Curtis Knight Entertainment Reviews

221 | Billerica, MA

221 Reviews for Curtis Knight Entertainment

Michelle · Married on 10/03/2015

Mark Cherone did an amazing job! We had him play the music for both the ceremony and the reception. He showed up early and music was playing before our first guest arrived. He coordinated well with our pastor and knew exactly when to cut the music in and out during the ceremony. The reception was amazing! He kept the dance floor full all night long & had a great feel for what music to play for the crowd. He was also great on the microphone - very natural & upbeat. Our guests loved him! We've received so many compliments! I would highly recommend him.

Sent on 11/02/2015

Julie · Married on 08/15/2015

DJ Mark Cherone did an outstanding job at the wedding of our children. An outdoor wedding the weather was a bit stormy Mark rolled with it and made it as smooth as could be. The dance floor was filled all night! Whatever we asked of him was done with such ease and professionalism everyone at the wedding came to us and said that he was the BEST DJ they have ever seen at a wedding. We would highly recommend his services and we would never hire anyone else!!!

Sent on 08/23/2015

Kate · Married on 08/01/2015

Curtis and Anna are amazing and made our wedding phenomenal. Countless wedding guests told me that mine was the most fun wedding they had ever been to- and Curtis and Anna were the main reason for that! We had Curtis as our Justice of the Peace and his ceremony was great- just what we were looking for. Curtis and Anna were our DJ/MCs and photographers (Anna during the ceremony, Curtis during the rest of the evening). They are a well-oiled wedding machine, with endless experience and insight into how to pull off an event that your guests will love. I threw them a curveball by making a lot of special request for music during cocktails and dinner, which did concern them at first, but Anna pulled off exactly what I asked for. Curtis is upfront with his opinions and makes strong recommendations based on his vast experience, but ultimately accommodate any request you make. He responds immediately to any questions or concerns and is one of the most engaging, charismatic people I have ever met. Our guests absolutely loved him. Our photos are beautiful and I cannot think of a single thing that was not captured. Our videographer Steve was also amazing. We just got our highlight reel and could not be more pleased- can’t wait for the full video!!

Sent on 08/16/2015

Tim · Married on 06/06/2015

Curtis was helpful and responsive throughout our entire planning experience. Everyone loved the photobooth. Our DJ Mark Cherone was full of energy, very helpful, and was quick on his feet whenever plans changed during the night. Great experience!

Sent on 06/09/2015

What a Party!

We booked DJ Mark Cherone through CKE for our wedding on 12/13/14. Working with Curtis was so great- he was very responsive to emails- usually within an hour of me sending an email- and was always so cheerful- which made him so great to work with. We met Mark about a month before our wedding to discuss logistics for the day of. He was so incredibly professional and after our meeting- we were so excited to hear what he was going to play at the wedding. The night of the reception was such an awesome party. Mark had people out on the dance floor all night. He definitely took note of the vibe in the crowd and played music to that. Our guests were saying after the wedding how awesome Mark was and how great the music was!! We were so happy to get to work with CKE and especially Mark- he made our night so incredible!!!!!...

Sent on 12/28/2014

Jeff · Married on 11/08/2014

We were married on 11/8/2014 and CKE was the star of the show. Our ceremony was performed by Bob Spinosa. After we met with Bob we were both very excited for him to perform the ceremony. Bob was incredibly flexible and affable. While neither our DJ nor JP, Curtis was incredibly accommodating and always available to us for any reason. While greeting many guests during our reception they all remarked what a lovely ceremony Bob performed. Bob was better than we ever imagined for our JP and we feel incredibly thankful that he performed our ceremony so well as it was an unforgettable moment for us.

Mike D was our DJ form CKE. Our reception was a great time for everyone involved because of Mike. Mike accommodated our special requests of allowing members of the reception to play instruments and sing during the reception. Mike played all of the requested music for the special moments of the ceremony and reception. He kept everyone on the floor all night long. All of of guests commented on what a fantastic time they had and how tired they were from dancing the whole night. Mike didn't play a single song that cleared the dance floor. Our guest list include people of all ages and there was always a song playing for everyone.

Our biggest pre-wedding fear was not throwing a great party. Mike made sure everyone had a great time. All of guests remarked it was the best party, not just wedding, they had been to in a long time. We can't thank Mike enough for exceeding our expectations and making sure our guests had a great time.

We would highly recommend CKE, especially Bob and Mike, to family and friends planning their wedding!

Sent on 11/13/2014

Deb · Married on 11/01/2014

Curtis Knight has yet again proven themselves to me as a professional and outstanding business. I had used them in the past which is what drove me to check them out for my wedding. We hired Curtis Knight as our officiant and also decided to go with them for our DJ, Photography and Videography services. I am very happy with our decision to do that. Curtis made our ceremony an original and incredible experience. I had said to my husband the day after our wedding that as much of a blur the day might have been I remember every moment of saying our vows and that meant the most to me out of everything. Curtis had our friends and family captivated by our ceremony and even allowed for a few laughs here and there which is perfectly suited to our lives. Mark Cherone was our DJ and he also was incredible! We had met with Mark twice before our wedding date and had discussed in detail what we wanted our day to be like and Mark exceeded our expectations when it came to that. He totally got a great feel for our crowd and was able to keep them on the dance floor and entertained the entire time! Towards the end of our reception he intuitively played Piano Man which brought upon all of our friends and family surrounded us in a group hug and singing all together with us. It was one of the most incredible moments of our wedding and I'm so happy that Mark was able to help create that. We also used David Sullivan for our photographer and Dan McDonald for our videographer and they were great as well. I am excited to get our photos and video back to see how well they captured our day.

Sent on 11/09/2014

Alexandra · Married on 10/31/2014

I didn't have to think about choosing to use Curtis Knight as our wedding DJ as both my husband and I grew up in Billerica, MA where they are located, and I'm glad we didn't look any further. From our very first meeting I knew Anthony (our C.K.E. DJ) would be perfect. One of my biggest fears going in to it all was what if something happened, like our first dance song started late, and Anthony assured us everything would go perfectly- and it did! He was so helpful the day of, getting people on the dance floor and to gather around for the bouquet toss and garter removal. He played all the right songs and is just genuinely a really easy guy to get along with, it was like he was one our friends! Also, I had won the war with my husband about what song would play at the ceremony once they announced us as "Mr. & Mrs."- MMMBop by Hanson, and Anthony played the most perfect version of it, a version a bit more classed up that I didn't even know existed. So happy we chose to use them for DJ.

Sent on 11/21/2014

Jillian · Married on 10/12/2014

We knew right when we met Curtis that we wanted him to host our wedding. He is so funny and exciting and happy to serve. He knows what he is doing and got EVERYONE on the dance floor even people I expected to be seated all night! We all had the time of our life at our wedding and he made sure everything flowed just perfectly! He even added our MOH and best mans speeches into our last dance which was the icing on the cake. The pictures during the night were amazing Curtis and Anna go above and beyond! And Larry our videographer we chose from CKE and he was great as well we could hardly tell he was there cannot wait to see the footage thank you so much!!

Sent on 10/30/2014

Michael · Married on 10/11/2014

CKE did such an amazing job at our wedding! Curtis and Anna kept the party rocking and the entertainment flowing!

Sent on 10/29/2014

Choosing Curtis and Anna to be our DJ's of our wedding was the best decision we made! Our families can not stop talking about how awesome they were. From start to finish they made the whole process so simple! We had some last minute changes and they were able to handle everything - they went above and beyond! Curtis took pictures as well as our photographer which is very rare and he kept the crowd going all night. We used CKE for DJ, Photobooth, Photography and Uplights services. We were not disappointed with anything. We can't wait to see pictures and the video!
    Thank you again. Jessica & Peter

Sent on 10/07/2014

Kim · Married on 10/04/2014

I was referred to Curtis Knight and they were absolutely phenomenal! They took the time to speak with us and meet with us as much as we needed prior to the wedding to make us feeling comfortable with all of our choices. From our first meeting I was impressed. Curtis does not try to upsell you on anything; he wants to make sure you have everything the way you want. He is very knowledgeable and absolutely loves what he does. He is a natural in the business and always puts a smile on the Brides face even in the most stressful times. They went above and beyond in every aspect. We used CKE for our up lighting, Justice of the peace, videographer and photo booth. If I didn’t have a live band I would have booked for a DJ too.

The up lighting that Christian Furze and Anna Shelbaer put together looked amazing; I almost couldn't recognize the Hall. The highlight of the night was the lights changing colors to the beat of the music after dinner.

Our photo booth was the best photo booth we have ever seen at a wedding. Thank you to our photo booth technicians Eamon Tighe and Jeff Mate. Our guests keep telling us how much fun they had at the booth and how unique the props package was. Now we get to savor those visuals forever since we got photo album as part of the package.

Our Justice of the Peace Bob Spinosa was absolutely wonderful. He was professional, sweet and best of all had an amazing sense of humor! People are still talking about what a wonderful Justice Of The Peace I had at my wedding and I totally agree!!

Our Videographer Michael Brigida did an awesome job and was enthusiastic about getting the perfect shots for every angle we asked for. He talked me into having our first look on video and I am so happy that he did because it is all a blur.

The CKE website is amazing, payment plans are awesome. You can NOT go wrong with this company! I 120% recommend Curtis Knight Entertainment!

Wedding Date : 10/04/2014
    Newly Weds Kim and Marc Twomey

Sent on 10/21/2014

Super easy and laid back... You guys were so helpful and so attentive to our requests! We appreciated your attention to detail. Awesome! Mikey D had the dance floor packed all night, the photobooth was a huge hit (Eamon even offered to drive to our hotel to drop off our album when he realized we had left it at the country club at the end of the night), and Mike B got some great shots at the ceremony and reception! Went above and beyond :) All and all the team was great! We had an amazing time! - Oh we can't forget the Uplighting either! It was awesome!!! It even convinced a few of our friends to add it to their upcoming wedding!! Thumbs up on that! -Carrie and Eddie

Sent on 10/01/2014
  • Kelsie

Kelsie · Married on 09/12/2014

Our experience working with Curtis Knight Entertainment was great from start to finish. We had a great time meeting Curtis and our DJ, Mike D. They set up a website for each of their clients, so that in the months leading up to the wedding, we were able to go on there and make payments as well as add and change songs. They also provided a link that guests could use to request songs for the reception (we could delete the songs if we wanted :). Our DJ ended up having a medical emergency that required him to be a few hours late for our wedding, but they provided a second DJ to fill in for him until he got there, and then stay the rest of the night to help him at no additional cost to us. Everything went off so smoothly and it was so nice having someone who was not only a DJ but a real MC. He got our crowd pumped up at several points throughout the night (before we were introduced, centerpiece game, dance floor opener, to name a few) and made sure we did the cake cutting, father-daughter dance, etc. when we needed to. We heard compliments all night from our guests about what a great DJ we had and we danced our butts off, which is exactly what we had wanted! There was even a spontaneous limbo contest! Our wedding was a blast and a big part of that is due to Mike D! Thank you and we are so glad we decided to work with you!

Sent on 09/17/2014

It was absolutely wonderful to work with Curtis at Curtis Knight Entertainment and our DJ, Rolling Rick Colbourne. We loved using the online planner to pick our songs and plan our event. Both Curtis and Rick were extremely responsive. The cost of their services was extremely reasonable and allowed us to afford an awesome, experienced DJ.

If your budget doesn't allow you to book Curtis himself, I highly recommend requesting DJ Rolling Rick! He is so down to earth and really cares about his job. We knew that we could count on him and he definitely came through the day of our wedding, adjusting things for last minute changes we made. He basically ran the whole event, knew what we wanted to do and when, and stuck with our plan. And he also has lots of great advice from doing so many weddings. I couldn't be happier with our choice to work with him!

Sent on 08/25/2014

Sharon · Married on 08/03/2014

We found booking the event to be an easy process. Curtis took plenty of time to talk with us and answered ever question known to man and woman. We were very satisfied and confident after our conversation.

The DJ, Jeanie Clements, was a charm. She did everything we wanted and more. She was always in control of the event. We especially appreciated Jeanie's flexibility when guests asked for special requests. She was prepared and we only had compliments about the music we had chosen. We had a mixture of young and old and everyone was on the dance floor at all times.

I have already recommended them to other people for reunions and parties. My guests asked for their information, so I would say they were a success. We certainly enjoyed it and everyone else did too.

They are priced right. CKE is a full entertainment service. They have it all in one package it you want it. They are the real deal.

Sent on 09/05/2014

EVERYTHING was awesome! John was outstanding as was the whole night! So many compliments and much of that is due to NCC and of course the lighting & services you provided. We will be sure to complete all requests for reviews upon our return next week. We've already had inquiries about who we used for DJ, photo booth & lighting! Rest assured we gave them your name with the highest satisfaction & glowing reports! Thanks again for making the evening so special and a hit with our guests! Sincerely, Pete & Linda

Sent on 09/29/2014

Curtis and Anna were simply the best. We had a number of last minute changes and they adapted to the alterations without missing a beat. I truly appreciated their advice and suggestions. They were sensitive to the preferences of the bride and groom and the styles of both families. They enhanced the joy of the day.

Thank you Curtis and Anna for all your help and suggestions!

Sent on 07/09/2014

Choosing Curtis and Anna to be apart of our wedding was the best decision we have ever made!! They both made our special day one we will NEVER forget. My family can not stop talking about how amazing they were. Curtis was our JP and made our ceremony so much fun. He added a slight bit of humor to lighten the mood when everyone was crying. He added a couple different touches to the ceremony that really made it unique. During the reception he was right out on the dance floor partying with the rest of us!! He captured some of the most incredible photos that our own photographer wasn't there to capture. I cant stress enough how incredible Curtis and Anna are! I would absolutely recommend Curtis and Anna for any special event you have..i promise you will not be disappointed!!!

Sent on 07/12/2014

Amanda · Married on 06/27/2014

Rachael was a wonderful photographer, and Curtis and Anna created an incredibly fun atmosphere at the wedding!!!! Would highly recommend to anyone who wants a great paced wedding to remember :-)

Sent on 06/28/2014

Chris · Married on 06/27/2014

We booked DJ Mark Cherone from Curtis Knight Entertainment after reading all of the really good reviews on yelp and the knot. We knew Mark was the one after our first meeting. He was very helpful getting all the basics set up and let us fill in all the details on their online planner as we had time. He was never once pushy about getting things done right away. We had a few last minute changes (as in the night before) to the bridal party introduction order and reception order that he took care of with ease. When it came to the reception, he was super organized, very professional and accommodated all of our requests. He started off by organizing the entire bridal party for introductions and made sure he was saying everyone's names correctly. He had everyone pumped up for intros and had the dance floor rockin' all night long. Throughout the night he came to us a few times asking us to let him know when we were ready to do things such as cut the cake etc but was never pushy and let us do everything at our own pace. He took all of our music requests immediately and literally had everyone on the dance floor all night. We could not be any happier with Mark. We would give him 10 stars if we could. He truly made it a special evening for us and our guests. We highly recommend DJ Mark from CKE for any event!

Sent on 07/01/2014

Ben · Married on 06/20/2014

Our experience with your office booking our event was a fun and exciting time deciding the songs and details. It was easy to communicate and work with everyone and you guys were very knowledgeable and helpful.
    Working with the cke team .. We felt blessed to have what we considered the power house team as you guys went above and beyond our expectations making it an evening to remember. Liz loved the attentiveness throughout the entire wedding and how the cke team would dance their way over to her asking if she wanted to do what's planned next or let the guests continue dancing. The simple aspect of dancing over was a fantastic way to casually make her way to Liz to check on the bride ! Liz loved how attentive CKE was and that they knew what she wanted by Liz simply giving a head nod to signal when something was time to happen ( she felt the power! Haha)
    The CKE team definitely did their best! The surprise of the voices being played at the end of the wedding that were recordings from the earlier speeches were just one of the many nice touches done during the wedding that our guests loved and can't stop talking about.
    We had no clue what the sweet Caroline song was designated for as we assumed it was just a fun song that was going to get people moving, we had numerous comments about how great it was with the sweet Caroline game and seeing Bens grandmother taking part in it giving the thumbs down to the other team!
    We are both so thankful to have had you make our wedding a fantastic celebration to remember ! Our guests honestly kept telling us how much fun they had and that it was exactly how a wedding should be! We're definitely suggesting you to others. We hope your phones always on because next celebration we will be giving CKE a call! - Ben and Liz Weiss Wedding Ceremony & Reception, Friday, June 20, 2014 Luciano's At Lake Pearl, Wrentham, MA 02093
    CKE Team Member (s): DJ Duo: Curtis and Anna !

Sent on 06/23/2014

Shari · Married on 06/20/2014

Truly a pleasure to work with!! Extremely professional and EXCELLENT at what they do!! Curtis Knight Entertainment made our wedding a very, very special day. They personalized the wedding experience and we consider ourselves extremely lucky to have had them at our special day!! A++++++++++++

Sent on 07/08/2014

Melanie · Married on 06/07/2014

Thanks to DJ Mark Cherone, the ceremony had a touch of music, the wedding party was ready to go for introductions, special dances and speeches were on point and the party lasted until the very last few minutes of the day! Several of our guests raved about how great the mix of music was and how his feel for the crowd was so well done. Our experience with Curtis Knight Entertainment was phenomenal and I would not hesitate to recommend their services!

Sent on 06/20/2014

Lisa · Married on 06/01/2014

Working with the office was excellent. You guys did super-can't wait to see the pictures! Thank you!

Sent on 06/03/2014