Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Reviews

42 | Herndon, VA

42 Reviews for Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport

Jennifer Warhurst · Married on 09/25/2010

We had our ceremony and reception at the Crowne Plaza Dulles and it was perfect! We were working with Jay Bhalla, and the quick and attentive service he gave us from start to finish was unbelievable. He listened and executed all of our wants and wishes beautifully. He even made sure he saw me to the door before I walked down the aisle! The hotel looked amazing! The service was excellent and the food delicious, and all at such a reasonable price! Crowne Plaza made our wedding day dreams come true and we would highly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 10/15/2010

HARI · Married on 08/14/2010

It was amazing! too good. Very well organized, arranged and great team work. Everyone appreciated very much. Special thanks to Mr Jay Bhalla for working with us right from the begining and made our day. We will never forget ...always remember....special thanks to My Jay as well the entire staff.

Sent on 08/17/2010

Ann · Married on 06/05/2010

I was very skeptical about using Crowne Plaza at the beginning for my wedding reception but I must say I have no regrets.Jay Bhalla was a pleasure to work with. He responded to my e-mails in a timely manner and was very flexible in meeting all our numerous requests. He was simply the best vendor we worked with!

On the day of the wedding, the staff looked very smart, the food was good and the service was excellent. We couldn't be happier with the way things turned out. A very big thank you to Jay and his team for a job well done!

Sent on 06/30/2010

Sonjay · Married on 02/02/2010

Jay Bhalla and Raul Laredo were both delightful and extremely helpful in making this a pleasing experience!

Sent on 03/26/2010

Nichole · Married on 09/19/2009

Jay made this experience one of the easiest. I had heard many horror stories but I was put to ease. He was patient and walked me through everything. He has many many contacts to assist in your preparation, take him up on it. The DJ he recommended was phenominal. I just I taken his advice on the photographer. Melissa was also incredible. We had to block off rooms, and she made that easy. When we went over our block, no worries she just added more.

Thank you again Jay and Melissa for helping to make my wedding the day I had always dreamed of, we will definitely use you guys again.

Sent on 10/01/2009

Michelle · Married on 08/01/2009

We were extremely happy with the quality of service the Crowne Plaza provided. Jay Bhalla went above and beyond to ensure all of our needs were met and was a joy to work with! The food was excellent, the staff was very professional, and the hotel was very accomodating to all of our guests. The Crowne Plaza was very reasonable providing a low room rate for our wedding block, a reception including a cocktail hour and dinner, and buffet breakfast the following morning at half the price of competitor hotels without lacking any service. We highly recommend the Crowne Plaza...do yourself a favor and check it out!!

Sent on 08/09/2009

harish · Married on 06/27/2009

the service was excellent and prompt and the managers were always there to help

Sent on 06/30/2009

Mary · Married on 05/30/2009

Perfect wedding, perfect reception, perfect food, perfect service, perfectly convenient location, perfect price. Best value in Northern Virginia/DC area, and I looked into them all and have been to many, many weddings. Jay Bhalla, Oscar Borda, Melissa Geter, and their staffs, treated us as if they had been waiting all their lives to celebrate our wedding reception. As I asked for many, many details, they smiled and accommodated every request. They smiled because they knew the quality of the product they were providing, but I had no idea. The food was excellent, hot, more than plentiful, constantly replenished even late in the evening. The wait staff followed every request quickly, consistently and cheerfully. The reception hall for our 223 guests was lovely, with chairs so nice that we did not need rental covers. Many extras were provided free of charge, including an extra hour of ballroom use, table decor, and even an extra entree for the buffet. We originally chose Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport because it had a hotel so our guests could stay at the reception site. It is not on the airport grounds, but a free shuttle took our guests the five minute ride from the airport. Several rooms were provided gratis for the bridesmaids to prepare and stay the night before the wedding and for the bride and groom (beautiful suite, they told me) that night. An onsite pub and restaurant, Houlihan's, was perfect for the "after-party" and was so convenient and safe for our lively young guests. Outside the banquet hall was an outdoor seating area, very convenient for guests to take a break. The Herndon Festival fireworks display added to the fun! The restrooms were Ritz Carleton quality, with mirrors, marble, shoe-buffers and general luxury. The ballroom was very convenient to the covered parking area, a real gift for handicapped guests.
    The value for the money had to be the best in three states/districts. The complete buffet dinner, with several hours of open bar, champagne toast, cocktail reception, and an elegant ballroom with professional servers, and with all taxes and gratuities included, came to nearly half the same services would be at other northern Virginia venues. My husband, a Ph.D. in economics, was amazed at the value. The only thing the Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport lacked was the "country club view," but, once it gets dark, why should one pay double for a view that is invisible? The convenience of the Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport, which is actually in Herndon, probably accounts for the lack of a view, but the physical comfort/convenience that this facility has makes up for it in many, many dollars saved. I wish I had another daughter so I could use the Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport for another wedding!

Sent on 08/10/2009

James · Married on 04/15/2009

The Crowne Plaza Dulles was great!
    They were easy to work with and very accommodating.
    Always got immediate responses to questions and everyone was awesome to work with. The food was exceptional and we had many compliments that it was the best food they've had at a wedding! Overall a excellent day and a great venue, thanks.

Sent on 04/19/2009

Chrisitne · Married on 10/25/2008

The Crowne Plaza Dulles was great! They were easy to work with and very accomodating!! Always got immediate responses to questions and everyone was awesome to work with. The food was exceptional and we had many compliments that it was the best food they've had at a wedding!!

Sent on 11/04/2008

Erin · Married on 08/16/2008

Jay Bahla at the Crowne Plaza was great. He was very helpful and accomodating. The food was great and the venue was beautiful. It was newly rennovated and perfect. I would definitely reccommend Jay and the Crowne Plaza to anyone who is looking for a venue.

Sent on 09/26/2008

Ashley · Married on 05/19/2007

Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport was literally 3 minutes from my Wedding Ceremony. It was CONVENIENT for me, my wedding party, and my guests. The atmosphere was astonishing! I'd recommend it to anyone who are looking for something classy and gorgeous, at the right price!

Sent on 10/12/2009

Dominique · Married on 07/11/2009

Dealing with the Jay Balla, catering manager, was great! And when he went out of town, Tim, his back up, was very helpful. The only problem I had was with the Sales and Reservations with the blocking of rooms for my guests. Overall I still will recommend this site to anyone. We had a lot of fun and everything turned out great!

Sent on 07/26/2009

Carrie · Married on 12/10/2005

3.5

They were wonderful to work with, the ballroom was beautiful and the prices were fair.

Sent on 01/25/2007
  • User5074492 · event on 04/25/2015

3.5

The team that worked with my family was great. We even had a tasting and the display was so beautiful and the service was excellent. We will be hosting more events here because the price was great as well.

Sent on 05/13/2015

Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Our team is our best asset and we look forward to working with you on your other family events.

Lopa · event on 06/13/2015

4.2

Event co-ordinator was very responsive and helpful and made sure the event ran timely and smoothly. Overall she was amazing. Catering was extremely good. Support staff were helpful throughout. Decor was beautifully done.

Sent on 06/27/2015

Hector · Married on 07/29/2017

0.4
      0.5

I celebrated my sons bday on 7/29 at the Crowne plaza in Herndon, and had a bad experience, Rene Tercero was so rude and not respectful, I ask him about my drinks(Coca) and told me to go but it at the bar but on my package drinks were included (except for arcoholic) I only had around 60 people instead of 145 I ask him if could take some home b/c my wife was tired and didn't want to cook next day for lunch and told us NO I'm a bad way, and to finish...my reservation was until 11:30 so he was telling people to leave at 11 that he had to clean for the next day party
    I'm so disappointed all the money I pay and get treated like this..
    So I decided not to bring my and my family business to this hotels
    Hopefully this issues are resolved with employees , they should have more training

Sent on 07/30/2017