Cuppa Photography Reviews

16 | Freeport, ME

16 Reviews for Cuppa Photography

16 Cuppa Photography Reviews

Julie · Married on 12/17/2016

Cindy was just the absolute best to work with!
    She and her husband did the photography for my December wedding and I couldn't be more thrilled with the results. All of the pictures are amazing and beyond what we had hoped for. What sets her apart from other wedding photographers is that she really takes the time to get to know couples before the wedding. This really helps to make the process seem more personal and suited to each individual couple and their needs/wants. I would definitely recommend doing engagement photos with her ahead of time. I was beneficial to work with her in advance to know what she wanted from us and what we were looking for in photos from her. It made the day of picture process flow much more smoothly.
    I couldn't recommend Cindy and Cuppa Photography any more highly. She really helped capture our special day and I am so happy with all of our photos.

sarah · Married on 06/13/2015

Cindy is THE BEST. Amazing photography aside - she is so fun and easy to work with. She has a great personality and you feel like you are hanging out with a friend - so laid back and a great overall vibe. However don't overlook her photography skills either - we were blown away by our wedding photos. We expected great things after choosing her, but she still surpassed every expectation! I would definitely recommend Cindy (as well as her husband, Justin!!) for any wedding/event/portraits you need!

• User4119808 · 2+ years ago

Cindy is an incredible artist and a joy to work with. We had a vision in mind and Cindy took the time to talk with us, get to know us, accommodate our ideas, provide expert input, and create incredible photos that we will treasure for a lifetime.

For our engagement shoot, we decided we wanted to have them taken at Acadia National Park while we were camping. Cindy trekked up to Bar Harbor, Maine to meet us for lunch, discuss ideas, and plan out the day. She was friendly and engaging and we immediately felt at ease. The day of the engagement shoot however, was terrible! When Cindy arrived, we were sick, exhausted, the weather wasn't really cooperating, and worst of all--the 'natural look' I'd asked for from hair and makeup turned me into a Austin Powers' Fembot complete with bright blue eyeshadow and a flip at the bottom of my hair. 0.o!

Despite all of this, Cindy was calm and lovely, expertly handling the weather, the location, the car sickness, the puppy, you name it! Her adventuring soul made it easy to power through and have fun, laughing at the ridiculousness of the day. Our photos at the end were breathtaking. No one else knows the details behind the day looking at our photos, just the beauty, love, and rugged landscape that captured clearly who my husband and I are and our joy at finding each other. We knew that if she could make magic out of that day, my wedding was in the best possible hands.

The wedding day was perfection. It was everything we dreamed of and having such a great rapport with Cindy already in place allowed her to capture amazing and precious nuances throughout the events. Her natural style blended perfectly with our wedding and we ended up with the most incredible photos imaginable. I love looking at them not just for the memories, but for the artistic quality that shows her amazing talent.

Beth · Married on 10/05/2013

Cindy is AMAZING! Cindy's pictures of previous weddings at our proposed venue convinced me a wedding to my taste could be had there -and landing her as our photographer was an integral part of making the day what we'd hoped it would be. She has an amazing eye, is laid back and easy to work with, has incredible energy and I LOVE how excited she gets when she finds a perfect shot -it's completely invigorating! I cannot wait to see the rest of our wedding pictures, but she did an incredible job with our engagement photos and was so much more than a photgrapher on the day of-she kept us moving, got us to our cocktail hour in time for a few bites and had the best tips ever--photog/day of coordinator by default extraordinaire!

I cannot recommend her highly enough- I'm seriously planning what we can do with Cindy next, she's just that incredible. Go with Cindy-you will be in the best hands!

Cindy is wonderful! She makes everyone feel right at home with a camera in their face. She is a joy to have around on your wedding day too. My husband and I are both horrifyingly unphotogenic but Cindy somehow managed to make us look like models in our wedding photos. I also did a boudoir session for my husband's wedding gift and she actually managed to make it fun and not horribly uncomfortable despite the fact that I was mostly naked in front of an almost complete stranger! The pictures were unreal--very classy, sexy, and beautifully edited. My husband was thrilled. She was wonderful on the day of the wedding as well and she really captured our wedding day's feel.

We had initially hired another photographer and ended up going with Cindy instead and we couldn't have been happier about that choice! She also helped me find local hair and makeup artists who were amazing!
    My husband and I will definitely be making the 2 and a half hour drive to see Cindy for all our future photo needs! She is well worth it! If you are lucky enough to have her available on your wedding day, don't lose her to someone else!

Kerri · Married on 11/10/2012

Cindy is amazing!! We would highly recommend her for anyone looking for a photographer. She was the first photographer we met with when we started planning, and when we left her house, we both immediately wanted to cancel the rest of our appointments. We knew Cindy was the perfect fit for us, not only because she was so nice and made us feel so comfortable when we had no idea what we were doing, but because it felt like we had known her forever. She is an extremely caring, easy going, and fun person and she was so incredible to work with.

Cindy was so helpful throughout the wedding planning process, not only with the photography. She designed our save the date cards, which we absolutely loved!! She also printed our beautiful invitations for us, and had great suggestions for us in any area that we were struggling with.

The day of our engagement session, and on our wedding day, Cindy's second shooter was her husband Justin. Justin is equally as kind, easy to work with, and fun! They work so well together, and took truly stunning photos. They did such a wonderful job getting both the more traditional photos, and the fun, spontaneous photos that we wanted. Everyone who interacted with them at the wedding was raving to us about what wonderful photographers we had. We can't imagine our wedding day without Cindy and Justin.

We can't wait to have another opportunity to use Cuppa Photography!!

monica · Married on 09/29/2012

Cindy Giovagnoli is absolutely amazing. From the moment my now husband and I met her, we felt at ease with her. With Cindy there is no pretense at all. There is just an energetic, caring, genuine person who wants you to have the best wedding experience possible. When you meet with her, she takes the time to get to know you as a couple. You don't start off with prices and packages shoved in front of your face, you start off with conversation. I think this is really what makes the difference and why her photographs come out as stunning as they do. It's why all the reviews on here are 5 stars. You get great photography from someone who genuinely cares about you and your wedding. To top it all off, Cindy donates a percentage of your booking fee to CancerCares. My husband and I had a charity registry as well as a gift registry, and were very happy when we learned that Cuppa Photography was dedicated to giving back as well.

I really want to stress Cindy's ability to put people at ease. I am a pretty self-conscious person, and I tend to cringe in front of the camera. 5 minutes into our engagement shoot with Cindy and it's like I forgot the camera was even there. That's pretty impressive given the size of some of lenses she uses. She just really knows how to work with people. As a result, we got amazing photos that I am proud to show off.

On the day of the wedding, Cindy's husband, Justin, came with her to work as the second photographer. He also shot the pictures for our photo booth (which I highly recommend). Justin is as equally nice, and a great photographer as well.

My family and my husband's family all felt the same ease with Cindy and Justin that my husband and I felt. Everyone at the wedding that got a chance to talk to Cindy and Justin raved about them to me. And everyone who has seen the photos told me they were blown away.

Honestly, I cannot imagine having had anyone else shoot our wedding.

Nancy · Married on 08/25/2012

Not only were Cindy's photos of my daughter's wedding fabulous and her enthusiasm a welcome addition to the day, her follow-up to make sure we were pleased was so generous and professional. Absolute top recommendation for her services!

Lindsay · Married on 09/17/2011

Cuppa Photography was the perfect fit for me and my husband. We really enjoyed working with Cindy, and appreciate her effort at getting to know us and making us comfortable in front of the camera. She photographed our wedding and engagement photos. Cindy's energy is a joy to be around. She captured such special moments and candid shots of us, our family, and friends. The photos turned out beautifully and captured the romance of the day, the setting, the sunsets, and the couple! Highly recommended!

Anne · Married on 08/27/2011

While we were researching for wedding photographers, we were impressed with the quality of work and originality from Cuppa Photography. Cindy's photojournalistic approach was especially interesting to us and her prices were very reasonable too! It was an easy choice. Our wedding photos came out gorgeous! What a way to capture the day. Thank you Cindy and the crew at Cuppa!

Amanda · Married on 08/17/2011

Hands down the best vendor I worked with. She was amazing, accommodating, and a genuine pleasure to have at my wedding. From our first contact she has been so enthusiastic. A few weeks after we booked her we received this beautiful package with coffee mugs, tea, pancake mix, blueberry jam and a bunch of Maine themed items. We could not get over it! Our wedding was in Maine but we live in Virginia. She actually arranged to meet us at a local landmark near us in Virginia to do our engagement session. If I hadn't been 110% sold on her already I would have been after seeing the sneak peek of engagement photos posted on her blog. I generally don't think any pictures of me look good but her photos were just so unbelievable that I didn't focus on my flaws for one second. They were breathtaking.

Once she arrived at my hotel room when I was getting ready for my wedding I was so excited to see her. She was fun, upbeat and you can really tell she loves what she does. I am now anxiously awaiting our wedding photos. But I'm not one bit nervous because I know that they will be so fabulous!! I literally could not recommend anyone any more than I do her!!

Mindy · Married on 06/18/2011

Cindy was fantastic! She made the experience was special and personal with little touches throughout the planning process.

Trina · Married on 05/28/2011

Cindy at Cuppa Photography was a true pleasure to work with. She is creative, innovative and also listens to what you want. It was a wonderful experience and one of the details that I never worried about. The day of the wedding, she was everywhere and caught everything. I have heard nightmare stories from friends about their photographers. Cindy was truly an ideal fit for us. I highly recommend Cuppa Photography.

Abigail · Married on 04/30/2011

We LOVED working with Cindy! We couldn't have asked for a better photographer. She was fabulous with every encounter. Our engagement and wedding pictures turned out just how we wanted.

Ali · Married on 08/28/2010

Working with Cindy at Cuppa Photography was by far the best decision I made for our wedding (besides marrying my husband, of course!). Not only was she the best vendor we had, she went above and beyond in so many ways.
    Her photos were fabulous and she took so much time before the wedding to really get a sense of who we are, what we wanted our wedding photos to reflect and who needed to be in the pictures. She is so talented and we were thrilled with how everything turned out. She captured such amazing moments. And considering we planned our wedding from out of town, she made communication with her - by email and by phone - a total breeze, and a real pleasure. By the time our wedding day came around, she had become a good friend... which made it so much more comfortable to have her snapping pictures throughout the day.
    I've recommended her to every person I know who is getting married, and will also go to her in the future for next big milestones - maternity photos, family portraits, you name it!

• Kelly

Kelly · Married on 06/19/2010

Cindy with Cuppa Photography was the best decision we made for our wedding day. From her undescribable service to her amazing talent, she was wonderful. Cindy also designed our wedding inviations for us which came out exactly as we had envisioned. She was a joy to spend our day with. Our pictures also came beautiful. I would highly recommend Cuppa for as a unique and superbly talented photographer to any bride, groom, or family to capture a special occasion.