Cuisine Lucette Reviews

40 | Hillsborough, NC

40 Reviews for Cuisine Lucette

I had such a wonderful experience working with Marie-France! We visited her for a tasting almost a year before our wedding and were blown away by how delicious her cakes were. We ended up choosing a 4 tiered flourless chocolate cake. Not only was it absolutely beautiful and exactly what we ordered, but it was DELICIOUS!!! Our choice of wedding cake was so different and carried out so beautifully and our guests are still talking about how delicious the cake was! In fact, we didn't have to serve any other dessert because we had it plated with delicious raspberry mousse that Marie-France made and fresh strawberries. The presentation was awesome and it tasted even better than it looked! Also, I must add that I have a gluten allergy and the flourless chocolate cake was gluten-free so it was really special for me to be able to have cake on my wedding day. All around, it was really a wonderful experience and I HIGHLY reccommend using Cuisine Lucette!

Sent on 07/20/2012

Kellie · Married on 01/21/2012

Marie France was an absolute pleasure to work with! The tasting we completed with her helped us choose a cake/buttercream combination we never would have picked by just reading a listing (almond cake with maple and mocha butter creams). She tailored the design of the cake to suit exactly what we wanted - a birch tree inspired cake sitting atop an actual log. Marie France hand-delivered the cake to our wedding venue and the final product was outstanding - perfect design and most importantly, absolutely delicious cake!!

Sent on 03/04/2012

Kathleen · Married on 11/11/2011

Fantastic cake, amazing tarts, and delicious frosting! What more can you ask for from such a lovely woman. Marie-France baked delicious mini-cupcakes (with a cake for cutting) that were beautifully frosted and topped with a little fondant leaf. She was gracious enough to adjust her carrot cake recipe to account for my nut sensitivity, and the Italian Buttercream she used on all the cupcakes and cake was melt-in-your-mouth delicious. Anyone considering a VT baker should definitely talk to her.

Sent on 01/09/2012

Susan · Married on 10/01/2011

Marie-France was amazing. From the very beginning she was easy to work with, happy to help, and made sure that our vision came true. I was the MOH and I wanted to surprise the groom with a groom's cake made of cupcakes decorated like the New England Patriots and Pittsburgh Steelers to go on a custom made football field. They came out great and she was willing to do custom recipes for the cupcakes. I cannot thank her enough for being willing to take on such a non-traditional request. She also modeled the bride and groom's top tier after their invitations - which came out perfect. The mini cupcakes were a huge hit and all the flavors were wonderful. So thrilled and grateful to Marie-France for making all the desserts beautiful and delicious. A pleasure to work with!

Sent on 10/17/2011
  • Jody

Jody · Married on 08/06/2011

Every minute of our experience with Marie-France from the tasting to the delivery was delightful. She got the perfect read on the feel of our daighter's wedding. It looked like we built the wedding around the cake. Not only was it gorgeous it was DELICIOUS!!

Sent on 08/22/2011

Anita · Married on 06/26/2010

Marie-France of Cuisine Lucette was a delight right from the very first visit where I sampled some of her creations with my son and future daughter-in-law. She was gracious and very open to our ideas and suggestions. Not only was the almond wedding cake with fresh strawberry mousse AMAZING, but the cupcakes and mini cheesecakes she prepared for the rehearsal dinner were delicious and beautiful as well. She created an almond cheesecake to celebrate the Portuguese heritage of my daughter-in-law's family just for the ocassion! Cheers to Marie-France and her extraordinary talent! I just need to know her secret for baking like she does and keeping her lovely figure!!!!

Sent on 06/30/2010

Anna · Married on 06/26/2010

Marie-France of Cuisine Lucette created the most simple yet elegant delicious cake for our special wedding day. She was amazing! She was great from the beginning to the end with the interview over the phone because we were out of state, communication via email and phone, delivery, tasting, reviewing the time line for delivery, and for the final end result...cutting the cake! The cake was so beautiful too! We also used her for our rehearsal dinner for desserts that were out of this world! I would recommend her to any bride that is getting married in VT! Great Job Marie-France! ~Anna~

Sent on 08/04/2010

Jennifer · Married on 06/05/2010

Marie Franc the owner of cuisine lucette was just fantastic to work with. Our wedding this past weekend June 5, 2010 was just wonderful. The cake Marie provided on our wedding day was perfect not to mention soooo good! she made a three tier buttercream cake with black berry mousse and buttercream filling. The cake was lemon flavored. I also had her get a tree stump so the cake could sit on it and it was just another awesome Vermont touch that she added. I asked her to put butterflies on there and they looked amazing on the cake. She ordered them for me. If you are in the Vermont area and you are having a wedding, contact her because not only will she answer you right away she will make the cake with only organic products and that was something we liked, being from Vermont and all. I gave the whole experience 5 stars!!
    Thanks so much Marie-Franc. I will be ordering again in the future!!!

Jennifer and Phil
    Derby, CT

Sent on 06/09/2010

Jill · Married on 08/01/2009

Working with Marie-France was an absolute joy. When we decided, after our tasting, that we wanted to try another cake flavor, she was very accommodating and baked us the cake to try. It was really important for us to have the combination of a flavorful cake as well as beautiful decor, and Marie-France definitely delivered on both! From the tasting, to the design, to the cake set up, everything was perfect.

Sent on 06/15/2010

Janet · Married on 05/22/2010

I thought that the cake from Cusine Lucette was wonderful
    Beautiful to look at and wonderful to taste. There were many
    compliments of how wonderful the cake was at the wedding.

Sent on 06/09/2010

Tori · Married on 11/01/2014

The cake was delicious and it was so beautiful that many of my guests thought it was a prop and not the actual wedding cake!! Rarely do you get a cake that looks good and tastes good. She's well worth the cost!

Sent on 11/20/2014

Amy · Married on 09/14/2013

Marie France was so great to work with and the desserts were delicious! Everything was so so good... and all of our guests said the same exact thing. I just wish we still had left overs to relive the goodness... we'll just have to wait a year to enjoy more of our cake :)

Sent on 10/03/2013

Robyn · Married on 09/06/2008

I found Cuisine Lucette on the Internet. What attracted me to her was her affordability. It's not easy to find that anywhere in the wedding industry. She operates out of her house, which gives it a real down-home, country feel. My fiance (at the time) and I were invited over for a tasting, and it did not take us long to figure out what we both wanted! Marie-France makes a flourless chocolate cake to die for. I can say that with extra confidence because my 1 year anniversary just past, so we recently re-lived and enjoyed the richness of our wedding cake again - after being in a freezer for 12 months! Needless to say, the cake was truly decadent and exactly what we love. I got married on a farm, and liked her signature of presenting the cake on a (coated) slice of tree trunk. To stick with the theme, she draped leaves and acorns along the tiers. While we were not unhappy with the quality of her service per se, I realize our cake was not overly complicated. We really had no expectation, but we were surely very satisfied.

Sent on 11/18/2009

Cara · Married on 05/05/2012

3.0

Our cake was beautiful. Marie France was excellent to get in touch with. Thank you for everything!

Sent on 05/29/2012

Kellie · Married on 10/10/2010

2.0

Unlike the other brides, we did not have a positive experience. She called me the day before to tell me that she had accidentally made our cake in the wrong shape, and was that ok. I said no, because we had had everything set months prior. Created undue stress.

Sent on 12/14/2010