Cruiseport Gloucester Reviews

Cruiseport Gloucester 3
Cruiseport Gloucester 4
Cruiseport Gloucester 5

Tania · Married on 10/09/2010

Beautiful venue, great service, accommodating, and affordable. We loved Tammie!

Sent on 11/15/2011

From Day one The Cruiseport has been phenomenal! They have been nothing but professional and accommodating to my fiancé and I. We can not wait to celebrate out wedding here in May 2016!

Sent on 02/02/2015

Our wedding was everything I had hoped for, and with a short engagement and a limited time frame, our coordinator Bridget was wonderful! The venue is stunning, and she made sure no detail was overlooked. She was also very flexible and worked with us to make sure everything was ready and perfect for our big day. All of the staff at Cruiseport were great to work with, and the caterers (Vinwood) did an amazing job. All our guests were very happy with the food. If you are looking for a responsive, professional, and high-quality experience for your big day, Cruiseport was well worth the investment.

Sent on 09/25/2013

Lorena · Married on 06/09/2018

Everything was just amazing

Where to begin…
    A very special thank you to Francesca for her amazing work she did for my wedding day. I met her at the Cruiseport wedding expo, which I definitely recommend going to. The food is amazing and even to this day my husband says we are still attending the expo just for the food. But in all honestly, they have one of the best wedding expos I have been too. With not much of an idea what needs to be done for that one special day, Francesca directed me in the right path. Any question I had she was very prompt to answer and help with anything I needed. She was very detail oriented and made the process very easy for us. I just cannot say enough good things about her…loved her!
    The venue itself is just beautiful and modern, love the hardwood floor! The food is amazing especially the braised short rib that we got so many compliments on, I definitely recommend it!! Francesca was very amenable and willing to work with us and all our special requests. In all honestly, I loved it there and not because that is where I had my wedding, but because everything was just amazing.
    LORENA AND EVAN

Sent on 10/28/2018

Denise · Married on 05/19/2018

Truly amazing venue! Exceeded my expectations and Rachel was amazing !! The staff were all super friendly and helpful and I loved all the attention to little details that night ! They went above and beyond !

Sent on 05/28/2018

Tamar · Married on 05/22/2016

Where do I start? The venue itself is absolutely beautiful. The staff is incredibly kind and attentive, making sure we got fed. The food was fantastic, and our wedding coordinator went above and beyond her job. Such a beautiful place for an affordable price.

Sent on 08/08/2016

Autumn · Married on 12/31/2015

First Venue we Toured and We booked it as soon as we got home. The venue itself is gorgeous. The staff was extremely attentive and quick to respond to questions or emails. Only downfall was it was a little pricey.

Sent on 01/20/2016

Pauline · Married on 07/27/2013

We had our wedding at Cruiseport Gloucester and it was wonderful. Our wedding coordinator (event manager) was Bridget Jaramillo, We live in San Diego California so planning from 3000 was difficult in general but Bridget was very accommodating to our situation, planning all our meeting with our trips back to Mass as well as meetings on the phone. Bridget was fantastic with email, always quick to respond and always super helpful. Even when my parents had questions for her (they had to use email as well) Bridget was always on top of responding! Cruiseport is a beautiful venue, huge windows, vaulted ceilings, and a beautiful view. Everything looks brand new. We got many compliments on the venue itself. The house linens and dinnerware was so beautiful, there really isn't a need to upgrade.
    I think the only thing I wish is during our planning stage we were told they would box up our dinners for us, although we ate a bite here and there I would have loved to have taken the rest home to enjoy which we didn't receive. What was nice though is during cocktail hour they brought up the apps and signature drinks for the bridal party to enjoy.
    I highly recommend this venue, Bridget is great and I've also met the other event manager Ellen who seems just as wonderful as Bridget. This venue, is new, modern, and beautiful, we loved that it was on the water. Gloucester is a great town, with a lot of history, great beaches and great food. Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful place for a wedding reception!!!

Sent on 08/11/2013

Melissa · Married on 05/18/2013

I hate to not give Cruiseport a perfect rating because our wedding was PERFECT, but we did have a few communication issues throughout the planning process- mostly just people not responding to questions for a week or so. But in the end, the day was seamless! We never had to worry about a thing- they had everything under control. We never heard no to a single request- they made everything we wanted happen.
    Great value- it is a beautiful venue with an AMAZING caterer and no hidden fees. They were completely up front with every penny and you get so much for your money.

Sent on 06/09/2013

Heather · Married on 10/08/2011

We could not have been happier with how our wedding turned out and with the entire staff at cruiseport! Everyone was friendly and professional! They were eager and willing to accommodate our unusual requests( like the after wedding boat cruise ) and everything went off perfectly! Everyone was very helpful and responded to emails and phone calls quickly. Thank you all so so much!
    Sincerely,
    Heather and Bill Entwistle

Sent on 11/27/2011

Ashley · Married on 08/03/2013

Cruise Port was amazing! Everyone cant stop talking about how beautiful it was! And ellen is amaze! Thanks

Sent on 08/17/2013
  • Susie

Susie · Married on 11/24/2018

We are so thankful to the staff

The Cruiseport was the most amazing venue to host our big day. The staff and our Coordinator Kelsey were so professional and responsive to our 100 questions leading up to the big day. They covered every detail and every request. They managed decorations, children running around and even my grandfather in a wheelchair. The food was amazing and we had no mishaps. They handled our 200 guests with tact and ease. Kelsey was on top of everything and very transparent throughout the wedding planning process. The thing that we thought was great was how the team at Cruiseport made us feel like Brian and I were the only ones that mattered. They handled EVERYTHING and we got to dance the night away without a worry. If I could do it all again, I would and wouldn't change a thing.

Sent on 12/07/2018

Wonderful experience. Wonderful team to work with. Everything was perfect.

Sent on 03/10/2014

Laura · Married on 08/14/2010

I found Cruiseport online and had a gut feeling that it was the place I wanted to have my wedding. I live in Maryland but am originally from the North Shore of Massachusetts. When my husband and I got engaged in Mass. it was just days before leaving for Singapore for work for 3 months. So if he wanted to be involved in choosing our venue we had to do it the very next day. We showed up at Cruiseport on a whim and Pam happily showed us around and spent an hour with us without an appointment. I was trying not to get my heart set on it, but I knew it was the right place. Initially we were disappointed at the limited availability, but it was a good sign and the date worked out perfectly in the end.

Being long distance my mom was a local contact person and Tamie and Liz were both helpful and respectful of our unusual situation - long distance bride and a groom who is out of touch for months at a time due to his job on merchant ships. They were flexible in terms of shifting the location of furniture and allowing us to bring in a tv for a slideshow and all sorts of things. We brought in all of our decor (which was a lot!) a couple days ahead of time and they set it all up. When we booked our venue Vinwood was not the exclusive caterer but we chose them anyway. If you are hesitant to not be able to choose your own caterer, I understand, but they did it for a reason - Vinwood is awesome and the fact that they work together all the time means they have every detail worked out perfectly.

Aside from the staff, we chose Cruiseport because it of the location and ballroom. The room is so beautiful and the view (although it is mostly fishing vessels) is great, and the deck was perfect for our summer afternoon/evening wedding. We had a live band and neither my parents or I were first there, but someone had the great idea of having our musicians play on the deck during cocktail hour and if it was Tamie or Liz's idea, it was a great one!

All around great experience.

Sent on 08/29/2010

Catherine · Married on 06/05/2010

From the moment I walked in, I knew this was the place! I was looking for something updated, on the water, with nice bathrooms, a/c, and free parking! We worked with Tamie and Liz and they were very helpful and accommodating to my multiple emails and requests. Tamie has a way to make you feel so calm even if she is asking you a million questions and you don't the answer! She is so reassuring that everything will work out. Towards the end when I had many many emails the repsonses started to get slow and being the bride, I started to get nervous. Especially because Tamie was due to give birth any day! A call reassured me they had received all my information. I guess as a bride you have to remember you are not the only wedding and they will focus on you soon enough!

What is really nice is that Liz (Tamie was very pregnant at the time of the wedding!) was practically a DOC. We were able to drop off our stuff the night of the rehearsal with directions and everything was set up when we arrived for the big day. They also made sure to package everything away for us when the night was over. Liz made sure to keep track of time for stuff like cake cutting etc and made sure everyone was organized. We were able to use the downstairs as a hang out for the bridal party. The only minor thing I will point out is my husband had bought sunglasses for all his groomsmen and got extra so they could pick. The remaining pairs were left downstairs (as was a lot of our extra stuff) and at the end of the night, someone had opened the boxes and taken out all the sunglasses. Now this could have been anyone but I wish I had made sure everything of value was really locked away in a suitcase or something. One plus about having the whole venue for ourselves was that I didn't have to worry about random people coming in, etc but this sort of put a damper on the night. Lesson learned!
    Overall, the venue was really great and I recommend it!

Sent on 06/30/2010
  • User3419185 · 2+ years ago

Everything came together very nicely and the day went exactly as planned.

Sent on 05/13/2014

After searching through over 300 venues online, I immediately fell in love with this venue. It was the first venue I looked at and I booked it that day. I spoke with Bridget- who is a Cruiseport wedding expert and genius-- I immediately fell in love and safe with my wedding in her hands. Months after booking my venue, I was placed in the hands of another wedding coordinator (out of the blue when I went to my food tasting)- the woman spoke 2 words to me and as the months went by, I finally received an email from her to book our first meeting. Upon going to our first meeting, I was surprised to find that my coordinator QUIT and I was placed with someone new-- Kathryn (NO one told me prior to me our meeting so for the first 30 minutes of our meeting I was lost, confused and asking a lot of questions that seemed to be left unanswered). I don't believe that it was Kathryn's fault because it seemed as though she just got my wedding 5 minutes prior to my arrival for that meeting. Every question I asked was left unanswered, I left the meeting feeling jumbled and frustrated. Again I don't think it was Kathryn's fault, I feel like we were in the same boat of confusion and frustration with the situation. We then had our final meeting and I felt much better, Kathryn really tried to make our wedding special for me and even though I felt uneasy that she was able to capture the vision I had created in my head, I WAS COMPLETELY WRONG. Kathryn (with a broken foot) did an amazing job-- everything was in it's place and perfect-- just the way I pictured it. There was a minor mess up with our "tax" that I caught by doing the math on my own (we were charged more than we should have been). My mother was disappointed that our dessert was not served to our guests, and that no one ate from our sliders bar late night because it was hidden in the corner--- but I still loved my wedding and could not picture having had it anywhere else.

Sent on 08/05/2013

3.0

Cruiseport was very easy to work with and is a beautiful venue, only con - a little frustrated I had 4 different wedding coordinators during the time I booked with Cruiseport and my wedding (about a year and 7 months) but I will say although my emails weren't answered often if I called the venue I was always able to get an answer. I will say I had the pleasure to meet Ellen at our rehearsal dinner and she was amazing. She is very warm and bubbly and did a fantastic job at our wedding- she remembered all the small requests during our ceremony and reception and I would highly recommend her.

Sent on 07/24/2013

4.2
      3.5
      3.0

Cruiseport was a beautiful place to have our reception and everyone was helpful!

Sent on 08/19/2013
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 07/27/2011

4.2
      3.0

I fell in love with Cruiseport the moment I saw it. My husband and I wanted to have a vow renewal on our two year anniversary (we eloped) and booking Cruiseport two year in advance didn't help us, We had to book the week before. If you have a date in mind, book right away, they book fast. The hall itself is absolutely amazing. Very romantic. We had both our ceremony and reception here. My only complaint about Cruiseport is all the "hidden" costs. We opted out of the $600 divider curtain (I have better things to spend $600 on) and everything still looked pretty, table clothes and napkins in various colors also cost extra. bigger tables are $15 extra, having a ceremony on site costs extra... The people at Cruiseport are friendly and easy to work with.

Everyone loved the food, and Cruiseport even offered a tasting a few months before the ceremony. It really helped when it came time to choose a menu. We chose to do stations, and everyone raved about the food.

We also stayed on site for photographs, the pictures with the fishing boats in the background came out awesome!

Overall, it was a great experience working with Cruiseport, but be prepared for the added costs of all the little things. It really adds up!

Sent on 08/27/2013

ELLEN WAS GREAT THANK YOU! I WISH THE FOOD THAT WAS PRESENTED THAT DAY WAS MORE LIKE THE FOOD AT THE TASTING.

Sent on 11/29/2013
  • Samira

Samira Malhotra · Married on 10/06/2019

3.8

Beautiful Venue

I loved the Cruiseport from the moment I saw it. I was so impressed with the event coordinator we were originally placed with. Then we had a change in coordinators and I wasn’t so impressed. The second event coordinator pulled off the actual wedding day beautifully and I’m so thankful, but the communication wasn’t the best. I often waited 3-4 sometimes a week before receiving a response. I’ve had to send a follow up email for a response as well. also, the night of the wedding, my family and i only saw her during the structured parts of the reception. Any time we needed something outside of those times, we had to ask the bartender or one of the servers to help us. I had to wait a few different times to get into the bridal suite and this was frustrating.

Sent on 10/12/2019

Elise · Married on 06/27/2014

2.8
      1.5

Don't get me wrong. I live and die for the actual venue itself, but a few things to be warned about. The catering staff was extremely rude , and I had complaints from over a dozen family members regarding the service and etiquette (we are not fancy people but appreciate manners). Every meeting was extremely rushed and information would change slightly meeting to meeting. My notes did not match the planners notes , but her figures and facts trumped mine as she was in charge. Our wedding rehearsal walk through was extremely rushed and we all felt like we had no direction and as if the planner did not want to be there which increased everyone's anxiety afterwards. "I have no idea where to stand or how we walk tomorrow" I kept hearing. I explained where I wanted details , such as family photos and different decorations, and they were not where the planner swore they would be. You could tell she wasn't listening when I was explaining anyway the night before.

The night of I know there is a time table to keep but that was also like being rushed like cattle from station to station without a smiling or slightly happy looking event planner behind us. One who was irritable and checking her watch. The one point in the night I got to use the bathroom I opened the stall to see her there hurrying me out to what was next.
    The next day I came to pick up the remaining decorations etc as discussed to find them haphazardly boxed , with many items broken and now unusuble.
    I think with a different planner it would have been a better experience. And also get everything at every meeting in writing because you will come up with extra fees and lots of discrepancies at the end- the last thing you want to deal with the week before your wedding !

Sent on 09/02/2014

2.8
      1.5
      2.5

Our vendor rushed our wedding, so much that we as the bride and groom did not get to eat. We went to a local restaurant after for dinner. Our guests complained that the waitstaff took their food and drinks before they were finished eating and drinking, many left early thinking that we only reserved the hall for a short time because they felt so rushed. They made us cut the cake before everyone was served even after us explaining to them that half the hall hadn't received their food yet. From what the guests state the food was excellent, but like I said we didn't get to eat because as we were served we were also told we had to cut the cake, when we returned to our seats our food was gone. It was a beautiful venue, but the staff was rude to our guests and the entire event was rushed which made it a very unenjoyable wedding. When we reached out to the venue, we were told sorry you felt that way and that's about it

Sent on 04/21/2014

Cruiseport Gloucester's reply:

We are in the process of working with the caterer on resolving this catering issue. The buffet dinner was out for the allotted time of 1.5 hours, and we apologize if any guests felt rushed. We work very hard to ensure every detail and timeline is perfect both during planning and on the evening of the wedding.

2.4
      1.0
      0.0

A beautiful venue with great off-season rates. Excellent outside catering company (Vinwood Catering).

Brides and Grooms who are looking for a venue that takes care of you both all night, this is not the place for you.

We had a wonderful time, as it was our wedding… but the level of service and professionalism of the Cruiseport Gloucester staff was absolutely atrocious. Our guests were charged for drinks during our open bar (although supposedly money was returned to them, how embarrassing!), our Wedding Coordinator on-site made rude comments about our Wedding Party and Guests to us during the night, and so on. Throughout the planning process we just felt rushed and insignificant.

Considering most venues rely heavily on their customer’s experience, we just could not believe how we were treated when we approached the staff about our bad experiences post-wedding.
    Coming from a couple who wouldn’t send a burnt steak dinner back at a restaurant, you can imagine it took a lot for us to complain. But it wasn’t even worth doing so, because we just received a lot of excuses and run around, and then to the point where the venue made it sound like it was our fault that we had this experience and “we should just be happy that we are married now”. My husband and I worked very hard to pay for our wedding on our own, so this just made things disappointing and frustrating, and to put it back on us like we were just complaining to complain was very disheartening.

We have our happily ever after together and that’s all that matters, this is just something to think about while reading all of these fantastic reviews… I wouldn’t change a thing looking back because our wedding was beautiful, we had a great time and the food was excellent… Just keep the expectation bar low when it comes to service & professionalism.

Sent on 07/14/2014