Crystal Genes Photography Reviews

Crystal Genes Photography 4
Crystal Genes Photography 5
Crystal Genes Photography 6
Crystal Genes Photography 7

We couldn't have had a more perfect experience with wedding photography, above what Crystal Genes provided. The value, her attitude and the most gorgeous photos I have ever seen make me so glad that we chose her. Even today, six months after our wedding, we still receive so much support from her as we are experimenting with the types of photos we want to display in our home. Saying that she goes the extra mile is an understatement. Thank you Crystal, for an amazing experience and product!!!

Sent on 12/27/2014
  • Brooke Lilly Le Toler

Brooke · Married on 06/14/2014

I was a bit worried at first with the prices, but WOW, she is WORTH IT. She was extremely flexible (especially since I booked her so close to our wedding date) and fun to work with! The quality of her work is outstanding. I would recommend her 100%.

Sent on 06/27/2014

Janessa · Married on 04/25/2014

My husband and I cannot even put into words how amazing Crystal Genes Photography is! She went above and beyond a photographer's call of duty and the results reflected her dedication and creativity. Crystal has given us a magical gift. Her creativity and style are unique and we couldn't have asked for better photos. She worked with our schedule, our budget, and was extremely organized. We could tell that she absolutely loves her job and puts all of her heart into it. Thank you, Crystal, for capturing our perfect day in a way no one else ever could!

Sent on 05/14/2014

Alex · Married on 11/09/2013

Crystal was one of the most amazing photographers I have ever worked with. Her responsiveness and ability to answer my questions in a timely fashion was amazing. She made me feel truly special and captured my day perfectly. Me and my husband didn't know what we were doing and frankly felt super awkward taking photos together, but Crystal made it feel natural and I feel beyond blessed by how great they turned out.

Jennifer · Married on 10/26/2013

Crystal is an amazing photographer! We were so pleased with her work and creativity.

Sent on 11/29/2013

Emily · Married on 10/18/2013

Crystal was top notch! She was always available via email to answer questions and help when we needed her. Even though our wedding location required that she travel from her studio, arranging this was hassle free and she was flexible to work with our plans. She was well organized, attentive to the style and feel of our event, and most importantly her photos are absolutely stunning. I would definitely recommend her to any brides-to-be.

• Lindsey

Lindsey · Married on 08/10/2013

Crystal Genes did our engagement and wedding photographs this year and everyone who has seen the photos is more than impressed!! She is more than a photographer, she truly tells a story with her photographs. My husband and I will use her for any and all events in the future that we need photographs taken of. I would recommend her to anybody!

Sent on 08/24/2013

Alice · Married on 06/30/2013

Crystal is an incredible photographer and my husband and I were thrilled with our wedding photos along with our engagement photos! I would recommend Crystal Genes to anyone. We even booked 2 more sessions to take family photos with her! She was timely and responsive to any and all questions we had and also was very flexible with location and timing of everything. She went above and beyond for us and captured some of our most precious memories from our wedding day. She even went to the venue several days before to scout for good photo spots since our timeline was a little crunched. Crystal was very professional and her customer service was so good. We got several little "surprises" in the mail from her and we were impressed by her thoughtfulness and attention to detail. I will use her again and I would recommend her to any couple looking for a wedding photographer.

Thank you so much Crystal! We will see you at our next session!

Jennifer · Married on 05/11/2013

Crystal not only was a great photographer, but she was there for me to help me make some decisions while I was planning my wedding. I did not have a planner so I was grateful to get advice from someone who knows the industry well. Her main focus was making sure that day was everything I wanted so that capturing those moments would be authentic and beautiful. I feel lucky to have had a great photographer and friend there with me on that day.

Valerie · Married on 05/04/2013

My now husband and I were first introduced to Crystal's work when I was in a friend's wedding in the summer of 2012. We'd been looking for a photographer and my husband has an eye for these things so I trusted his opinion above all others. He was so impressed with how Crystal captured our friend's wedding, we immediately contacted her and booked her for our wedding because she still had our date free (lucky us!).

Even though we live in neither North Carolina nor Oregon, Crystal happened to be passing through our home state and we were able to have an amazing engagement session with her. From it we gained not only beautiful photos but got to know her style and I knew we'd be more comfortable on the big day.

When our wedding day finally arrived, Crystal was prompt, calm and genuine, professional and sweet. I never felt rushed but I knew Crystal was always at the helm and I trusted her as she created the story of our wedding day. She didn't ask us to go through endless silly poses, opting for more natural interactions with our wedding party and guests.

The photos were stunning. She captured all of the important moments and so many candid ones of our guests. She's putting together a beautiful photo album for us that I know we'll treasure forever. I highly recommend Crystal Genes Photography for your big day!

Sent on 08/19/2013
  • Elizabeth Dobson

Elizabeth Dobson · Married on 11/10/2012

Absolutely amazing photography!!! We could not have asked for a better photographer or better experience. Crystal Genes Photography took care of our engagements session, bridal session, and entire wedding day and we were more than pleased with the quality of work and service. This vendor truly cares about the customer and is interested in building a relationship with clients in addition to shooting great photographs. We would recommend this vendor to any of our family and friends. You will not regret this selection!

Sent on 11/27/2012

Leslie · Married on 07/14/2012

Crystal Genes is truly the BEST in photography! Crystal has done several sessions for us, most recently our engagement photos. Unfortunately, I didn't have the luxury of having her photograph our wedding since it was out of the country however, our engagement photos were better than our wedding photography. Crystal's talent exceeds others in the field and that is obvious if you look at her work. She is an expert at capturing the person she is photographing as well as capturing the moment. Our portraits have exceeded our expectations every time. Crystal is an expert, artistic genius and I'm fortunate to have had the opportunity to work with her. She will certainly be our photographer for all the upcoming events in our lives.

Sent on 12/27/2013

Molly · Married on 05/11/2012

If I could rate Crystal as a 110, I would. She was so phenomenal to work with and captured the most beautiful moments throughout our engagement and wedding. She traveled across country with her associate and worked tirelessly for two days straight. Every photo we wanted, she was sure to take. Crystal just went above and beyond. We just viewed our wedding preview slideshow and that blew us away, along with every other person who had the opportunity to view it. Thank you, Crystal. You're immensely talented and we hope for more occasions to work with you again.

Molly and Bobby Dean 5.11.12

Sent on 05/14/2012

Lindsay · Married on 10/22/2011

Crystal and Ben were fantastic. They took the most creative pictures and my husband and I couldn't believe how beautiful we looked. Every picture was perfect. We will treasure these pictures forever!

Sent on 01/11/2012

Marcia · Married on 10/16/2011

I have known Crystal for many years and seen her talent grow.. She is so very professional and couldn't be kinder in making you feel as comfortable as possible. Her photographs will amaze you -- the way she is able to capture the moment is absolutely incredible! She provided my preview within a matter of days. Any of you that are looking for the right photographer, you will never regret the decision of selecting Crystal. I promise.

Sent on 01/05/2012

Stephanie · Married on 10/01/2011

Crystal is an awesome wedding photographer. She put us at ease during the shoot, we actually had a lot of fun posing. The pictures turned out beautifully. Crystal has an amazing eye for color, detail, and framing of the pictures. She provided us with top notch service, and was a joy to work with personally and professionally.

Sent on 01/05/2012

Kellie · Married on 06/25/2011

Crystal and Ben did our engagement photos, I haven't seen the finished product yet, but they were amazingly fun and friendly. They made my husband and I feel super comfortable, and we enjoyed every single second of our session. I would recommend them to anyone and everyone, but find out for yourselfs.

Sent on 06/27/2011

Abi · Married on 06/04/2011

It was really wonderful working with both Crystal and Ben. They photographed every detail of our wedding. And really captured all of the emotions of the day. We received so many wonderful compliments on their work from "your photographer really captured the love between you" to "just by looking at your pictures I feel like I was there." If you are looking to capture the story of your wedding and not just some snap shots Crystal Genes Photography should be at the top of your wedding vendor list.

Sent on 12/17/2011

Sabrina · Married on 04/23/2011

One of the best things we did for our Puerto Rico destination wedding was to fly in a hometown photographer. Crystal was amazing. Having someone we had already worked with on our engagement shoot made the wedding day much more relaxed because we already knew we could trust her.

We worked with her from our engagement shoot, to our wedding day photography and a day after shoot. Every person who has seen our photos has been amazed by the lighting, angles and special moments she was able to capture.

I could not have been happier.

Sent on 08/11/2011

Brandi · Married on 10/02/2010

wedding photography is SO important and can be so hit or miss...but crystal and her staff are just really fantastic. the entire process from beginning to end was smooth and easy. crystal even sent us a box full of goodies once we signed our contract with her! we got a complimentary engagement session which i thought was very cool. i was very into the details of my wedding (spent a LOT of time on the small things) and crystal & her staff captured every bit of it so perfectly. crystal and becky got so many great shots and we didn't even notice they were there! i got many, many compliments on our photos and people went out of their way to tell us what a great photographer we had. her work can be classic and creative at the same time. i feel like she really reads couples well and can create a "look" based on what the couple is going for. and she's affordable to boot! i would highly recommend crystal genes photography to any bride.

Sent on 10/28/2010

Christina · Married on 09/11/2010

What can I say about Crystal Genes Photography that has not already been said about her work a million times?! Crystal went above and beyond to capture our engagements, bridals, and wedding day coverage. She was so easy to work with and knows how to make you comfortable in front of the camera. She was so great in working with a budget that she customized a photo plan that fit everything we wanted. I cannot express how amazing the pictures are! She also has the pictures ready to view in a timely manner (which is great for anxious brides)! I have and will continue to recommend her to anyone needing pictures done.

Sent on 11/06/2010

Lisa · Married on 05/15/2010

I do not even have the words to express how much my husband and I enjoyed working with Crystal. First and foremost, her work is unbelievable! We were overwhelmed by our engagement and wedding photographs. They were absolutely beautiful!! She paid great attention to details - quick notes of encouragement, regular correspondence regarding sessions and pictures, beautifull wrapped products - which always impressed us. I could not possibly give a higher recommendation!!!

Sent on 06/04/2010

Kayla · Married on 03/13/2010

Crystal Gene's Photography was wonderful. She listened to what I wanted and made sure that she captured all those precious moments. She was also very organized and had a timeline to help us stay on track and in order for her to be there to catch all the priceless and special memories. We wanted a photobooth for our guests and she and her accomplices made sure to set one up with all the hilarious props to go with. We had a blast and all of the pictures that we have will help us to make our memories last a lifetime. We definitely look forward to future memories that will need to be captured..i.e...babies that will be coming down the road...and we cannot wait to book Crystal Gene's Photography for these special moments to come. Thanks!

Sent on 08/09/2010
  • Thistle

Emily · Married on 10/17/2009

I hired Crystal for post-wedding portrait shoot because I wanted to take some creative shots after the wedding before I put away the dress. Take a look here: http://crystalgenes.wordpress.com/2009/11/18/rockclimbing-hanging-rock-nc-bridal-session/. Crystal was such a trooper, although not a rock climber like my husband and I, she lugged all of her photo equipment to the top of this mountain and maneuvered around at the top to take some amazing shots of us. I just love how artistic her photographs are.

Sent on 01/22/2010

Rebecca · Married on 10/10/2009

Crystal really and truly strives to capture your best, REAL moments without breaking up the fluidity of your day. When reviewing our pictures, we wondered how she got some of her best shots, because honestly, we didn't even notice her there! Even our bridal party shots were very raw and honest, which we really appreciated. Our thanks to Crystal (and Erin) for capturing details for a lifetime!

Sent on 11/08/2009