146 Reviews for Crossed Keys Estate

House Liquor (1)
Dance Floor (1)
Lighting (1)
146 Crossed Keys Estate Reviews

We could go on about how beautiful a venue Crossed Keys is, but that's evident in every photo of the grounds. But go see it for yourself, it's even better in person. Many of our guests were all out-of-towners with little NJ experience, and the phrase "I had no idea Jersey was so beautiful" was heard all weekend about CK and Andover. However, where CK sets itself apart from others even more is the experience they provide. So many of our friends had talked of the need for wedding coordinators and the stress of their wedding day. We had NONE of that working with CK. They guided us through the planning of a large long-distance wedding amid our hectic lives in Chicago and made what could have been an very stressful process manageable and fun. They really care about their clients, and provide you with confidence in their professionalism that allows you to enjoy the process, which is so important. There will be times when you think there is so much to do in the days leading up to your wedding, that there's no way it will all get done, and get done right. It will at Crossed Keys. Our wedding went off without a hitch and we could actually focus on each other and our guests while the amazing staff at CK managed every detail. (And all through the day Katherine and Jessica were still there for us, reminding us to eat and somehow always making sure a drink made its way to us when we needed one!)

We also are compelled to talk about the food. The food the food! The Rodriguez family, who cater the event, are culinary wizards. We are not exaggerating. The menu was fabulous and executed perfectly. You will never eat better at a wedding that you will at CK, and your guests will be telling you how wonderful it was for months.

We can't recommend CK strongly enough!

Profile Picture Meghan, 9/10/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers

Overall amazing experience! Crossed Keys put together the rustic romantic wedding of our dreams! The venue is absolutely picture perfect and my family and friends have NOT stopped raving about the food! We are so happy we found this place!

Profile Picture Heather, 7/22/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Crossed Keys Estate is the perfect setting for a day filled with love, laughter, and happiness! My husband and I had our wedding reception at Crossed Keys this past May. It is difficult to put into words just how special a day we experienced. From the moment we secured the venue, Katherine and Jessica were very helpful and always readily available to answer questions. My husband and I were planning our wedding from Europe and what could have been a very stressful and frustrating time was quite the opposite. Crossed Keys has a network of trusted vendors, which was very instrumental during the planning process. I was amazed at how may vendors thoroughly enjoy and welcome the opportunity to work at Crossed Keys with Katherine, Jessica and the rest of their team. With our comfort level throughout the entire process, we knew we made the right decision for our wedding venue. Crossed Keys' passion, attention to detail, and genuine caring are just a few things that set them apart from the rest. The wide selection of truly gourmet food items from the hor d’oeuvres, salad, main course, cake and sorbet were amazing. Our guests are still talking about the beauty of the property, the delicious food, beautiful flowers and decor. The overwhelming feeling of beauty and charm when you walk the grounds is just the beginning of a wonderful experience. Thank you again Katherine, Jessica and everyone else at Crossed Keys for helping to create our dream wedding — we wish we could do it again!

Profile Picture Heidi, 5/29/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

While searching for a non-traditional, rustic, wedding venue we came across The Crossed Keys Estate in Andover, NJ. Even though we toured the property in the dead of winter, and had to imagine how beautiful the grounds would look come spring, we instantly fell in love. Katherine and Jessica were just wonderful - every email (and there were many) was answered promptly, there was no detail left unattended, no question left unanswered.

The day of the wedding arrived and the weather forecast called for thunderstorms and HAIL (Yes, HAIL!) for the ENTIRE day, but Katherine and Jessica assured us that it would be okay, and it turned out ABSOLUTELY PERFECT. From the moment our guests arrived, until the very last drink was served at the after party (we rented the Crossed Keys Inn for our bridal party) the entire day was a dream come true. The playhouse is such an adorable location for the bridesmaids to get ready in. We held our ceremony in the private garden and it was gorgeous. The tent and flowers were spectacular and looked even more beautiful than I imagined they would. And everyone LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the food.Katherine, Jessica, Celsos Caterers and their team were so professional and such gracious hosts, the day unfolded without a hitch. In fact, we're still getting compliments from friends and family!!!

It rained for less than an hour while the salads were served, but hardly anyone noticed. In fact, the grounds were even more picturesque when the rain stopped and the sun came out! My only regret is that both my husband and I missed the Smores served by the fire pit. I honestly cannot say enough good things about this venue or the people who work there. I would get married at The Crossed Keys Estate a million more times if I could, and would HIGHLY recommended it to any bride looking for an unforgettable, elegant, country wedding.

Profile Picture Amber, 5/14/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

You see the venue online and it's breathtaking. However, to see it in person you realize online images simply can't do it enough justice. You have to experience crossed keys!!! Then to top it off, you are welcomed with opened arms by a beautiful family who literally walk you step by step through each process. Katherine, her Husband Celsos, and Daughter Jessica were and absolute pleasure to work with. We felt like family. Our guests were blown away by the venue, from the drive in to the beautiful tent and fire pit. There are so many picturesque moments. The food was amazing, and had our guests raving as well. This was truly and experience with memories to last a lifetime. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

Profile Picture Karen, 9/26/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

I stumbled upon The Crossed Keys by mistake as I was looking for tented venues by the beach. While we had our hearts set on a wedding in the sand, we figured we'd take the ride & check it out based on the amazing pictures we'd seen. We pulled up, saw the grounds & felt our minds changing as we walked to meet Katherine. By the time we left, we knew no other location could possibly beat out what we just looked at. We went home & read reviews, which solidified it for us. We sold it to our parents, signed a contract & began planning. Katherine & Jessica have the planning & execution down to science. Any questions or concerns we had were answered & handled with professionalism, care, & most of all, kindness. Planning a wedding with 2 sets of parents can be trying at times. Well, we had 3 and those two knew how to juggle all of the different personalities & opinions with ease. At 4PM the day before, the dads decided that they wanted to add a carving station at cocktail hour. Katherine made the calls needed & made it happen. The day of, it rained! The one thing you don't want when planning an outdoor wedding, right!? Well, it didn't even matter. It might have been even more beautiful & more romantic with the rain. Katherine & Jess had the indoor back up plan up & running like it was something they did every weekend & said all the right things to this stressed bride. Our parents wanted to offer our guests meal choices, Katherine told us the smart move would be to do what they do best, which are duets. My advice would be to always listen to Katherine, they know what they're doing. Speaking of food, people still tell me how awesome the food was. From our great cocktail hour, to the delicious dinner, everything was perfect! The cake & dessert were amazing as well! I follow The Crossed Keys on social media, every time they post pictures I always ask my husband if we can do it again soon. While every wedding day has it's glitches, I'd get married here over & over & over again!

Profile Picture Estee, 9/12/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Crossed Keys Inn made our wedding dreams come true! It was the perfect location to marry my husband with all our closest friends and family around. They made the whole wedding experience so easy which made life a whole lot less stressful! Katherine and Jessica and the rest of their team know what they are doing and do it absolutely beyond perfectly! From the venue, inn, food and flowers, everything was perfect! We will forever cherish what they all did for us on our special day. Many of our guest have shared that our wedding has been the best wedding they have been to! That everything was so personal and perfect down to all the little details. I would highly recommend!!

Profile Picture Margaret, 9/6/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Let me start by saying my now husband and I didn’t want to have just another “big wedding.” We wanted something different, something special and memorable that was us. We went back and forth so many times on what venue we wanted and how many people to have and were starting to panic that we hadn’t found a place that felt right. The second we pulled onto the property at Crossed Keys Inn he turned to me and said, this is the place. This is amazing, and that was before we even knew what we were getting ourselves into.

No description on a website nor replicated emotions could ever even come close to describing the experience that Katherine and the CKI team put together for our wedding. It was honestly and truly, in every sense of the word, perfect. Not a single detail was overlooked and everything came together to make the day more amazing than we could have ever imagined. From the very first moment we met Katherine, she greeted us with hugs and such a comforting demeanor that we felt like she was family, and over the year we worked with her planning our big day, it is safe to say she now is.

If you are looking for a truly special wedding. Something fun, beautiful, different, and memorable not just for you, but for everyone involved, you would be selling yourself short going anywhere else. Katherine and her team at Crossed Keys are absolutely the best out there and I can say whole heartedly that my wedding would not have been as special if it weren’t for them. Our day was so perfect and so much fun that it makes me want to plan another wedding just to do it all over again, and any bride that has or is planning their own wedding understands how much that means.

Profile Picture Amber, 9/5/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot say enough about the Crossed Keys Inn and its amazing team. Our wedding weekend was beyond perfect and far surpassed our hopes and dreams. CK was the first venue I looked at with my then fiance, my mom, and my future mother-in-law. As soon as we got out of the car, we knew we didn't have to look further. After booking CK, Katherine and Jessica helped reassure us throughout the process and calm any nerves we had. I had a vision for my overall theme and flowers but couldn't quite put it into words. Jessica ran with it and everything came out better than a Pinterest board. Our friends and family are still talking about the day almost 2 months later, and I'm sure it will continue to go on. We were so proud and excited to have our guests arrive that afternoon and couldn't wait to show off what the team had worked so hard on. Katherine made sure my husband and I always had a plate of food and a full drink in front of us. It was totally unexpected and much appreciated! We were too busy to eat the cocktail hour food (even though Katherine had a plate for me) but people are still talking about how amazing it all was! On top of everything they did for the wedding itself, Katherine drove over my forgotten decorations to the rehearsal dinner to help me avoid a mini meltdown. I can never thank CK enough for giving us the wedding we'd always dreamed of but never thought we could pull off. Grab the first available date if you're looking for not just a wedding venue, but an entire wedding experience!

Profile Picture Carly, 8/29/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wow! Amazing location, amazing staff, a great experience in a beautiful setting. I have been to a lot of weddings and Crossed Keys takes the cake! If you want to experience an intimate yet unforgettable event you have to have your wedding here. As you walk the gravel path with the trees lining grounds, you get a sense of the romance of the south, yet the beautiful setting of Northern New Jersey. A must destination for anyone wanting to have a wedding that indulges your guests in comfort and hospitality. The food is amazing, the ambiance of the reception is unparalleled, and fire pits at night add that special touch. A great experience, a wonderful staff that made you feel like family and one of the nicest weddings we have ever been a part. Highly recommend any couple to check this out as your wedding destination you will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture Russ, 8/22/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)

Crossed Keys Inn is the most magical venue surrounded with the most breathtaking sights we have ever seen.The second we stepped foot on the Crossed Keys Inn we instantly fell in love.We loved the gorgeous tent for the reception, amazing private garden for the ceremony and also the ample space that our guests had to walk leisurely around the grounds.Our vision for our wedding was to have a comfortable, rustic chic, party atmosphere experience.Katherine and her team gave us exactly what we dreamed of!I cannot even begin to put into words the professionalism of working with Katherine and Jessica.They always answered our emails so promptly and were eager to help us with any questions we had.Celso and his team did a tremendous job with the food.The quality of food is something that was very important to J and I.Our expectations were greatly surpassed.All our guests raved about the appetizers and dinner being out of this world! I just wish we could have had a chance to try everything that day, but being the bride and groom it is so hard to try everything since your are pulled into multiple directions.Katherine though was on top of J and I to make sure that we ate.I really appreciated that!On the day of the wedding, Katherine and her team did an amazing job.They kept all of the aspects of the wedding and ceremony moving along seamlessly and were incredibly accommodating to the wedding party and our families.From the flower arrangements to the lace and burlap runners, to my bouquet everything came into place.All the guests were in awe with how everything turned out.People are still saying this was the best wedding they have ever been to!J and I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone looking for an outdoor wedding that is set in a beautiful location,that feels intimate and where you and the guests are treated as family.Our day was beyond perfect from sun, to rain, to rainbows, and full moon!I just wish we could have been guests at our own wedding.

Profile Picture christina, 8/1/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The team at Crossed Keys is absolutely fantastic!

They are responsive, calculated and attentive.
Friendly, easygoing, sweet and kind.

They listened to our taste and vision for the big day and meticulously crafted every detail of our wedding perfectly.

We felt a big weight lifted off our shoulders, as we looked around and noticed that everything was taken care of and beautifully handled.

Our family absolutely adored their personality, spirit and welcoming energy.

They consciously take care of you and all your needs, even before you realize you need anything.

Everything was timed perfectly and it never felt like it went by too fast nor did the day slip through our fingers.

We were blessed with an all day downpour and despite the crazy rain and gushing wind we had, they successfully pulled everything together and handled it like pros.
The rain did not become the center of our day and to be honest we barely even remember it, that’s how much fun we had.

The day went on without a glitch and we really enjoyed the gorgeous space and the team behind making it all come together.

Profile Picture Raquel, 6/27/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Bartender(s), Valet, Aisle Markers, Altar/Arches, Centerpieces, Chairs, Decor, Drapery, Furniture, Photobooth, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents, Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up

Marvelous venue for our daughter's wedding.

Staff was exceptionally responsive to all our needs and requests.

Food and service was first rate!

We highly recommend Crossed Keys for any special occasion!

Profile Picture Elliot, 6/20/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Transportation, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

If you are looking for a venue in NJ for an outdoor/tented wedding...look no more!!! I can't say enough about the magnificent grounds, the amazing food and outstanding staff!!! My daughter's wedding was everything she dreamed it would be and more! The place is just magical....like out of a storybook!!!

Profile Picture Kathy, 6/13/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Cake

Katherine was so very responsive and so easy to work with. My vision for the wedding was unique, and Katherine understood me immediately and worked tirelessly to create the wedding that was right for me and my husband. I can't express how much that meant to us. Not only was she professional, kind and responsive, but she was able to take my vision and values and apply them to the day in a way that was seamless and stunning. She was also open to my special requests (such as having specialty performances and out-of-season flowers), which was also very important to me.

Profile Picture Rachel, 6/7/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Katherine and Jessica and crew did an exceptional job with my daughter's wedding. They were on top of everything and always attentive and responsive. It was a perfect day and we couldn't be more pleased with Crossed Keys and Katherine. Food, decor, flowers service ; everything was perfect!

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/7/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Where do I even begin; the grounds and the landscape, nestled in beautiful gardens with a stunning view of rolling hills. This venue was the first and last place we looked at for our wedding. As soon as we met Katherine and she walked us around the grounds we instantly knew nothing would compare to the Crossed Keys Inn. Our wedding day was more perfect than anything I could have dreamed. If you want a beautiful canvas to customize and personalize your wedding this place is it. Katherine and Jessica provided all the guidance any overwhelmed bride could want and need. The floral designs Jessica provided was amazing; flowers I never heard of, but were exactly what I wanted. All our guests raved about the food and I couldn't agree more! The cocktail hour was displayed so beautifully and the dinner was unlike any wedding dinner I've had. I would recommend this venue to anybody who wants a beautiful wedding with a beautiful landscape and the most talented and creative people to bring your dreams to life. The Crossed Keys Inn will certainly not disappoint and was the perfect place to start our lives together!

Profile Picture Courtney, 5/16/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Cannot say enough about the venue- food was great, the venue itself is spectacular and the staff were hands on the best. Made me and my husband feel the way a bride and groom should feel on their wedding day. They got us anything and everything we needed or asked for. Everyone said it was the best wedding they had been to- it was a wonderful experience and would do it all over again if I could- the after party was a blast and everythinf was just so easy and smooth. Thank you for making my day special and dealing with the little twists and turns that all wedding experience!

Profile Picture Alaina, 10/25/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Planning

As a recent bride at CK, I can't think of a more picturesque place to have your wedding. CK is beyond idyllic in every way. Katherine and her team work tirelessly to meet every need you may have. Whatever detail you dream up, rest assured Katherine can and will make it happen to your amazement. From the gorgeous and thoughtful flower arrangements that Katherine designs so artistically, to the full assistance with furniture/china/linen rentals, set up of their photobooth, wide array of delicious food stations/menu items cooked in house to choose from all down to the day of coordination with Katherine orchestrating every detail to perfection. Katherine pulled it all together and I was amazed and in awe. She helped make our wedding day the most beautiful day we can remember. I have received so many compliments on the location, set up, event coordination, flowers, food and beautiful details that I have lost track! CK is exceptional in every way and having your wedding here will surely surpass every dream you think you have of your gorgeous outdoor garden wedding. Enjoy!

Profile Picture Lauren , 9/6/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Wedding Planning

My niece was married at Crossed Keys Inn last weekend. It was one if the most beautiful weddings I have ever attended. There was not a detail that was overlooked. The venue is beautiful, so charming. The food was delish!!! Presentation was stunning! Flowers, the fire pit all stunning!!! Katherine is a delightful and attentive hostess. It was certainly a memorable occasion!

Profile Picture Donnamarie, 8/30/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Where do I start? Crossed Keys Inn hosted the wedding of our dreams! Our family and friends cannot stop talking about it.

This venue offers a unique setting but still provides professionalism and presentation of a more typical venue. The ceremony garden and reception tent are nothing short of gorgeous. Guests absolutely raved about the food. And the firepit hour with s'mores and whiskey was the most amazing way to wind down our perfect day.

We had a pretty specific look in mind for our August wedding, and Katherine immediately understood our vision and made it happen. I am quite detail oriented but with Katherine in charge, I was able to enjoy every minute of our wedding day knowing that all was taken care of.
Katherine and Celso certainly delivered!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Profile Picture Brielle, 8/30/14, 4 Reviews

Katherine and Celso certainly delivered!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Profile Picture Brielle, 8/30/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Planning

If you are deciding where to have your wedding, I'd recommend choosing Crossed Keys Inn. Everything was wonderful. Katherine was very easy to work with and her relaxed manner helped set the wedding tone. The grounds are beautiful, and the ceremony backdrop is breathtaking. People raved about the food and the attentiveness of the staff.

Profile Picture donna, 8/23/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Planning

Everythjng about the wedding venue and the staff was amazing! It was a dream come true and I cannot express how grateful I am thst I chose this place and the event stagg!

Profile Picture Rebeca, 8/23/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Planning

From beginning to end, Ian and Becky's wedding was perfection. The first time we met with Katherine and visited Crossed Keys, I was impressed with her professionalism, enthusiasm and love of what she does. She helped them build memories that will last a lifetime. The food was delicious and our guests raved about the selection and quality that Crossed Keys offered. The venue is one of the prettiest I have ever seen. We were surrounded by mountains and nature all day and it made the ceremony and reception so unique. Every detail was meticulously taken care of and the bride and groom were able to truly enjoy their time with family and friends. I cannot thank Katherine and her staff enough for making this dream come true for my family.

Profile Picture Kathy, 8/16/14, 1 Review