Crystal Tea Room- Finley Catering Reviews

98 | Philadelphia, PA

98 Reviews for Crystal Tea Room- Finley Catering

Gina · Married on 09/11/2010

I can not say enough about the Ballroom at the Ben. This place is amazing. Our guest were so amazed at how well everything was put together. Ott and Kathleen were so easy to work with and made my wedding day so stress free. Everyone can not stop talking about our reception.

Sent on 01/20/2011

Robert J · Married on 08/14/2010

Kathy and Ott were the best to work with. They know how to throw a party.

Sent on 08/22/2010

Jennifer · Married on 06/26/2010

Excellent food, venue and customer service! Highly recomended...

Sent on 07/23/2010

Jennifer · Married on 01/10/2009

Amazing place to get married!! Everyone raved about the food, the service and the attention to detail!!! You get so much for your money, and every penny is worth it. Ott is incredible and a stressed bride's dream come true!

Sent on 01/27/2009

Larry · Married on 10/05/2008

Great level of support in planning the wedding, and flawless execution of the ceremony and reception. The Ballroom was beautifully lit and appointed, service was outstanding, and the food was superb. Judging not only from our own observations, which can be a bit “blurred” at one’s own affair, but from the reactions and feedback of our guests, we were delighted with our decision. Our Account Rep paid prompt and patient attention to all of our pre-event questions. Otto, the Maitre D', is a true professional whose competent control of preparations and the evening’s sequence was continually comforting during what is a happy, yet stressful, evening for the parents of the bride. Note that in addition to excellent service, ambience, and cuisine, the pricing remained competitive. The bundling of valet parking, column and pin lighting, and other elements into the package, for which other vendors charge separately, merely extended the overall value and our total satisfaction.

Sent on 01/27/2009

Holly · Married on 08/09/2008

Most beautiful wedding site in Philadelphia. Loved every aspect of this venue.

Sent on 11/17/2008

Jillian · Married on 06/14/2008

I have to say the my reception from start to finish was absolutely flawless. The service was outstanding, the food was amazing and the ballroom was just breathtaking. We are so happy that we chose this reception cite and would recommend it to anyone and everyone!
    Thank you CTR! You're amazing!

Sent on 07/22/2008

arianna · Married on 01/12/2007

we booked on a Friday night in the middle of winter, and they not only worked with us for our budget,but thre in extras and allowed us to create a menu that suited our needs. We even asked them to mix a signature drink as my family is from Jamaica. They served food immediately following the ceremony in the ballroom, as guests moved to the atrium area for the cocktail hour. There was a pasta station, cheese and crackers,butlered foods,etc...everything you could think of. Everyone has told me my wedding was amazing and that the food was awesome-the only wedding they ever left full from!

Sent on 11/01/2007

Nicole · Married on 05/27/2017

I cannot say enough about how great it was to work with Finley Catering, especially Emily, for our wedding! We threw a big Indian fusion wedding with many events at the Crystal Tea Room and they made it happen every step of the way. What amazed me the most was how quick Emily was to respond to our questions via email or phone. I'm sure she has a million couples that she talks to on a daily basis, but she always responded to me within 24 hours! Miguel was also awesome on the day of the wedding. You can from your first meeting that he's an expert in the wedding business and he's a lot of fun too! The Crystal Tea Room was the most gorgeous, classic, and historic venue in which to have our most special day! All of our wedding guests raved about the food also...and I think they really meant it! Finley Catering made our wedding everything we hoped it would be and MORE!

Sent on 06/14/2017

Kate · Married on 05/28/2016

We held our reception at Crystal Tea Room & cannot say enough good things about our experience. First off, the package is PHENOMENAL - all of the food is included (including the cake!) and the food is SPECTACULAR. The venue itself is stunning & did not require much decoration.

The thing that really sets CTR apart, though, is the team working there. Michelle Finley was great to work with - she was always available when we needed to speak with her & she made the catering end of our reception happen with almost zero effort from us.

On the day of the wedding, the CTR staff was AMAZING - we'd heard so much about Miguel in particular and approximately none of what we heard was untrue. Miguel made everything run so smoothly & took personal care of us and our parents. He loves his job & it shows! Carlos also took great care of us - if we needed anything, or was thinking about needing anything, he already had it waiting and he made sure we were never without a drink all night. Our wedding reception went off without a hitch thanks to the CTR team & they deserve much more than a 5 star review!

Sent on 07/10/2016

We were so happy with everything at the Crystal Tea Room. The staff there were so helpful, warm, and welcoming, from our first tour of the venue until our wedding day. We worked with Mary throughout the process, and Miguel and Chris were the main points of contact on the day of the wedding. All of them were wonderful to work with and handled all of our requests and questions gladly and with ease. They've worked with all of our vendors before, which was even better.

On the day of the wedding, everything ran so smoothly. I didn't have to worry about a thing! The staff kept asking me if I wanted anything to drink or if I needed anything -- and made sure that I ate enough. And it was not just us who were taken care of so well. Throughout the night, our guests could not stop telling us how beautiful they thought the venue was, or how good the food tasted (we had a cocktail hour with both stations and passed hor d'oeuvres; at dinner, we had a salad, a choice of three entrees at the table, and -- of course -- lots of dessert). That's still the case - two months later, one of my friends said to me "The food at your wedding will forever be the food to which I compare all wedding food to."

We are SO incredibly happy that we chose to get married there, and cannot imagine our wedding having taken place anywhere else.

Sent on 08/22/2014

We used the Ballroom at the Ben for our daughter's wedding. Everything was wonderful. The Ballroom is beautiful. The food for both the cocktail hour and the main dinner was delicious. Thanks to Ott all of the events of the evening went smoothly. We had a little communication issue at the beginning, but that was due to an employee leaving. Everything was great and I would recommend them. The price was very reasonable to similar venues and considering what you were getting. I was happy gratuity and tax was already calculated into the price.

Sent on 08/03/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 03/23/2007

I don't think I could say enough about the catering- the food was fantastic- I was able to choose everything from food to drinks. Everyone was great- so professional and easy to work with. I can honestly say that I didn't need a wedding planner because of the team there. And not to mention the room- gorgeous!

Sent on 10/29/2007
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 06/02/2018

Our Dream wedding

Working with Emily and Miguel at the Crystal Tea Room was easy. The venue is gorgeous and they have everything down to a science. The day was flawless, the food was fabulous and my guests were so happy. Everything was perfect. I always had a drink in my hand and I didn't have to worry about anything. Definitely book the after-party package, it is an awesome deal and the guests loved it. It is was a breeze to go from the main party to the after party. It really was the perfect day.

Sent on 05/05/2019

Debbie · Married on 10/28/2017

Everything at The Crystal Tea Room is top shelf. The food was excellent quality, amount, and selections. The service was impeccable. And dealing with the staff was easy and professional. The chandelier and large white dance floor was amazing too, as was the bridal suite for ketubah signing. Only suggestion would be to add a private bathroom that the bride could use. Thanks Michelle Finely, Miguel, and staff!!

Sent on 10/30/2017

Jenna · Married on 01/28/2006

Finley Catering helped us in achieving a perfect wedding reception. Everything we had planned came out beautiful--and beyond my expectations. Guests are still raving over how fabulous our wedding was, two years later! Highly recommended.

Sent on 10/20/2007

Susan · Married on 09/17/2017

This was a spectacular venue. The acoustics are perfection!! We attended a wedding that I believe the best wedding ever, at least in my lifetime. All of this was possible because the venue and the band. I highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 09/20/2017

Jonni · Married on 04/21/2012

Crystal Tea Room is truly one of the most elegant rooms in Philadelphia. Our wedding was for about 250 guests and they managed to serve all meals hot and to the specifications of the wedding guests. The service is headed by Miguel who is simply the best maitre D in the city! I am convinced Miguel can fix anything!! Our only disappointment was that they do not automatically do a tasting. They did one upon request but you get the feeling they don't want to. Be sure to ask one and don't just go to one of the large group tastings. Otherwise, it was absolutely wonderful!

Sent on 04/23/2012

Barbara · Married on 01/04/2009

The Crystal Tearoom was beautiful. The women who helped us were great, the food was good and our wedding was amazing.

Sent on 12/13/2009
  • Deborah

Deborah Snyder · Married on 09/15/2018

Crystal Tea Room

The space was perfect & very elegant &’well maintained . We were a little late on our schedule that night .. we requested no silent periods but did wind up with a 15 minute period of unwanted silence without music which we tried to address as it occurred but it happened without our request honored . The food was excellent . The bridal room outstanding .
    The Finley team was flexible in addressing our concerns that the entry change to the venue was not as lovely as it could have been . They were also helpful in providing table side wine service at a reasonable rate . Overall it was a beautiful night ! We loved that we could seamlessly have the reception & after party at the same address ! This is an excellent part of this venue & helped keep our party going versus an off site after party . We loved the Crystal Tea Room !

Sent on 11/14/2018

Holly-Lynn · Married on 06/05/2009

3.0

Overall we were very pleased with our reception at the Ben. The food turned out amazing, the caked was beautiful (by Termini's Bakery). Nicole helped us out greatly along the way and was able to manipulate our menu and reception to suit us perfectly! Ott was organized and helpful, but unprofessional to another vendor in front of us during the reception. There was a problem with the cleanliness of the Ben when we visited a week prior to the event, but it seemed to be taken care of before we arrived for the event. However, it did increase our stress levels for a week before the event. Overall I would recommend the Ben to others, but I suggest they keep in contact with their bride/groom and other vendors more during the planning process.

Sent on 06/15/2009
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 09/08/2013

3.6
      2.5

I really WANT to give the Crystal Tea Room five stars but I just cannot justify it. The room itself is stunning, an absolute gem in Philadelphia, and probably the best ballroom in the city. You cannot beat the wow factor when your guests walk into the reception from the cocktail hour. It truly blew people away (not to mention they thought the wedding was much more expensive than it really was!). The food is also top notch and can't be beat. My guests are still talking about the cocktail hour! We did not have single complaint about anything that was served. The things that bothered us were more behind the scenes (and probably not a single guest really noticed but still mattered to us none the less). Even with specific instructions several pieces of our welcome table were missing including the guestbook and a historical framed map from the PA Historical Society (something that took hours of planning and preparation, hard to miss). The place cards were not in straight lines and even rows (seems nitpicky I know but still!). We specifically asked for no tip jars on any bar tops or serving stations and there were several. One of the dessert room attendants took dessert shots with our guests! Completely unprofessional and something I never would have allowed. And the order of events was completely wrong even after I told the maître d' Miguel AND the DJ several times how I wanted the toasts staggered as well as our grand entrances from the main ballroom doors. Miguel assured me several times he would "take care of it". Low and behold the DJ/Miguel had us entering from a side door and I had to demand a last minute rush to the main doors and the toasts were all in a row before anyone was able to begin eating. Lastly, we were 100% promised the staff would box up our 175 votive candles so we could take them home. Every single candle was thrown out. We honestly felt a little let down after reading all the fantastic reviews about the staff and the maître d'.

Sent on 11/11/2013

Meredith · Married on 09/03/2005

2.0
      3.0

The Crystal Tearoom is a fantastic wedding venue. It is absolutely gorgeous and very elegant without being tacky. I would say it is more appropriate for a large wedding because the room would tend to look empty with a lower number.

The biggest problem I had with Finley (without getting into long details) is that I found them to be very inattentive to me. Our wedding was in the afternoon (with a 12-4 reception) and there was a reception booked directly after ours. This meant we were just a "bonus" event for them since they cater few afternoon weddings. They did not give us the same service they would have given to a (more expensive) evening reception.

I do know many people who had great experiences in dealing with them, but their weddings were in the evening.

Sent on 04/03/2008