Current Affair Music Reviews

68 | Howard Beach, NY

68 Reviews for Current Affair Music

Katie · Married on 10/26/2013

I do not even know where to begin with the AMAZINGLY GOOD things I want to say about this band. We hired Current Affair based solely on a recommendation by selective list provided by our reception venue. We listened to their music on their website, I emailed John (the first of many friendly, responsive emails), and that was it. Done. Hiring Current Affair was by far one of the BEST decisions we made for our wedding day. I am not lying when I tell you I have seen facebook comments saying "We heard your band downstairs (there was another wedding at our venue on the same night) and we came upstairs just o hear them!" John Napolitano is the essence of class, and did everything my fiance and I asked. I remember saying to John that all we wanted was for our guests to dance the night away. Let me tell you...he did not disapoint. Our guests danced the night away and are still asking about "the band at your wedding!" There are several reasons I would love to replay our wedding day, but one of the top reasons is so that I can hear John and this band play again. They are that good. If you are getting married, I PROMISE you that choosing Current Affair will be one of the BEST decisions of your life.

Sent on 11/11/2013

Vanessa · Married on 10/05/2013

If Current Affair Music is available on your date....BOOK THEM!!! They were absolutely incredible at my wedding. Their level of musicianship across every instrument, the depth of variety of music genres and their flexibility in delivering exactly what we were asking for, gave a profoundly satisfying and delicious experience. I cannot highlight enough how impressive this group was. My guests still compliment me to this day on my choice of band and how they simply amazed.

Music is so important to my life. I am a musician, my husband is a musician--we met in a band, and many of my band members were present for wedding, plus we were married in a preeminent music venue in Philadelphia. Needless to say, the band had to be incredible!!!! Believe me when I say they met our every expectation. They skillfully followed the pace of the wedding, able to excite and enliven the crowd and moments later slip into a beautiful ballad inspiring the crowd to hold up table candles during dinner and sway to the music. One of the female singers gave a beautiful interpretation of an Adele song that brought tears to many (and I still hear compliments about her!!). And the dancing!! My guests were enjoying themselves so much, they had to be corralled to sit down for the different courses of dinner--so memorable! And all was accomplished without the cheesiness that sometimes accompanies these events and groups and with an expertise and professionalism that was truly remarkable.

I will be forever grateful to this group for the most incredible experience. Thank you Current Affair Music for creating the soundtrack and the ambiance that made my wedding so beautiful and memorable!

Sent on 04/08/2016

Current Affair Music's reply:

Wow Vanessa I am humbled. God bless you, always... And thank you
    From the bottom of my heart
    John

Lauren · Married on 09/21/2013

After seeing A Current Affair play in 2007, I knew immediately that when the time came I would want them at my wedding. With such a strong first impression, I had very high expectations for A Current Affair and John and the band did not disappoint! They personalized our ceremony music by using classic string instruments to play our favorite modern songs. The jazz trio at the cocktail hour created a sophisticated atmosphere and most importantly the 12-piece band at the reception rocked the house!! Our wedding was an incredible, non-stop party, and months later our guests still can't stop talking about our amazing band. Throughout the entire evening the musical entertainment was of the highest caliber in sound, performance quality, and repertoire. Simply put--they are the best!

Sent on 11/28/2013

Laura · Married on 12/15/2012

Unbelievable band. They rehearsed and played our wedding song with only a few days notice! To this day, I can't stop hearing how amazing they were! I have seen them play at events and having them be part of the day was great. I highly recommend that you snatch them for your wedding and/or event!

Sent on 10/01/2013
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 10/06/2012

This people are ridiculously talented! If you want a high quality band for your wedding, then you have to get these guys. They will learn anything you want and stick to the genres and playlist you want. I had the 9 piece band for my wedding and it sounded awesome. Every one of my guests could not stop raving about them. They have an amazing variety of genres and songs to play, so no one will be left disappointed. Would book them again in a second. Worth every cent!!!!

Sent on 11/06/2012

Absolutely awesome band! Reasonably priced too!

Sent on 09/08/2013
  • Bianca

Bianca · Married on 03/18/2012

Amazing band! Top notch... And Jon the bandleader goes the extra mile

Sent on 04/18/2012
  • User2060540 · 2+ years ago

Current Affair was amazing. My sister had heard them at a wedding and said they were terrific - and she was right! They really helped make the celebration so much fun - the dance floor was packed the entire night and my guests were raving about the band. I highly highly recommend them!!

Sent on 08/02/2012

Katherine · Married on 11/19/2011

Amazing band, absurdly talented!! Played all night long, a tremendous variety. We danced the night away! There wasn't a person at the wedding that didn't love the band. John, the bandleader and his bandmates are incredible!!
    Thank you so much Current Affair!! You really made our night!!
    HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!

Sent on 11/28/2011

Breanne · Married on 07/21/2006

It was the best band I have ever heard! People are still talking about them!!!

Sent on 08/26/2008

MElanie · Married on 07/09/2016

Planning a wedding can be a long and difficult series of decisions, but picking your band should not be one of them. Current Affair performed at our wedding and delivered everything you could want from a band and more.

From our first meeting with John Napolitano we knew we were in exceptional hands and instantly felt that he cared deeply about not only the success of our wedding but our happiness and comfort with each decision. From picking music for the ceremony, the cocktail hour, and of course the reception, he helped steer us in the right direction and was always very responsive and accommodating. He knew exactly what to do to make sure that his band delivered a performance that was perfectly tailored for our wedding. From the talented ensemble, to the broad range of musical styles, to specifically requested songs - Current Affair hit every note!

John truly has an amazing eye for talent and assembled a roster of musicians that was able to perform an incredible mix of songs that kept guests of all ages and generations on the dance floor until 1am! Guests were blown away by the range and quality of the performance and we are still hearing rave reviews about Current Affair. Their energy, talent, and how seamlessly they fed off of the crowd and always knew exactly what to play next really set them apart from other bands we have seen. Current Affair did not just perform at our wedding they were truly part of our wedding and we cannot thank John and Current Affair enough!

Sent on 09/01/2016

Lindsay · Married on 09/25/2010

WOW. I can't say enough great stuff about this band. They were AMAZING every step of the way! I found them randomly at an expo, when I walked in two minutes after they'd stopped playing. I was so bummed I'd missed them, but I got chatting with them and they were all SO nice. I booked an appointment to meet with John and discuss their repertoire and hear some samples. He emailed me a bunch of samples, and nearly everybody I played them for said, "Why is he sending you the original songs?" Nope--that was Current Affair covering a bunch of different styles--and for each song, they truly sounded like the original artist. When my parents and I met with John, he was so nice and friendly, and I knew he'd be great to work with. He didn't disappoint. He was so accommodating, making sure the band learned every song we requested if they didn't know it already. The day of our wedding, they got RAVES--everybody loved them. The dance floor was packed the entire night, dancing to a range of genres that kept everybody wanting to move. I'm still getting compliments on my band to this day! Their price is comparable to other bands I spoke with (who frankly weren't as good, in my opinion). I recommend them most highly! You WILL NOT be disappointed!

Sent on 10/12/2010

Dawn · Married on 06/22/2012

The Current Affair Band is EXCELLENT!!! My family and friends could not stop raving all night about how good they were. Everyone was up dancing all night long. Hire them if you want to have a good time.

Sent on 06/25/2012

Alana · Married on 11/06/2015

I have volunteered at charity events that Current Affair has played at for the last 8 years and they have always been AMAZING! This is how I came across them initially - and I knew from the moment I was engaged that I wanted them as the band at my wedding. They are extremely wonderful and easy to work with, they are an amazing band - fantastic vocals and instrumentals!!! I was so confident in using them as my wedding band, that the only requests I gave to them were the Father/Daughter, Mother/Son dances and of course our wedding song - which they weren't familiar with but they learned and rocked it!!! I highly recommend Current Affair across the board! I have received over 100 compliments on our band - everyone had the time of their lives and a lot of it was due to the amazing music all night!

Sent on 12/02/2015

britt · Married on 09/26/2014

As a newlywed with our wedding about a month ago, I can not say enough amazing things about Current Affair as our band for the big day! With my dad and many in attendance that are currently musicians, we really did not want a "typical" boring, chicken dance playing wedding band for our reception. Current Affair was anything but.

Our music tastes are anything but ordinary, and we send Current Affair a song suggestion list (in addition to their song list) that was at least two pages long. Current Affair accommodated so many of our songs... we were awesomely surprised! From Zeppelin to Lady Gaga and everything in between, we loved every song they played... And so did our guests! With guests in their 80's to college age kids, people were on the dance floor for every song. From oldies to top 40, the song flow was perfect and they learned so much for us! All of our guests said it was the best music they have heard at a wedding and asked for the Current Affairs info.

As past bride who strives for perfection, Current Affair was the icing on our cake! I can not praise this band enough... they are flexible, friendly and truly talented. Oh, and they traveled about 4 hours from their hometown to play our reception. Thank you Current Affair for making our day perfect! I would hire them for a big event anytime!

Sent on 10/21/2014

Mary · Married on 08/02/2014

I had been to two weddings where Current Affair played and knew I wanted them to play at my wedding. They are a talented & fun band that can play music from all genres really well. Having good music was really important to my husband and I to keep the energy going. We definitely made the right choice because the dance floor was packed the whole night. We heard many comments after the wedding about how incredible the band was. We also really loved the acoustic guitar for our ceremony - beautiful and classy. The only negative was that the response time to calls and emails was not very quick. Ultimately, everything worked out well.

Sent on 12/27/2014

mark · Married on 06/17/2017

I may have taken for granted how good they were. We went to see them perform at another event to check them out and I thought, "Sure, they sound good, they do some good covers." They played about 3-4 songs for pre- and post-ceremony that were done beautifully and the full band during the reception played a great mix and variety of music (60s, 70s, 80s) and had people dancing the whole night. When I see friends who attended the wedding, even months later, one of the first things they bring up was just how good the band was. The final song brought the house down and friends remark how they barely left the dance floor. They know exactly what they're doing.

Sent on 09/30/2017

JOhn · Married on 10/22/2016

2.4
      2.0

Fall 2016 Wedding

Customer Buyer Beware!

When contracting with Current Affair our expectations & confidence were very high based on prior experiences as a guest & a direct client (a 2nd daughter’s wedding).

This bad experience stemmed from the fact we were never informed that the band’s leader, John, would not be in attendance. Also there were 3 other musician changes – drummer, lead guitar & 2nd male lead vocalist (Elvis). We were made aware of these changes the day of the reception, as our guests were arriving. We were told that John does not play with the band as often anymore – he primarily books events & coordinates with the customer. Yes, we were blindsided -- especially since we had communication with John right up to the wedding. While it was also a disappointment John was not there to perform, the real problem was all our pre-event communications (run of show, song selections, entrance details) had been with John. The other band members were not adequately prepped on essential details. As a result, the Father of the Bride needed to spend time briefing John’s replacement as guests arrived & periodically during the evening.

Due to this inadequate preparedness, the “run of show” did not go as planned; including, bridal party introductions were not announced correctly, there was an uncomfortable delay in queuing up bride & groom’s 1st dance & the last four songs of the evening we not performed as planned. I am confident this would not have happened if John was onsite. And if we had known this prior, we would have had the necessary time to coordinate with his replacement.

It goes without saying that this band is extremely talented but customer service & communication are just as important in ensuring a smooth & successful event, one that is so important to a bride & their family who puts so much time & effort into planning this once in a lifetime event.

Sincerely – The Bride & Father & Mother of the Bride