I loved my dress so much I didn't want to take it off. The seamstress was also great. I wouldn't have changed a thing about my experience here.

Sent on 12/13/2013

Adrienne · Married on 10/19/2013

I absolutely had the most wonderful experience at this salon! They were the answer to my prayers. I had heard so many horror stories from women who aren't a size 4 when it came to their wedding gowns. So many stores in my area (NJ) carried two plus sized gowns in their salons. When I asked what if I didn't like either one, I was told I could order one from a catalog. Who wants to order a wedding gown that way? My sister's friend was married a year before and suggested I check out Curvaceous Couture. I was so happy she told me about them! I was able to try on 8-10 gowns that day. I never once felt rushed. I was allowed to take my time and look at gowns and then my consultant got a "feel" for what I liked and kept bringing me in more to try. My gown was absolutely gorgeous. I received so many compliments on it. I felt like a princess. The best part of my wedding night was when my groom and I were finally alone and he looked at me and said, "That gown is just incredible. You are so beautiful." It was a moment I will never forget and it's thanks to Curvaceous Couture.

I did have to travel about two hours from my home in NJ to Maryland, but it was worth the trip! I did have to go for three fittings. The last one being about two weekends before our wedding, but the third time was a charm. If this is something that makes you nervous (I was praying that the third time was a charm), then ask to make your first appointment earlier than what they suggest.

Thanks so much Curvaceous Couture for doing what you guys do!

Sent on 12/29/2013

Brienne · Married on 09/28/2013

I was very impressed with Curvaceous Couture. The staff was very friendly and helpful from the time I walked in the door to make an appointment, to the time I walked out with my gown. I don’t know why, but I started my search at a chain bridal store and my experience was horrible. My husband forbade me to walk into that store again, so I went on the hunt for a bridal boutique. I’m a size 16, so when I came across Curvaceous Couture, I couldn’t get there fast enough. Even though they are an “appointment only” salon, they were willing to help me when I walked in the door for the first time. They let me browse their gowns and answered all of my questions. The salon has a lovely selection of dresses, accessories and bolero jackets. I bought the first dress that I tried on because the associate who worked with me was so good. She brought me exactly what I wanted in the first round. My mother bought her dress there as well and she was extremely happy. The owners and staff are very friendly and personable and their seamstress is amazing. I’m very, very blessed up-top but I was determined to get a strapless gown. They recommended a wonderful undergarment boutique , the seamstress worked her magic and I had a beautiful strapless gown on my wedding day.

Sent on 12/24/2013

I love this place!!!

Seriously, if you have a curve at all, you must try this place out. Everyone is so nice and the inventory is plentiful.

Normal bridal shops have MAYBE a handful of plus sized dresses. Not true here.

Thanks for making my experience awesome!

Sent on 09/15/2013

Emily · Married on 06/23/2013

Curvaceous Couture is amazing! As a size 20, I was not expecting to enjoy my dress buying experience, putting it off as late as I could. I wanted a happy experience getting my dress and had heard so many horror stories about David’s Bridal. I didn’t want that added stress around my wedding.

I met with Sophia for my wedding dress and she had me try on numerous ones that I liked. She really listened to my style and we clicked right away. I had broken my foot two months before, still in a walking cast, and Sophie got me and my cast in and out of these gorgeous gowns. I ended up with the first one I tried on there. I really got my “say ‘yes’ to the dress” moment. I still loved my dress as much as the day I picked it. I am trying to find ways I can still wear it.

I also chose my bridesmaid dresses at CC, as I was there and half of my bridesmaids were size 10+. A month later the designer had discontinued the dress! Yukia to the rescue! She calmed me down expertly and took care of everything. I got my dresses and they turned out wonderfully.

My mother also bought her dress at CC. Her dress was stunning and she was thrilled with it.

Amy with alterations is fantastic! There were a few ways the dress was laying that bothered me and she fixed it, no problem. She also made a beautiful jacket for me that completed the look. All my bridesmaids also had chiffon jackets made for a Jewish ceremony, and they were wonderful. I plan to use her for my future alterations.

At CC you become part of a family. No question is stupid, no concern is minimal. They provide the best service you can hope for.

A special shout out to Yenisia. She was with me every step of the way, from buying with Sophia, the bridesmaid fittings, the alterations, and then the final pick up.

It really an amazing place! If you can afford to spend a little more than DB or AA, or are a 10 or higher and want to have an memorable experience, go there, you won’t regret it!

Sent on 08/19/2013

Jessica · Married on 06/23/2013

I bought my wedding dress at CC in Dec. '12 for my wedding in June '13. They were incredibly professional, knowledgable, and sincerely excited for me! They worked with my limited budget, and I was able to buy a beautiful sample gown! It was the dress of my dreams! I also had it altered there, and had a great experience with that too. They had several alterations to do, even reconstructing the train on an all-over lace gown, but it turned out beautifully! Even after they had my payment, they continued to show that they care about people, not just money. I felt like a princess shopping for a dress at CC! It was so awesome to have so many options as a street size 16 (20 in bridal), when at other dress shops, I felt ignored, or just embarassed when sales associates suggested I just hold it up to myself and 'imagine what it would look like' in my size. I would highly recommend Curvaceous Couture!

Sent on 10/03/2013

Denise · Married on 06/08/2013

I am the Mother of the Bride and really want to shout about the quality of service this shop delivers!
    My daughter is a girl with curves!! We looked at , I think, every shop in Maryland. We even drove to Delaware thinking we may have luck there. So many tears because very few shops had a gown she could try on. The ones that did had very few and very unattractive gowns. She commented one day that she guesses a fuller size girl isn't expected to look pretty. Unless you are a street size 8 or smaller good luck finding one you can try on !
    When we read the Bio of this Dress Shop we prayed they were all they claimed. They were !!
    My daughter tried on several gowns here. All beautiful and different than we had seen everywhere else!! When she put on the Gown she ultimately purchased.. she stood taller and smiled like never before in the months prior. One of the ladies came from the back and commented that the dress was made for her ! It complimented her shape and accented all the places a curvy girl rocks!! Absolutely stunning!!! We also got an incredibly beautiful veil there too. All her guests were in aww of her gown. She look amazing Ladies with curves..Please save yourself a few tears Visit this shop!!

Sent on 06/12/2013

Sanda · Married on 03/16/2013

Curvaceous Couture is a family owned business and it has been wonderful to work with them over the past 9 months. I went in with no intention of purchasing my dress here as I am a size 12/14 I couldn't find many dresses at other boutiques like Hannelore's so I went in to just check out what silhouette would look best on me. I ended up finding a couture Pronovias Manuel Mota gown that fit perfectly and they offered to sell it to me as a sample! I couldn't pass up on the deal, and they do have many gowns in a range of prices, my original budget was around $2,000 and they had many dresses available. I also ended up buying a second reception dress from them as well. They were wonderful during the alterations process as well and reasonably priced. I would definitely go to them again for any formal event!

Sent on 03/21/2013
  • Ash

Ashley · Married on 02/14/2013

I had the most wonderful experience dress shopping at this salon. I found this salon online and decided to make an appointment. As soon as I entered the door I felt welcomed. Everyone was so nice and the customer service was out of this world. Yuneisia, Ms. Pat, and another young lady (forgot her name) were angels. We had so much fun. I am so glad I went there to purchase my dress and I absolutely recommend this salon to everyone!

Sent on 03/26/2012

Andrea · Married on 01/12/2013

My very first wedding dress shopping experience was at Curvaceous Couture. I went to several other dress boutiques after trying on several dresses and I ended up going back to Curvaceous Couture to purchase my wedding gown.

The staff was Excellent....from helping with picking out a dress, getting into the dress (a lot harder when you have to do it by yourself), and alterations.

I decided on Calistoga by Enzoani. Best decision I made. I felt like a princess on that very special day.

I am a plus size woman and Curvaceous Couture made the dress shopping experience a wonderful and beautiful one. I am glad that I went there first and made my way back to purchase the dress of my dreams.

Sent on 02/23/2013
  • amanda

amanda · Married on 12/31/2012

Hello Wedding Wire family! I have just returned from my honeymoon and I wanted to give many many many praises to the Curvaceous Couture Bridal Salon.

My point of view maybe more from a family perspective because I feel like they have become my family throughout this process. Let me explain: I picked a beautiful Pronovios dress and I altered it. Amy the tailor at this shop is absolutely one of the largest reasons why I love this Salon. Her ability to make my vision come through by listening, giving amazing opinions and INCREDIBLE sowing (and hand sowing) was top notch.

I added lace to the bottom of the dress (15 yards!), a lace bolaro, buttons down the back and a bustle ect. I could not believe the attention to detail for every step of this vision. They were fun, excited with me and for me and helped me make it happen. Yukia Walker, the owner, happen to be at most of my alterations (if she wasn't busy having her baby ;)!) and her eye for every little part of my dress, making it right--just awesome!

As a plus size girl who "tried on" dresses elsewhere, I felt out of place at those shops. I was just a number, a place to make money and fat. At Curvaceous Couture I was family. Yukia Walker did it right!

xoxo A beaming NYE bride :)

Sent on 01/23/2013
  • Cassandra

Cassandra · Married on 11/10/2012

Being a bigger girl finding a dress was not on the top of my list but I knew that it had to be done. By the grace of God I found Curvaceous Couture and they saved my life (ok, maybe just my wedding day)! The first dress I put on fit like a glove and I bought it right off the floor. The seamstress, Amy, was phenomenal!
    Yukia and her whole team are just fantastic, this place is a jem!

Sent on 01/21/2013

Michele · Married on 11/03/2012

Curvaceous Couture was the third or fourth bridal salon I visited. Although the others were certainly helpful, their limited selection of plus sized sample dresses was very disappointing. A friend who lives near Columbia MD found them and suggested that I come down for an appointment (I live in central PA). It was really worth the trip! Actually, I made 2 trips down. I found a couple of possibilities on my first trip...but nothing that really did it for me. Since I had the time before my wedding, they suggested I come back in a couple months after the new styles for the year came out. I did and I found my perfect dress! Actually, it was a sample that they had just received and took out of the shipping box for me to try! I loved it (Ian Stewart designer, Killer Queen Collection, Basillica)!!! They gave me an awesome deal on the sample dress and matching veil and I walked out that day with my perfect dress. They were awesome to work with. I can't thank them enough for making my wedding dress shopping a great experience.

Sent on 03/05/2013

jessica · Married on 09/29/2012

I came in with a last minute emergency - 1 week to find a new dress for my wedding, and let me tell you, these ladies are the best! Everyone pulled together to help me find, tailor and buy my dream dress. The shop is beautiful, the dresses fit every size and shape and the women make you feel fabulous. Wonderful experience please trust your dream wedding experience to curvaceous couture! They will deliver!

and big thanks from mr and mrs mcclure<3

Sent on 10/01/2012

Caitlin · Married on 09/22/2012

As a larger lady I was dreading the wedding dress shopping experience. I found Curvaceous Couture and they were so nice and made me feel so good about everything! I found my dream dress and I felt like a princess:)

Sent on 07/02/2013

Meghan · Married on 09/15/2012

This bridal shop made the wedding dress shopping experience really special. Being a larger bride, I was concerned about going dress shopping, and this shop fit allowed me the opportunity to try on dresses in my size. The style consultants were amazing and the fitting appointments were easy. I would absolutely recommend this shop to any other plus size brides.

Sent on 11/03/2012

Yukia, Yenisia and their team are wonderful. I had an easy shopping experience. I appreciated that they showed me lots of options for wedding dresses, but once I decided to go with a bridesmaid dress in ivory instead, there was no pushy sales job. The dress and veil came in just as they should and when they said it would. The fittings went well and they know exactly what to do. They knew exactly what kind of veil to order and how to alter it to my best advantage.

I had one problem, some of the pins were left in the dress and I didn't know it until during the ceremony. Once I let them know they took care of it and were very responsive. They even came to see the dress and make sure it was okay. I am not deducting anything on the ratings for this because of how well they responded to the issue.

They took all the stress away concerning the dress!

Sent on 10/11/2012

Love, love, love this dress shop. I have lived most of my life larger than my friends and family, so shopping for anything has always been a not-so-fun process for me. So when I got engaged, I was super nervous about finding something that was going to make me feel beautiful and accentuate my features the way I wanted them to. This store was fantastic, had tons of different options to choose from, and were so lovely to work with. The owner of the store came into my dressing room to tell me about her uncomfortable dress shopping experience for her own wedding, and how she created this store for women like her so that they wouldnt go through the same thing. I was so appreciative of this! My dress was AMAZING, and I couldnt believe how seemless and comfortable my dress shopping experience was, thanks to Curvaceous Couture.

Sent on 08/28/2012

linda · Married on 06/23/2012

I was told about this salon from a friend that got married this summer. She kept raving about how this salon is amazing and I agree!!! The gowns are beautiful, the customer service is outstanding and the fitting rooms are awesome. I went in thinking I wanted an a-line gown and learned I look better in a mermaid. I gave the ladies my budget and I tried on so many shapes and styles. Yukia is great and knows her stuff. She helped me find my dream gown and I can't wait for my future husband to see me in it. Kudos to Curvaceous!

Sent on 12/16/2011

Stephanie · Married on 05/05/2012

I can't say enough amazing things about my experience with Curvaceous Couture! Myself, my mom and my grandmother all got our dresses there for my wedding. The women were so sweet and so accomodating. My grandmother is primarily in a wheelchair and they did absolutely everything they could to help us and make sure that she found a dress. I don't know what I would have done, had I not found this bridal salon. I am still getting amazing reviews on my dress. Thank you ladies!

Sent on 07/01/2012

Holly · Married on 04/07/2012

Okay, I am blurring Wedding Wire "Terms of Use" clause because I did not purchase nor sign a contract with Curaveous Courture. My review is going to be limited to my one trip there. I was very hesistant to buy a wedding dress because of the expense. My ideal dress was a qipao that I could wear again. Qipaos are Chinese dress that need to made exactly to the person's meaurements. I went to Curvaceous Courture to see how I feel about more traditional wedding dress.

The store was marvelous. Everyone was nice, attentive, and understood when I said that I wasn't the type of bride who wanted to drop alot of money on a dress. The store had a wonderful selection and I found a dress that was very tempting. There was a large changing room and a robe was provided. When I mentioned that my ideal wedding dress was a custom made Chinese qipao with a halter, we started talking about possibly making a custom made dress. The biggest issue was havng my parents invovled with the dress selection because we live in different states. I ended up finding a tailor in my parents' hometown, but working with her was very difficult. If I were to do it over again, I would have given my business to Curvaceous Couture.

Sent on 05/07/2012

Erica · Married on 04/03/2012

I cannot say enough good things about Curvaceous Couture, the staff (especially Pat) and the amazing owner, Yukia. The shopping experience was calm, comfortable and very low-pressure. The dressing rooms are huge and luxurious, and the whole store has a very upscale feel.

I was able to take pictures of the dresses I tried on and sleep on my decision. There was no sales-y feeling like I got from other salons I visited. I ended up ordering and paying my deposit by phone the day after my visit.

There was a delay with my dress due to a problem with the vendor a few months after I ordered, and Yukia did everything in her power to fix the situation and to reassure me throughout the process.

I started checking in with them about three months before my wedding to find out when my dress was going to be delivered. Yukia gave me a call every other week to let me know the progress and any updated info, or even just to reassure me that she hadn't forgotten about me and my dress.

In the end, it all worked out thanks to Yukia's forward thinking of a Plan B when I first contacted them, and I got my dress in plenty of time to have it altered before my wedding. Throughout the stressful situation, I felt like I was a priority, even though I know they are very busy running this awesome business!

Thank you, Yukia, Pat and Curvaceous Couture!!

Just a note: they keep the store very cool in the summer, which is so fantastic for us plus-size girls getting in and out of huge dresses. But have those skinny members of your entourage bring a sweater. My girls were freezing! :-)

Sent on 04/24/2012