Crystal Springs Resort Reviews

Crystal Springs Resort 4
Crystal Springs Resort 5
Crystal Springs Resort 6
Crystal Springs Resort 7

Crystal Springs is gorgeous. We got married at the Ballyoween Golf Club. It was so perfect for us. The views are stunning and the venue is small and intimate. The food was phenomenal, my guests loved it and the service during the entire day was more than we expected. As the bride and groom they made sure to take care of us if we needed anything at all. They were on top of everything and I didn't have to worry about a thing. Even before the wedding day working with the wedding coordinator was a pleasure. She was so sweet and professional and made sure I got exactly what I was envisioning.

Sent on 06/03/2014

David · Married on 12/21/2013

First off, this place is amazing! The backdrops for photos are incredible, warm and intimate and the place provided the perfect setting for our marriage.

Sent on 01/07/2014

David · Married on 12/21/2013

The service we had was outstanding. We enjoyed every little detail provided especially the cocktail hour room. The views and setting was amazing that our guests keep telling us how great the place was. We loved the service

Sent on 01/30/2014

Grand cascades lodge was the perfect location for us!! The views from the ceremony site and cocktail hour makes it worth every penny. Sarah and jean were very helpful and responded quickly to any questions or concerns. We chose to have our rehearsal dinner and breakfast brunch here which did not disappoint. Our wedding was on a Sunday which I was happy we did because they had a lot going on Saturday. Our maitre de was Russell who made us feel like royalty. Everything moved so smoothly. Guests are still talking about how great the food and venue was!! If you are looking for an upscale beautiful venue that not everyone has gone to choose crystal springs!!!

Sent on 10/05/2013

Heather · Married on 09/07/2013

I absolutely loved everything about my wedding @ Black Bear, owned by Crystal Springs. The only negative i would say is that they should have a bigger sign from Rt 23, as it is very small compared to the Weiss Food store which is Close to it. Most guests used the shuttle Service from Minerals or Grand Cascades Resorts so parking was not an issue at all. Nicole is the wedding coordinator who helped me. She was amazing! She is so on top of EVERYTHING. i had NOTHING to worry about. Linda is the Matre D' who was fabulous as well. I never once had to ask for a drink, as she was on top if it at all times, same with my Food. The guests all raved about the Food, especially the seafood at Cocktail hour! We got the salmon and filet as the main dish and everyone loved it. We got the chocolate fountain which was a hit as well! They really have done alot of renovating since last year (new carpet, new Wood floor in Cocktail room). They have it beautifully landscaped by the gazebo so we didnt have to put any flowers out for the ceremony ! The bathrooms are smaller than most venues, but nobody had a Problem with this. We had 145 guests and it was perfect,very intimate and the Dance floor was ALWAYS packed. We loved to say that we were having our wedding at Crystal Springs, as it is such a classy Location in NJ! Black Beat is certainly more affordable than a wedding at the ballroom at Grand Cascades. We liked Ballyowen as well, but you can only fit 150 guests and originally we invited more than this. i reccommend Black Bear !!!

Sent on 09/24/2013

I can't say enough amazing things about my wedding at Crystal Springs Resort. My guests and I stayed at Minerals and the ceremony & reception were at Black Bear. The whole weekend completely surpassed my expectations.
    Nicole (wedding coordinator) and Linda (maitre d) were AMAZING to work with, both the months leading up to the wedding and the day of. Before the wedding Nicole was great about answering any questions via phone calls and e-mail. She always was more than happy to answer any questions. She was so personable while planning, I felt like I was working with a close friend. I actually would forget that she had many other clients than my husband (then fiance) and I! She was always very honest and gave her expert opinion about details. The day of our wedding she had to be at both Ballyowen and Black Bear, and she showed up at our wedding earlier than she had promised, which eased by nerves because I was glad to have her there. She even served trays of food during cocktail hour and helped the servers to make sure all of the guests were served!
    Linda (the matre d) was unbelievably great the day of our wedding. From the moment we arrived to take pictures before the ceremony and having drinks ready for us, to having a plate of food ready for us after the ceremony in our private room, to packing candy for us from the candy bar at the end of the night. There was never a moment that I found myself looking for any drinks or food the entire time we were there because Linda was on top of everything. I 100% am certain that our wedding ran so smoothly because of Nicole and Linda's ability to be amazing at what they do. I wish I knew months ago what I know now about this venue because if I did, I would have never looked elsewhere.
    Now that the wedding is over, I miss being in contact with both Nicole and Linda! All of our guests are raving about how beautiful the venue was and how delicious the food was! I would love to attend a wedding here in the future!!

Sent on 09/09/2013

Lorena · Married on 08/17/2013

My husband and I absolutely loved having our wedding here. Everything was so perfect! We couldn't have picked a better venue. All of our friends and family were asking us how did we find this beautiful location?! Everyone loved it! We want to give a huge THANK YOU to both Nicole the wedding coordinator and to Luis the maitre'd for being so amazing on our special day! If you want anyone to be in charge of your wedding it would be these two. Both Nicole and Luis are not only great at what they do but are also very professional! With them two my husband and I need not to worry about anything. They took care of every detail and made sure everything went according to plan. Words cannot express our gratitude and appreciation we have toward Nicole and Luis. Thanks again!!! :)

Sent on 08/23/2013

Lauren · Married on 07/27/2013

We LOVED planning and having our wedding at Minerals Resort and Spa at Crystal Springs!! Kathy and Dannielle, the wedding coordinators, were super organized and an absolute joy to work with. I didn't feel stressed at all the day of the wedding because they were so on top of everything. And everything about Minerals is amazing: the food, the hotel rooms, the entire staff, the outdoor ceremony garden space, (and outdoor Pavilion backup option in case of rain), the reception space and the resort in general. There are so many things for your guests to do that most of our guests stayed the entire weekend to hangout, even though most lived only an hour away. This allowed my now husband and I to spend more time with our guests, which was really nice. Minerals has a bunch of indoor and outdoor pools, hot tubs, a spa, a full gym and classes, an indoor basketball court (which my husband and groomsmen used the day before and the day of the wedding). And golf. Almost all of our guests said our wedding was the BEST wedding they ever went to and want to come back to Minerals every year for a weekend just to relive our wedding weekend.

Sent on 10/03/2013

Samantha · Married on 03/01/2013

I could not be happier with our decision to have our wedding at Crystal Springs! It was everything that I could have hoped for and more. We had our rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony and reception at Grand Cascades Country Club. The venue was absolutely perfect. It was the very first place my husband and I went to look at and I as soon as we walked in I was sold! Well, I was already sold from the pictres online but I wanted to make sure it was everything I thought it was in person - and it certainly was. The scenery and views up there are nothing short of spectacular! Everyone at Crystal Springs was incredibly helpful and professional, and our wedding coordinator Sarah was a pleasure to work with and is as sweet as can be! She was there every step of the way whenever I had a question or concern. Our Maitre D' for the wedding day/night was Russel and he was just THE BEST! He was so attentive, and was there to make sure everything went off without a hitch. Everytime I turned around Russell was there to lend a helping hand or help me with my dress, or hand me a drink, take my flowers, etc. - before I even asked for anything he was there already doing it! I didn't have to worry about a thing. The ballroom at Grand Cascades is spectacular with high ceilings and windows all around, I was blown away when we walked into the room with all of the place settings, centerpieces and uplighting. It was breathtaking! And the food was phenomenal!!! All of our guests raved about the cocktail hour - not only the gorgeous room it was in but the quality and quantity of food was incredible. I could go on and on... but to sum things up - this place is the best of the best!

Sent on 03/15/2013

Crystal Springs Country Club - Grand Cascades Lodge put on an amazing wedding! I loved every single detail of my wedding. The place is elegant with scenery you can not beat! The food was amazing also! If you are looking for a destination wedding close to home this is the place to do it. The hotels on site are wonderful, as is the accommodations. Everything about this place makes you feel like you are first class. The wedding coordinator is a dream to work with! I truly had an amazing wedding experience here.

Sent on 12/27/2012

Silvia · Married on 10/11/2012

PHENOMENAL RESORT and STAFF!!! WOW so happy we choose to get married at Minerals Crystal's Springs, The staff the food the LOCATION everything was over the top and everything we wanted for our Magical day. Danielle, Kathy Stephanie, Shaun were the most amazing people they made our Wedding day perfectand just AMAZING! Can't wait to go back to crystals Spring for vacation or just a weekend getaway:)

Sent on 11/27/2012

Marie · Married on 08/04/2012

We were very hesitate about booking a wedding venue with our daughter living out of state, Danielle handled everything for us whenever I felt a complete melt down coming on. We did not have to do anything, from the time we all arrived from different states our rooms were ready, care for the children were arranged, the practice went smoothly the night before the staff at the rehersal dinner were the best and of course the wedding day ran without a hitch. Danielle handled it all. We also want to thank Josh whom helped in the bridal suite as well as Stephanie in the banquet hall.

Sent on 08/09/2012

Kimberly · Married on 08/13/2011

Minerals Resort and Spa was the perfect place to have a wedding. The ceremony site outside is breath taking and well manicured. Danielle, the wedding coordinator was wonderful to work with, she was there to offer her support and guidance the whole time. The cocktail hour and reception site was absolutely breathtaking. I was amazed everytime i walked into the room by what was being done. It was unbelievable. The whole staff went over and above and outdid themselves. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect! The hotel staff was friendly and accomodating

Sent on 09/06/2011

Kim · Married on 05/21/2011

Minerals is AMAZING! We called it a destination wedding- without the far destination. Our guests had an wonderful time from the spa amenities (kids and adults loved the pools and spa), outdoor ceremony, plentiful food, and wonderful service. Danielle was PERFECT! She made you feel at ease at all times. Even when they were debating about the outdoor ceremony because of the weather- they handled making the decision and kept me calm at all times. Mark was also great! When getting ready in the bridal suite at 7am, we have a wonderful spread of food and champagne. Throughout the day the entire staff checked on us and was willing to do ANYTHING. Our guests are still raving about how much they love Minerals and would like to go back again because they had a wonderful time at the hotel too! We truly made this a wedding weekend for everyone!!!

I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend having your wedding at Minerals.

Sent on 06/08/2011

Lauren · Married on 10/16/2010

Minerals was amazing! We had 185 guests and they fit very nicely in the ballroom. The hotel block went very well, the front desk handed out our welcome bags, and everyone felt very taken care of. I worked with Danielle and Sarah and they were both amazing. Mark and Stephanie took care of my husband and I all during the reception and packed up our flowers and leftovers for us to bring back to the room with us. Stephanie even helped bring them to the room! Everyone was so helpful and kind, the hotel and grounds are beautiful, and you can't beat having the spa right downstairs! All of the guests loved the food as well (the mashed potato bar was a huge hit)! Thank you!

Sent on 10/19/2010

Heather · Married on 10/10/2010

Danielle, their event coordinator made my wedding PERFECT. I told her what we wanted and she went above and beyond!!! She was so attentive and amazing! Her and her staff were the number one reason I will never forget my wedding! Please consider them for your wedding!! Food was great, hotel, pool and spa and athletic center ONSITE!

Sent on 10/30/2010

Lindsay · Married on 09/26/2010

We found this place by accident and I'm sure glad we did. The wedding coordinator Danielle, is EXTREMELY helpful and professional. She made sure everything was perfect. Our wedding was beautiful and Danielle and her staff were unbelievable. I recommend this place for anyone who wants a beautiful outside ceremony in the garden and a big reception room for lots of fun and dancing! Set up an appointment with them and you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 10/12/2010

Jamie · Married on 10/11/2015

We got married at Ballyowen, one of the venues associated with Crystal Springs Resort. If you are looking for a private venue with amazing scenery, food, and service, look no further. Our experience from start to finish has been nothing but easy. Julie who helped with the contract piece really provided insight on options, # of people, and was very helpful. Silje, the wedding coordinator, is amazing with her skills to help out with questions, make the venue look spectacular, and run the day smoothly. Luis, our maitre de was incredible. He really catered to the bride and groom to make sure everything was just right. If you are looking to have a big wedding, the venue can only hold about 150/160 but if you have a wedding smaller than that this should be your place. Very reasonably priced and breathtaking!!!

Sent on 10/20/2015

Christina · Married on 03/28/2015

I couldn't have picked a better venue for my wedding reception. The backdrop is gorgeous and the service was great. The food was awesome and wide variety of options.

Sent on 05/09/2015

Magdalena · Married on 06/14/2014

We got married on a gorgeous Saturday in June at Black Bear Golf Club which is part of Crystal Springs. Compliments to Julie Hoffman for being amazing and responsive and knowing how to calm down a bride nicely :) Beautiful place. The only thing I would recommend is closing a few golf holes for pictures on day of wedding for an hour or two. The food was amazing and the staff!!

Sent on 07/24/2015
  • Dan

Dan · Married on 09/03/2011

My wife and I were married at Minerals this Labor Day weekend, and we could not be happier with our experience there. First off, the coordinator Danielle was absolutely amazing every step of the way. She was our contact from our first visit more than a year away from the date - all the way through my wife walking down the aisle (I think Danielle was the last one to make sure my wife's vail was in place before she walked down).

The entire staff was accommodating to our every request (we had many), and made sure we felt comfortable our entire weekend there. Erica the maitre-d', Kaitlin the server for the bride and groom and Saul who oversaw just about everything the night of and during the breakfast the next morning were absolutely perfect. Definitely request them.

Our ceremony was held outdoors, followed by an outdoor cocktail hour (absolutely beautiful) and an indoor reception. The great thing about Minerals is that it's all very close to one another so your guests never have to travel far - but it doesn't seem too small. The best thing is they let us customize everything every step of the way, so we had all the decor/flowers/'props' (signage, ice sculpture, table markets) exactly how we wanted them.

We had our rehersal dinner the night before in their huge outdoor bbq pavillion whcih worked out great. As the bridal party and other family/friends were still arriving Friday night, it served as a great meeting area. The big field and regulation sand volleyball court made sure everyone had something fun to do (we brought frisbees, ipod dock, volleyballs, etc.).

The rooms we're great (we recommend staying in the Presidential Suite for the bride and groom), but between the tiki bar, indoor/outdoor pool, gyms, tennis, basketball, and upstairs bar/restaurant (which was PERFECT for our guests who wanted an extra hour or so of fun after the reception)....you or your guests are never in the room much.

It's a ways from NYC where we're from, but it's easy to get to and worth every penny we spent there. The bottom line is that it's in a BEAUTIFUL setting, (email me for pictures of an outdoor ceremony/cocktail hour if you'd like), and there's enough to do for your guests (7 golf courses within 10 minutes), and you'll find the whole process very easy.

Sent on 10/26/2011

Tammie · Married on 10/01/2010

The Minerals staff, in particular, Danielle, was just amazing. We were able to work out a package that fit our needs and their execution was just fantastic. Dave and I had our own server, Stephanie, and she was there whenever we needed anything to eat or drink. Cocktail hour was perfect in the lounge outside the ball room (if weather cooperated, it would have been outside in the garden), with plenty of room for people to eat, sit down, and talk. The Diamond Ball Room was the perfect size for our 125 guests and was a great backdrop to the entire event. The staff was diligent and very helpful and our wedding night room was complementary, which was great. With the Spa on location, hair and makeup was super easy and efficient.
    We had our ceremony off-site, so I can not comment on that aspect.

Sent on 10/18/2010
  • Jaclyn

Jaclyn · Married on 04/20/2019

Best Wedding Venue!

My experience with Crystal Springs Resort was everything I could have asked for when planning my wedding. We were married at the Grand Cascades venue on April 20th, 2019. Jenna, my wedding coordinator, went ABOVE & BEYOND to provide everything I wanted/needed. They even helped us coordinate some complicated requests and answered a MILLION of my crazy bride questions. My Maitre D Daniel was also incredible. He made the entire night so easy and made everything run flawlessly. The entire Crystal Springs team worked to make my day special, made sure all the details were ironed out and thought through. I would recommend Crystal Springs to anyone! The hotel even decorated our room after the wedding and gave us a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. SO SWEET and such a kind gesture after a very hectic day and weekend. My friends and family do not have anything negative to say about the entire experience. We are so glad we chose Crystal Springs as our wedding venue!

Sent on 06/12/2019
  • Anna

Anna · Married on 09/15/2018

Beautiful venue and professional staff!

My husband and I got married at Minerals Resort on 9.22.18. Nicole was our point person for the months leading up to the wedding. Nicole is extremely helpful and very knowledgeable about Minerals/things to do around town/anything wedding related. She was extremely responsive and on top of all details (even if it meant answering separate emails from myself, my mom and my mother-in-law. Nicole, Kristine and Asad were amazing the day of the wedding and everything went perfectly, not to mention the Sweetgrass Pavilion and cocktail hour pavilion were beautiful! Although I considered hiring a separate wedding planner or day of coordinator many times throughout the wedding process, Nicole assured me that Minerals would handle everything the day of the wedding and they exceeded our expectations.

That being said, I would caution any couple planning to have their wedding at any Crystal Springs property to encourage their guests to book their rooms WELL in advance. Unfortunately, our wedding fell the weekend of Oktoberfest and all Crystal Springs properties were fully booked at the time our wedding invites went out! Nicole assisted us with finding rooms for our remaining guests as there were luckily some cancellations, and we were able to find VRBO properties for other guests, but it did cause serious stress for us during the planning process. I would encourage guests to book their hotel rooms at the time they receive the save the date to avoid any booking issues. Despite the rooming issues, we had an amazing weekend and perfect wedding and I would highly recommend Crystal Springs as a venue.

Sent on 11/04/2018
    Crystal Springs Resort 8
  • Zulemy

Zulemy · Married on 08/30/2018

Breathtaking

I had always dreamed of what my wedding video would look like and the drone footage that was taken at the Minerals Hotel at Crystal Springs that ended up in my wedding video were just breathtaking!

This hotel had all the amenities you would need and more! One of my favorite amenities was the Elements Spa! They provided 3 stylists to come up to my room and do hair and makeup for my bridesmaids, flower girl, mother of both groom & bride, and me, the Bride! The ladies came right on time and the result was amazing! The prices were super reasonable and everyone just loved how they looked!

One bummer was that we were told that the bar would stay open til 12:30 after we came back from the wedding reception and when we got back, it was actually closed. They did however, let us after party in the lobby which ended up being fun!

I absolutely love this place! Will be coming back soon !

Sent on 03/06/2019