146 Reviews for Crossed Keys Estate

House Liquor (1)
Dance Floor (1)
Lighting (1)
146 Crossed Keys Estate Reviews

To put this review into context, I am a self-proclaimed control freak perfectionist. It is common for all things to fall short of my unrealistically high expectations until our wedding day at the Crossed Keys....it was superb in every aspect

The food was delicious and plentiful, the flowers were magnificent, the service...impeccable.

This is a family run business and it shows through the level of care given to every detail and attentiveness given to every single person in the room.

Katherine and Jessica in my eyes are rock stars. They fully captured our vision and implemented with such ease you would think they were hosting a small dinner party! My sister-in-law who comes from the restaurant business said she's never seen anything run so smoothly.

I could probably go on some more but to summarize, this wedding far exceeded the highest expectation set and we cannot thank them enough for making our day so brilliant and memorable.

If we had to have one complaint it would be that it all went by way too quickly :)

Profile Picture Alicia, 10/7/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Having my daughters wedding here was truly a bride's dream come true. The service from food / flowers / atmosphere was with pure elegance and comfort. All thru the evening Katherine always was visible making sure everyone was satisfied and content. Our guests as well as ourselves were completely satisfied and it was a very special / memorable evening for all.

Profile Picture Scott, 9/15/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Where do I begin! I'm still on cloud nine and it has been almost two weeks since we were married at Crossed Keys. The day was pure perfection. The weather..wow! It was better than I could have ever dreamed. Exactly how a September day should be :) The food was to die for! My photographer, who is at multiple weddings a weekend, told me this is not typical wedding food..it is delicious! Our cake was beautiful and it tasted just as good as it looked along with the sorbet! Katherine, Jessica, and Celsos were so amazing and attentive! I saw them multiple times throughout the night and they always asked if I needed anything! The day went so smoothly and I have them to thank for it! So many people asked us how did you find this place! I just smiled knowing that it was a wedding they will never forget :)

Profile Picture Renee, 9/15/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

To say that our wedding day was amazing would be the understatement of the century. Katherine, Jessica, Celsos and the rest of the staff at Crossed Keys were helpful, courteous and professional every step of the way. There are no words that could possibly describe the atmosphere at Crossed Keys on the night of our wedding - people are still talking about how amazing everything was. From the gardens to the food to the tent decor everything was perfect! In fact, one of our guests who got married last week was raving about how beautiful our wedding was at her own wedding! We are so incredibly thrilled to have had the opportunity to begin our married life at this breathtaking place.

Profile Picture Vicky, 9/2/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Crossed Keys out did themselves they went over the top. I still get phone calls for my 230 guests saying that they have never been to a nicer event and that they have never been to a party let alone a wedding with better food! You would be foolish to not book with Crossed Keys!!

Profile Picture Dirk, 9/1/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Where to begin... from the moment we laid eyes on Crossed Keys, we knew it was the place for us. Katherine and jessica made sure that every detail was taken care of. Leading up to the wedding day, they provided us with help on everything! I emailed Katherine just about every day with questions and she always responded right away. When the big day arrived, Katherine made sure that everything was perfect! The grounds were stunning, the flowers were above and beyond what I could have ever dreamed of. the entire day was a dream come true thanks to Katherine, Jessica, and the whole crew. Thank you for making our wedding day so wonderful!!!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 8/25/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Our wedding was simply extraordinary. Everything was perfectly executed and felt seamless. The flowers were stunning, the grounds were beautiful, and the food is really incredible. Everyone says this, but it’s true: this is not your ordinary wedding food, and it is abundant. I generally find that wedding cakes rarely taste as good as they look, but the carrot cake they made for us was unbelievably delicious.

We had a large wedding (250 guests) with lots of kids, and I think Crossed Keys is uniquely suited to this kind of a gathering. One of the things I liked most about it is the spaciousness: if people don’t want to be on the dance floor, there are a number of places for them to walk around or sit and chat, and for kids to play.

My experience with the planning process was smooth and lots of fun. Having the venue, caterer, and florist all under one roof simplified everything without ever making it feel like a cookie-cutter operation. My husband, parents and I all loved working with Katherine, Jessica and Celso. They are warm and funny and literally welcomed us into their home. The natural beauty of Crossed Keys almost needs no embellishment, but it’s also a blank canvas that allows you to decorate however you feel best reflects you as a couple. Choosing the décor felt like a real collaboration—they really understood the look I had in mind and suggested great details to make it come alive. I sourced the vessels for the flowers and some other props based on recommendations Katherine and Jessica made; they filled them with absolutely breathtaking arrangements—a real standout was the picnic basket overflowing with flowers.Throughout the process, we stayed in contact over e-mail and I always got a prompt response. Menu planning was also a breeze—again, they were very helpful and flexible. They made a signature cocktail to our specifications and did it perfectly.

We can’t thank the Crossed Keys crew enough, or recommend this venue any higher.

Profile Picture Hannah, 8/4/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The food was plentiful and delicious. The cake was beautiful and very tasty. Many people raved about the food, cake and venue. Everyone at the wedding had a lot of fun and are still talking about what a great time they had. Katherine and her family are like family. They are so caring, involved and work really hard to make sure all goes well. We happened to have a very rainy day which would not stop. Katherine immediately changed the plans from an outside wedding to a wedding under the tent. It was completely beautiful. We were and still are sad that we were not able to partake of the beauty that is Crossed Keyes due to the rain. The gardens are spectacular. So many beautiful pictures can be taken from the beauty that is all over the place. The B&B on site was also very beautiful and spacious. I would certainly do it all over again.

Profile Picture Sylvia, 7/28/12, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Transportation, Wedding Cake

Beautiful venue/great food/warm family owned business. Would definately recommend to a friend.. Great Experience overall.

Profile Picture Lisa, 7/28/12, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor

Our daughter's wedding at Crossed Keys Inn was perfect! Everyone loved the magnificent country setting, the intimate atmosphere and the exquisite food. All of our needs were carefully attended to. We are so happy that we found Crossed Keys Inn! Jessica and Katherine are a great team to work with. Through out the planning time they responded quickly to each and every question that we had. We would never have picked anywhere else to have our daughter's wedding!

Profile Picture Debbie, 7/15/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our guests were blown away by the breathtaking and rustic beauty of Crossed Keys! The service was friendly,attentive, warm and efficient. Any questions that arose were answered almost immediately. The minute we met Katherine and Jessica we were made to feel like we were visiting dear, long time friends. And Celsos food was 5 star all the way: wonderful assortment, generous portions, delectable flavors! The experience is being described by all as a "fairy tale come true!"

Profile Picture Maria, 7/7/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers

My daughter's wedding was at Crossed Keys and it was a dream come true. The setting itself is beautiful but what makes the experience 5-star was the care and attention given to every detail by the owners.

When we first visited Crossed Keys with the prospective bride and groom, it was the beginning of April last year. There was nothing in bloom yet and the tent wasn't up, so you had to rely on your imagination and photos of other events there to help you envision what could be possible. But even what I imagined paled in comparison to the beautiful reality of the big day.

From the moment my daughter first found Crossed Keys, she had her heart set on being married there. She and her fiance had a real vision of what they wanted their day to be and Katherine and Jessica helped to bring it to fruition. They helped to make the day perfect and their staff was so professional and accommodating. Nothing seemed to ruffle them--even a last minute problem that we had was handled with calm and grace.

All of our wedding guests were blown away by the beauty of the place, by the incredibly delicous food prepared by Celso and his crew, with the attentive service provided by the bar and wait staff, with the incredible floral details and with the way Katherine and Jessica provided such personal care to everyone when needed during ceremony and reception. We keep hearing from family and friends that this was the best wedding they have ever attended!

Katherine, Jessica, and Celso are truly the best at what they do. I can't imagine a more perfect wedding for my daughter and for that I am truly grateful. They made what could be a stressful time into a really relaxed and pleasurable experience by treating us as if we were part of their family. They made Crossed Keys feel like home in the best way possible.

Profile Picture Kim, 6/23/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Wedding Cake

After moving our wedding plans from Florida to the NY/NJ area, we weren’t optimistic about finding a place that truly “felt like us.” Yet from the moment we set our eyes on the Crossed Keys, we knew it was the perfect place for us to get married. From the tree-lined path to the stunning white tent to the after-party playhouse, every detail works to create the perfect backdrop for your wedding day. Not only is there a magical feel to this location that envelops you the moment you arrive, but you soon come to recognize the magical talents of the Crossed Keys family: Katherine, Jessica , Celso, and their wonderful staff.

They truly become an extension of your family- helping you to navigate difficult decisions and make your wedding concept (however particular and challenging) a reality. From the countless back and forth emails to the drop-in visits, Katherine and Jessica always made us feel “listened to” and provided us with their expert guidance to help us select the perfect details for our wedding day. When we finally arrived at our decisions, Katherine and Jessica seemed as excited as we were!

On the day of our wedding, stormy weather threatened our “picture perfect” outdoor ceremony and nerves were severely frayed. Katherine and Jessica kept us calm and managed to get us from indoors to outdoors and back indoors keeping us rain free during our pre-wedding photography - even finding a plastic tarp to ensure the bottom of my wedding dress would not get dirty. Despite the torrential downpours nearly 30 minutes before our ceremony, the Crossed Keys family miraculously reassembled everything (chairs, chuppah, programs, ice tea/lemonade stand etc.) and we managed to have our picture-perfect outdoor ceremony after all.

Each and every detail was in place despite last minute switch-ups due to weather, including: the skeleton keys on the wooden door, the “I Spy”/Borrow a Camera table, the birchwood box centerpieces of exquisitely arranged peonies, and the most artistic and sumptuous display of food awaiting our guests for the cocktail hour. The Bountiful Table was decorated with curly willow branches - its marble tabletop held an array of colorful and tasty salads, dips, and fresh vegetables. The various stations were beautifully arranged and decorated. And the food, Wow! The Peking Duck in thinner- than- air crepes were a favorite as was the carving station of turkey and corned beef, the pass-arounds of baby lamb chops, and the best cocktail franks-in-blankets ever! And that was all BEFORE dinner. Guests thoroughly enjoyed each and every course, including the caramelized pear salad, the filet of beef, and the pistachio-crusted Chilean sea bass. The cake was truly the “icing on the cake!”

Katherine and Jessica were seemingly everywhere that we needed them to be and even managed to join the festivities. The “above and beyond” efforts of the Crossed Keys Inn family didn’t end at the wedding reception. They continued to check on us during the after-party to make sure we had everything we needed and we awoke the day after our wedding to even more delicious home-cooked food including heavenly blueberry pancakes and carrot cake. The rustic charm of the Crossed Keys is infused throughout every aspect of this venue and with each photograph we are reminded of its unique beauty. The rave reviews keep pouring in from our guests who are astounded that such a place exists so close to the city with such an “otherworldly” feel and such amazing food. Thank you to the Crossed Keys Inn for making our special day that much more than we could have ever imagined!

Profile Picture Leah, 6/3/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My fiancée (now husband!) and I first visited Crossed Keys Inn during a downpour on a dreary, cold November Day - far from the ideal conditions for visiting an outdoor garden venue. Nevertheless, we had a very specific idea of what we wanted for our wedding and Katherine saw it in clear focus right along with us.

We wanted something unique- the idea of a cookie cutter, "choose package a, b, or c" venue was not us. We planned our Crossed Keys wedding from California and we were able to customize our entire day with Katherine or Jessica promptly responding to every email or phone call, greatly simplifying the planning process for us.

Each floral arrangement, every dish, and even the smallest of details were all handled with professionalism, creativity and a true sense of desire to make our vision a reality. Most importantly, the celebration flowed effortlessly from charming ceremony to a memorable party under the tent, to a more intimate gathering of close friends in the playhouse.

Our wedding day was the best day of our lives and Crossed Keys completely surpassed our expectations! If this is the kind of timeless and quaint event you are looking for, there's simply no better choice you can make than the Crossed Keys Inn.

Profile Picture K, 6/2/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Spoiler: This is Jessica, an employee at Crossed Keys Estate. I am very biased, obviously, but this note is not going to review the service, food, etc. (which were all amazing! I actually ate!) but more so share my story of how it felt to be on the other side of the aisle. I look at pictures of the venue every day as I am the marketing manager at Crossed Keys Estate. Every wedding album moves me to tears. The beauty of the estate is something that cannot be explained because it is literally engrained in every tree and blade of grass that has been growing there for over 200 years. I am always amazed at how I never get used to that beauty.

I could not imagine getting married anywhere else but an outdoor setting. The day seems brighter, friends & family seem more free to roam, everything just feels picture perfect. Swinging with my new spouse while we watched our guests in the tent was my favorite moment of the day, hands down. Getting to take a step back from the party but still see everyone enjoying themselves was so nice.

Having that space for people to smoke cigars outside but still feel like a part of the event, hang out by the fire pit area and still hear the music, watch the cake cutting without having to leave the bar or dance floor - that openness was so important to us so everyone felt included whether they were out on the lawn having a chat or dancing right on stage with the band!

Getting married in front of the fence was also a different way to do the ceremony than our couples normally do. The backdrop of the English garden and Stone Cottage is SO beautiful, but I wanted to do things a little differently and opted for the lush green backdrop of the naturally growing vines behind us. The flexibility to do things differently and in our own unique way was really special and something I'm glad we can offer our couples.

It was the most perfect day with the most beautiful setting I could ever ask for!

Profile Picture User1579670, 2+ years ago, 11 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Altar/Arches, Centerpieces, Chairs, Decor, Drapery, Furniture, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Liability Insurance, Set Up, Valet, Uncovered Outdoor, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Bartender(s), Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

Having grown up in Northern New Jersey, my expectations of what a wedding could be was very low. The thought of marble floors, crystal chandeliers, a chocolate fondue fountain, and all of the other fixings of a ‘typical’ North Jersey wedding were horrifying to me. When Dan & I got engaged, we were convinced that we would never find a venue that was in line with our taste while staying in New Jersey. We had thrown around the idea of doing a destination wedding or even eloping. On a whim, I booked a several appointments to tour venues. Crossed Keys was my second and final appointment. As soon as we pulled into the driveway, I knew that this is where we would be married. I felt an instant sense of calm and comfort. Suddenly, the thought of wedding planning did not seem so daunting. All of my concerns floated away when I stepped under that tent for the first time. Needless to say, I went home and canceled all of my other appointments.

Working with Katherine and Jessica during the wedding planning process was a wonderful experience. It was like having two seasoned wedding planners at your fingertips. I would send them emails on a consistent basis with random questions and/or thoughts, and I would ALWAYS have a reply in my inbox less than 20 minutes later. Katherine was able to recommend vendors who were an absolute dream to work with. She referred us to our photographer, who took some of the most breathtaking pictures I have ever seen. We also received the recommendation for our d-jay, who understood our musical vision and brought our party to life.

Two and a half months later, we are still getting compliments on our wedding; the food (the Chilean Sea Bass is a MUST), the setting, the staff, everything about our wedding was perfect. Our wedding would not have been what it was without the help of Katherine and Jessica. I am so grateful that this magical venue and these wonderful people were a part of our special day.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Dan & Kerry, 10/15/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were married at Crossed Keys on September 3rd, just one week after Hurricane Irene - and you never would have known! The location was beautiful, the flowers were in full bloom, and Katherine and her team made everything absolutely perfect. We are still getting compliments on our venue, the food, and the atmosphere from our guests. Katherine was great to work with and helped me design my dream wedding - and then she was there the day of to make sure everything went smoothly! We especially loved having our closest friends and family stay for an after party in the playhouse - it was a really nice touch to end the day. I highly recommend Katherine and Crossed Keys!

Profile Picture User1314778, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Katherine and her able staff delivered on my daughter's vision of her wedding. Our guest are still raving about the whole experience - food, ambiance, truly lovely! I don't know how she does it. We added many personal touches to the reception decor and Katherine was willing to work with us. We had Katherine Designs do all the flower arrangements and we provided all the the vases. She nailed the flowers! PERFECT! When the photos are finished we will send some to Katherine to post on the Crossed Keys website. Almost forgot, we stayed at the main house and it felt like home, very relaxing.

Profile Picture Beth, 10/1/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

It has been two months since our wedding at Crossed Keys Inn and Ajay and I are still hearing from our family and friends about how AMAZING our wedding was. It really was a perfect day, we were so lucky to have found a venue like Crossed Keys. We had a very large wedding about 300 guests, and our goal was to find a venue that would feel like an intimate wedding with again 300 guests and that is totally how it felt on our special day!! Not only is the venue a one of a kind place but so are the owners. Katherine and Jessica were absolutely amazing throughout the entire process!! They always had great suggestions along the way and made the day of the wedding the most flawless event possible! We could have never had the day we had if it was not for them and their staff!! Also I have to mention Celsos, the food was incredible and the guests could not have raved more about it all. I would highly recommend the Crossed Keys Inn to have your wedding, it was one of the best days of my life!!

Profile Picture Kristin, 9/10/11, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

It has been just over a month since we were married at Crossed Keys, and I am still getting so many compliments on our wedding! From the moment we saw Crossed Keys in January with snow covering all of the grounds, we knew we had found the place we wanted to get married! It was the first and ONLY venue we looked at, there was no need to look any further because I had fallen in love with Crossed Keys! Throughout all of the planning, whenever I had any questions, Katherine and Jessica were always there to help!! They responded to emails almost right away, and I never had any doubt or worries about anything! I can't tell you how much that helped put me at ease! When we had ideas about centerpieces and wanted a wood theme, Katherine designed and made these beautiful birch boxes! It was awesome to see how an idea and vision we had, came to fruition because of their hard work and dedication! We LOVED how they came out, everything looked so beautiful! On our wedding day, I can't tell you how many of our guests came up to us and asked, "How did you find this place? It's amazingly beautiful!" I couldn't agree more!! It is truly a magical place! We have received SO MANY compliments from our guests! I have had numerous people tell me it was the BEST WEDDING EVER!! One of those being one of my vendors! Wow, that says A LOT!! People were RAVING about the food!!! Celso and your staff did an incredible job, and everything from the appetizers to the cake were simply delicious!!! When it started to rain about 15 minutes before we were to have our ceremony in the gardens, you and your staff sprung into action moving everything under the tent! Our guests actually told us they liked the ceremony in the tent as it seemed to make the whole affair more cozy!

Thank you Katherine, Celso and Jessica for everything!!! You gave me the most unforgettable wedding of my dreams, and I just cannot thank you enough!! :)

Profile Picture Megan, 8/6/11, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Crossed Keys is simply a gorgeous setting for a spring/summer/fall wedding. The entire group that you are working with are the most professional people that I have ever had the pleasure of working with. Our day flowed without a flaw and the credit all goes to Katherine and Jessica from Crossed Keys. You are receiving top service at the Crossed Keys with a value that will exceed all of your expectations. We received many e-mails after the wedding not only about the beautiful venue but also about the delicious food.
Nancy Mother of the Bride

Profile Picture Nancy, 7/30/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

A wedding at the Crossed Keys truly has the feel of a destination wedding without leaving home. It is the most magical venue surrounded with the most breathtaking sights. We felt as if this sight was made for Jay and I. Even seeing the place in the dead of winter right after a storm we walked on the premises and knew this was the only place we could ever envision ourselves getting married. You could envision it in full bloom and you just knew it would be beautiful! And oh WOW in the heart of the summer did it blow our expectations away!!! It was the perfect balance of elegance with casual undertones that really afforded you the opportunity to make the setting so personalized to your personality like we had flip flops for our guests to kick off their shoes and dance in comfort and an ice cream cart to help cool off from the summer heat. I can not even begin to put into words the professionalism of working with Katherine and Jessica. Although I know I was only one of so many brides they were working with they never made me feel like that. They ALWAYS answered my oh so many emails so promptly and were eager to help me with any questions I had. They were so much more then working with a wedding venue they were truly like having personal wedding planners. The Crossed Keys and Event Designs from Katherine really takes your vision to a new level by going above and beyond to help make my ideas a reality. Something I could have never done without them. I can not recommend the Crossed Keys enough!!! It truly gave us the wedding of our Dreams!!!!!!! It was the most perfect day and I can not thank the staff at Crossed Keys enough!! I still can't get over the emails, texts, calls I am still getting from friends and family saying that it was "one of the best weddings they have ever been to from the food, to the setting to the staff".....I can't agree more!! Perfect Day!! Wish we could do it again every summer!!!

Profile Picture stacy, 7/30/11, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Planning

If you are looking for a unique and magical venue, then this is the one! it's more than unique and magical...it's everything my husband and I ever envisioned for our wedding. We recently got married on July 23, and I will not change anything about that day. I had found the Crossed Keys website when I was browsing venues, and I did not look any further. We met with Katherine on February 2010, it was a rough winter and the grounds were covered with snow. I can honestly say that We fell in love with The Crossed Keys almost immediately. Needless to say, Katherine is absolutely amazing. She worked with us from day one! She was 100% available whenever we needed her, her suggestions were extremely helpful, and she just made everything run smoothly. I am forever thankful to her and her daughter Jessica for all of their help. We were in constant communication from the beginning. it was difficult for me since my mother lives out of the country to think of everything, but Katherine kept me grounded. Everyone that attended our wedding continues to congratulate me on such beautiful venue and delicious food. Celsos, our catering provider, also Katherine's husband, was amazing to work with. Their food was exquisite! The service was marvelous. Their bartenders, waiters, and waitresses were very professional and very friendly. I could not have asked for a better place. I know my dream became reality..not only did i marry my prince charming, but I was able to have the most amazing garden wedding I had always dreamed about. Thank you Katherine, Thank you Celsos, Thank you Jessica.. and I cannot wait to see you guys next year to celebrate our first anniversary at the Crossed Keys

Gabby & Woodney
=) XOXO

Profile Picture Gabriela, 7/23/11, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Katherine and everyone at the Inn helped me have the most beautiful wedding day! My family, friends, and of course my husband and I can not stop talking about it. It is a day I will never forget and I know I will return to the Inn for my Anniversary!

Profile Picture Victoria, 7/16/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My brother and his new wife had their wedding at the Crossed Keys Inn and it was great. My family has not stopped raving about how wonderful everything turned out. It is truly a gem in NJ. The staff of he Crossed Keys was so friendly and helpful. Thank you for making our family wedding a memorable affair.

Profile Picture Tara, 6/25/11, 1 Review