Crystal Tea Room- Finley Catering Reviews

98 | Philadelphia, PA

98 Reviews for Crystal Tea Room- Finley Catering

Binh · Married on 09/06/2015

Thank you for an amazing wedding on Sunday, September 6th! Thuy and I couldn't have asked for better. There were so many things that just went right for us that day, all thanks to Trish and her staff:

1. The food
    Wow! That's all I have to say. It was probably the biggest concern for us because all of our families wanted to make sure that there was enough food and that it was good. They definitely had more than enough and my niece even told me there was too much food at my wedding. The fish was by far the rock star at the wedding. I think many people ended up switching their entrees to get the fish because it was so good! The steak was perfectly cooked and the chicken was not dry one bit. The cocktail hour and dessert spread was insane. The alcohol and drinks flowed all night, so much so that many of my guests had to take two days to fully recover. It still amazes me how consistent everything was for as many guests as there were at my wedding.

2. The staff
    Your staff is top notch. Miguel and Efron (I'm sure I butchered the spelling of his name) performed way above our expectations! Miguel took care of so many last minute things for us, including last minute changes to the seating arrangements, setting everything up the way we wanted it, and dealing with last minute requests. He read my mind throughout the night and took care of things without hesitation. Efron was so attentive to us, always asking if he could get us something. I don't think I ever went without a drink in my hand. He even brought our things to the hotel on his own. The rest of the wait staff were extremely attentive to my guests, taking care of their requests and anticipating their needs with a smile. The bartenders were so great and just took care of all of us that night.

As you know, I've worked in many venues and dealt with countless weddings. I've seen the good and the bad and it takes a lot for me to be impressed nowadays. I can't say enough about our experience and we're so happy!

Sent on 09/28/2015

Words cannot express how amazing our wedding was at the Crystal Tea Room. Our reception was a fairytale. Miguel and Chris made the reception go by smoothly and without any problems at all. The venue is breathtaking and the service was perfection. We have gotten endless compliments about how amazing the reception was! Trish helped us through all the booking/paperwork, which was very smooth. She got back quickly to all emails. Miguel makes you feel like you are part of his family. He eased any worries I had involving the day; he also was present during the whole reception making sure we had everything we needed. Chris was also amazing. He was always there making sure everything was taken care of. The entire staff was very professional; we got many compliments, especially about the bartenders. I cannot say enough about the entire Finley Catering team. From the minute my husband and I arrived to the minute we left we had smiles on our faces. It was truly the wedding of our dreams!

Sent on 08/25/2015

My daughter's reception was held at the Crystal Tea Room in July. We can't say enough about Michelle and the entire staff. Michelle was knowledgeable, flexible and easily accessible throughout our planning. Miguel was fun and available the entire night of the wedding so that we did not need to worry about anything! I highly recommend the Crystal Tea Room!!!

Sent on 09/07/2015

Nicole · Married on 07/31/2015

Finley Catering did everything to make our wedding at Crystal Tea Room absolutely amazing. Working with both Michelle and Miguel was so easy and they made everything go so well during the process and on our wedding day. They went above and beyond with everything and we could not have been happier with how our day turned out. The venue is stunning and we have received so many compliments from our family and friends about the venue itself as well as the food and staff. We would recommend this venue and working with Finley Catering to anyone. Thank you again to the whole Finley Catering team to making our day perfect!

Sent on 10/03/2015

Dana · Married on 06/26/2015

Finley catering was AMAZING! They were so nice to work with, and I had to do NOTHING the day of the wedding. We dropped off all the favors and frames and anything that was needed a few days before the wedding, and Miguel took care of the rest! It was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! Food was amazing, desserts were amazing! Everyone that we have spoken to said that it was the best wedding they have ever been to! So good, that my husband and I, as well as my parents hope to be a guest at a wedding there. Trish made sure all the details were taken care of as well throughout the year and a half of planning the wedding. If I ever had a question, I emailed her and got a response within minutes.

Sent on 07/08/2015

My wedding was everything I had envisioned. Everyone of my guests raved about how wonderful it was. From the ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, dessert room, to the after party...It was all perfect! All the staff was professional and friendly. The whole atmosphere was elegant and classy. I couldn't of ask for a better venue!

Sent on 04/10/2015

Marci · Married on 02/22/2015

We had our wedding at the Crystal Tea Room on Sunday, February 22, 2015 and it was everything I ever hoped and dreamed of! The staff was amazing, especially my coordinator Tricia, and the maître ds, Miguel and Chris. Food was spectacular and the drinks were flowing all night!

I'd reccomend Crystal Tea Room to anyone who wants an exquisite wedding in the heart of Philadelphia!

Sent on 03/02/2015

The Crystal Tea Room was amazing. Nothing was too much trouble for Trish...she helped us every step of the way. The room is gorgeous on it's own but the food just wowed our guests as well!

Sent on 02/27/2015

Meg · Married on 12/27/2014

We had our reception at the Crystal Tea Room on 12/27/2014. We were impressed from the first moment we saw the room set up for a wedding. We had some early hiccups but eventually worked with Nicole and Miguel, as well as Chris the day of the wedding. Also, on the day of the wedding, Michelle Finley, couldn't have been kinder or more helpful. Planning was very easy. They made us feel extremely comfortable and that they were seasoned professionals at these events. We had some anxiety, as this was a first for us!

They delivered beyond our expectations. Everything was executed perfectly. Staff couldn't have been more accommodating. Food could not have been tastier. Family and friends keep telling me that "it was the best wedding they have ever been to!" The cocktail hour had a large assortment of food and cocktails. People didn't expect to get such a filling or delicious entree after such a big cocktail hour!

I would enthusiastically recommend Finley Catering, specifically the Crystal Tea Room to anyone. The room looked beyond gorgeous and every chandelier sparkled!

Sent on 03/25/2015
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 12/13/2014

We had our wedding at CTR on 12/13/14.

We knew well in advance that we wanted to have our wedding on this special date, we met with Trish Finley even before we got engaged and she did not make us feel like it was strange or weird that we were there even before a ring appeared on my finger.

Originally we met with her with our hearts set on the Ballroom at the Ben, after meeting with Trish at CTR we left there knowing that CTR was right and so was our choice in Finley.

All I can say is WOW, Trish and her team blew away our wildest dreams and expectations of such a magical evening. Miguel, Chris, Trish, Tom the entire staff throughout the 18 months were on point and so helpful. We upgraded almost everything, and it was worth every penny that we spent.

Ceremony:
    Was absolutely beautiful - Chris arranged everything, was on point and kept everything moving

Cocktail Hour -
    Heard it was amazing - The martini/cocktail bar was a hit and the food I heard was amazing

Reception -
    We did a dual cocktail hour - with stations and TONS and TONS of food. Trish kept telling me how much food we were having - and that's how much food we had :) The dessert room (yes I said ROOM) - was the biggest hit of the night. The chocolate shots people still talk about it. Yes, I said Chocolate shots. They are chocolate shot glasses filled with the liquor of your choice

We ended the reception with a cheesesteak station and tastykakes -

No request was too big for Trish, we attended a wedding at CTR in September 2014, and then again in March 2015. Each time the wedding felt different and special. Not like another big vendor in Philly where each wedding you go to is EXACTLY the same.

I only wish one thing - that I could of attended our wedding as a guest. I could not recommend Trish and her team more to anyone. Run, don't walk to the CTR, I promise you will not be disappointed. It is YOUR wedding - you can have it any way you want to.

Sent on 03/26/2015

Trish Finley and the Crystal Room are simply amazing! From our first initial contact with Trish and Finley Catering, she made us feel like our special day was just as special for them.
    We booked our wedding 16 months in advance of October 18, 2014, which afforded us the opportunity to build not just a business relationship, but a friendship.
    Throughout the process, Trish continued to fact find and identify what was most important to us. We continued to express that our large party (350) wants to drink and dance, so our concerns were speed of service and quantity of alcohol. Sounds crazy, but we've been to venues where a party has ran out of brands and that could not happen to us. It didn't. There was no wasted time... Salad and then five minutes later a Combo dinner for all (Chilean Sea Bass & Filet). The bars were also open the entire night and with added bartenders, no one waited or had to find a second choice drink.
    Our guests are still complimenting the quality of food, drink, and service throughout the entire night.
    The venue itself is so beautiful we decided to do our family pictures in there before the start of our reception. Trish made sure that we were able to arrive at 3:30pm before our 5pm cocktail hour. We didn't ask or expect it, but our bridal suite was already set up and waiting for us, complete with food, champagne, drinks, etc.
    Miguel, the Maitre D, is second to none. You ask for it, it gets done. He assured us to worry about nothing, he will find us if/when needed and he did. He, along with Trish, orchestrated a memorable night for of course the bride and groom, but also our large guest list.
    We visiting other venues before deciding to book the Crystal Tea Room, and we so glad we did. The Tea Room is not a wedding factory. They helped personalize our day and provided us with everything we wanted. Thank you to Trish, Miguel, and all other staff for making this a day we will cherish forever.

Sent on 11/13/2014

Great venue, wonderful staff, and the best food you'll find at a wedding for a very good price compared to other downtown venues. We had a 400 person wedding with two ceremonies, cocktail hour, reception, and after-party with a lot of specific requests, and the Finleys were very accommodating through it all. Miguel was exceptional as the Maitre D' and handled everything with a smile. He really made us feel comfortable that everything would go off without a hitch, and his staff was timely and professional. The food was probably the number one thing our guests raved about. So many choices, and every one of them delicious. We were so thrilled at how it all turned out.

Sent on 11/01/2014

Lauren · Married on 09/12/2014

From start to end, everything about my experience with Finley Catering, and Allison and Miguel, was phenomenal! They are so accommodating, and really strive to make your day as perfect as possible. The service, the food, the people are all fantastic. I highly recommend Finley Catering, and the Crystal Tea room - the room is stunning and has so much to offer!

Sent on 10/02/2014

Stephanie · Married on 08/29/2014

I cannot express how much I love Finley Catering and the Crystal Tea Room!!! My wedding was the day of my dreams because of the staff of Finley Catering! A huge thanks to Nicole and Miguel and everyone else who put the night together and made it just perfect! My family cannot get over how classy, elegant, beautiful and aesthetically pleasing the Crystal Tea Room was. People cannot stop calling and texting that it was the best wedding they've been too! It could not have gone more smoothly and the team makes sure you and your groom are very well taken care of and happy with everything! Very detail oriented and that's what I appreciate most. I feel like I have an extended family at Finley now and highly recommend them!! I hope someone I know has their wedding there soon so I can enjoy all the food, cocktails and atmosphere!

Sent on 09/09/2014

Bernadette · Married on 08/01/2014

Finley Catering at the Crystal Tea Room provided us with such an incredible reception for our daughter's wedding that I am still receiving emails, thank you notes and phone calls. The ambiance was charming, the food was delicious and the service was top notch. We will cherish such beautiful memories for a lifetime thanks to the wonderful people at Finley Catering. I wish I could give it more than 5 stars!

Sent on 08/07/2014

Kathleen · Married on 08/01/2014

We had our wedding at the Crystal Tea Room two weeks ago. The evening of the wedding was absolutely perfect - the venue is gorgeous, the food was spectacular, and the staff was so professional. Our friends and family are STILL raving about the food at both the cocktail hour and at the sit down dinner. So many people have also commented about the classic style and the timelessness of the venue, it is truly picture perfect! The Crystal Tea Room was so friendly and so accommodating every step of the planning process. Any time we had a question, it was answered promptly and politely. Our meeting two days prior to the big event was informative and made me feel confident that everything was taken care of. I could not have asked for a better venue, caterer, or hosting staff! Thank you Crystal Tea Room and Finley Catering for making our wedding day so beautiful and for having such a sincere investment in giving us the best of the best!

Sent on 08/16/2014

Kristin · Married on 05/17/2014

My wedding was a dream come true. The venue is beautiful and everyone I worked with (especially Trish and Miguel) were wonderful.

Sent on 10/05/2014

Leah · Married on 04/12/2014

Tom & Trish, were both absolutely wonderful coordinating our wedding. They were so helpful with the whole planning process and made everything as stressful as possible for us. Our Maître d, Miguel was awesome w/getting everything in order and making sure everything ran smoothly on our special day. The Crystal Tea Room was in one word, exquisite. Our cocktail hour was held in the Atrium, which was absolutely breath-taking and the dining room was jaw-dropping beautiful! Even a month later, we are still hearing guests raving about not only how stunning the venue was, but how great the food was, service & organization of our wedding! Highly recommended!

Sent on 05/11/2014

M. · Married on 12/28/2013

This is by far one of the nicest places to get married in Philadelphia. My wedding was absolutely gorgeous and people were literally shocked at how good the food was and how impressive the space was. I was told by literally all of my guests that this was an exquisite event and there were quite a few rollers there. Most importantly, it was a romantic night for my husband and I and not one thing went wrong. We were literally depressed when it ended!

We served lobster and fillet or the chicken piccante with an intermezzo, Wanamaker salad, and gnocchi app. It is hard for caterers to serve food at such a large capacity, and they did a great job. The service was excellent and everyone felt like VIP's. Planning the event was easy because they were so flexible throughout the entire process.

There are other places of not nearly the same caliber that somehow also received a 5 star rating on this website. I am from the area and can tell you that the Crystal Tea Room is worth every dollar, especially if you are a bride looking for a luxurious old world feel in a grand room with low lighting, a stellar chandelier as the room focus, and a water fountain in the center of your cocktail hour. Not to mention, it is right in center city next to the city hall which creates a great ambiance for the center city feel.

Miguel will make sure your night runs perfectly so you can actually enjoy your wedding. They didn't come up to me one time to ask any questions and worked their butts off to make the night spectacular. I wish I could relive the night!

Sent on 01/13/2014

John · Married on 09/14/2013

I wish I could give more than 5 Stars!
    It was absolutely INCREDIBLE! From the moment we arrived, my wife and I were taken back - the room was set up perfect, the lighting, the draping, it looked amazing! The food was phenomenal! We are still hearing about appetizers that we didn't even see. So much food and it was delicious. Some people could not believe they were still going to be fed after the cocktail hour. And Miguel was OUTSTANDING! A true professional and so easy to work with! So many of our guests said to us "This is the best wedding I have ever been to in my life" and "this is the wedding all other weddings will be compared". Working with you Trish, Miguel, Chris and the entire staff of Finley Catering made my daughter's wedding everything it could be and more! Thank you so much!

Sent on 09/21/2013

nikoletta · Married on 09/07/2013

Working with Finley Catering was such a pleasure for my husband and I. They were extremely flexible and willing to accommodate our every need and request. Chef did an amazing job with the food - all of our guests were raving about it and we (bride and groom) even took the time to eat because it was so delicious! Miguel, banquet captain, was always there to make sure we were happy. Everything was just perfect- thank you for an amazing experience and wonderful wedding!!

Sent on 09/26/2013

Simply the BEST! Nicole and Ott are amazing, they helped give us the best day of our lives!

Sent on 08/29/2013

The Best wedding ever!! From beginning to end, perfect. Food, service and charm.

Sent on 07/15/2013

Everything promised was delivered and more!! My husband and I had attended several affairs at the Crystal Tea Room so we knew of the impeccable service and quality as well as abundance of food. But nothing could compare to hosting our own daughter's wedding reception at the Ballroom at the Ben! I really don't know where to begin. It was pure perfection. The atmosphere itself is so inviting during cocktail hour as you gaze below into the ballroom. We have received so many phone calls, text messages and emails complementing the abundance and wide selection of appetizers as well as the incredible atmosphere. The steaks were cooked to perfection. Your recommendation of the pork and broccoli rabe at the carving station was a tremendous hit.

We have also received many comments about the impressive staff. Guests noticed the way their napkins were neatly refolded each time they returned to their seats. The staff politely directed guests to their tables as they descended the staircase to enter the ballroom. The lighting and pin spotting of the floral bouquets added to the atmosphere. The evening magically evolved. My daughter wanted an enchanted storybook atmosphere and that is the way guests have described the wedding to us. Many people have told us they have never attended such a spectacular wedding and probably never will. That is of course unless they return to one of Finley Catering venues!

Ott put us at ease from the moment we met him and we were assured by so many people that things run like clockwork under his supervision. They surely did! He had every moment accounted for and we knew what to expect and when. Kathleen Kelly and Trish Finley were very helpful with all the final details.

Sent on 05/16/2013

Megan · Married on 04/19/2013

Our wedding was here on Friday. Words can't describe how grateful I am to the staff and people I have worked with through my whole wedding process. This venue was amazing not one thing went wrong my whole reception and the staff catered to us and our guests like king and queens. From Miquel, Kathy Kelly, Trish Finley, and Chris they really made my wedding a dream come true I can't thank them enough :)

Sent on 04/24/2013