Current Affair Music Reviews

68 | Howard Beach, NY

68 Reviews for Current Affair Music

Amanda · Married on 09/09/2017

Current Affair performed at my wedding in September 2017. They are INCREDIBLE. I hired them having only seen their videos online. They are one million times better in person. My guest age range was 10-87 years old and every single person spent the majority of the night on the dance floor. Dinner was late because no one wanted to stop dancing! My guests have not stopped talking about how fantastic our band was and I couldn't agree more. John, the manager, is extremely kind, responsive, and patient, and the band members themselves could not have been more lovely. Each of them added wonderful and positive energy to the evening. Last but not least: my wedding was on a small island, so they had to travel by boat, with their gear, to and from the event. No one even complained. I am not much of an online reviewer but Current Affair deserves this praise and more. I cannot wait to hire them again, and neither can several of my guests!

Sent on 09/28/2017

Tracie · Married on 07/24/2017

Current Affair is an outstanding band. They will make any event magical. John was easy to work with and listens to your requests. Will recommend to anyone who wants an event to remember .

Sent on 07/24/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 06/10/2017

The band was phenomenal. We are trying to recuperate from a great party and people are constantly calling to say the music was great. John put together amazingly talented people. Many of our guests were musicians and had a true appreciation for the diverse talents of each individual member of the band. The dance floor was packed with all ages, and when eating, guests told us it was as though they were at an intimate concert. Even our guests who had to drive back to Montauk that night and had to get up early, stayed until the last minute (midnight) to enjoy the music. With many thanks,
    The Catelli family and fans!

Sent on 06/13/2017

Kerry · Married on 04/29/2017

Amazing!

From the moment we met with John (Band leader), he could not have been more accommodating and honest! He delivered what was promised and more—beyond my expectations! The musicians and singers were incredible and everyone was dancing from start to finish. My guests cannot stop talking about how amazing the band was and all want to know where I found them. I would without a doubt recommend Current Affair knowing with complete confidence that they will deliver as promised and make your wedding the party you want it to be.

Sent on 10/29/2019

Michaela · Married on 03/11/2017

Current Affair performed at our black tie gala at the American Museum of Natural History, and they had all 600 guests up and dancing the entire night! I would recommend this band for any event, big or small they know how to bring energy to the room and leave your guests with a memorable and fun night!

Sent on 03/24/2017

John · Married on 11/12/2016

John and Current Affair truly made our wedding spectacular. The dance floor was full from the moment we entered the ballroom until the lights were turned on at the end of a perfect night. In addition to being attentive, response and easy to deal with, he made the whole process stress free. Current Affair learned all of the songs we specially requested and played them exactly when the crowd wanted them. We asked John to use his judgement with the playlist once he felt the room out and he absolutely nailed it. John came out on the floor and got the crowd jumping to Shout and even played along with my cousin's as they sang two songs. We did a ton of research looking into bands and couldn't be happier with the decision and price point. We added brass to the main group and highly recommend it. The band truly makes the difference between a good wedding and a great wedding. Dozens of people, including many professional musicians complimented us on the band and the high quality of sound and play. In fact, John ran out of business cards at the wedding he was so popular. The three engaged couples at our wedding have already reached out to John for their wedding. Call him soon as you don't want to miss out on Current Affair and I know they book up very early.

Thanks John for an awesome night. You delivered all that you promised and more.

Sent on 12/13/2016

Shareen · Married on 10/29/2016

Current Affair was the highlight of our wedding weekend! We have gotten so many compliments on the music! Our dance floor was packed all night long and every song the played sounded amazing! John was so easy to work with and accommodated all of our requests! We had a blast and I know all our guests did too! Thank you guys so so much !!!

Sent on 10/31/2016

Danielle · Married on 10/14/2016

Book them... NOW! I 110% recommend this amazing, talented group to be included in your wedding plans. This was our absolute favorite vendor and guest favorite by far. Everyone always says that the band and the food make or break the wedding, so choosing this crew would absolutely make your night an unforgettable one! Multiple friends have already asked for their information to book them for their own weddings. They cater to your musical interests and work with your crowd of any and every age. I don't think one guest was sitting for the entire reception, which was our hope and dream come true. After the last song, the entire dance floor was screaming, "One More Song!". Weeks later, friends and family are STILL talking about our band. Thank you for making our wedding the best day of our lives! I wish I could give more than 5 stars!

Sent on 10/27/2016

Kelley · Married on 10/01/2016

Current Affair played at my wedding a few weeks ago (10/1/16), and they were awesome!! Throughout the planning process John was extremely easy, and pleasant to work with - which is always a plus when dealing with vendors. At the wedding they totally exceeded my expectations!! They played everything from current songs to classics AND sounded SO good in everything they played. People were on the dance floor the entire night, and people kept coming up to me saying that the band so awesome (which is always so nice for the bride to hear:) When I talk about the wedding with people now weeks later -- they are still bringing up how good the band was (which is still so nice for the bride to hear!!) They even performed a special request of Drop Kick Murphy's which was AMAZING!! I would 100% recommend Current Affair for a wedding band -- you will be very happy you did!!

Sent on 10/19/2016

Gail · Married on 09/17/2016

Current Affair played at my son & daughter in law's wedding and they were fabulous. We received many compliments during and after the wedding. They are all very talented professionals and the entire wedding reception was a lot of fun. I highly recommend Current Affair to anyone. In fact I have booked them for a 60th birthday party.

Sent on 04/14/2017

Mariela · Married on 08/27/2016

Current Affair far exceeded our expectations! From their unwavering commitment to satisfy our wishes to collaborating with other entertainers including singer and DJ they were AWESOME. They played all the current contemporary songs which was important to us considering our crowd was predominantly in their 30's. Their pricing was more than competitive to the other bands we priced out. THIS BAND IS THE WAY TO GO!!

Sent on 08/31/2016

Pattie · Married on 08/05/2016

Current Affairs were easy to work with from the beginning. They responded quickly. They were extremely flexible and accommodating. The singer/guitarist at the ceremony was amazing. He joined my brother-in-law for beautiful music together. The procession music for the bridesmaids was dramatic and absolutely beautiful.
    At the reception, the band never stopped. Great music continued throughout the reception and everyone danced. Friends that never ever get out of their chair were on the dancefloor. More than one man said the band must be good for me to dance. Friends went to another wedding the following night and called to say nothing could compare to our band. People are still raving about the band.

Sent on 08/12/2016

Christina · Married on 07/23/2016

Current Affair is amazing! So many of our guests commented throughout and after the wedding about how awesome the band was!! They played exactly the type of music we requested (without needing much direction at all) and the dance floor was packed the entire time. The sound quality was perfect. Several people mentioned that the songs were so spot on that they could not believe a real band was playing it, in a good way! Maurice nailed our wedding song, which had a really unique sound. They have a lot of diversity within their singers and are as good at the new hits as they are at the golden oldies. In addition, John was so helpful throughout the entire planning process and made it as easy as possible! Don't hesitate in booking Current Affair!! Choosing them was one of, if not our best, wedding planning decision!

Sent on 09/16/2016

Lindsay · Married on 04/16/2016

We are SO happy that we chose Current Affair to be our band for our Wedding. Right from the start, John was so approachable leading up to our Wedding day, and we knew that we could trust him and the rest of the band to help make our night perfect. The talent and music truly went beyond our expectations. The dance floor was packed the entire night with our guests of all ages. We had so much fun dancing the night away to their amazing music! It is now a few weeks later, and all of ours guests are still talking about how amazing the band was! Thank your Current Affair!!!

Sent on 05/10/2016

We recently had Current Affair perform at our wedding. I really wish that I had another party to throw just so I could hire Current Affair again. I cannot put into words how absolutely AMAZING they were! First off John Napolitano who heads up the band is just an absolutely great guy. He is super wonderful to work with: kind, polite, responsive and very professional. My husband and I are both entertaining clients and were very selective as we went through the wedding planning process. I thought we did a great job overall. Even so, the thing that stood out to everyone was the band. People were literally on the floor all night long. Since the wedding, I constantly have people asking where I found them and for their contact information.

This band just knows what they are doing! They asked for songs and some guidance from us initially. They played our songs flawlessly but then did such an awesome job of reading the crowd to determine what would resonate. To give you a few other examples, my husband and I had a choreographed dance that included turns, lifts and lifts, We were so nervous that it wouldn't work without the original recording. They never missed a beat- it was unbelievable! During the best man speech, it was mentioned that my husband loves karaoke. John picked up on it and got him singing with the band by the end of the night. It was so perfect!

I truly cannot say enough wonderful things about these guys. Hiring them will be the best decision you make for your wedding!!!

Sent on 01/26/2016
  • User5619622 · 2+ years ago

Hiring Current Affair Music for our wedding was absolutely the BEST decision we made. John was an absolute PLEASURE to work with. He was patient, very professional, and extremely responsive. Leading up to the wedding we felt very comfortable and knew we were in great hands. At the wedding, everything they touched was absolute perfection. Not only did we hire the band for the reception but we hired strings for the ceremony as well as a jazz trio for the cocktail hour. The music throughout the wedding was awesome. They played all of our favorite songs (including lots of Billy Joel and even learning a song 2 days before the wedding that we decided we wanted to hear) but also took the lead and knew just how to get everyone on the dance floor. Our guests danced all night and raved endlessly about the band. We had the best night of our life and it was in large part to the great music played and the atmosphere created by Current Affair Music. In particular, our first dance was incredibly important to us and they totally nailed the song and allowed us to be fully immersed in the moment. We cannot say enough good things about Current Affair Music and John Napolitano. We are eagerly awaiting the next event we can hire them for! You cannot go wrong by hiring this band.

Sent on 11/16/2015

We experienced Current Affair at my cousin's wedding, and all I can remember of that night was that I didn't stop dancing. We knew when we got engaged that we needed to have them at our wedding as well, and we are beyond pleased with their performance. John is so easy to work with and quick with responses, and the band is just phenomenal. All night long all (and all day the next day) people raved about how amazing they were, and how much fun they had dancing. They were able to play a wide variety of genres and every song sounded like the original (or better!). Even the staff at our wedding told us they had never had more fun working and that they had all been dancing in the kitchen the whole night. Our wedding was an absolute blast, I could not recommend this band more, they are wonderful!

Sent on 11/09/2015

Current Affair Music's reply:

Thank you so much for this beautiful review,...who is your cousin/bride?
    John

Leslie · Married on 09/26/2015

Perfect!!!!! These guys are the most talented group of musicians you would ever find in this industry. We got married over 6 weeks ago, and all 150 guests are still complementing the band and in awe of their sound. The dance floor was PACKED All night, and they were able to meet our needs of each and every song we wanted to hear. We couldn't be happier, and can't wait to see them again at one of our friend's weddings!

Sent on 11/10/2015

John and crew are amazing. I rushed to secure them without hesitation after setting a date, as they left such am impression on my from a wedding I attended five years ago. Our reception was a blast thanks to John and his team of talented musicians. The dance floor was always packed, and their selections were on point in keeping all generations grooving. Incredibly professional and responsive, top notch talent. Thank you!

Sent on 09/09/2015

jinny · Married on 06/19/2015

I was surprised to receive so many compliments from guests about the band.
    Nothing but superlatives from everyone.
    The band makes the party and in this case it was over the top.
    Bride and groom were more than pleased and grateful.

Sent on 06/21/2015

susan · Married on 03/08/2015

They are a first rate band. When they play a song it sounds like the song and not a band trying to sound like the record. When you are dealing with many vendors as you plan a wedding you thank God for someone like John Napolitano who communicates with you whenever you need to. Everyone was up dancing through the wedding and our guests cannot stop talking about them and how fantastic they were. They really made the wedding spectacular. Not only did John and Current Affair provide the music for the reception but he made like easier for us by providing great music for the Ceremony and cocktails part as well. Everyone that was at the wedding wants to do it again just so they can hear them.

Sent on 03/18/2015

I can't say enough about this incredible band! They just performed for me a the Waldorf Astoria this past weekend and kept the party going all night. Everyone was dancing, all ages, and their range of songs is incredible. If you are looking for a fun, talented, reliable, and easy to work with band, I highly recommend them, they will make your night one to remember!

Sent on 03/03/2015

David · Married on 12/26/2014

I was referred to John and his band, Current Affair by my cousin who attended a wedding which they played. Not having heard them myself, I was a little skeptical at first, even upon our meeting with John when he assured me that they can play almost any song which is requested, I was doubtful a live band would be able to reproduce exactly and play certain songs (some EDM songs) which were in our songlist. Boy, was I ever wrong!!
    Current Affair Music is probably the best live band I have ever had the pleasure of hearing. This sentiment was expressed not only by me, but by plenty of my guests as well. My fiance and I are so glad we went with Current Affair Music over a DJ or any other band. The richness of the instruments and vocals of a live band made our reception even more special and elegant. They made our wedding even more special. His singers hit every note perfectly, at times I thought I was listening to the actual artist! I will definitely be recommending John and his band to any of my friends who are planning a wedding.

Highly recommend Current Affair Music for your wedding!

Sent on 01/08/2015

Lyndsey · Married on 11/08/2014

The entire band was amazing and they were a huge hit with the whole crowd! I cannot overstate how pleased we were with their performance and dealing with them leading up to the reception. We would very strongly recommend them to anyone looking for a talented band with a broad range of songs in their catalog.

We opted for the 9 piece ensemble for the evening and it was worth every penny for what the horns brought to the table.

Their performance of "The Prayer" was incredible, more eyes on the lead vocals than the mother/groom dance going on!

Sent on 11/16/2014

Michelle · Married on 10/04/2014

John and the band Current Affair are amazing people to work with and the best band I have ever heard!!! They rocked my wedding and people were sweating through their clothes! Non-stop dancing!!! Everyone loved them and I would HIGHLY recommend Current Affair if you want to have a kick ass wedding! I need to find a reason to book Current Affair again. Love them!!

Sent on 11/21/2014