Curvaceous Couture Bridal Collection Reviews

Curvaceous Couture Bridal Collection 5
Curvaceous Couture Bridal Collection 6
Curvaceous Couture Bridal Collection 7

Sherri · Married on 10/06/2017

Mary came in on a Sunday to open the store to let me try dresses on. She was nice and totally honest about how everything was going to work. She listened to what i wanted and the first dress she put me in ended up being the one I chose. They do on-site alterations so I didn't have to travel and she was fantastic!

Sent on 09/12/2017

Akosua · Married on 09/17/2017

I had a wonderful experience with Curvaceous Couture! I went there three separate times and each time, they staff weee very helpful. They were kind and helped me explore different options for a dress. I ended up with a beautiful ball gown that I would have never thought of wearing at their sample sale. The feeling of going into a store and being able to try on anything puts a smile on my face. Definitely check them out!

Sent on 11/16/2017
    Curvaceous Couture Bridal Collection 8
    Curvaceous Couture Bridal Collection 9
    Curvaceous Couture Bridal Collection 10

Stephanie · Married on 09/16/2017

I had a great experience there. The owners were there and SO warm and personable. I will caution that brides should not expect to have the same experience they see on TV reality shows. That's not real life. Once you move past that and just be yourself, you'll have a great experience. Trust your consultant and trust your family and friends who are with you (if you can't trust them, don't take them!). I wouldn't have chosen my dress without their nudging. But I wouldn't change a thing about it either. Have fun!

Sent on 02/16/2017
  • AliciaNYC

Alicia · Married on 09/09/2017

I had such an amazing experience at this bridal shop! I am a plus size girl, size 22 and I was terrified about not being able to try on any dresses. At CC there were more dresses than I could even try on! I tried on at least 8 dresses during a 2.5 hour appointment with a very very patient associate from the store. We were the last ones in the store and they never rushed us! They were also really honest about what to expect for alterations, and when I was stuck between two dresses, they honestly advised me that the alterations would be a lot more on the expensive one. They were steering me toward the dress in my budget, instead of trying to upsell. They were genuinely trying to help me stay within budget. I wasn't ready to pull the trigger on my favorite dress yet, so I went shopping at a different, very popular bridal store in NY that's been on tv. It was then I realized just how amazing CC is - They spent so much more n time with me, found dresses I would love, were patient and attentive and incredibly helpful. The other store couldn't compare - The NY store was 30 min late for my appointment, then I felt rushed and was in a really cramped room with way less selections. At Curvaceous Couture, the options were plentiful, and the other shop in NY didn't even carry the dress I loved. So I went back to CC and purchased my dress there, and I couldn't be happier! I also love the fact that I can support a Black and women-owned business. That's the cherry on top for me! :) I would suggest skipping other big bridal places and go where you know you'll get the best service - Curvaceous Couture!

Sent on 09/20/2016

I can not say enough amazing things about Mary! First let me say when I walked in for my dress I was sweating with anxiety hopeless. Mary took me under her wing making the process fun, amazing and painless. Lol. Mary helped me find my beauty with in not allowing me to break myself apart in any GOWN. She found my dress for me she's truly an angel who has an incredible talent at finding dresses. GO SEE MARY. The crazy part I asked how long she's been at Curvaceous Couture she said a few WEEKS! Although, she's been at another boutique god truly blessed CURVACEOUS COUTURE with Mary she's spectacular.

Sent on 11/07/2016

Shawn · Married on 07/15/2017

Found my perfect wedding dress here. They were very helpful, friendly, accomodating. Found my dress straight off the rack and they made sure it fit me perfectly. Being a plus size woman its really great to be able to walk in and try on so many dresses. Their seamstress is fabulous. My dress was several sizes too big and by the time she was done it fit great. Highly recommended!

Sent on 08/05/2017
  • Jill

Jill · Married on 06/17/2017

I had tried on several dozen white wedding dresses at about a dozen bridal shops when I walked into Curvaceous Couture. “I think I’m done with white dresses; what else ya got?” They did not pressure me at all to try on any of their white dresses (which I could see the incentive to do, since they’re at minimum 4x the price of any of the evening dresses they sold).

They directed me to their evening/prom wear section and I tried on a half-dozen I think. When I tried on the one I ultimately selected, my friend, and other patrons in the store who’d seen me come out in each dress, were all aflutter. “You’re going to get that one, right? You should get that one!” Fortunately, I agreed with them, and my wedding dress hunt was finally, thankfully, over!

I thought I would want a red dress, but the blue dress I got was simply beautiful. Salesperson listened to what I wanted, pulled dresses she thought I would like, and was great helping me into and out of them. The blue dress I got was so inexpensive, I bought it thinking, “Heck, even if I decide to keep looking for a wedding dress, I want to get this dress for some unspecified future occasion.” (But after I bought it, I found I was more than ready to be done wedding dress shopping. It was the worst part of the whole planning process.)

At the time of sale, they had a seamstress take a look at how it might be altered to better fit me, and gave me an estimate of what that would cost. They sent the dress home with me and told me to call several months later to schedule a fitting and alterations. I got that done in a timely fashion and it ended up costing one third of what they estimated. When I went for the final fitting, I asked them to hem it up a little further than they wanted, because it was interfering with my dancing (they have enough space that I twirled around a bit to test it out). They cut a bit more and hemmed it again while I waited, very fast and easy.

Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/30/2017

Tiarra · Married on 06/16/2017

I got my beautiful wedding gown from here. As a plus sized bride I had so much anxiety about my dress shop. I made an appointment with curvaceous couture pretty early on but was talked into going to a chain bridal shop at which I had such a horrible time. Dresses I liked they didn't have a plus size sample so instead they gave me what they had and everything was hideous I walked out. But I felt the complete opposite at curvaceous couture. I felt beautiful. It felt amazing being able to try on any dress in the shop. There were so many options and I get beautiful in everything simply because it was a great feeling being able to pull it up over my waist. Outside of vanity the staff was great and always welcoming with a smile. I wish I could relive that time over and over again.

Sent on 07/03/2017

Diana · Married on 04/08/2017

Curvaceous Couture was the most wonderful bridal experience! I went in with very little time before my wedding and everyone worked so hard to find me the perfect dress. I ended up loving the top of a dress but wanted a different skirt. They did an amazing job attaching the new skirt and altering the dress to fit perfectly. I also bought a beautiful veil and hairpiece for the reception. Curvaceous Couture was the most professional and friendly experience I had planning my wedding. They are the best!!!

Sent on 04/27/2017

Lauren · Married on 01/07/2017

I cannot say enough good thing about Curvaceous Couture. They were my first stop when I went dress shopping and I immediately fell in love. Everyone at the store was wonderful and they had a huge selection of dresses that I loved. I ended up finding my dress at a different store and even if my dress shopping experience at Curvaceous Couture ended there, I would still recommend them. The store was beautiful, their dressing rooms were spacious and spotless, their gowns were stunning and their staff was so friendly and welcoming. Unfortunately, the other store ended up destroying my dress and I was left without a dress 6 weeks before my wedding. Luckily, Curvaceous Couture saved the day! They were able to fit me in for a last minute appointment one evening and could not have been more understanding and sympathetic about my situation. During my appoint, my sales consultant and the store's owners, Yukia and Yunesia, found me several dresses that I loved and that were able to sell me right off the rack. With their help, I found a dress I loved even more than my original dress. They then made the situation even better by offering me the price the dress would be sold for at an upcoming sample sale. Their seamstress, Amy, did an impeccable job taking a dress many sizes too big and making it fit perfectly. Curvaceous Couture was able to take a terrible situation and turn dress shopping back into a wonderful experience. Thanks to them, I felt more beautiful in my dress than I ever imagined I could.

Sent on 02/04/2017

Kasima · Married on 11/14/2016

I'm short and plus-size and absolutely dreaded the embarrassment of trying on sample sizes. I first saw the salon on their TLC show and for the first time had experienced hope that shopping for my wedding dress wouldn't be an awful experience. Autumn, my sales consultant, and all the staff were wonderful and helpful and reassuring on the shopping trip. I was grateful not to feel pressured considering how overwhelming and surreal the experience was in general. Best part, every dress I tried on fit/zipped up or was too big!! I couldn't believe it. Even better, because of my lack of height and proportions I knew I would need quite a bit of alterations and throughout the sales experience Autumn or other staff were able to explain what alterations would likely entail for each dress I tried on. I could not have been more happy and picked the perfect dress and was able to stay within my budget- however, I was ordering a color that was different from the sample and there were no pictures on the web what-so-ever of the version I ordered. Later after purchasing the dress, I expressed concern over this, they contacted the designer, Allure and were able to get me a photograph of a dress that had made for another customer in that color within a couple of days. So grateful for this extra care. They'll also package the dress for travel if needed; so well done and fit in my carry-on!
    Alterations- I knew I'd need alot done and used their in-house services because I wanted to be sure I went with someone who had experience working with these same dresses. Irina was my seamstress and she was absolutely phenomenal. She did amazing work and took plenty of time and care to not only make sure things were done well and right, but also was able to see solutions for the alterations that saved me some money too! Tip- get the bustle (I forget what it's called again) that doesn't look like a bustle, basically it just makes the train disappear and look like a floor-length gown; it's amazing!

Sent on 02/09/2017
  • Mandee M

Amanda · Married on 10/31/2016

As a plus size bride I was very wary about bridal gown shopping, but once I entered the doors of Curvaceous Couture I knew I was going to be at ease. They had so many gorgeous options, and I was encouraged to try on a style I wasn't necessarily envisioning myself wearing, but when I did I fell in love! These ladies know their stuff! Their seamstress was amazing as well, she altered my very gorgeous gown and made me fall in love with it even more.

I highly recommend this place for any plus size brides! Not only will you have any abundance of samples to try on (I wouldn't have even had this option had I gone to the other well known bridal shops), but you will be greeted by the nicest ladies in the biz! Thank you so much again ladies for the amazing work and care that was put into my gown, and thank you for making a very anxious bride feel beautiful!

Sent on 10/21/2016

Simone · Married on 10/30/2016

Getting my wedding dress from Curvaceous Couture was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding day. From day one, the staff was incredibly helpful and friendly. When I came to shop, they made me feel at ease and comfortable, all the while having a blast. Amy, the seamstress, did a phenomenal job with my dress. She had to did some serious alterations and somehow, the dress came out looking even more beautiful than it did originally. She was so thorough and professional. I would highly recommend shopping here for your wedding gown, I'm so glad I did.

Sent on 10/31/2016

Nina · Married on 10/22/2016

My wedding is fall 2016. After watching them on TLC I decided to make an appt. Being a short plus sized bride I was nervous/sacred rather than happy/excited. I literally did not want to go and try on dresses and cried as the appt got closer.

I walked in with a strange request, a black dress. My consultant Autumn was amazing! I told her how I felt prior to the appt and she was so supportive. She listened to what I liked and what I didn’t like and she pulled beautiful dresses for me to try on. I loved some, didn’t like others but her sense of humor really made the appt relaxed and enjoyable.

Walking around the salon before my appt I felt a sense of relief because I could literally try on any dress! The first dress she pulled I knew it was the one. She taught me a lot about my body and what would look fabulous and what would hug me in the wrong places. One thing I loved, I didn’t feel rushed throughout the appt.

I walked in with a $3k budget. The dress I wanted was $2600 before tax and altercations. She said she might have a sample dress in the back and came out with the same dress but with some altercations, changed to a corset back (which I loved), changed from the top ending at the waist to one that ended at my hips and it was fit for a short bride like me! IT WAS PERFECT! She told me it was a “sample” dress because the bride that ordered it didn’t want it anymore because of a super minor stitch error which was not noticeable to the naked eye. She told me that this sample was $799. I’m pretty sure I screamed “YES, I’LL TAKE IT!” I went back out to my family to say yes to this dress. Since it was a sample and it fits me perfectly there are NO altercations needed. I LOVE IT!

CON; No kids under a certain age. My daughter being there was extremely important to me and she couldn’t per their policy. Once I got there I could see why. I got a second dress from David’s Bridal and she came so it worked out.

Sent on 12/16/2015

As a plus size bride, Curvaceous Couture gave me the best experience I could ever imagine. I have also been the one not looking forward to this process. I had my mother and 3 of my bridesmaids with me and they were so supportive. Along with the team at Curvaceous Couture, I loved my Sales Associate Makayla!! The owners was very helpful and kind. Even though I traveled from NC, it was well worth the trip. I will definitely be back for my alterations. My mother also found the most beautiful gold sequin dress and she will probably get her alterations done at the store as well. Best Experience Ever!! You guys need to open more stores around the world with the same quality of people and experience. All girls deserve to have true happiness when searching for their wedding dress. I definitely watch your show on TLC ever week. Y'all have won me over forever and always in my heart. See you guys soon!!!

Sent on 06/10/2015

Marissa · Married on 10/15/2016

I can't say ENOUGH great things about this bridal boutique. The ladies here are very professional and so gracious. I went in without knowing what type of dress I wanted but it only took about 2 dresses before the stylist knew what I looked good in and what I liked. I would recommend them to anyone and especially any plus size bride. Their dress selection was impeccable!

Sent on 11/14/2016

Mallory · Married on 09/24/2016

The staff at Curvaceous Couture was amazing!!! They made me feel special as a bigger bride when other bridal salons just treated me like a number or the fat girl. Making an appointment was super easy. Amy, who did my alterations, is amazing at what she does. My bridal consultant, Autumn, listened to what I wanted and made my vision a reality for my special day!!! They truly are a one of a kind bridal salon!

Sent on 10/26/2016

NJIDEKA · Married on 08/13/2016

Excellent staff and seamstress Amy

Sent on 12/03/2017

Jen · Married on 08/06/2016

I cannot say enough good things about curvaceous couture. The one thing I was looking forward to least about my wedding was finding a dress, but CC made the process seamless. I had read about them in the Baltimore Sun and thought the concept was BRILLIANT. I hate going to bridal salons because I can never fit in the samples and bridal sizing is completely different (no bride wants to see a number multiple sizes larger than what she normally wears). Buying my dress at CC took all of that anxiety out of dress shopping for me. My sales associate, Sophia, was amazing too. I came in with a picture of what I was thinking and right away she had a dress in mind for me. She sent me out to grab some to try on while she pulled on too. The first dress I picked was the dress she was thinking of too, and that's the dress I bought. I needed a few alterations and also did them through CC which again was an extremely easy process with fair pricing. On my wedding day I felt absolutely beautiful and for once wasn't worrying about how I looked. I would 100% recommend Curvaceous Couture!

Sent on 08/19/2016

I traveled all the way from NC to find a dress. Makala was absolutely amazing. After going to so many stores and loving dresses that I couldn't try on because they didn't carry my size. I found my dream dress here at Curvaceous Couture. I ended up going a little over budget but the experience was well worth it. I felt like a princess because I could try on every dress in the store. These ladies just don't know the extent of my gratitude. Not only did I find the perfect dress but I got my confidence back about myself. I looked so sexy in the dress i picked. I never knew i could look so amazing. I had been to so many places where other vendors said I couldn't try on a dress because it was too little. Thank you ladies. I will admit I'm a little nervous about my fitting. Alterations are very high and I didn't really budget for this cost. I hope these ladies keep inspiring full figured women. We are sexy and beautiful too.

Sent on 07/18/2015

If you are not the standard size this is the place for you!! The gowns they had made fall in love with my curves! I love EVERYTHING about this shop.

Sent on 04/21/2016

Dionne · Married on 07/15/2016

I got my dress from this boutique and also had my alterations done here. The selection wasn't very wide but I ended up finding a dress that I loved and Amy was able to make it work.

Sent on 09/18/2016

Luciana · Married on 07/09/2016

I am not quite sure why their overall rating is not a 5.0. From the moment we called them to get more information, to setting up a private appointment, so arriving from NY and greeted by two of the owners, to finding the perfect dress, and to them personally taking care of overnight delivery - we could not have asked for a better experience! To say that they cater to the curvaceous bride is an understatement. We would recommend their services again and again to anyone who would listen. Thanks Curvaceous Couture for being who you are, so that the bride can feel comfortable being exactly who she is on her special day!

Sent on 04/10/2016

Stephanie · Married on 06/11/2016

Yesterday 9/2/2015 I had my first Bridal gown appointment ever at Curvaceous Couture. From the moment I walked in I knew this was a wonderful place. The bridal boutique was pristine, with comfortable couches, decadent curtains, a beautiful show room, and good lighting. I was greeted with warm smiles and friendly conversation. The associate who helped me during my appointment was a lovely woman. She listened to my budget, needs, wants, and vision and helped me select the best gowns fitting all of my criteria. She was professional helping me get in and out of the gowns. She explained each gown in detail including the designer, fabric, cost, and added accessories to see different "looks". I tried on about 10 different dresses and all of them were beautiful. At the end of the appointment I said yes to my dress and received hugs, and walked out feeling beautiful, confident, and on cloud 9. I highly recommend Curvaceous Couture for any plus sized woman who wants to feel pampered, special, and beautiful. If I could I would do it all over again. It is a day I will always remember.

Sent on 09/03/2015

lisa · Married on 06/11/2016

My mom recommended this place to me, we are from Michigan so I thought she was crazy for wanting to go. I’m so glad we did, I found an amazing dress, at a decent price, and everyone was so nice! Autumn was my consultant and she found my style right away and ran with it. I felt great in every dress I tried on thanks to her. She knows what she is doing and is great at it! I would recommend her to anyone. She really cared about me, and made me feel great.

Sent on 09/14/2015