79 Reviews for Cupcake Novelties

Local (2)
Pastries (1)
Gluten Free (1)
Lactose Free (1)

Thank you for making the most amazing cupcakes and cake for our wedding and bridal shower!! Our guests were raving about the taste and flavor and we got so many compliments! Of course, I took the credit for finding you ;-) haha!

Highly recommended! Very easy to work with, communication was easy, quick and friendly, and our desserts were delivered and setup on time on the day of the wedding. Can't wait to order again soon!!

Profile Picture Patty, 7/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

The cupcakes and French Macarons were so delicious! My bridal shower guests were in for a treat! I was glad to have found Cupcake Novelties while searching online. It was easy to finalize and place the order. She was very responsive and quick to reply to any questions.

Colors for the desserts were customized to match our colors of tiffany blue and silver. It all looked well put together! Strongly recommend Cupcake Novelties for all your dessert needs!!!

Profile Picture Karen, 7/8/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Absolutely amazing experience working with Cupcake Novelties! We ordered 17 dozen pieces of Bride and Groom Rice Krispie treat favors for our wedding and were blown away with the quality of the work.

They arrived in perfect condition shipped all the way to Minnesota! Very accommodating and willing to work with us on custom designs! They turned out adorable. A big hit at the wedding! Thank you :)

Profile Picture Debbie, 6/23/18, 1 Review
Category: Favors & Gifts, Unique Services (Other)

Our wedding cake was fantastic! Farozan is incredibly talented at creating delicious and beautiful cakes that are not overly sugary like some cakes. We had a 3 tier cake: mocha with raspberry compote & chocolate ganache icing, apple ginger with caramel sauce and caramel buttercream icing, and white chocolate with chocolate ganache & raspberry filling. Every layer was moist, delicious and amazing! She made the cake look delicate and beautiful for our spring wedding. I highly recommend her! Some of the other reviewers comment on some issues with payment or communication- I did not have any issues with either. Farozan answered emails within very reasonable time frames and all my payments were made through PayPal without any issues.

Photo for Cupcake Novelties Review - Photo: Genevieve Leiper
Photo for Cupcake Novelties Review - Photo: Genevieve Leiper
Profile Picture Alana, 4/21/18, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

We received our package of beautifully wrapped rock candy treasures in time for a special day. We purchased this as part of our wedding guest favors. They turned out lovely and smelled delicious.

We chose clear gold dipped rock candy, they were very elegant and the perfect size for people to enjoy. Would definitely order again in the future from this fine confection maker, thank you for making our day that much more special.

Profile Picture Beth, 3/17/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Farozan was great! Getting in touch with her via email was a bit of a problem, as I think neither of us received the other's emails sometimes, but her desserts were delicious and she was super flexible and accommodating. I wanted to do a dessert buffet with a variety of mini desserts to cater to different dietary needs, and she was incredible when it came to different flavor combinations and recipes for vegan and gluten free desserts, as well as non-vegan and gluten-filled desserts. I was very pleased with her services and would work with her again!

Profile Picture Zoe, 2/24/18, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Nut Free, Vegan, Pastries
3.9

Overall I'm pleased with how everything turned out. The cupcakes anx cake were amazing and received so many compliments yesterday. Only problem during planning was the seller was out of town and difficult to get a hold of for about a month. Overall though the price for what we got was fantastic, definently recommend based on flavors alone!

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/3/17, 8 Reviews
1.5

My experience involved an order of pirate-themed, decorated Oreo cookies. The seller did not provide shipment as promised. The seller refused to issue a refund and was very difficult to work with. Mine was obviously a small order. For readers here, though, I would think twice before doing business with this vendor.

Profile Picture Lawrence, 1/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Favors & Gifts

You HAVE to book Cupcake Novelties! My mom and I are so obsessed with Farozan that we order cupcakes/cookies/cakes/etc from her anytime we have any sort of party. We found her when planning my sister's wedding and of course got my wedding cake from her for my wedding on 10/16/16. I'm 28 and thus have been to a TON of weddings in the past few years. I have never had cake from a wedding that I thought was anything special, except for Farazon's. Farozan's cakes are SOOO flavorful & moist - trust me you will love them!! I got a million compliments on it and enjoyed taking all the credit =) We had 3 delicious flavors - coconut cake with coconut buttercream & chocolate ganache filling, vanilla cake with salted caramel buttercream and caramel sauce filling, and apple ginger cake with pumpkin buttercream. Omg, amazing. Do not look any further.

Profile Picture Chelsea, 10/16/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I'd like to preface by saying that Farozan is SO sweet and super easy to work with, which was very important to me considering I was planning my wedding from another state. She does great work and her cupcakes are PHENOMENAL. I am extremely picky about food and I've found that frosting is usually disgustingly sweet to me but hers was quite possibly the best I've ever had. There is such a diverse array of flavors to choose from so every palate is sure to be satisfied, and she is willing to work with you if you have a special request. I am beyond ecstatic with the product we received and would not hesitate to recommend Cupcake Novelties in the future. The only little remark I would make is that our cutting cake had a strain of pearls on it that we had changed our minds about and asked for just ruffles and a quatrefoil design. Also, we had some difficulties with email and completing payments through the mail but I just chalked that up to external forces. Regardless, I am SO happy with how everything turned out and highly recommend Farozan's delicious treats!

Profile Picture User5212955, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Cupcakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Nut Free

When my now-husband and I first began the wedding planning process, we wanted to ensure the food at our wedding was top-notch - including our desserts. I wanted cupcakes on a cupcake tower and a small 6-inch cake on top. My sister and I did a cupcake tasting at a more well-known and established cupcake establishment and the cupcakes were just...ehhh. We found Farozan via Wedding Wire and saw her amazing reviews, so we set up a tasting. My husband and I met Farozan at a local Starbucks for our tasting and the cupcakes were OUT. OF. THIS. WORLD. So delicious and moist. My husband said he wanted to hire her right on the spot after he tasted her almond cupcake with raspberry filling (lol). Farozan is so sweet and is a small business owner, so I felt much better about giving her my business rather than "the big guys." In fact, we hired her to also do all the cupcakes for my bridal shower. On our big day, the cupcake tower looked AWESOME and of course the cupcakes did not disappoint...we got rave reviews from our guests! We definitely plan to use Cupcake Novelties in the future for upcoming events. THANK YOU, Farozan!

Profile Picture Andrea, 5/28/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Cupcakes, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cake Stands

Fresh cake here guys delicious taste !! I recommend them !!!

Profile Picture Neida , 5/7/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We had cake pops and pie pops instead of a traditional cake for our wedding, and everyone was so intrigued by the pie pops. It was so cool to provide something new for people to try and everyone was raving about the cake pops and pie pops. Everything was delicious and we were able to provide our own platters so we didn't have to return anything after the wedding. I definitely plan on using Farozan again if I ever need to cater dessert for anything!

Profile Picture Rachel, 2/20/16, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cake Pops

I got a wedding cake and cake pop favors for my wedding and chocolate dip Oreos favors for my rehearsal (decorated as bride grooms matching my wedding colors!), and everything was very well made. I was very happy with all the desserts.

Appreciate your efforts and artistry! THANK YOU!!

Profile Picture Mina, 12/5/15, 1 Review
Category: Favors & Gifts, Wedding Cake

I found cupcake novelties on wedding wire and worked completely through email for flavor and style selection, ordering, and delivery coordination. The cupcakes and rice crispy pops we selected showed up on time, and organized on our display without issue.

THE FLAVORS WERE FANTASTIC. My new husband and I watched the guests not only go back for seconds and thirds…but some guests have 5 cupcakes b/c they were that good.

Farozen, the owner, was awesome and flexible. Any event in the future where I need cupcakes, desserts, cakes, etc I will definitely go to Cupcake Novelties!

Profile Picture User4755776, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Cake Pops, Cupcakes, Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Thank you so very much for making such good flavors for our wedding cake! Our guests were delighted with the taste and presentation, and I received compliments and comments all evening :)

The salted caramel was a popular favorite, followed closely by the white chocolate raspberry - yum!!

Profile Picture Alli, 11/7/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes, Cake Stands, Fresh Fruit, Local, Organic, Nut Free

Simply amah-zing cupcakes and cakes!!!! We were extremely pleased with our decision to go with Cupcake Novelties, after having tried several other cake vendors in the area. Our tasting was excellent, and on our wedding day, Farozan came on time and set everything up perfectly.

We got a lot of compliments and can't wait to use Cupcake Novelties again soon! Highly recommended!!

Profile Picture Alexandra, 10/24/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake Stands, Cake Pops, Cakes, Cupcakes, Nut Free, Vegan, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Fresh Fruit, Local, Organic

We opted for cupcakes with a cake topper for our wedding reception. Farozan was so nice to work with. We first met for a tasting and despite the snow, she arrived on time (we were late) and was very friendly and professional. Her cake flavors were the best we had tasted and our decision was quickly made. We chose 5 flavors, paid the deposit and confidently set the date. The cake, cupcakes and cupcake stand arrived as scheduled, she set it all up, and EVERYONE loved the cakes. It was a little challenging returning the cake stand the following day, but clearly worth the effort. I would recommend Farazon and Cupcake Novelties to anyone. Her tastings are offered in multiple places in the DC Metro area.

Profile Picture User4250175, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Farozan (at Cupcake Novelties) was wonderful to work with. She was responsive and flexible, and the tasting was convenient and exactly what we needed to select our desired desserts. Farozan made four different flavors of cupcakes for my wedding, and she also made cake pops as party favors and decorated them as if they were wearing tuxedos and wedding dresses. Our guests raved about the desserts, and my husband and I were extremely satisfied with our decision.

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/23/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My hubby and I got the most amazing wedding cake and cake pops favors from Cupcake Novelties!!!! Our guests raved about how delicious the cake was.. I chose chocolate cake with white chocolate ganache inside, and the outside was an elegant ivory design that I selected from Farozan's portfolio. It looked perfect in our quaint vintage wedding reception venue, and the cute bride & groom cake pops as favors were the perfect little treat for our guests.

Everything was a big hit, and we were absolutely pleased with our experience! Been recommending her to everyone we know! Can't wait for my niece's birthday to place my next order!!

Profile Picture Lisa, 4/4/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Favors & Gifts, Wedding Cake
4.1

I was looking for an organic wedding cake (mission impossible), and she promised me before I signed the contract that she would be able to do so. After eating my wedding cake I have some doubts as to if she ended up using organic ingredients afterall. I had a lemon cake with lemon curd, which just tasted like cake with buttermilk frosting, I could not taste the lemon curd whatsoever. The appearance of the cake also didn't look that close to what we were planning but overall a good experience minus her not keeping up with my payments.

Profile Picture Sima, 3/1/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Private Tastings, Organic, Cakes

Great service. Quick responses. Cake and cupcakes tasted great. Only complaint is that the look of the cake and cupcakes weren't as clean as I expected but everything else was great.

Profile Picture User4093289, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

She is amazing brought us a soread of what we wanted and extra flavors to tey at the tasting and has been the best most professional cake person ive met!

Profile Picture Liz, 10/25/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Farozan was great to work with - and makes really delicious amazing cakes and cupcakes. I just wish I did a better job of hiding some away to eat after the wedding, because they went quickly! She has a variety of flavors and types of icing and filling - seasonal and traditional to fit any theme. Great price and quality and she's very friendly and responsive to needs.

Profile Picture Megan, 10/18/14, 2 Reviews
2.9

We entered into an agreement with Cupcake Novelties with high hopes after reading wonderful reviews. We purchased cake pops for the rehearsal dinner and cupcakes with a cutting cake for the wedding. Deliveries for both were late. The cake pops were nearly 45 minutes late and the cupcakes arrived nearly an hour late, delaying the start of the ceremony. The unwillingness of the proprietor to acknowledge any problems on her end is discouraging. The desserts were delicious, no complaints there; however due to the frustration in dealing with this vendor due to late deliveries and in returning the tower to them after they moved farther away (which made it very difficult to return it while on our honeymoon!) I would not recommend this vendor.

Profile Picture User4185831, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews