147 Reviews for Crossed Keys Estate

House Liquor (1)
Dance Floor (1)
Lighting (1)
147 Crossed Keys Estate Reviews

My brother and his new wife had their wedding at the Crossed Keys Inn and it was great. My family has not stopped raving about how wonderful everything turned out. It is truly a gem in NJ. The staff of he Crossed Keys was so friendly and helpful. Thank you for making our family wedding a memorable affair.

Profile Picture Tara, 6/25/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I just had my wedding at The Crossed Keys Inn on June 25th and it was amazing! From the first moment I saw the venue I knew that this was the place that I was going to have my wedding reception! Katherine and Jessica were so wonderful to work with and bounce ideas off of and I think that they did a great job of listening to what I wanted and translating it into a wonderful event. Up until the very last day they were helping me get last minute things in order. The food was phenomenal (I'm a picky eater) and everyone has continued to rave that this was the best wedding that they have ever attended! All in all if you want to work with friendly, warm people, have a unique and different wedding reception than look no further. Thank you guys again for making my special day amazing!

Profile Picture Kristyn, 6/25/11, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Cake

The Crossed Keys Inn is a spectacular venue if you are looking for something a little bit outside the box. The guests at our wedding are still talking about how amazing everything was from the scenery, the tent, the flowers (by Katherine), and the food! I had so much fun planning the event with Katherine guiding me and shaping my ideas to make everything perfect! Katherine was always quick to respond to any questions or concerns we had and always made time for us in her very busy schedule. Upon seeing the tent on the day of our wedding it was above and beyond my expectations. I cannot say enough about how much I love the Crossed Keys Inn!

Profile Picture gina, 6/18/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Crossed Keys Inn is a hidden gem in New Jersey!

Finding a wedding venue was a laborious and stressful process. I was a bride with a distinct vision and thanks to Katherine and her family/team, that vision came to life on 6/11/11. It has been less than one week since the "big day", and I have been overwhelmed with compliments on the execution, food, scenery and overall "feel" of the event.

The country setting is absolutely perfect! The tent and surrounding areas (patio, fire pit, lawn) allow your guests to move freely in a relaxed, yet classy and tasteful atmosphere.

Being the bride, I was focused on making the event my own and the large tent allows you to do just that. It is absolutely stunning by itself, but can be transformed with the tastes of each couple. Each event looks and feels special and unique as everyone brings their own personality to their wedding. That is what attracted me most to this venue. Our guests felt as if they were at our event, one that we had planned and decorated.

Katherine and her family are an absolute pleasure to be around. The process was fun and interactive as she helped with decor ideas and provided many great suggestions. The flowers, which she arranged, fit perfectly with our vintage country theme and were gorgeous.

I cannot end this without mentioning Celso and the wonderful food! Our guests raved about the dinner and all of the choices at our cocktail hour. I couldn't get enough of the pulled pork sliders and baby lamb chops!

There is nothing I would have changed about the day! Crossed Keys Inn is just amazing!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Profile Picture Emily , 6/11/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers

James and I got married on Octber 23, 2010. I knew that I wanted to have our reception there since before we got engaged. The place is beyond beautiful and the Gardens are absolutely stunning. When you are at the Crossed Keys, you feel as if you have been transported to a far off land. It's so peaceful and majestic.
Throughout the planning, Katherine was there to answer any questions I had and she gave some great suggestions.
On the day of the wedding, Katherine and her staff were on top of everything. Wherever we were, during the reception they made sure that we had a drink in our hands, they even reminded us to sit down and eat! They made the event flow so smoothly that everyone was able to relax and enjoy the evening.
I am still recieving compliments on our wedding a month later. A lot of guests said that they felt as if they were "at home" at our wedding because they were so relaxed. The Fire pit was a huge hit and the fresh baked cookies were a nice surprise! Everyone loved that they had options on where to mingle either on the dance floor, or out by the fire pit. And because the dance floor was not overly crowded, some of the more shy guests were able to get up and dance.
The food was out of this world. Everyone has been raving about the coctail hour and the amazing food. Some people have told us that it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding.
I couldn't have asked for a better venu. All of our wedding guests had an amazing time and James and I had the Magical wedding that we have always dreamed of. Thank you to everyone at the Crossed Keys!

Profile Picture Desirea, 10/23/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Scott and I were married at the Crossed Keys Inn on October 3, 2010. From the moment we stepped onto the Crossed Keys Inn property, one year before our wedding, we knew it was the perfect place for us. The site is incredibly beautiful, and Katherine is a meticulous groundskeeper. Her grounds are breathtaking: the garden, stone house, the tent, the setting, all make the perfect site for a beautiful wedding. She even did our stunning bouquets and boutonnieres, almost all of which came directly from her gardens. The week before our wedding, she was so worried about the torrential rain on the dahlias, that she actually went out and put umbrellas over them, so that they would still be perfect for the day of the wedding! She did an incredible job interpreting my sometimes vague ideas about our vision for the day, and she really helped us make our dream wedding a reality. During the entire process, she was always there to answer our questions, offer suggestions, and listen to our ideas. We received so many compliments from our guests, and not just about the beautiful ceremony and wonderful reception--the food was over-the-top delicious--kudos to Celsos Caterers. We asked them to design a cake that was a little nontraditional and they really nailed it--I just about cried when I saw it!

As for hosting us, we wanted for nothing at the reception--Katherine and her staff really took care of Scott and I, making sure we always had what we needed.
The playhouse was a perfect place to retire to after the reception was over, where we were able to wind down with our closest friends and family after such an eventful day. Waking up the next morning and walking the grounds to the main house for breakfast was a wonderful way to reflect on our wedding day - most brides and grooms don't have that opportunity.

Everyone at Crossed Keys goes out of their way to make you feel very special on your special day. Words can hardly describe how pleased we are with everything at Crossed Keys--suffice to say that we couldn't have asked for a better wedding. It was perfect. Thank you, thank you, thank you so much to everyone at Crossed Keys! --Laurie and Scott

From the parents of the bride....
Laurie and Scott's wedding at Crossed Keys was just beautiful and exceeded our expectations. They were a lovely bride and groom and the site at Crossed Keys in the fall was truly spectacular. But the details that Katherine guided us through and helped us work out made their wedding ever so special, just for them. We have been receiving notes and phone calls telling us what a great time everyone had, what a beautiful wedding it was, and how delicious the food was. Everyone loved warming up by the fire pit, while Katherine brought around fresh baked cookies--such a nice touch! The staff at Crossed Keys is dedicated to making every wedding a perfect and intimate affair. Thank you Katherine, Celso, and everyone at Crossed Keys Inn. --Joyce and Bill Benech

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/3/10, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

We couldn't be happier with our daughter's wedding. Katherine was very helpful and always eager to work with us to do the special little things my daughter wanted. She even came out of her way to attend and run the rehearsal in a different restaurant, even when she was very busy with other things. She is fun, creative, and has many wonderful ideas.

We went off the menu to choose a special dish, and Katherine and Celsos did a great job. The food was just delicious.

We had such a warm feeling working with this family-run Inn and caterer It was truly a special day. The grounds were gorgeous, our guests were so comfortable, and everyone had a great time. We just wish we could have danced all night!

Profile Picture Mary Jo, 9/5/10, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I got married at the Crossed Keys Inn on 9/5/2010. It couldn't have been a more perfect day. It is absolutely gorgeous, amazing trees, a corn field, quaint buildings, perfectly landscaped, gorgeous views. But what makes the Crossed Keys so special is Katherine. She helped me make the day so special and for me and my husband. My greatest fear was that I would have a wedding that you could stick any other bride and groom in and it would work, I tried really hard to make customize our day and make it specific to us. Katherine was there to answer every question and offer suggestions, she helped make this a truly amazing day.

Not only was she integral in the preparation, but she was so wonderful the day of. She always made sure that we had food, drinks and were comfortable. The food was PHENOMENAL. I can't tell you how many compliments we've received. Everything I tasted was delicious. I hope that I can go to a wedding there someday just to eat the food again!!

The day was perfect because of Crossed Keys and Katherine!

Profile Picture Ariele, 9/5/10, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

It is hard for me to say enough good things about the Crossed Keys Inn, Katherine and her husband, Celso. The place is truly amazing--beautiful and picturesque--and Katherine is like your own personal wedding planner. Everything--I mean everything--from the cake, to the food, to the decorations, to the flowers, to the smores by the firepit--was perfect. Katherine is professional, calm, and makes her brides feel like they are truly special and unique. My husband and I and our families and friends had such a wonderful time, we never wanted the day to end. I highly recommend the Crossed Keys Inn for any bride and groom who want a truly special and memorable event that will surprise and delight both them and their guests.

Profile Picture Katherine, 9/4/10, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

We have had NOTHING but amazing compliments and positive feedback from guests about our wedding, saying it was the best they had been to in a long time! Not only was the garden ceremony, tent, fire pit, and grounds absolutely beautiful, but the ability to move around and enjoy the beauty of the site made us all feel at home. The food was delicious and never stopped coming! My groom and I never even sat down because we were having so much fun dancing and mingling, but Katherine, the owner made it a point to bring us a collection of appetizers, and a continuous flow of drinks to ensure our fun too! The venue was so flexible in really allowing us to make it our own but it almost felt effortless because it was so beautiful to begin with. Guests keep commenting on how casual and fun the whole weekend was enjoying walks through the grounds, eating smores by the firepit, playing pool and relaxing in the barn, and did I mention all the dancing?! Crossed Keys Inn provides an instantly beautiful backdrop for pictures and I haven't found one I did not love yet! We wish we could do it all over again, but we would not change a thing!

Profile Picture Erin, 8/28/10, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I just got married at the Crossed Keys Inn this past Saturday and we could not have been more thrilled at how perfectly everything went. Katherine, her husband Celso and her daughter Jessica were a power team to say the least and were amazing at producing a spectacular event. Everyone said that this was the best wedding they have ever been to which for some people has been a lot since they are in the wedding business as well! I thought planning a wedding from Charleston, SC would be difficult but Katherine took care of almost everything for us from the food, cake. linens, and flowers. All the vendors she recommended that we used were amazing as well! The staff were all very professional and polite, I never even walked to my own bar because the wait staff ensured I always had a fresh ice cold drink in my hand alll night long. I know five hours always flies by for the bride and groom but even our guests were having so much fun that they said they felt like they just got their when the reception was over. Luckily, Crossed Keys Inn also has the most charming play house with a pool tabble, shuffle board, couches, for guests who are just not ready to go home yet. From the gorgeous tree lined driveway, breathtaking garden backdrop for the ceremony, a tree swing, and mountain views you only see in movies, I would recommed the Crossed Keys Inn to any bride wanting a weddig where your wedding is their only focus, delicious food, gorgeous scenary, and if you want that extra wow factor. Words could not describe this place. My advice: go VISIT!!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Angela, 8/14/10, 6 Reviews

Crossed Keys is a wonderful place to have a wedding. The natural beauty that surrounds you is the perfect background for the ceremony and reception . If you don't want to have your wedding in a typical wedding hall with ugly carpets and curtains, and you want your guests to have the freedom to spread out and enjoy a beautiful setting.. this is the place for you. I wanted an outdoor wedding and ths was ideal because the tent is up permanently (for the summer) so it is sturdy, and beautifully lined with gathered fabric.. and everything you need is there already. If you want to set up a tent somewhere, normally you have to bring in EVERYTHING.. from spoons, to plates, to chairs, to dance floor! This was much easier! So many people told me it was the most beautiful ceremony and the most fun reception they had ever been to. Even men were telling me afterward how comfortable they were to be outdoors and not stuck in a room. At the ceremony, the beautiful flowers, and stone cottage make you feel as though you're in some small village in Europe, but conveniently.. you're actually in Northern NJ! My flowers and cake (cupcakes in our case) were also done by Crossed Keys which was great since there were fewer vendors to deal with. Katherine did a spectacular job creating bouquets and flower arrangements that were exactly what I described. I included many details in my wedding that Katherine was more than willing to accomodate. The food was delicious! We loved having the firepit as a gathering place, as well as the playhouse for afterward. It is so nice to have a place to continue the party a bit longer with a few guests. The inn itself and the bridal suite in the cottage are lovely and decorated with antiques. As soon as I saw Crossed Keys, I knew I couldn't imagine my wedding to be anywhere else!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Susan, 7/17/10, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We could not have picked a better place. My fiance and I wanted something unique, a place we could have a romantic wedding with great food. Crossed Keys was that place, it included not only the look but outstanding food too. And the staff at the location provided excellent service, they brought us a pitcher of water during our photo shoot on the grounds and when we returned to the cocktail hour we were served with wine and food. Not once did we have to ask for anything, it was pro-actively provided. I highly recommend Crossed Keys, it is truly the perfect place for a wedding.

Profile Picture User729884, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue was absolutely beautiful. Guests said it was like being in a movie. The reception was out of this world. The seating, flowers, and ambiance was elegant and perfectly set up. Every detail was accounted for up to the lemondade served before the cermemony. The food was delicious and the menu of dairy, vegetarian and fish was perfect.

Profile Picture Hyla, 5/30/10, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I attended a wedding here last summer and it was absolutely stunning. The tent was huge and beautifully decorated. Celebrating my friends' marriage under the tent while watching the sunset was a beautiful image. There is no other word to describe Crossed Keys but magical.

Profile Picture Jaime, 7/11/09, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our dream outdoor wedding! From the moment we first stepped onto the property 10 months before our wedding date, we knew we had found something special. Working with Katherine over the following 10 months was great--she is knowledgeable, professional, helpful and caring. Katherine was on top of every detail from start to finish. All this hard work was evident as our day came together perfectly. The setting, the food and the service all were top notch. If you are thinking about an outdoor wedding, the Crossed Keys is first place to see! Every guest commented on the Crossed Keys....many said "When my daughter gets engaged, I am going to bring her here!".

Profile Picture Barbara, 5/16/09, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I've been trying to sum up all of the wonderful/great/impressed feelings I had after our wedding at the Crossed Keys and NEED to say that I could not have been happier with how everything went. It is such a magical place and now holds a special place in my and my husband's heart. We constantly still get told that our wedding was the best they've ever been to and I have to admit that while the dress and the music and the people played a big role, it hands down was because of the Crossed Keys and everything they put into the wedding. From a picturesque venue, to the most amazing (not exaggerating) food ever made (mac and cheese balls!), to the flower arrangements (I cried when I first saw my bouquet), and to the amazing Katherine who took care of everything and was so efficient and organized that I had zero worry the day of and leading up to the big day. She helped and really just made the day perfect. At the end of the day, we felt at home, we felt like family, and what else would you want from a place that will forever be that special memory you have for a lifetime. Thank you Crossed Keys!

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/12/13, 3 Reviews

Crossed Keys is a very special place. The grounds are gorgeous, manicured but still woodsy and wild. It's the rare kind of place you can wear a big frilly wedding dress but still run around barefoot in the grass. We were married in front of a beautiful old stone house with a blooming garden, and for us it really couldn't have been any better than that.

Katherine and her daughter Jessica give the impression they are just as excited about your wedding as you are, even though they have done so many. They provide their undivided attention and enthusiasm, answering emails promptly, giving tips when needed, and guidance in the overall process. They kept us calm and collected because they themselves were calm and collected, and made us feel like no matter what, it would all go smoothly. And of course it did. Our guests have not stopped raving about it since, and many have said it was the best wedding they have ever been to (even with the 90 degree heat!)

The tent was absolutely lovely - open and spacious with enough room for people to schmooze with drinks, dance on the dance floor, or sit at the tables and talk. There was something for everyone. Celso's catering was also out of this world. We weren't able to do a tasting before the actual day, so I was a little nervous, but everyone raved about everything from the hors d'hoeuvres to dinner to dessert. (From what little I could eat, I agreed!) It all more than met our expectations.

If anything, I would say that the only element of the place that could be improved is the bridal suite. It is cute and quaint and has its charms, but it could still use a little bit of updating. The giant whirlpool tub was also a little difficult to shower in.

Other than that, we couldn't have asked for a better wedding experience, and we would recommend Crossed Keys in a heartbeat.

Profile Picture Carly, 7/6/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Looking for venues was probably one of the most stressful parts of wedding planning for us. We wanted a rustic and natural setting for our wedding, but every place we found would require the hassle and enormous cost of getting outside catering and a ton of rentals. The whole process seemed almost hopeless until we found Crossed Keys Inn! Crossed Keys Inn really was the perfect venue for our wedding because they took care of all of these things and did them perfectly! Katherine and Jessica were AMAZING at putting all our ideas together to create the perfect setting for our wedding. Jessica is super creative and will do wonders with any idea you give her. We knew very little about flowers and she took the few ideas we had and made us beautiful and unique centerpieces that completely matched our taste. And the food was plenty and delicious. Our guests continue to rave about how GOOD the food was and I only wish I took the time to eat more! We really got to enjoy the whole day at Crossed Keys without feeling like we needed to rush in or out of the venue- as you would have to do at other venues that host more than 1 wedding a day. This was really important to us because we put so much time and energy into planning this wedding and wanted to make sure that we actually had time to enjoy it. Spending the night there with friends and family and having breakfast together the next day at the Inn was such a perfect way to end our wedding festivities. Wedding planning can be a long and strenuous process, but Crossed Keys Inn definitely makes it all worth it. I wish I could do it all over again!

Profile Picture Christina, 6/2/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I only wish we could get married here again!! It has been almost 3 weeks since our wedding at Crossed Keys and my fiance and I are hoping that someone we know gets married here so we can go back! More than anything we wanted to get married outside- anything other than a carpeted ballroom. The first time we went to visit Crossed Keys, it was a snow storm in February and our car got stuck in the driveway!! We missed half our appointment and I was mortified- but Katherine was so understanding and her husband Celsos actually stood out in the hail and freezing rain to help my fiance shovel the snow out from under our car-- all the while with a smile on his face!!!

When we returned in early Spring, it was like an entirely different place. EXACTLY what we had pictured. Over the months, we worked and coordinated plans with Katherine and Jessica. They were extremely accommodating, quick to offer their advice and expert opinion since we didn't always know what we were doing, and even share in some good stories and laughs. The weekend of the wedding was like we were staying with old friends who truly cared about our special day.

We had a beautiful day- but it wouldn't have even mattered if it was raining. The grounds looked amazing! Very neat and clean with flowers and greenery everywhere you looked! All the little visions we had been planning- were everywhere we looked. The food was FANTASTIC!! My fiance doesn't eat much fish and he is still talking about the Pistachio Crusted Sea Bass :) Katherine and Jessica always made sure we had a drink or food or anything we might need throughout the entire day and evening. I can't thank Crossed Keys, Katherine, Jessica, Celsos and all the rest of the amazing staff for everything they did. The waitresses and bartenders were all very professional and super friendly. We only hope we can go back one day!!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 6/23/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

My wedding was yesterday and it was truly was perfect. I knew walking into Crossed keys for the first time that I had to have my wedding at this venue. The setting is amazing, and it turned out to be perfect weather for our wedding. Katherine and Jessica were so helpful, and made sure everything ran smoothly during the event. We always had food, and a drink - and not just the bride and groom, but our families and bridal party. It was perfect for the kids to run around, and friends to wonder the grounds. All my guests were impressed with the place and the food. I really couldn't have asked for anything more... make sure you get the lamb chops and sea bass!!

Profile Picture Jennifer , 5/28/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Three weeks ago my husband and I were married at crossed keys inn, a gorgeous and rustic outdoor venue. Crossed Keys Inn is such a naturally beautiful location with magnificent gardens. I fell in love with the natural beauty of crossed keys inn upon seeing it the first time and I kept imagining all the possibilities. Since it is a tented wedding you have a blank slate and imagination for planning your dream wedding. As far as the food, it was delicious and the service was incredible. The staff is friendly and professional. A unique aspect of crossed keys inn is the fire pit where our guests had smores and were able to relax and smoke cigars. Katherine also recommended several vendors which turned out to be the best decision we made listening to her recommendations. She was very helpful and was able to communicate and understand what we wanted for our wedding. Three weeks later we are still receiving compliments and we have been told that our wedding was one of the best weddings ever attended by several of our guests.

Profile Picture sarah, 10/9/10, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Just ran into owner of Crossed Keys at the David Tutera event @ I Do I Do in Morristown. Brought back memories from my wedding at Crossed Keys. After the wedding I didn't have much time for reviews I was just opening second Bella Bridesmaid in NYC. Katherine and her husband do a fabulous job from start to finish. It's a magical place to bring your friends and family. The country setting was a beautiful backdrop for the entire event. Since our wedding, Crossed Keys has been featured in NJ Bride Magazine and Katherine recommended Bella Bridesmaid to that bride who had an amazing wedding as well! Check Crossed Keys out if you're looking for something different in New Jersey! Our guests had a fantastic time.

Profile Picture Amanda, 7/19/08, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Katherine at Crossed Keys was tremendously helpful, and venue was GORGEOUS. It was the perfect outdoor setting- we barely spent money on flowers because the gardens and mountain views were so spectacular. The food was out of this world, and with my food allergies, my husband, me and the bridal party being vegetarian (and our guests being meat eaters), they accommodated all of us. Katherine even put some vegetarian lasagna aside for us to eat after the reception (since what bride and groom have time for such things during the reception?). Truly 5 star service and affordable!

Profile Picture Kristen, 10/7/07, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had a perfectly romantic and elegant wedding ceremony and reception for my son and daughter in law at the CC Estate. Katherine and Jessica cared for not only the couple but the families. They Really wanted us to all have an amazing weekend. Katherine checked in with me (MOG) throughout the day to make sure the day was all we imagined it to be. No matter the request, they made it happen! The venue is gorgeous from the garden ceremony and playhouse to the starlit tented reception. This was not like a usual tented venue but more like an elegant country Inn! The food was delicious- our guests are still talking about the quantity and quality! And everyone Loved the s’mores by the fire pit. There were no details that were missed..
believe or not it rained on our day and no one even talks about the weather. All they can talk about is the beautiful venue and the the service they experienced.
ADD: We had our rehearsal dinner at the CC Inn. Highly recommend. Again food was delicious and planning was completely care-free. Katherine took care of all the details.

Photo for Crossed Keys Estate Review - Entrance to the reception
Photo for Crossed Keys Estate Review - Private moment at the playhouse overlooking the gardens
Photo for Crossed Keys Estate Review - The “bridal swing”
Profile Picture Paula, 9/8/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake