Crossed Keys Estate Reviews

150 | Andover, NJ

150 Reviews for Crossed Keys Estate

150 Crossed Keys Estate Reviews

Marybeth · Married on 10/08/2016

Crossed Keys Estate is the perfect wedding venue! From the start, Katherine and Jessica made us feel like we were a part of their family!! Everything we wanted and asked for was done - and done exquisitely!! The food was absolutely phenomenal and we are still getting rave reviews about our most perfect, special day!

Anna · Married on 10/02/2016

There are so many beautiful reviews about Crossed Keys, that I am having a hard time trying to figure out what else could be said about this amazing venue that hasn't been already. The grounds are stunning; the tent is a dreamy space that can be transformed to fit your vision, the playhouse is the perfect place to get ready with your bridal party, the stone cottage is exactly where you want to spend your wedding night, and the firepit (especially when it's time for smores) is always a hit with guests. The service that this family and their staff provide is impeccable & the food is just mouthwatering (our wedding was a month ago, and our guests still can't stop talking about it). However, what I really want to drive home is how amazing this whole process was for me. Crossed Keys is run by a family and Katherine & Jessica made me feel like I was a part of theirs from the first time I met them and that made all the difference in the world. They are with you every step of the way and I could tell how much they care about making sure you have the wedding of your dreams, which I did.

Our fall wedding was just magical. The floral arrangements & decorations exceeded my expectations in every way. It was their attention to detail that made my vision come alive. I am so thankful to them for going above & beyond to make sure our wedding felt so authentically us.

I highly recommend this venue to future bride & grooms. You get amazing value for the amount you spend and all of our guests said that this was the best wedding they ever attended. Crossed Keys is simply the best!!

• Brittany

Brittany · Married on 10/01/2016

Before getting engaged I was a bridesmaid 7 times, my husband was a groomsmen 3 times and we had been to what most referred to as an "insane" amount of weddings up and down the east coast and into the Caribbean over the last few years. Because of all this the thought of stepping inside another catering hall, winery, or country club made us want to run away screaming and just elope. We felt like we had seen it all, eaten it all, and been to every type of wedding there is; until we found the Crossed Keys. We toured the Crossed Keys in the dead of winter - the tent wasn't up, the trees were bare, the grounds were covered in snow and we still absolutely loved it. Aside from the Crossed Keys being beyond picturesque Katherine and Jessica make each and every wedding they plan 110% perfection and you feel like you have not one but two amazing wedding planners working around the clock just for you. Every little detail was taken care of for us, their flower design is breath taking and the food is OUTRAGEOUS. Katherine and Jessica are such talented wedding planners that they know exactly what to take care of to fit any vision you might have but also how to let you make requests to customize the day and make it your own. As I mentioned both my husband and I and all our friends and family have been to so so many weddings over the last year we knew we had a lot to compete with (for lack of a better word) to make sure our day did not fall into the "just another wedding" category. Well we've been married for 3 weeks now and people still have not stopped talking about the wedding and recapping the whole day. The Crossed Keys truly will bring your pinterest page to life and you'll be dreaming about the food for weeks after

Spencer · Married on 09/25/2016

My husband and I had our wedding at Crossed Keys Estate in September of 2016 and it was incredible. They were attentive to every detail and are total pros when it comes to throwing a great party. The garden, the tent, the playhouse - were all in excellent condition and very well kept. The food was fantastic! Especially the appetizers, which got rave reviews from all of our guests. Jessica did a wonderful job with all of our floral arrangements and centerpieces. She spent a lot of time listening to exactly what we wanted and working hard to make sure that we got exactly what we had envisioned. Jessica, Katherine and their entire staff worked hard to make our wedding truly spectacular - we are so grateful to them and strongly recommend Crossed Keys Estate for anyone planning their wedding.

Sent on 11/28/2016

Crossed Keys Estate's reply:

Thank you so much! It was such a unique and beautiful wedding and we will never forget it!

Meghan · Married on 09/10/2016

We could go on about how beautiful a venue Crossed Keys is, but that's evident in every photo of the grounds. But go see it for yourself, it's even better in person. Many of our guests were all out-of-towners with little NJ experience, and the phrase "I had no idea Jersey was so beautiful" was heard all weekend about CK and Andover. However, where CK sets itself apart from others even more is the experience they provide. So many of our friends had talked of the need for wedding coordinators and the stress of their wedding day. We had NONE of that working with CK. They guided us through the planning of a large long-distance wedding amid our hectic lives in Chicago and made what could have been an very stressful process manageable and fun. They really care about their clients, and provide you with confidence in their professionalism that allows you to enjoy the process, which is so important. There will be times when you think there is so much to do in the days leading up to your wedding, that there's no way it will all get done, and get done right. It will at Crossed Keys. Our wedding went off without a hitch and we could actually focus on each other and our guests while the amazing staff at CK managed every detail. (And all through the day Katherine and Jessica were still there for us, reminding us to eat and somehow always making sure a drink made its way to us when we needed one!)

We also are compelled to talk about the food. The food the food! The Rodriguez family, who cater the event, are culinary wizards. We are not exaggerating. The menu was fabulous and executed perfectly. You will never eat better at a wedding that you will at CK, and your guests will be telling you how wonderful it was for months.

We can't recommend CK strongly enough!

Spoiler: This is Jessica, an employee at Crossed Keys Estate. I am very biased, obviously, but this note is not going to review the service, food, etc. (which were all amazing! I actually ate!) but more so share my story of how it felt to be on the other side of the aisle. I look at pictures of the venue every day as I am the marketing manager at Crossed Keys Estate. Every wedding album moves me to tears. The beauty of the estate is something that cannot be explained because it is literally engrained in every tree and blade of grass that has been growing there for over 200 years. I am always amazed at how I never get used to that beauty.

I could not imagine getting married anywhere else but an outdoor setting. The day seems brighter, friends & family seem more free to roam, everything just feels picture perfect. Swinging with my new spouse while we watched our guests in the tent was my favorite moment of the day, hands down. Getting to take a step back from the party but still see everyone enjoying themselves was so nice.

Having that space for people to smoke cigars outside but still feel like a part of the event, hang out by the fire pit area and still hear the music, watch the cake cutting without having to leave the bar or dance floor - that openness was so important to us so everyone felt included whether they were out on the lawn having a chat or dancing right on stage with the band!

Getting married in front of the fence was also a different way to do the ceremony than our couples normally do. The backdrop of the English garden and Stone Cottage is SO beautiful, but I wanted to do things a little differently and opted for the lush green backdrop of the naturally growing vines behind us. The flexibility to do things differently and in our own unique way was really special and something I'm glad we can offer our couples.

It was the most perfect day with the most beautiful setting I could ever ask for!

Heather · Married on 07/22/2016

Overall amazing experience! Crossed Keys put together the rustic romantic wedding of our dreams! The venue is absolutely picture perfect and my family and friends have NOT stopped raving about the food! We are so happy we found this place!

Heidi · Married on 05/29/2016

Crossed Keys Estate is the perfect setting for a day filled with love, laughter, and happiness! My husband and I had our wedding reception at Crossed Keys this past May. It is difficult to put into words just how special a day we experienced. From the moment we secured the venue, Katherine and Jessica were very helpful and always readily available to answer questions. My husband and I were planning our wedding from Europe and what could have been a very stressful and frustrating time was quite the opposite. Crossed Keys has a network of trusted vendors, which was very instrumental during the planning process. I was amazed at how may vendors thoroughly enjoy and welcome the opportunity to work at Crossed Keys with Katherine, Jessica and the rest of their team. With our comfort level throughout the entire process, we knew we made the right decision for our wedding venue. Crossed Keys' passion, attention to detail, and genuine caring are just a few things that set them apart from the rest. The wide selection of truly gourmet food items from the hor d’oeuvres, salad, main course, cake and sorbet were amazing. Our guests are still talking about the beauty of the property, the delicious food, beautiful flowers and decor. The overwhelming feeling of beauty and charm when you walk the grounds is just the beginning of a wonderful experience. Thank you again Katherine, Jessica and everyone else at Crossed Keys for helping to create our dream wedding — we wish we could do it again!

Amber · Married on 05/14/2016

While searching for a non-traditional, rustic, wedding venue we came across The Crossed Keys Estate in Andover, NJ. Even though we toured the property in the dead of winter, and had to imagine how beautiful the grounds would look come spring, we instantly fell in love. Katherine and Jessica were just wonderful - every email (and there were many) was answered promptly, there was no detail left unattended, no question left unanswered.

The day of the wedding arrived and the weather forecast called for thunderstorms and HAIL (Yes, HAIL!) for the ENTIRE day, but Katherine and Jessica assured us that it would be okay, and it turned out ABSOLUTELY PERFECT. From the moment our guests arrived, until the very last drink was served at the after party (we rented the Crossed Keys Inn for our bridal party) the entire day was a dream come true. The playhouse is such an adorable location for the bridesmaids to get ready in. We held our ceremony in the private garden and it was gorgeous. The tent and flowers were spectacular and looked even more beautiful than I imagined they would. And everyone LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the food.Katherine, Jessica, Celsos Caterers and their team were so professional and such gracious hosts, the day unfolded without a hitch. In fact, we're still getting compliments from friends and family!!!

It rained for less than an hour while the salads were served, but hardly anyone noticed. In fact, the grounds were even more picturesque when the rain stopped and the sun came out! My only regret is that both my husband and I missed the Smores served by the fire pit. I honestly cannot say enough good things about this venue or the people who work there. I would get married at The Crossed Keys Estate a million more times if I could, and would HIGHLY recommended it to any bride looking for an unforgettable, elegant, country wedding.

Karen · Married on 09/26/2015

You see the venue online and it's breathtaking. However, to see it in person you realize online images simply can't do it enough justice. You have to experience crossed keys!!! Then to top it off, you are welcomed with opened arms by a beautiful family who literally walk you step by step through each process. Katherine, her Husband Celsos, and Daughter Jessica were and absolute pleasure to work with. We felt like family. Our guests were blown away by the venue, from the drive in to the beautiful tent and fire pit. There are so many picturesque moments. The food was amazing, and had our guests raving as well. This was truly and experience with memories to last a lifetime. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

Estee · Married on 09/12/2015

I stumbled upon The Crossed Keys by mistake as I was looking for tented venues by the beach. While we had our hearts set on a wedding in the sand, we figured we'd take the ride & check it out based on the amazing pictures we'd seen. We pulled up, saw the grounds & felt our minds changing as we walked to meet Katherine. By the time we left, we knew no other location could possibly beat out what we just looked at. We went home & read reviews, which solidified it for us. We sold it to our parents, signed a contract & began planning. Katherine & Jessica have the planning & execution down to science. Any questions or concerns we had were answered & handled with professionalism, care, & most of all, kindness. Planning a wedding with 2 sets of parents can be trying at times. Well, we had 3 and those two knew how to juggle all of the different personalities & opinions with ease. At 4PM the day before, the dads decided that they wanted to add a carving station at cocktail hour. Katherine made the calls needed & made it happen. The day of, it rained! The one thing you don't want when planning an outdoor wedding, right!? Well, it didn't even matter. It might have been even more beautiful & more romantic with the rain. Katherine & Jess had the indoor back up plan up & running like it was something they did every weekend & said all the right things to this stressed bride. Our parents wanted to offer our guests meal choices, Katherine told us the smart move would be to do what they do best, which are duets. My advice would be to always listen to Katherine, they know what they're doing. Speaking of food, people still tell me how awesome the food was. From our great cocktail hour, to the delicious dinner, everything was perfect! The cake & dessert were amazing as well! I follow The Crossed Keys on social media, every time they post pictures I always ask my husband if we can do it again soon. While every wedding day has it's glitches, I'd get married here over & over & over again!

Margaret · Married on 09/06/2015

Crossed Keys Inn made our wedding dreams come true! It was the perfect location to marry my husband with all our closest friends and family around. They made the whole wedding experience so easy which made life a whole lot less stressful! Katherine and Jessica and the rest of their team know what they are doing and do it absolutely beyond perfectly! From the venue, inn, food and flowers, everything was perfect! We will forever cherish what they all did for us on our special day. Many of our guest have shared that our wedding has been the best wedding they have been to! That everything was so personal and perfect down to all the little details. I would highly recommend!!

Amber · Married on 09/05/2015

Let me start by saying my now husband and I didn’t want to have just another “big wedding.” We wanted something different, something special and memorable that was us. We went back and forth so many times on what venue we wanted and how many people to have and were starting to panic that we hadn’t found a place that felt right. The second we pulled onto the property at Crossed Keys Inn he turned to me and said, this is the place. This is amazing, and that was before we even knew what we were getting ourselves into.

No description on a website nor replicated emotions could ever even come close to describing the experience that Katherine and the CKI team put together for our wedding. It was honestly and truly, in every sense of the word, perfect. Not a single detail was overlooked and everything came together to make the day more amazing than we could have ever imagined. From the very first moment we met Katherine, she greeted us with hugs and such a comforting demeanor that we felt like she was family, and over the year we worked with her planning our big day, it is safe to say she now is.

If you are looking for a truly special wedding. Something fun, beautiful, different, and memorable not just for you, but for everyone involved, you would be selling yourself short going anywhere else. Katherine and her team at Crossed Keys are absolutely the best out there and I can say whole heartedly that my wedding would not have been as special if it weren’t for them. Our day was so perfect and so much fun that it makes me want to plan another wedding just to do it all over again, and any bride that has or is planning their own wedding understands how much that means.

Carly · Married on 08/29/2015

I cannot say enough about the Crossed Keys Inn and its amazing team. Our wedding weekend was beyond perfect and far surpassed our hopes and dreams. CK was the first venue I looked at with my then fiance, my mom, and my future mother-in-law. As soon as we got out of the car, we knew we didn't have to look further. After booking CK, Katherine and Jessica helped reassure us throughout the process and calm any nerves we had. I had a vision for my overall theme and flowers but couldn't quite put it into words. Jessica ran with it and everything came out better than a Pinterest board. Our friends and family are still talking about the day almost 2 months later, and I'm sure it will continue to go on. We were so proud and excited to have our guests arrive that afternoon and couldn't wait to show off what the team had worked so hard on. Katherine made sure my husband and I always had a plate of food and a full drink in front of us. It was totally unexpected and much appreciated! We were too busy to eat the cocktail hour food (even though Katherine had a plate for me) but people are still talking about how amazing it all was! On top of everything they did for the wedding itself, Katherine drove over my forgotten decorations to the rehearsal dinner to help me avoid a mini meltdown. I can never thank CK enough for giving us the wedding we'd always dreamed of but never thought we could pull off. Grab the first available date if you're looking for not just a wedding venue, but an entire wedding experience!

Sent on 10/24/2015

Crossed Keys Estate's reply:

Can't thank you enough for this glowing review! It means so much to us. We loved every second of your wedding - can we do it again? :) We wish you two a lifetime of love and happiness.

Russ · Married on 08/22/2015

Wow! Amazing location, amazing staff, a great experience in a beautiful setting. I have been to a lot of weddings and Crossed Keys takes the cake! If you want to experience an intimate yet unforgettable event you have to have your wedding here. As you walk the gravel path with the trees lining grounds, you get a sense of the romance of the south, yet the beautiful setting of Northern New Jersey. A must destination for anyone wanting to have a wedding that indulges your guests in comfort and hospitality. The food is amazing, the ambiance of the reception is unparalleled, and fire pits at night add that special touch. A great experience, a wonderful staff that made you feel like family and one of the nicest weddings we have ever been a part. Highly recommend any couple to check this out as your wedding destination you will not be disappointed.

christina · Married on 08/01/2015

Crossed Keys Inn is the most magical venue surrounded with the most breathtaking sights we have ever seen.The second we stepped foot on the Crossed Keys Inn we instantly fell in love.We loved the gorgeous tent for the reception, amazing private garden for the ceremony and also the ample space that our guests had to walk leisurely around the grounds.Our vision for our wedding was to have a comfortable, rustic chic, party atmosphere experience.Katherine and her team gave us exactly what we dreamed of!I cannot even begin to put into words the professionalism of working with Katherine and Jessica.They always answered our emails so promptly and were eager to help us with any questions we had.Celso and his team did a tremendous job with the food.The quality of food is something that was very important to J and I.Our expectations were greatly surpassed.All our guests raved about the appetizers and dinner being out of this world! I just wish we could have had a chance to try everything that day, but being the bride and groom it is so hard to try everything since your are pulled into multiple directions.Katherine though was on top of J and I to make sure that we ate.I really appreciated that!On the day of the wedding, Katherine and her team did an amazing job.They kept all of the aspects of the wedding and ceremony moving along seamlessly and were incredibly accommodating to the wedding party and our families.From the flower arrangements to the lace and burlap runners, to my bouquet everything came into place.All the guests were in awe with how everything turned out.People are still saying this was the best wedding they have ever been to!J and I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone looking for an outdoor wedding that is set in a beautiful location,that feels intimate and where you and the guests are treated as family.Our day was beyond perfect from sun, to rain, to rainbows, and full moon!I just wish we could have been guests at our own wedding.

Raquel · Married on 06/27/2015

The team at Crossed Keys is absolutely fantastic!

They are responsive, calculated and attentive.
    Friendly, easygoing, sweet and kind.

They listened to our taste and vision for the big day and meticulously crafted every detail of our wedding perfectly.

We felt a big weight lifted off our shoulders, as we looked around and noticed that everything was taken care of and beautifully handled.

Our family absolutely adored their personality, spirit and welcoming energy.

They consciously take care of you and all your needs, even before you realize you need anything.

Everything was timed perfectly and it never felt like it went by too fast nor did the day slip through our fingers.

We were blessed with an all day downpour and despite the crazy rain and gushing wind we had, they successfully pulled everything together and handled it like pros.
    The rain did not become the center of our day and to be honest we barely even remember it, that’s how much fun we had.

The day went on without a glitch and we really enjoyed the gorgeous space and the team behind making it all come together.

Elliot · Married on 06/20/2015

Marvelous venue for our daughter's wedding.

Staff was exceptionally responsive to all our needs and requests.

Food and service was first rate!

We highly recommend Crossed Keys for any special occasion!

Kathy · Married on 06/13/2015

If you are looking for a venue in NJ for an outdoor/tented wedding...look no more!!! I can't say enough about the magnificent grounds, the amazing food and outstanding staff!!! My daughter's wedding was everything she dreamed it would be and more! The place is just magical....like out of a storybook!!!

Rachel · Married on 06/07/2015

Katherine was so very responsive and so easy to work with. My vision for the wedding was unique, and Katherine understood me immediately and worked tirelessly to create the wedding that was right for me and my husband. I can't express how much that meant to us. Not only was she professional, kind and responsive, but she was able to take my vision and values and apply them to the day in a way that was seamless and stunning. She was also open to my special requests (such as having specialty performances and out-of-season flowers), which was also very important to me.

Sent on 06/30/2015

Crossed Keys Estate's reply:

It was really a pleasure working with you on your unique wedding. There's nothing we love more than bringing creative dreams to life for a day as special as your wedding. We wish you and Charley all the best!

Lauren · Married on 06/07/2015

Katherine and Jessica and crew did an exceptional job with my daughter's wedding. They were on top of everything and always attentive and responsive. It was a perfect day and we couldn't be more pleased with Crossed Keys and Katherine. Food, decor, flowers service ; everything was perfect!

Courtney · Married on 05/16/2015

Where do I even begin; the grounds and the landscape, nestled in beautiful gardens with a stunning view of rolling hills. This venue was the first and last place we looked at for our wedding. As soon as we met Katherine and she walked us around the grounds we instantly knew nothing would compare to the Crossed Keys Inn. Our wedding day was more perfect than anything I could have dreamed. If you want a beautiful canvas to customize and personalize your wedding this place is it. Katherine and Jessica provided all the guidance any overwhelmed bride could want and need. The floral designs Jessica provided was amazing; flowers I never heard of, but were exactly what I wanted. All our guests raved about the food and I couldn't agree more! The cocktail hour was displayed so beautifully and the dinner was unlike any wedding dinner I've had. I would recommend this venue to anybody who wants a beautiful wedding with a beautiful landscape and the most talented and creative people to bring your dreams to life. The Crossed Keys Inn will certainly not disappoint and was the perfect place to start our lives together!

Sent on 06/18/2015

Crossed Keys Estate's reply:

Thank you for this beautiful review Courtney! I'm glad we could make your wedding day so memorable and make that awesome bouquet for you :)

Alaina · Married on 10/25/2014

Cannot say enough about the venue- food was great, the venue itself is spectacular and the staff were hands on the best. Made me and my husband feel the way a bride and groom should feel on their wedding day. They got us anything and everything we needed or asked for. Everyone said it was the best wedding they had been to- it was a wonderful experience and would do it all over again if I could- the after party was a blast and everythinf was just so easy and smooth. Thank you for making my day special and dealing with the little twists and turns that all wedding experience!

Sent on 11/16/2014

Crossed Keys Estate's reply:

It was a pleasure Alaina!

Lauren · Married on 09/06/2014

As a recent bride at CK, I can't think of a more picturesque place to have your wedding. CK is beyond idyllic in every way. Katherine and her team work tirelessly to meet every need you may have. Whatever detail you dream up, rest assured Katherine can and will make it happen to your amazement. From the gorgeous and thoughtful flower arrangements that Katherine designs so artistically, to the full assistance with furniture/china/linen rentals, set up of their photobooth, wide array of delicious food stations/menu items cooked in house to choose from all down to the day of coordination with Katherine orchestrating every detail to perfection. Katherine pulled it all together and I was amazed and in awe. She helped make our wedding day the most beautiful day we can remember. I have received so many compliments on the location, set up, event coordination, flowers, food and beautiful details that I have lost track! CK is exceptional in every way and having your wedding here will surely surpass every dream you think you have of your gorgeous outdoor garden wedding. Enjoy!

Sent on 12/31/2014

Crossed Keys Estate's reply:

We had such a great time planning and designing your wedding. Always a pleasure to work with creative, wonderful brides.

Donnamarie · Married on 08/30/2014

My niece was married at Crossed Keys Inn last weekend. It was one if the most beautiful weddings I have ever attended. There was not a detail that was overlooked. The venue is beautiful, so charming. The food was delish!!! Presentation was stunning! Flowers, the fire pit all stunning!!! Katherine is a delightful and attentive hostess. It was certainly a memorable occasion!