Curvaceous Couture Bridal Collection Reviews

Curvaceous Couture Bridal Collection 5
Curvaceous Couture Bridal Collection 6
Curvaceous Couture Bridal Collection 7

Kimberly · Married on 06/04/2016

There aren't even enough words to describe how wonderful this shop is! Being "curvy", the idea of searching for a wedding dress was horrifying, stressful and not at all exciting for me. I found CC on wedding wire and thought it sounded like a good place to start.

I was so nervous and the minute I walked in and met Autumn I was put at ease. I had no idea what I was looking for and she really listened to me to try and figure out what look I was going for. She calmed my fears and insecurities and we got to work. She pulled a number of different silhouettes and styles and we narrowed from there. I wasn't ready to buy and I really got no pressure from them to buy that day. I made a second appointment to come back.

Following a less than inspiring trip to another shop I came back to curvaceous couture and found the one.

I just picked up my dress this weekend and again was blown away by the attention I received. I was worrying about whether to add cap sleeves to my dress and they really took the time to work with me on it and the best part is they were able to find a way to pull material from the dress so I don't have to pay $300 for more lace from the designer! I know I was there way longer than I should have been but not once did I feel like I was on a time clock.

If you are a plus size bride and searching for a bridal salon, look no further! The entire staff here is phenomenal, you will not regret it.

Sent on 12/13/2015

Jackie · Married on 05/07/2016

This dress shop is amazing! The women are so sweet and supportive. They have such a great selection of dresses at different price points and they really care about you. I told Sophia (the woman helping me) that my price point was right around $1500 and the style I was looking for and she brought in at least six different dresses. She told me up front the two dresses that she pulled that were over budget - 1600 and 1700 - and asked if I still wanted to try them on. I appreciated that she told me before I put them on and that even though they were over budget, they were still very close to the budget. She made sure I tried on a couple different styles so I could see the shapes. She was so helpful with getting the dresses on and off me quickly. I told her she needed to come help me get dressed every day! I ended up falling in love with a sample and was so hesitant to purchase since it was my first time trying on dresses. She let me stare at myself in the mirror for a good half hour with no pressure. I finally decided to go with it and I am so happy with my choice. As a "curvy" girl it was so nice to be able to have so many dresses that fit. I never once felt judged. I wish I could buy all my clothes from them!

Sent on 05/01/2015

Brittany · Married on 03/06/2016

I am a budget bride! That being said, it was unrealistic of me to spend so much money on a dress I was only going to wear one time! I went to their November 2015 sample sale and purchased a BEAUTIFUL allure gown that retailed for $2250.00 and I spent a little under $750.00 on it! I was in love! I stood outside in the cold and it was so worth it! Wit sample sale gowns you're asked to pay the full amount up front, which isn't a big deal as long as you come prepared.

I got my alterations done by Amy and though I loved my dress, I really wanted to add more sparkle! Amy added beadwork around the bust and bodice to match the existing bling and I fell in love again! My alterations were about $500.00 with the bustle, hem and custom beadwork. More than I would have liked to pay but so worth it when I saw the look on my grooms face!

Sent on 03/31/2016
  • Ervin and Nichole Williams

Nichole · Married on 11/28/2015

I knew that I was going to purchase my wedding dress from Curvaceous Couture when I was referred to them by one of my friends who had purchased all of her special occasion dresses from them but when I started wedding dress shopping, I went to every other store in the area just to make sure that I knew all of my options. No other store compared to the vast selection of plus size dresses that was available at Curvaceous Couture! I was able to try on every dress I pinned on Pinterest! The fitting rooms were spacious and the store is absolutely gorgeous!

Also the level of customer service that was provided by Lauren (attendant) ,Yuneisia (store owner), and Elena (seamstress) could not be touched by any other store. I requested a custom, skin-toned colored corset be sewn into the dress so that by back fat would be hidden although the back of the dress was shear. I had never seen it done before but Elena was able to execute my vision flawlessly and I was so comfortable in my dress on my wedding day, I was able to bowl in it!

My mom was with me and was able to pick out her dress right off the rack! We even had custom straps added to her dress and even she bowled in her dress.

Thank you so much for making me look and feel like a queen on my wedding day!

Sent on 12/23/2015

Emma · Married on 11/13/2015

Curvaceous Couture is the best! I had a wonderful experience all the way through from my first visit all the way through picking up my dress. The shop attendees are so incredibly welcoming, caring, and kind providing a very comfortable atmosphere. Mycahya (sp.) helped me find a dress that I was not expecting to love as much as I do. She has a great eye for what will look good and what you will feel comfortable and look beautiful in! And...I can't even begin to say how amazing AMY is!!!! I was soooo nervous for my fitting and cried the first time because I was worried about the dress. Well I'll tell you, I had nothing to worry about. I ended up having 3 fittings just to make sure everything was perfect and I feel so thankful for that! Amy did an AMAZING job on my dress. I never had a thing to worry about!
    I'd greatly recommend this shop for any curvy brides. It feels so good to have a welcoming, happy, atmosphere to try on dresses, something I think some curvy brides don't get at other shops. :)

Sent on 11/06/2015

Anna · Married on 10/31/2015

I would like to personally thank the entire staff of Curvaceous Couture for the best experience a girl could have finding her dream gown.
    I came with three girlfriends and they made us all feel like we were the most important clients they had.
    I had the unfortunate pleasure of going to another bridal shop that not only was 45 minutes late for our appointment but the attendee made me feel as though she was doing me a favor. With a sourpuss fave to boot!
    But from the moment we stepped in the door, the experience with Curvaceous was wonderful!
    I sincerely thank you all!! FOR EVERYTHING!!!
    Anna

Sent on 02/19/2015
  • Yolanda

Yolanda · Married on 10/31/2015

Pleasant, friendly, affable, cheerful. I enjoyed my experience and felt like I was apart of the family. I would love to be apart of their show on TLC! The sisters and Amy are the best!

Sent on 12/07/2015

Sharron · Married on 10/10/2015

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE LOVE Curvaceous Couture bridal. Mycahya my consultant did an excellent job with helping me, I loved her patience and professionalism. I was in love with every dress I tried on, what a hard decision I had to make. At the end of it all I walked away with a gorgeous dress.
    THANKS SO MUCH

Sent on 05/08/2015

This bridal shop is amazing!! As a plus size bride, I was very nervous about wedding dress shopping and didn’t think I was going to be able to find anything that made me feel pretty within my budget. A coworker recommended Curvaceous Couture and I checked it out not long after I got engaged. The staff were all very friendly and made me feel so welcome. When I went in for my appointment it was my first time trying on wedding dresses and I had no intention of buying a dress. They were filming their TLC TV show when I arrived but that never got in the way of my personal experience. My consultant was so friendly and totally focused on me. I was having a Halloween wedding and wanted something with a little black on it or something a little different. After trying on a couple of white dresses with a black sash she brought in a brand new black ball gown that wasn’t even on the floor yet. It was the most beautiful dress I had ever seen and I bought it that day! I went back several time for various fittings and every time I greeted like I was family. The dress was perfectly fitted to my body and I have never felt prettier than I did on my wedding day. I would recommend this bridal shop to any bride. Wonderful experience!

Sent on 10/28/2015

Sandra · Married on 09/26/2015

I absolutely loved my dress buying experience with curvaceous couture. They were kind and friendly and the dress I choose was the third one I tried on. I spoke with one of the owners each time I came into the store and they remembered me! The alternations process was very easy and affordable. The factory made an error with my dress design and they fixed it at no cost to me. I will recommend that all my curvy girls go here.

Sent on 10/21/2015

JoAngela · Married on 09/12/2015

I was nervous about finding a wedding dress in my size. As soon as we walked into this store, I felt at home. The staff was amazing. I had Autumn, and she is fantastic! She had me laughing, and feeling like we were old friends! I have never felt as comfortable with a stranger, while I was in my underwear! She didn't even blink at my spanx, or my rolls! She brought out dresses that fit me, and some that were too big! I felt so beautiful! I wanted to buy them all!
    I felt connected with Autumn, and even spoke to her about my Mom passing away in 2013. She and I were both in tears, and she told me that she knew my Mom was looking down on me! I just love her! The experience here was phenomenal! I recommend them a thousand times over!!! <3

Sent on 07/23/2015
  • TeamUs

Shabray · Married on 09/05/2015

If I could give them a million star rating, I would! My experience with Curvaceous Couture meant the world to me as a Bride. They took such great care of me. I was able to find a dress that I absolutely loved, that captured everything that I was looking for in a wedding dress and it was at an amazing price. I may have tried two other bridal salons during my process but one, I couldn't fit the samples, and two, their service level just didn't compare to Curvaceous Couture's. They have an amazing staff and they have amazing dresses for curvy women. They provide you with the experience that you are looking for as a curvy bride that you cannot get anywhere else. Just hands down amazing!!! Special shout out to Shannon, Amy and the owners Mom, they were by my side every step of the way, felt like family when it was all said and done. Thank you so so much, my dress was EVERYTHING!!!!! I will forever and ever recommend Curvaceous Couture to Brides!!!!

Sent on 11/19/2015

Patty · Married on 08/15/2015

Absolutely loved this shop! They made me feel comfortable and were wonderful in helping find the right dress. The alterations team was fantastic! Everyone loved my dress---especially me!

Sent on 08/22/2015

Jessica · Married on 05/30/2015

I LOVED this place! I was so worried about my dress shopping experience, as I'm a plus sized girl. I saw the show for CC on TLC and it was 30 minutes away, so I made this the first place I looked. Five dresses in on my first shopping trip, I found my dress! The women there were so comforting and accommodating and patient. They worked with me in my budget, and the dress was amazing for the price! I would absolutely recommend Curvaceous Couture to anyone! They don't carry bridesmaid dresses, so don't expect to find them there.

Sent on 03/01/2015

Ashley · Married on 05/24/2015

I love love love this shop. I love that the sisters that own the shop are AA and that they provide gowns for the curvy women of the world. They are all so nice and assisted very well with finding my dream gown. Thank you!

Sent on 06/04/2015

Diana · Married on 04/26/2015

Curvaceoys couture is hands down the best bridal salon for girls of all shapes and sizes! Even though they specialize in curvy brides anyone can shop there. Im so lucky to have been able to come across this salon because they helped me customize my wedding dress to be my own version of a couture alice in wonderland wedding gown. I didn't know what I wanted but I knew that I wanted to incorporate lots of alice in wonderland elements and the color lavander. What we came up with was so stunning and a one of a kind couture gown! thabk you to the girls at the store for creating my dream gown without even knowing what I wanted! Watch my episode on curvy brides when we came up with the idea and the final product. It airs may 29th on their new show Curvy Brides on TLC

Sent on 05/12/2015

Terri · Married on 04/25/2015

I've found my Dream Bridal Boutique!! I am a curvy girl who never believed I would feel like a Princess on her day. Bridal shops are not usually setup to accommodate a lady such as myself. Curvaceous Couture gave me the True BRIDE experience. Beautiful environment with a wonderful consultant by my side and an amazing collection of gowns. I found THE Dress, had THE Bride moment that I always dreamed of and felt like a Beautiful woman the entire time I was in the Boutique. The Sisters that own the boutique are personable, professional, but make you feel like family as well. I can't say enough about the consultants. I had no idea what would look good on my curvaceous frame, but they found it. Asked all the right questions and even helped me surprise my Moms when I went back to show them my Dress. I would totally recommend this wonderland to the Ladies out there that enjoy a fuller life. We have a place that loves all our curves and it's called Curvaceous Couture. I hope you find your dreams there too!!

Sent on 06/09/2014
  • Nehal

Nehal · Married on 04/18/2015

I may have already left a review before but I am still in love with this shop and decided to write one today (and again... if it is again).

**UPDATE**

My dress came in and again had a wonderful experience with the ladies of this shop. The owner was in the shop and was just a pleasant woman to talk to. We talked about their new show on TLC and she just made me feel so welcomed. Even though my appointment was at 5pm, they were extremely patient while I waited for my matron of honor to arrive as she was stuck in traffic. Once the dress was on, I wasn't forced out of the dress and let me just take in the moment. The dress itself is wonderful.

******

I haven't been to the shop in a few months (waiting for my dress to come in) but if I could go through shopping for a wedding dress again, I would go there in a heart beat. The ladies were knowledgeable and were listening to all my babble without me realizing. I was given the chance to try on any dress that I wanted to and then was given an option that I didn't pick out but ended up being the perfect dress and now I am eagerly waiting for its arrival.

Once I found my dress, I needed my mom to come in and confirm. The shop was wonderful in squeezing my mom and I in the same day just to confirm that the dress I fell in love with was the one. They didn't rush us at all and took care of us.

Ladies, if you are a bigger sized girl like me and hate trying on dresses because... well because dresses aren't always made for us, go here. I had tried two other shops before coming here and I just felt like I was at home once I walked in. I had the right choices and now can not wait to get my dress and put it on again!

Sent on 07/02/2014

Jacquetta · Married on 04/18/2015

My daughter had an appointment at 10:00 on a Saturday (and as usual she was a little late). The ladies behind the desk took my name, and I advised that I was waiting for my daughter (they thought I was the bride). Either way my daughter arrived, and the young lady that helped us on that day was AMAZING! She was so knowledgeable, and she listened to what my daughter was looking for, gave her "nuggets", and by the 4th dress we found "the ONE", I was emotional because my daughter looked so beautiful...and this dress just added to her natural beauty. I have no negative things to say about this establishment or the individuals that we had contact with on our visit.

Sent on 01/31/2017

Melanie · Married on 12/13/2014

Best dress shop ever!!!! I went to several other shops before I found this one and there is no comparison. All of the ladies who work here were helpful, professional, and very friendly.

Sent on 01/07/2015

Erin · Married on 10/25/2014

I found my wedding dress here and I'm so in love with this store! It was my first wedding dress shopping experience and they had so many dress options. I could try on all of the dresses in the shop which is great for a bride who is not a size 6. The consultant listened to what I liked and asked such great questions that helped us to narrow down the search. I am thrilled with my experience and the dress that I purchased!

Sent on 12/15/2013

If you are a size 2 or size 24....go to this shop! They have a show...what else is there to say. My dress was amazing and they have an in house seamstress.

Sent on 10/23/2014

As a plus size (size 32) bride it was hard for me to find a dress that would fit off the rack, let alone one that I would want to wear for my special day. I am so thankful I found Curvaceous Couture. I had to drive about 6 hours to reach them, but it was so worth the effort. Everyone was super friendly and nonjudgmental. They not only had my wedding dress, but also my veil. They stayed open late one night, just for my alterations, so I wouldn't have to drive back to pick up the dress. Dress, veil, and alterations were very reasonably priced for the quality. I would highly recommend them if you are a plus sized bride who actually wants to try on quality dresses designed for plus sized women.

Sent on 01/24/2015

Rebecca · Married on 10/04/2014

Curvaceous Couture is AWESOME! I tried dresses on in 7 different stores in 4 states. CC was the second store I went to and the one I returned to to buy my dress. Not only were the staff amazingly courteous, professional, and accommodating, but this was the ONLY store that literally had numerous dresses that fit! Other stores would hold dresses in front of me and tell me to imagine what it looks like. I am a street size 16, wedding size 20. It was nice to be able to try on dresses and truly know what they will look like on my wedding day! Sophia was incredibly patient and let me try on at least 10 dresses. I can't wait to go back for my first fitting!

Sent on 05/21/2014

Courtney · Married on 09/27/2014

My. Dress. Was. Absolutely. Stunning!!! I loved working with everyone at Curvaceous Couture, especially Sophia. I felt so comfortable in my dress and it fit like a glove. I wish I could wear it again and again :-)

Sent on 10/06/2014