Crystal River Inn Reviews

• Yvonne
    Yvonne T. Married on 10/27/2018
    5 out of 5 rating

Perfect Choice

We chose the Crystal River Inn for several reasons. It's location in the historic district and in perfect proximity to the San Marcos Square. The garden & the cozy rooms; that make you feel welcomed and relaxed. We expressed to Ms. Cathy, that we wanted cute, sweet, simple and elegant. Like a Fairy Tail, her and her staff granted our Wish. We didn't have to worry about anything. The food, OMG was delicious! The morning of our wedding they served poached pears, quiche with bacon and a sliced tomato covered with cheese. They catered the reception, we chose The Pasta Bar. Everything was fresh hot and melt-in-your-mouth delicious. All of our guests sincerely enjoyed their meals and went back for seconds. If you are looking for friendly customer service, peaceful atmosphere, delicious food, enjoy beautifully kept historic buildings, lovely Gardens and ponds. Then the Crystal River Inn is definitely for you.
    Denise Married on 02/02/2013
    4.9 out of 5 rating
      4.5 out of 5 rating
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We had the most wonderful experience here for our daughter's wedding and reception. Cathy worked with us on what we had budgeted, and then vendors she suggested in San Marcos were great. My daughter felt like the princess she is.
    Heather Married on 12/08/2012
    4.8 out of 5 rating
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Our wedding was beautiful. Cathy and her staff were warm, helful, and friendly!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Jennifer Married on 10/20/2007
    4.6 out of 5 rating
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    This place is a great value and they do their own catering. They take care of all the rentals (Chairs, tents, tables, etc) and the food was amazing! They are very kind and courteous and worked with me to make sure my day was perfect. If you're looking for a cozy, outdoor, garden wedding, this place is pefect!
    Vernon A. Married on 01/19/2013
    4.5 out of 5 rating
      3.5 out of 5 rating
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    This was the perfect venue for our wedding/reception. The owners did a great job of providing what we wanted. The reception meal was catered by Crystal River Inn-and it was a definite 5-star meal! Fantastic.
  • User2149902 2+ years ago
      4.0 out of 5 rating
    Great venue to have your wedding! Very pretty and accommodates more than you would think. I had a good experience, but it was sometimes stressful.
    Efren Married on 08/20/2016
      0.5 out of 5 rating
    DONT DO IT!! Absolutely the worst decision I ever made was to have my wedding here. If your reading this take it seriously they will be pushing to get this review down just like the one I wrote after my wedding. The food was eh, they took it away before we could even get seconds (buffet style). We paid for so many additions that were not given, or we're half-assed like my bartender who mysteriously disappeared less than halfway through the reception. Consider this a siest and desist if they are using pictures from my beauty and the beast wedding. They did not ask permission nor do they deserve credit for it since me and my family did all the decorations set up and prep work.. just don't waste your money.

Crystal River Inn's reply:

I'm sorry for your unhappy experience, Efren. As you no doubt remember, yours was a short-notice event (less than 5 weeks if memory serves) and we were so proud of ourselves that we succeeded! It was indeed an extraordinary wedding, with Disney costumes and decor that we could only stand back and admire because you are right, they were not our creations. Please be assured that we have not used your theme or photos in our advertising. As for the food, beverage, and service complaints, they are most unusual. Food is never removed before all have had a chance to come back for seconds; beverage servers always remain until the music is off; and our people work very hard to create a memorable event. You have my profound apologies that in this case, we failed to measure up. blessings, Cathy Dillon, owner/wedding coordinator