Curtain Up Events, Inc. Reviews

38 | New York, NY

38 Reviews for Curtain Up Events, Inc.

diane · Married on 01/07/2017

We worked with Curtain Up Events for our daughter's bat mitzvah. Most of all - they were ALWAYS available to us, always positive, and always able to work out any requests we had. Would definitely recommend Curtain Up Events! Great team to work with! - diane

Sent on 02/28/2017

Kathryn · Married on 09/17/2016

We selected the full service package and have highly recommended it to our friends and family that are looking for a planner. While this was a more expensive option, throughout the process we thought about how lucky we were to have Danielle’s support and expertise for more than just the month of or specific projects. We met with a few other planners and Danielle stood out because of her excitement in ensuring our event was perfect and the time she took to really understand us as a couple and the feelings we wanted our wedding to evoke.

Danielle is exactly the type of person you need by your side throughout the planning and for your special day. We had a longer than average engagement (almost 2.5+ years) and she was just a phone call or email away when we needed her to ensure everything went smoothly. This is undoubtedly a stressful time but Danielle’s organizational skills and calming demeanor helped make the process much more manageable. One of the most helpful things she assisted with was developed a detailed calendar leading up to the wedding with what to plan / book / and finalize so we had a clear timeline to work toward.

Danielle’s great relationships with the best vendors saved significant time vs sifting through options or recommendations from other people. Everyone has their “go to” band, photographer, videographer, etc, but Danielle took the time to get to know our preferences to ensure we picked the right vendor for us.

Although our contract expired, we recently had an issue with our venue and we knew we could trust her to resolve the issue. Through our engagement, we built a great relationship with Danielle and now find it weird not having almost daily conversations with her! We hope others continue to use Curtain Up Events for a smooth planning process and to ensure you can enjoy your wedding knowing that Danielle and Maddie have everything under control.

Sent on 05/23/2017

Esther · Married on 09/04/2016

Danielle and her team were HEAVEN sent and true life savers on our big day and the entire month leading up!! Hiring CUE was probably the best/easiest decision that my husband and I made throughout this entire wedding process. They made everything 10x easier, were awesome to be around and extremely attentive to all details. Anything that my family or myself needed magically appeared throughout the whole day. Danielle and CUE team we can't thank you guys enough, the whole day was absolutely flawless and perfect!! PS we miss hanging out with you!!

Sent on 04/07/2017

Danette · Married on 08/27/2016

Whenever anyone asks me about wedding advice, the first thing I suggest is hiring a wedding planner/day-of coordinator and reference Danielle. I have had friends who did not do this, and they deeply regretted it!

From start to finish, Danielle makes planning a wedding SO much less stressful! We had a ~200 wedding in Manhattan, so the logistics were endless. Before Danielle came into the picture, everyone involved with the wedding planning was extremely overwhelmed. In steps Danielle - She was well-organized, positive and peppy, asked very thoughtful, detailed questions catered to our wedding/venue, thought of action points we hadn't, etc. I should also note, not only are they top-notch professionals, they are genuinely nice, good people.

I cannot speak more highly of Danielle, and all of her employees (specifically Maddie) - they were ALWAYS willing to show up to a last minute appointment, jump on a call, show up to a vendor who wasn't answering emails (seriously, this happens!) and go over and beyond for us. And the day of, they worked with all of our venders, all of which had very different styles and personalities, seamlessly.

If there is one thing you should do, absolutely use Curtain Up Events for your special day! Thank you, Danielle & Team!

Sent on 02/23/2017

Rita · Married on 05/29/2016

Having Danielle as your wedding planner is like having your professional best friend by your side- meetings are over wine, and she navigates through really tough situations with only your best interests in mind. Danielle came on as a month-of planner for our 400 person wedding at Gotham Hall. She came highly recommended by our florist and venue, who had both worked with her numerous times.

Even before the month of our wedding, she came to any meetings we had already planned to better enable her to tie together the loose ends for our wedding day, which is arguably the hardest part. Our biggest challenge was compromising between a traditional seated dinner and a large buffet, and Danielle came up with multiple options that encompassed everything all involved parties wanted, leaving everyone satisfied and our guests in awe.

She had great suggestions for vendors for choreography, cigars, and anything else we came up with last minute, and took care of everything on our behalf (as we requested), effectively leaving us out of the minutia so that we could focus on other parts of the wedding. She reminded us of things we wouldn't even know we were missing.

On our wedding day, she kept things flowing appropriately so that we stuck to the timeline, and made sure everything was just as we had envisioned. Her team at Curtain Up Events is professional and efficient, and her fees are completely reasonable given what she takes on.

Choosing Danielle as your planner is a no brainer. We wouldn't have been able to do it without her!

Sent on 07/29/2016

Anne · Married on 10/09/2015

Curtain Up Events saved my wedding. I'm so grateful we went with Danielle and Curtain Up because what I found in planning a wedding, and hiring vendors, is that it's hard to determine what is industry standard, and where people might be taking advantage of us. Having someone with Danielle's experience and knowledge was paramount. Also, inherently, things do not go exactly as planned. When there are little hiccups or in our case huge ones, its vital to have an outside professional speaking on your behalf to negotiate. Curtain Up more than exceeded our expectations. Danielle was professional, creative, passionate, effective, and a joy to work with. She helped me feel safe in making decisions, and when things went wrong with our venue, and florist she was able to help us stay calm and arrive at a resolution that exceeded my hopes. It is entirely due to Curtain Up that our wedding was a success and on the day of...I only had to focus on the most important detail...enjoying my wedding and relishing each moment with my new husband!

Sent on 06/13/2016

Danielle Bobish and her team are absolutely incredible! She helped us to execute our wedding which was an absolute dream. From the moment we started working together, Danielle was professional, warm, kind, knowledgable, and so helpful! She gave great recommendations for vendors and took all of the stress out of planning and especially the stresses the last month before the wedding. The day of our wedding she came prepared for everything and was available to help anywhere we needed her. Our wedding day was so smooth and perfect thanks to Danielle and her team. I highly recommend! I feel so lucky we found Danielle and were able to work with her.

Sent on 10/11/2015

Valene · Married on 04/25/2015

I absolutely LOVED LOVED LOVED working with Danielle and Joe for my wedding, just the other weekend. They are true professionals, but very personable at the same time, and the vendors that they bring to the table are amazing too. There was not one issue or problem that they did not handle with ease (read: If there was an issue I had no idea). As a bride they helped keep me calm and cool. Danielle had everything on hand that I could possibly need in case something went wrong with my dress (this is important - not all wedding planners do!). My now husband who is a corporate event planner worked very closely with them to bring our vision to reality was incredibly impressed by them. I wish I had another event so that we could use them again. I promise, you can not go wrong with Danielle and Joe.

Sent on 05/04/2015

Meagan · Married on 10/19/2014

Where do I begin to tell you all of the wonderful things about Danielle Bobish and her amazing staff at Curtain Up Events? I do not know what I would have done without her! She helped make my wedding absolutely perfect and I know it would've not been as perfect without her. Danielle and her staff are organized and so kind! Hiring Curtain Up Events was one of the best decisions that we made for my wedding. We only hired Danielle for the last month but if I could do it over again I would have hired her from the get go. She made everything less stressful and was always attentive to my every need/want. I did not want for one thing on my wedding day because her and her staff were always there! Not only was Danielle the best wedding planner I could've hoped for but also a great friend! She constantly reminded me to call her if I needed to vent or was stressed out! She even drove me and my husband back to the hotel after the wedding! Danielle is simply amazing and I would highly recommend her to anyone who is looking for a wedding planner. I do not have one complaint about her and the CUE staff. Joe, the associate planner, is just as great! I am forever grateful to them for making my wedding the one i've always dreamed of!

Sent on 10/21/2014

Lana · Married on 10/19/2014

We could have not pulled off the perfect wedding without Danielle and Joe! We were so relaxed on the wedding day knowing we had them taking care of things anything u needed or asked for she took care of ! Not just for the bride or me, mother of the bride, but the bridesmaids too!!!! She was wonderful and I highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/22/2014

Danielle and her crew are a bunch of pretty amazing people. They will go above and beyond to make every single person feel great about the day. It didn't feel like they were hired to do a job, it really felt like they were friends helping to create the wonderful day my aunt had been dreaming of. Even myself just being in the wedding party could see it was definitely more than just a job to them. And Danielle is always on top of things, she never once let the ball drop, I don't think I saw her stop moving haha. By the end of the night forget wedding planners, they were family!

Sent on 10/26/2014

Naomi · Married on 07/26/2014

I cannot say enough good things about Danielle Bobbish from Curtain Up Events and highly recommend her to anyone who is getting married or planning an event. We needed help with coordination as we live in San Francisco but were planning a big wedding in NYC at Gotham Hall in 7 months. We had a very clear vision of certain things that we wanted for our wedding, and could do a lot of the heavy lifting in coordination from a far, but needed someone to help with final execution the month of and also to provide guidance and suggestions for ideas we had. Danielle came recommended as someone who was a “pleasure to work with” which is what made me contact her first, out of a list of 5. After contacting her, I knew I did not need to contact anyone else. As a lawyer, I am extremely detail oriented and a bit of a “type A”, and my goal was to find someone who was also detail-oriented, well-organized and most important, someone who I “clicked” with. We found all of that and so much more in Danielle. She took the time to understand all the details that we had planned and what we had envisioned, and made it a reality on the day of. Her service was outstanding and well worth the price. Danielle and her team were indispensable on our wedding day and made sure that everything ran absolutely smoothly. What sets Danielle apart is that not only is she extremely professional and an expert at what she does, but she is a true pleasure to be around. She had a backup plan or solution for whatever issues cropped up during the planning process and also on the big day. That's the kind of "wedding guru" you need on your big day! Our goal was to relax and truly enjoy our wedding day and Danielle and her team made that happen. I highly recommend Danielle to anyone who needs an event coordinator. She will ensure a well-scheduled, snag-free event, but most important, will do so with warmth, genuinity, and grace. I couldn’t recommend her more!

Sent on 09/14/2014

Michelle · Married on 06/21/2014

The decision to work with Danielle from Curtain Up Events was the best choice we made in planning our wedding. From the start she was so lovely to be around. She was always responsive and thoughtful. Her help with vendor selection alone made the process so much easier and the wedding such a success. The people she recommended were first rate. Because she was so thorough and organized, we were able to relax and enjoy our wedding day. She has a professional, yet sweet way about her that put everyone at ease. I'm still hearing stories from guests who she helped out throughout the evening. We have received so many compliments on the event and I truly credit that to her help. I would absolutely recommend Danielle for any event!

Sent on 09/02/2014

Lauren · Married on 06/06/2014

Words cannot express the gratitude I feel for Danielle Bobish and her staff at Curtain Up Events. She provided nonstop support, love, hugs, phone calls, texts and a beautiful wedding and reception all in nine months! Tell me, who else can do that! She was my angel, my best friend, and my wedding party and family adored her. She makes you laugh when stress comes, and it will come, and knows your wedding vision even when you can't quite articulate it into coherent words. She reads your soul and your spirit to make an event that is uniquely yours! You'll have a friend for life and a unbelievable event that you will cherish forever. Plus, she can do the running man. That's just awesome!!

Sent on 10/29/2014

It is fair to say that one of the absolute best decisions we made during our wedding-planning process was to work with Danielle Bobish of Curtain Up Events for “Month-of” Coordination.

Prior to meeting Danielle, we had very little local help and were not sure how we were going to pull off all the wedding planning and coordination (especially with busy jobs!) Danielle and her team completely turned around the entire experience for us, and everything literally fell into place.

They made it fun, pleasant and so easy.... Always with a friendly smile, caring manner, very prompt email and phone replies, excellent ideas, tons of energy and a wonderfully positive outlook! My husband and I felt calm and absolutely certain the wedding would be a great event, thanks to the invaluable help and support provided by Danielle and her fantastic team.

Danielle and Megan were not only key to the planning process. They also ensured that the wedding day itself would go extremely smoothly – and it did from start to finish. From the early morning hours, Danielle and Megan were right there with us, coordinating the vendors, making sure everything went smoothly, helping the photographer secure certain shots, fully liaising with the reception venue for all day-of detail, etc., etc. We were able to relax and have fun at the wedding!

We would not have done anything differently, and cannot recommend Danielle Bobish enough. Thank you, Danielle and Curtain Up Events, for helping us make this a wonderful day we will never forget.

Sent on 05/12/2014

Vicky · Married on 12/30/2013

Best of the best. I am a bride who lives in Miami. I traveled to NYC chasing a wedding dream. My husband and I looked forward to the day that we would exchange vows in my favorite place in the entire world. I planned this wedding for 3 years and CUE made it happen. Danielle and the girls made my day so memorable. She makes you part of her family. I have created such a good relationship with the CUE family. They are an incredible group with your idea and dream at heart. Loved my time with them.

Sent on 02/12/2014

I cannot say enough about Danielle, and the staff from CUE. My wedding happened at the end of August in NYC and we were having around 300 people at the boathouse in central park. Danielle helped us select some of the best wedding vendors in the city to put on the most elegant and perfect wedding night. We had around 20 months to plan our wedding, and right from the start the CUE team helped us stay on track and make sure we checked all the things off of our "to-do" list making sure that when it came to the month before the wedding we were just about all ready to go. On the day of the wedding, I felt like I had not a care in the world because Danielle and her team were behind the scenes making sure everything ran smoothly. The best part about working with Danielle is how knowledgable she is about the industry, and her amazing "can do" attitude. No idea is too "out there" and if you want it, she'll make sure it gets done. I can honestly say using CUE for your event is the best thing you can do! Thank you so much Danielle for helping make one of the most important days in our life so spectacular!

Sent on 12/23/2013

HILARY · Married on 06/24/2013

My mom hired Danielle as a "month of" planner however, from the moment Danielle came into our lives she began helping ease our stress levels with her fabulous ideas, list of vendors and calm ways. Danielle was open to helping us even before the month began at responding to emails from my mother and myself with endless questions that we both had, answered our phone calls galore and also always had great ideas for things like night before venue's, bridesmaid gifts and made sure I even tasted the food at my own wedding! This woman doesn't miss anything and she does it all with a smile! On the day of the wedding, Danielle took care of every last detail, including many I am sure I don't even know about! My wedding was absolutely perfect and her hard work played a big role in that! Thank you, thank you, thank you, Danielle!

Sent on 09/09/2013

Erica · Married on 12/22/2012

Danielle was an angel sent to me from above. That's the best way to define our working relationship. I decided to hire a wedding planner one month before my wedding (last minute jitters) and the minute Danielle was hired she became the best thing that's happened to me (aside from my husband, of course). Everything started to fall into place, she supported my every move and did what she did best and with a HUGE smile on her face. Handing the most important day of my life over to someone I barely knew was a big decision yes one of the best moves I made throughout the whole wedding planning process. To this day when I hear Danielle's voice (yes, we keep in touch, that's how important she became to me), my heart fills with warmth and it brings me right back to my wedding, the best day of my life, all thanks to Danielle!

Sent on 06/27/2013

Danielle was the "day of" wedding planner at my daughter's wedding in Manhattan this past October. Before then, we met several times to discuss the plans for the wedding and several times at the hotel as we got closer to the event. She was always the most professional, knowledgeable and acted as a go-between for the hotel staff, floral designer, other vendors and us. Everyone felt the wedding was an incredible success and I know that we couldn't have done this without Danielle's help. Without hesitation, we would recommend Danielle for any and all of her services.

Sent on 01/11/2013

Tiffany · Married on 06/02/2012

After trying for 18 grueling months to plan my wedding on my own, and not getting anywhere, I contacted Curtain Up Events. It was 2 months before the big day. I didn't have a venue or a dress… much less music, food, flowers, officiate, etc. Danielle pulled everything together in less than a month! She found a venue, catering, music, and even put me in contact with a designer to design what I would walk down the aisle in. I could finally relax, and enjoy being the "bride to be"… And then 3 days before my wedding, the bottom fell out!…
    Our venue called to inform us that they had a water main break and that I wouldn't be able to have my wedding there. I was ready to cancel the wedding altogether. But Danielle went into overdrive! She found an even better venue, and orchestrated the whole move with such ease, and proficiency. My wedding turned out even better than I could have ever imagined! We will definitely use her again, for any event that we have...

Sent on 08/07/2012

Allison · Married on 05/19/2012

Words cannot express how fortunate we were to have worked with Danielle in planning our wedding. She was recommended by our venue, and being that it was a somewhat blank space, I felt it would be best to go with someone who was familiar with the room, staff, etc. Best decision of my life. If there were such a thing as "love at first sight" for your wedding planner, that would be how everyone involved in my wedding would describe Danielle, from my parents to the bridal party to the vendors, etc. She has an amazing way of connecting with you and anticipating your desires and needs in a way that is the perfect balance between best friend and wedding professional. Aside from designing the exact wedding I had dreamt of since my childhood, she gave the best recommendations on all aspects of the wedding and was so helpful with everything, especially during those crucial last few days. I always felt relaxed and at ease knowing that I had her to depend on. She even chalked and baby powdered my bust after I was fondled by a ring bearer with tomato sauce hands during the reception. See, she truly cares and will go above and beyond for you! I would highly recommend Danielle and her staff as she could not have been more of a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 06/21/2012

Ed · Married on 01/29/2012

We were referred to Danielle Bobish of CUE by a friend, and she made our special day possible.

Danielle at CUE (Curtain Up Events) was great from the very first meeting about budget and vision to the day of the event as our coordinator. She was: easy to work with, professional, straightforward, diligent, well-connected, congenial, and just plain fun. She worked very hard for us, getting us what we wanted and even helping decide what we wanted.

My spouse and I would highly recommend Danielle for any event you are trying to get off the ground, especially a wedding. She worked well with everyone, even paying special attention to the parents.

Sent on 08/01/2012

courtney · Married on 08/27/2011

I thought that Danielle held the perfect balance of professionalism yet at the same time was extremely personable, not only with her clients but with the vendors you work with as well. I had our band tell us they have never worked with anyone that was so great at understanding the level of a vendor's ability and giving them the flexibility they needed but at the same time making sure they were meeting the needs of the bride and groom. While she is flexibile where need be she is also great with contracts and will make sure you don't get locked into anything you wouldn't want to.
    Even my bridesmaids got along with her famously because she participated in the planning of my bachelorette and bridal shower in a way that offered great ideas but let the girls do what they needed to do. Most of my friends loved her and asked if they could use her for their weddings. She can be with you for the entire engagment process or just be a coordinator on that day, she will work with whatever you need her for. I would highly recommend her.

Sent on 09/13/2011

Stacey · Married on 06/18/2011

Hiring Danielle and her team for our wedding was one of the best decisions we made! CUE was not only extremely professional, but they anticipated every one of our needs. Danielle was truly a pleasure to work with and we cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 10/29/2011