147 Reviews for Crossed Keys Estate

House Liquor (1)
Dance Floor (1)
Lighting (1)
147 Crossed Keys Estate Reviews

A little late on my review- me and my husband had our wedding reception here on a beautiful day in june 2017. Katherine and Jessica were both so amazing. We visted the venue on a cold winter day 1.5 years prior to 2017, and we could still imagine how lush and beautiful the place could be in june.
They were extremely accomodating and flexible for us, and made sure everything was as planned.
It's a family owned business so the communication from planning, arranging, and catering- everything in one stop! Super convinient and I highly recommend this venue. It is truly worth every penny.

Our day was more than perfect- and the guest could not stop talking about the beautiful venue and the FOOD (so much variety to choose from which i loved).

We been to weddings and were apart of few wedding parties so I understand how stressful and hectic it could be while planning and on the day of the wedding- but Crossed keys was truly extremely on schedule and made sure they delivered everything they needed!

Thank you- Katherine and Jessica and the family!

Profile Picture Yujin, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We could not be more grateful for having found and selected the Crossed Keys as the site for our perfect wedding. The setting was everything we could have dreamed of--in fact, it feels like a dreamlike place that couldn't exist in real life. The barn was a perfect place to get ready, the stone farmhouse was the perfect place to stay overnight, and the ceremony took place in the most perfect garden. Our guests raved about the venue and decor. And many, many of them (268 guests in total!) told us they thought the food was the best of any wedding they'd been to (unprompted).

We are so grateful for the painstaking care the whole Rodriguez family took of us. Not only did they help us to plan our wedding down to the last detail, they also provided our flowers and helped me to come up with and realize a vision. They used my favorited pins on Pinterest to get an idea of what I liked and helped me streamline from there. This was quite a task, because I was a sort of ambivalent bride when it came to details. I had not spent years imagining my wedding, so I didn't have a unified vision, except that I wanted the wedding to feel true to my then-fiance and I. Somehow, with minimal guidance, they helped me to craft the perfect day that was really true to us as a couple. Jessica even used an image of a tandem bike (that she must have seen on our wedding website) on our chalkboard menu board that she made. I told you, they got us down to the last detail!

I only didn't give a 5-start rating for flexibility because they require to use them as caterers, florists, and decorators. Again, this worked beautifully for us, and we were so thrilled to have used them for everything. But the rules are pretty firm about using outside vendors for any of the services.

We are so grateful for having chosen the CK Estate. It was our perfect venue.

Profile Picture Kate, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Crossed Keys is the perfect place to get married if you're looking for an outdoor wedding & reception! My husband and I fell in love with the venue the second we arrived. We loved how easy this part of the planning was since everything was in the same place. Using Event Designs by Katherine also took a lot of pressure off. While I probably could've found cheaper alternatives, they were very accommodating with our budget limitations, and not having to worry about it was well worth it!

Our ceremony took place in the tent since it started pouring 30 mins before the wedding, but everything worked out beautifully. Our guests said it was done so well, it didn't even feel like a Plan B! We had a scary moment when the best man had left the tea set for the ceremony in the Playhouse, and no one realized until we were lined up for the processional. After I walked down the aisle, I saw Jessica running back and forth in the rain from the tent to the playhouse trying to find it, and once she did, it was set up and ready for that part of the ceremony -- what a clutch moment!

Everything else was great! The fire pit wasn't set up for us even though it had stopped raining by that point, so that was a bit of a bummer, but all in all, we had a great time. There was always someone making sure my husband and I had food and drinks. Most importantly, we were able to relax and enjoy the party knowing that everything was in capable hands. Thank you for an incredible wedding, Crossed Keys!

Profile Picture User6255877, 2+ years ago, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Best wedding I have ever attended! And people who have been to other weddings since Emily and Adam's say theirs is the one to beat. Crossed Keys has set the bar very high for other venues!!

Profile Picture Margaret, 5/31/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Planning

We absolutely loved our wedding venue and the team at Crossed Keys Inn. The venue is STUNNING so that is a huge selling point right there. Katherine and her team are professional, talented and available for anything you need. They are extremely busy so at times their responsiveness is affected but leading up to your event they are extremely responsive so it was never an issue. Our guests all asked how we found such an amazing and unique venue and how beautiful the setting was. The reception tent is so beautiful and glamorous and classy -- EVERYONE was in awe (including us!).

Katherine (and her team) are so talented and experienced with weddings. She had so many amazing suggestions that we ended up incorporating into our beautiful day. Her services incorporated many traditional wedding planning services which was great given that we didn't have a separate wedding planner.

The food was amazing. Several of our guests raved about the appetizers and main courses. Engaged couples have been asking me about what kind of cake we had because it was so delicious. Literally everything was perfect the day of and we could not have asked for a more perfect setting or execution.

I HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND Crossed Keys for your wedding. The venue was definitely on the high-end of our budget but it was worth it!!

Profile Picture Hilary, 5/17/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Planning

We were married on 8/10/13 at Crossed Keys Inn - run by Katherine Rodriguez and her wonderful family - and could not have been happier with our experience. From the outset, Katherine and her daughter Jessica were lovely and incredibly helpful. Although we didn't know exactly what we wanted at first, Katherine and Jessica helped us pinpoint, fine tune and seamlessly execute our vision - a romantic, chic summer wedding, complete with antique books and furniture, and a touch a soft pink throughout. Jessica was incredibly flexible and did an unbelievable job with the elegant floral design and decor; the food, planned and prepared by Celso's Caterers (part of the family business and run by Katherine's husband and son), was delectable - from cocktail hour straight through to the beautiful cake and everything in between; and the day-of execution was incredibly professional, warm and loving. Katherine and Jessica stuck by us all day to ensure we had everything we needed, and although we know they worked incredibly hard that entire day, from our perspective, everything appeared as if it just flowed so naturally. Literally, every single guest came up to us at some point during the evening and said it was the most beautiful wedding they'd ever been to. We couldn't agree more! We had the exact day we had always dreamed of, full of great food, music, love and joy, and our entire family is still buzzing weeks after the event. PLUS...the inn, itself, is absolutely perfect. Both of our immediate families stayed at the inn the nights before and after the wedding and it felt as if we were all one big happy family, including our hosts. If you want a chic, beautiful, family-like experience in a venue that is completely unique and naturally breathtaking (our pictures are UNBELIEVABLE!), we HIGHLY recommend Crossed Keys Inn. With Katherine, Jessica and their entire family's help, It was an unbelievable experience that perfectly represented our style. It was worth every penny!!!

Profile Picture Jennifer & Jeremy, 8/10/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

I had the most magical wedding at Crossed Keys Inn. As an artist and crafty bride, I was able to execute the wedding of my dreams thanks to the fact that they allow you to have total creative freedom. Although it rained the entire day of our wedding you would never know it looking back at the photos. The grounds were greener, the gardens colorful, the light was beautiful, it was picture perfect. Our wedding was cozy and intimate under the giant white tent with our nearest and dearest friends and family. The after party in the playhouse was a bonus. A great ending to the most amazing day. We were even able to pull of gorgeous sparkler send off in the rain. Jessica helped to save some of my DIY projects from turning to disasters. The Rodriguez family really does go above and beyond to make your day unforgettable. Our guests are still talking about what a beautiful wedding it was and what a great time they had. I would highly recommend Crossed Keys Inn.

Profile Picture Sylvia, 7/28/12, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

We had our wedding at the Crossed Keys Inn in Andover, NJ this summer and it was truly a magnificent event. The location is absolutely pristine-- gorgeous gardens for the ceremony, a beautiful white tent for the reception, and a rustic barn for the after-party. All of which is surrounded by acres of farmland. Our wedding day was perfect and we owe it to all the hard work of Katherine and her husband. The only reason for giving the responsiveness a slightly lower mark is because the planning process wasn't always as smooth as I would have hoped. While I completely understand that they have weddings almost every weekend, I felt at times that details fell through the cracks and they weren't as responsive as I would have liked. That being said, our actual wedding day was phenomenal. They put on quite an impressive wedding! I would HIGHLY recommend the Crossed Keys Inn to any couple.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 7/9/11, 4 Reviews
4.7

My son and daughter in law had their wedding on 9/8/18.
At the Crossed Keys Estate. The whole day was perfect from the playhouse for the bridal party to get ready in, to garden ceremony, decor, flowers, food and service- Katherine and Jessica made sure all our needs were met. Katherine even checked in During the evening to be sure that all was good. The venue is gorgeous- a beautiful place for a romantically elegant wedding. Crossed keys took care of the ceremony site in the garden letting the bride and groom chose how they wanted it to look. They also decorated the tent and did the flowers at the reception, it was all so much easier thanks dealing with multiple vendors. And The food and service were amazing- the guests were raving about the food and the portions.
It was a wonderful celebration.
Also, We had our rehearsal dinner at the Crossed Keys Inn- another wonderful event and delicious meal. They did all they could to make the planning and the night eased for us. I would highly recommend having a wedding at Crosses Keys Estate.

Profile Picture Paula, 10/28/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Valet, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Altar/Arches, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Lighting, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents, Accommodations, In-House Bar, Cake, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Bridal Suite, Set Up, Uncovered Outdoor
4.7

Our wedding at Crossed Keys was basically a dream come true. I have heard nothing but positive feedback from all of our guests. From the food to the service to everything in between. The venue itself is stunning. It was on the only venue we went to see in person and we knew then and there. Jessica and Katherine were a pleasure to work with. I particularly enjoyed having Jessica on the team, as someone roughly my age and newly married, I felt like we could really relate to one another. Jessica understood my vision immediately from the outset during our planning meeting and I had full confidence in its execution. She totally delivered and even provided some nice encouraging words right before the day began when I was feeling some anxiety and nerves. I really loved her presence.

My husband ended up falling ill the night before the wedding (everything worked out thankfully!) and the care and attention on our wedding day that Katherine bestowed upon him and us was really appreciated. I should also mention running the rehearsal the day before, it was great having Katherine there and she made the process seamless even though some of our groomsmen and bridal party were late to arrive.

Only complaints I have are very minor, after all nothing/no one is perfect, but did nothing to affect the overall quality of the experience. We had many people tell us it was the best wedding they'd ever been to so that speaks for itself!

All in all, I would recommend the venue to anyone and everyone. The flowers, the food, the scenery, the service, the fire pit & smores (a hit with guests!) were just fantastic. I wish I could relive the day over and over. My goal was to find an outdoor wedding venue to channel my California roots close to the city and I found it. I loved it and am sad it's over! Thank you Crossed Keys!!

Profile Picture User7280547, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
4.7

Working with Katherine, her husband/son and with their daughter, Jessica was a truly wonderful experience. Keeping the wedding "all In the family" was a unique experience. They all are very organized, thoughtful. helpful and pro's at putting together a wedding. Taking care of 200 people + all the "little" details is a very difficult task that takes finesse, organization and charm. These lovely people and this wonderful venue are masters in their field.

Profile Picture Joyce, 6/8/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I got married at Crossed Keys Inn this past October. I can’t say enough wonderful things about this venue and the family that runs it. From start to finish, they made the process simple, streamlined and everything turned out perfect on our actual day. To start, pictures on the website do not do the grounds justice; it is more beautiful in person. All it took was walking around the grounds and meeting Katherine for 5 minutes and we were 100% sold. We had a fall wedding and ended up with a cold-spell but there were heaters in the tent and it was still very comfortable. More importantly, the fall leaves and backdrop was gorgeous. All the flowers were still in bloom and in our pictures you can’t tell if it’s 40 or 70 degrees out! The food was incredible too. They do not offer individual food tastings (but a group one was offered a few months prior which we were unable to attend) so we picked the menu just based on the descriptions. I think more people raved about the food than anything else. The cake was incredible too. It is required that flowers are done on site via Event Design’s by Katherine and (while trying not to be biased) I think they were the most beautiful flowers I have ever seen. They were exactly what I imagined them to be and the colors carried beautifully throughout the venue. It also helps that the flowers are done by the owners as there were flowers in places I did not expect nor would think to ask about. Lastly, the service Katherine and her family provide is remarkable. You can tell they have been doing this a long time b/c no question was left unanswered. All in, the venue is a little bit expensive, but for the service – and QUALITY of service – you receive it was well worth it. They walked us through timeline, what to expect, what options we had, and were able to accommodate most requests flawlessly. If you are looking for a rustic chic, outdoor Jersey venue, I truly think this is the one to beat.

Profile Picture Ashley, 10/17/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Bartender(s), Valet, Wheelchair Access, Covered Outdoor, Aisle Markers, Altar/Arches, Centerpieces, Chairs, Decor, Furniture, Photobooth, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents, Bridal Suite, Cake, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

I'm not sure if I ever responded to this request. If not I certainly meant to since the day could not have been better thanks to Katherine and Celsos at Crossed Keys Inn. A year has passed since my daughter's beautiful wedding and I can't help but reflect (and cry) since it was such a memorable day. From the relaxed atmosphere the morning of the wedding, including a wonderful breakfast, to the after party in the Barn, we could not have asked for more. The grounds/gardens were perfect, the tent was beautiful and the food was delicious. To this day, many guests tell us this was the best wedding they ever attended! I would recommend this venue with flying colors. Thank you Rodriquez family!!

Profile Picture Nancy, 7/17/10, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers

My daughter was married at Crossed Keys in May 2012 - the first wedding of the season. A lot of time was spent getting the grounds in shape and it showed. They were lovely! The weather was perfect, the food was great and the service professional.

The first time we visited Crossed Keys, the snow was just melting and my daughter knew it was the place for her. The setting is spectacular! We heard compliments all day long. It was one of the most beautiful weddings I've ever been to.

Katherine made sure we were attended to all day. We never had to ask for beverages - she would always appear with a refill.

Katherine and her family kept us on a schedule and were very responsive, even when on vacation. Make sure you use Katherine as a resource for vendors. Her suggestion to have a photographer who has been to Crossed Keys before was right on. They know all the spots for the best photos.

Kudos to everyone for making the day so special!

Profile Picture Rhonda, 5/20/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding was so fun and memorable, thanks to the team at Crossed Keys Inn. The venue is ideal for those who want an outdoor event and is suitable for guests of all ages and styles. The grounds are naturally pretty and maintained well during wedding season. The garden provides flowers for the gorgeous bouquets that Katherine and Jessica put together. We appreciated the convenience of the suite of services that Katherine's team provides: event space, catering, flowers & decor, vendor recs (including for photography). The mother-daughter duo are responsive and attentive, even with their years of experience doing weddings. They managed to produce an event that preserved our vision, that worked well with the aesthetics of the place, and that felt unique and intimate. Many guests remarked that it was among the best weddings they've attended. The compliments extended to the delicious food catered by Katherine's husband, Celso, as well. The hors d'oeuvres were especially yummy. The wait staff were professional and timely. The bar staff, however, did not seem to be well-trained in making more complicated cocktails, so a lot of the liquor we bought went unused. The B&B itself is typical for its type and could have used more regular servicing and maintenance, but our overnight guests generally appreciated the experience. The game room served as a great after-party space, where we could hang out some more with a close group of friends. All of these components make Crossed Keys a great venue to choose. One thing to keep in mind is to ask for various options and costs from the get-go, so that you're not surprised with added charges. That would have made our negotiations easier. Overall though, when the big day came, Katherine and her team worked hard to make everything run smoothly for us. We highly recommend Crossed Keys.

Profile Picture User3604737, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Lighting & Decor

That this is a family-run business was evident from our first visit to Crossed Keys months before the wedding to the very end of our event there on the morning after our wedding; they we were warm, practical, and really excited for us! Katherine and and her daughter Jessica were fun, knowledgeable, and flexible. At times they were a little difficult to get in touch with, but they were all ours when it mattered. The food, prepared by Katherine's husband and son, was not ordinary, bland wedding fare. They gave us so many options to chose from and were sensitive to the needs of our guests with food allergies. We choose this venue in large part because of the garden (for our ceremony), the barn (for getting ready and the after-party), the inn (in which my parents, the bridal party, and I stayed) and the reception tent/fire pit. The space allowed for guests to mill about and enjoy different parts of the grounds - I don't think anyone felt confined. We were also thrilled to learn that Katherine is a florist - her arrangements fitted seamlessly with the colorful landscape. I would absolutely recommend Crossed Keys as a wedding venue - the experience was very special.

Profile Picture Sarah, 8/11/12, 4 Reviews
4.2

Our wedding at CKI was truly incredible. We of course got married the ONLY Saturday all summer that it rained, so our outdoor ceremony was a bust. That being said, Katherine and her team were rock stars and helped us to ultimately make the decision to have the cocktail hour first, then have the ceremony under the tent. Despite the tumult in the beginning of the day, it turned into an incredible day. No one could stop raving about the venue, and they didn't even get to see the gardens!

The guidelines they have set are pretty stringent, but that comes with the venue, so if it's a decision you have to be comfortable with. But truly, you cannot find a more gorgeous venue than Crossed Keys.

Profile Picture Max, 5/24/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Planning

Crossed Keys Inn is a venue that speaks for itself. It is absolutely stunning in it's prime, which is in the Spring and early Summer. When we first went to visit CK, it was in the winter so we couldn't see the tent set up. We had only pictures to go on. A few months later, we were able to go visit when everything was set up and it looked glorious. The day of our wedding was magical - we had perfect weather, the flowers were in bloom, the grass was lush and green. If you are looking for an outdoor wedding, look no further. This is country chic at its finest. One of the pros of having your wedding at CK is that you get to make it just how you want it - you can tailor almost anything to make it custom for you and your fiancee. I had to give lower ratings for responsiveness and professionalism, however. There is one person who runs the whole show - her name is Kathering Rodriguez. She is amazing and talented and seriously know what she is doing. However, like I said, there is only one person running everything, and it is Katherine. That being said, it is quite difficult to get a timely response from Katherine. I have found that I emailed her with questions regarding big issues and did not hear back from her for days, sometimes even weeks. These "big issues" were things like the flower and decor proposal, which she wanted us to pay in full by a certain date, but we hadn't even received the proposal by the time she wanted us to pay it. Imagine being a bride a week and a half before your big day and have no idea what the finalized decor will be. Furthermore, I had spoken with Katherine specifically about how I wanted our cake to be. I sent her a picture, and she confirmed that was exactly what we wanted. The day of the wedding comes and the cake is nothing like what I had asked for. Granted, it was beautiful, but not what we wanted. This place is unbelievable and if you have the time and patience, I would recommend.

Profile Picture User4083309, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews

Crossed Keys is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen--especially in the autumn when the leaves change color-- and makes for the perfect wedding backdrop. There are weeping willows, and woody paths, and fields to play horseshoe. There are dozens of intimate nooks to capture beautiful photos like benches, a tree swing, a reflective pool, a barn face, stone cottage doorway, old fences, and lush gardens that all manage to be both well-kept AND rustic. Entirely romantic, whether sunny or misty.

There are also countless other unique details that make the place special and comfortable: a tent with flaps and heat in case of increment weather, and indoor/outdoor cocktail hour space, a garden (nestled between a barn and a cottage) for an outdoor ceremony if weather permits, and a fire-pit for guests to enjoy during the reception (where s'mores are served!). Then there is the B&B element which makes it possible for the bride+ groom as well as 4 other couples to sleep over and enjoy a homemade breakfast the next morning! This is included (non-optional) in the package, a detail we very much enjoyed.

Most rentals for the wedding are available through Crossed Keys which helped simplify things, and many optional extras can be provided for a fee like "floating" colored lanterns, flowers, fancy bathrooms, fancy chairs etc. However the service that stands out the most is definitely the food. Crossed Keys' catering is FANTASTIC! Lots of options all in-house, so almost any dietary needs can be accommodated.

There are a lot of rules to follow if you want to enjoy what this venue has to offer, but it's worth it. No detail will be missed since the Crossed Keys is run like a tight ship, so the quality of events executed here is unmatched. If you lean towards the natural, outdoorsy, and completely personalized wedding experience, Crossed Keys is exceptional.

Profile Picture Vivian, 10/6/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake
3.9

My husband and I absolutely fell in love with the venue the second we stepped foot on the grounds on our first visit. The grounds are absolutely stunning and this proved to be the perfect setting for our multi-cultural wedding with guests that span all age ranges. I loved the gorgeous tent and the space that our guests had to walk around the grounds if they chose. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day.

The food is deserving of its own paragraph! Celso and his team did a tremendous job with the food. I was nervous going into it as tastings are not available and the quality of food is something that is very important to my husband and I, however our expectations were greatly exceeded despite reading the tons of great reviews. The APPETIZERS were out of this world and our guests are still raving about the food, I just wish we could have had a chance to try everything that day.

In the planning stages, we did find that we needed to be patient as email communication sometimes proved tricky. Scheduling a call or an in person visit, if possible might be a better way to get all your questions answered. Also, be prepared that there is not much flexibility in the prices for all the services (which are all clearly laid out in the contract) but the number of services can be tailored for your budget.

On the day of the wedding, Katherine and her team did a fabulous job. They kept all of the aspects of the wedding and ceremony moving along seamlessly and were incredibly accommodating to the wedding party and our families. My husband and I were also looked after all throughout the day.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone looking for an outdoor wedding that is set in a beautiful location, that feels intimate and where you and the guests are in great hands. Our day was perfect, I just wish we could have been guests at our own wedding.

Profile Picture Olga, 6/15/14, 2 Reviews
3.9

We were definitely able to have our vision come to life! Overall it was a spectacular event, but definitely required ample time to plan and explain your vision. The inn and the grounds are gorgeous and speak for themselves. We highly recommend to other couples.

Profile Picture t, 6/12/10, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Cake
3.7

Beautiful location, and exceptional food!

Profile Picture kim, 8/4/07, 5 Reviews